Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Yup. Bozo just bought off Congress and made his peace with Maia, so now he and his crew can focus on the STF hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

surely the PT must be in a killer position to make a comeback now that the replacement governments have been either comically corrupt or outright murderous to the point of making organised crime groups look responsible

please

they must

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

STF?
Edit: Thanks

genericnick has issued a correction as of 13:21 on May 28, 2020

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Supreme Court

spivak
May 19, 2010

V. Illych L. posted:

surely the PT must be in a killer position to make a comeback now that the replacement governments have been either comically corrupt or outright murderous to the point of making organised crime groups look responsible

please

they must

If PT wins again, I would say there is no way we don't experience a coup.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

please

they must

you are seriously overestimating the workers' party as it is right now

with the exception of Lula, they have no leadership roster at all to speak of and the party itself has turned from its base of support. The Brazilian left had some trouble digesting that, but we are doing better in terms of local politics

really the best chance for PT is Lula taking a bunch of steps back and allowing others to lead the party, because he has effectively sequestered it in terms of influence but has no combative desire whatsoever to call even a basic strike that was the bread and butter of PT politics during the 80s and something he was extremely good at, and that is a direct consequence of his embrace of class conciliation and third way bullshit

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

dead gay comedy forums posted:

you are seriously overestimating the workers' party as it is right now

with the exception of Lula, they have no leadership roster at all to speak of and the party itself has turned from its base of support. The Brazilian left had some trouble digesting that, but we are doing better in terms of local politics

really the best chance for PT is Lula taking a bunch of steps back and allowing others to lead the party, because he has effectively sequestered it in terms of influence but has no combative desire whatsoever to call even a basic strike that was the bread and butter of PT politics during the 80s and something he was extremely good at, and that is a direct consequence of his embrace of class conciliation and third way bullshit

The thing is that Lula didn't even wanted to lead. He's been wanting to become just a minister and work on the background since the second Dilma admin but the fact that they don't have any other country-wide leadership means that he's been very reluctantly been thrust into the spot.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

spivak posted:

If PT wins again, I would say there is no way we don't experience a coup.

This.

I assume that any big move to impeach Bozo or strike his candidacy down as ilelgal (the fastest option) will be followed (or preceded) by throwing Lula back in jail to both calm down the chuds, and to make way for some new center-right savior.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Plutonis posted:

The thing is that Lula didn't even wanted to lead. He's been wanting to become just a minister and work on the background since the second Dilma admin but the fact that they don't have any other country-wide leadership means that he's been very reluctantly been thrust into the spot.

I know that is what was said and all, but I kinda disagree. Exactly because of the "work in the background" part, you know? Him being a grey eminence hindered Dilma a lot in my opinion. She was actually right in seeking counsel with him because her political instinct was poor to say the least, but that unfortunately made things in general much worse for her as she was perceived as being puppeteered by him; imagine if he was minister chief of staff?

He, after all, insisted heavily that Dilma be his successor candidate when she did not want the position; turns out that José Dirceu (remember him?) was absolutely correct when he disagreed with Lula on his treatment of Marina Silva, who should have been his successor and had tremendous political chops to carry out a continued program of some sort of social democracy. That would mean taking PT back towards the course of a decentralized political force, as leaders like José Genoíno wanted, but away from personalism and thus from Lula.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Frota is Antifa and Datena is a Commie. Incredible days.

dead gay comedy forums posted:

I know that is what was said and all, but I kinda disagree. Exactly because of the "work in the background" part, you know? Him being a grey eminence hindered Dilma a lot in my opinion. She was actually right in seeking counsel with him because her political instinct was poor to say the least, but that unfortunately made things in general much worse for her as she was perceived as being puppeteered by him; imagine if he was minister chief of staff?

He, after all, insisted heavily that Dilma be his successor candidate when she did not want the position; turns out that José Dirceu (remember him?) was absolutely correct when he disagreed with Lula on his treatment of Marina Silva, who should have been his successor and had tremendous political chops to carry out a continued program of some sort of social democracy. That would mean taking PT back towards the course of a decentralized political force, as leaders like José Genoíno wanted, but away from personalism and thus from Lula.

Oh I absolutely agree that he should have started to decentralize the party in 06. You do make a good point, but there could be indeed the chance that he was counting on leaving the scene around 16 or so and having to be dragged since the media onslaught began to eat on the support of PT.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu3FOkGPyN4

saudades de um quebra-pau, né meus queridos?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the only people who give a poo poo about protesting now here are the 300 cosplayers, gently caress this

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Plutonis posted:

the only people who give a poo poo about protesting now here are the 300 cosplayers, gently caress this

dunno

https://twitter.com/ultrajano/status/1267115529531252736

this is extremely promising, corinthians antifa are seriously loving awesome people

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

nuke this country

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

in general our upper middle class is the worst in the world handily

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I don't think it was even necessary to say it out loud at this point but Celso de Mello is literally screaming at everyone that a military dictatorship is coming.

quote:

“GUARDADAS as devidas proporções, O “OVO DA SERPENTE”, à semelhança do que ocorreu na República de Weimar (1919-1933) , PARECE estar prestes a eclodir NO BRASIL ! É PRECISO RESISTIR À DESTRUIÇÃO DA ORDEM DEMOCRÁTICA, PARA EVITAR O QUE OCORREU NA REPÚBLICA DE WEIMAR QUANDO HITLER, após eleito por voto popular e posteriormente nomeado pelo Presidente Paul von Hindenburg , em 30/01/1933 , COMO CHANCELER (Primeiro Ministro) DA ALEMANHA (“REICHSKANZLER”), NÃO HESITOU EM ROMPER E EM NULIFICAR A PROGRESSISTA , DEMOCRÁTICA E INOVADORA CONSTITUIÇÃO DE WEIMAR, de 11/08/1919 , impondo ao País um sistema totalitário de poder viabilizado pela edição , em março de 1933 , da LEI (nazista) DE CONCESSÃO DE PLENOS PODERES (ou LEI HABILITANTE) que lhe permitiu legislar SEM a intervenção do Parlamento germânico!!!! “INTERVENÇÃO MILITAR”, como pretendida por bolsonaristas e outras lideranças autocráticas que desprezam a liberdade e odeiam a democracia, NADA MAIS SIGNIFICA, na NOVILÍNGUA bolsonarista, SENÃO A INSTAURAÇÃO , no Brasil, DE UMA DESPREZÍVEL E ABJETA DITADURA MILITAR !!!!”

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
The funniest thing is the PM saying that the fighting broke out when one side raised neonazi flags, but refusing to say which side had the neonazi flags.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

joepinetree posted:

The funniest thing is the PM saying that the fighting broke out when one side raised neonazi flags, but refusing to say which side had the neonazi flags.

I mean, both sides could've lifted those flags, it's pretty unclear at first.

Either the police or the fascists, I mean.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Pres direct-quoted Mussolini on Twitter. Big media are holding hteir hands to their ears and going "lalalala not hearing you the center-right savior will come soon!"

And yeah, the lesson of the last weekend is: police are no longer controlled by the state governments. They belong to Bozo, and any orders against his cattle will -not- be carried out. Simple as that. SP governor shitbird Doria got the message and piped down imemdiately.

spivak
May 19, 2010
Is this fucker really going to attempt a coup or is he testing the waters with his bullshit? Jesus gently caress what a dumb loving country, everything that happened since 2016 has been such a terrible eye-opening disappointment.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/jampamatos/status/1267861756883460099

cool thread about bolsonaro having three times as many expenditures during his time as a congressman as ciro gomes

e:

receipts from the botnet that 02 uses lmao

Plutonis has issued a correction as of 14:19 on Jun 3, 2020

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

spivak posted:

Is this fucker really going to attempt a coup or is he testing the waters with his bullshit? Jesus gently caress what a dumb loving country, everything that happened since 2016 has been such a terrible eye-opening disappointment.

He is. It was never really in doubt.

Even sans pandemic, the impoverishment and austerity of his program would have led to reactions that, while feeble, would have been enough to excuse a coup. He said it with all letters, back when Chile was burning, and accelerated filling every cabinet and ministry position with more generals.

Moro's exit just shrunk the timetable. It was a sign that his support with the squishy PSDB/anti-PT was wavering and they were arituclating a new Great White Hope, one that knew how to use the salad fork and not embarrass the country on the international stage.

The thing is the neoliberal crowd truly has not realized the situation yet. They still think they can put the genie back in the bottle, that they can just call marches like they did in 2013-15 and have a weak government just step aside for them. Their base is gone. The 30% of evangelicals, scared middle class and tough-on-crime cultists they cultivated over the last 20 years now truly believes that PSDB and PT are on and the same thing. They would react to a Moro candidacy exactly as they would to a Lula one, which is almost too insane for words.

Had Haddad by some miracle won in 2018? There would have been a coup, under applause by the 'democracy loving' media and people.

If Bozo or his family comes too close to any consequence? Coup.

If Bozo loses the next election? Coup.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, we would probably have received the same textbook as Bolívia if Haddad had won.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

TBH there are good arguments that the coup might also be presented by the military as a "conciliatory gesture" against the "extremes" of Bolsonarism and PT. Good interview that touches on that:

https://revistaopera.com.br/2020/05/31/piero-leirner-militares-acabarao-por-criar-anomia-da-qual-tanto-falam/

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Plutonis posted:

TBH there are good arguments that the coup might also be presented by the military as a "conciliatory gesture" against the "extremes" of Bolsonarism and PT. Good interview that touches on that:

https://revistaopera.com.br/2020/05/31/piero-leirner-militares-acabarao-por-criar-anomia-da-qual-tanto-falam/

Oh yeah. Any move by the institutions against Bozo, no matter how slight, will have to be coupled with them arresting Lula again, for any reason, to pacify the proto-chuds. He really should be skedaddling to Argentina right this second.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/BrasilWire/status/1269274439352487936

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Coup confirmed.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
new smash bros char confirmed

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Camilo Santana let the cops beat the poo poo out of people on a demonstration I was part of (I live near the place where it was held so I managed to scurry lol). Thank god we have a PT governor.

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

lol

https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/poder/2020/06/olavo-de-carvalho-chama-bolsonaro-de-inativo-e-covarde-e-diz-que-derrubaria-governo.shtml

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

He lost a chain of lawsuits and is looking to pay up damages out his rear end.

Give it two days and the chud CEOs will wire him some cash and shut him up for another month or two.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
not even two days

https://politica.estadao.com.br/not...sil,70003327593

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Hah! Holy poo poo. That was almost on cue.

Combined with how many big evangelical churches are just bleeding money due to the pandemic and having to beg the government for cash, I wonder if this doesn't expose how weak their grift truly is.

Some minimally vigorous enforcement of chalatanism laws as well as courts that had some agility and bite to their proceedings (at least when the defendant is not an annoyingly popular ex-president) could likely have prevented all this madness rather easily.

Of course, it was never anyone's interest (among the elite) to do so until the poo poo hit the fan, but the way may still be there.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Hope that old fart starves to death

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Negostrike posted:

which one

loving miracle that olavo didn't get coronavirus (does he still live in virginia idk)

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Negostrike posted:

He won't. He makes a ton of money; He says he has 5k students paying him 60 bucks a month for his 'classes'. Even if he's lying by half, that's still over a million bucks a year. Add in Youtube ad money, royalties from his books, some of which are best-sellers, and care packages from some chud CEOs that dig him, and he cancoast through lawsuits just fine.

He's squealing because it's what he always does, it gets the loons riled and paying more, and draws attention.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
He has to pay 2 millions to Caetano Veloso, and also has expensive medical debts (perks of living in the USA), it seems. So probably his financial situation is not so confortable

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
the big brain philosopher lives in dollar and gets paid in real

wonder why he failed to breach into the us market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

nerdz posted:

the big brain philosopher lives in dollar and gets paid in real

wonder why he failed to breach into the us market

He's redundant in the US. Chuds of a similar mindset have Alex Jones, Jordan Peterson. Ben Shapiro, Hannity and so on. They don't need a mumbling, immigrant old coot with a bad accent.

Hell, half of what he has done in the last 30 years is basically cherry-pick conspiracy stuff from National Review and Townhall.com and repackage it (barely) for brazilian consumption.