Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

wuggles posted:

I paid $20 for the itch.io bundle now that the gross George Floyd game is off but even at that price it is still a steal. And they're going for a million dollars holy poo poo!

The itch servers are basically on fire right now lmao
https://twitter.com/moonscript/status/1269304469151342596?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
this is the most videos ive ever bought in one swoop

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
there's a lot of cool ttrpg stuff and most of it my group would never play but I can cannibalize them for ideas

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

I 100%ed Deadly Premonition twice and I'm still not sure York or Zach, at that is a real FBI agent

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm so loving hype for Deadly Premonition 2. I preordered it off the eShop the instant it went live and it's been sitting there on my Switch home screen taunting me ever since.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

goblin week posted:

I 100%ed Deadly Premonition twice and I'm still not sure York or Zach, at that is a real FBI agent

well someone's docking his pay for being a stinky agent

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

From the bundle I've downloaded:

Signs of the Sojourner
A Short Hike
OMEGANAUT (Star Fox-inspired roguelike. This does trip the antivirus but some of the reviews had the same issue so I let it through)
Hot Pot Panic
Gunhouse
Overland
Wheels of Aurelia
Cuckoo Castle

(I have already beaten NITW, Minit (HIGHLY recommended), and Oxenfree)

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Monster train is so good. I want this on switch for when we eventually may leave the house

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

nuclear throne, octodad dadliest catch, and sky rogue are getting added to the bundle soon

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The 7th Guest posted:

nuclear throne, octodad dadliest catch, and sky rogue are getting added to the bundle soon

I'm pretty sure that puts me firmly into double digits for the number of times I've bought nuclear throne lmao

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SeXReX posted:

I'm pretty sure that puts me firmly into double digits for the number of times I've bought nuclear throne lmao
ya i got it from the ACLU bundle i think??

i wouldn't be surprised if another 250-300 games end up in the bundle by this time next week. when people were doing the free giveaways for stay-at-home a couple of months ago, more and more devs kept joining in and i think this'll be a similar situation. i think there were over 100 in the queue at the moment

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The 7th Guest posted:

ya i got it from the ACLU bundle i think??

i wouldn't be surprised if another 250-300 games end up in the bundle by this time next week. when people were doing the free giveaways for stay-at-home a couple of months ago, more and more devs kept joining in and i think this'll be a similar situation. i think there were over 100 in the queue at the moment

Yeah they said they will keep adding submissions, I think someone who counted said there were over 150 posted in the thread on their forums about it that weren't in the 750 so there's that at least.

Of course now the people who run the site have to split focus between adding them and putting out fires while they deal with the most traffic ever

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Monster train is so good. I want this on switch for when we eventually may leave the house

Hell yeah!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Holy cow Signs of the Sojourner is good!!!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

looks like Boreal Tales was submitted on the forums https://boreal-tenebrae.itch.io/boreal-tales

Hardcoregaming101 submited one of their books

Temmie submitted her mini-game that toby fox did music for. Underhero was submitted which is a platforming rpg that was in Humble Choice a couple of months ago. dujanah which was that bizarre claymation game. Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass was submitted if you want to be depressed by a game. and for a blast from the past, The Real Texas, that game that never got out of Steam Greenlight

Runner 3 was submitted. Master Spy was submitted, that was a decent game, kinda like arcadey stealth, probably meant to be speedrun but i don't speedrun. Hidden Paws which i played on steam, it's basically just "look around and find all the cats". and Lenna's Inception gently caress yea

dannyb submitted some of his soundtracks

e: organizing the post a little

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 6, 2020

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

The 7th Guest posted:

Hidden Paws which i played on steam, it's basically just "look around and find all the cats"

Judgment?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

runeterra is extremely good, it has a really interesting timing mechanic that I don't think I've seen in any other ccg. it doesn't really have a concept of a monolithic capital t Turn in the mtg sense where you play out all your phases and however many cards you can and pass it over to the other guy. in runeterra you take turns playing cards one at a time, and pass an attack token back and forth between rounds that you use to spend a turn on to declare attackers, but it isn't exactly like the attacking player is "in control" like most ccgs, and there are certain cards that can generate an attack token for the defender (or give the attacker additional attacks). end effect is there's a huge emphasis on when and in what order to play cards and use your attack token, whether you want to press an advantage early in the round or take time to play cards and potentially give your opponent a chance to respond, or save mana for later in the round. also it has essentially the same spell timing and stack mechanics as magic and That's Sick (it actually goes beyond magic and adds a third spell speed beyond instant)

it's a very generous f2p also, they give you enough stuff right off the bat to craft whatever deck you want, they don't sell card packs at all (but do sell singles), and if you play even a little bit each week they poo poo cards and crafting currency all over you. + has the best drafting mode in the biz imo

I've been playing this today and yesterday it's pretty fun even though I don't know any who any of the league of legend characters are. I agree the way turns work is really interesting

I just got to the point where it asks you to pick a region and I picked the one with the spider woman. I don't want to play online yet because I'm still having to read all the card effects but I'm having a good time playing the AI :cool:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hear that Monster train is a good single-player card game, try it out

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

If we've already bought the itch bundle, do we get all this new stuff too?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Hwurmp posted:

If we've already bought the itch bundle, do we get all this new stuff too?

One of the site devs said so on Twitter yeah

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Finished Maneater in just over 10 hours. Repetitive but charming, good if you can get it for 20bux. Here are the games I've finished so far in 2020, also including DLC:

- Eliza
- Bloodborne
- Doom Eternal
- Control: Foundation
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Streets of Rage 4
- Final Fantasy X
- Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
- Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath
- Maneater

Up Next: IDK

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember there was this old pc game that might've been freeware, not sure, but you played as a tiny space man or robot guy or something and the game only had like 4 colors but it was all very bright and blocky, almost like it was solely CMYK for the colors. You had to platform around and I remember in an early room was this big tank you had to avoid or destroy or something. It was a sidescroller and I think it was open world in the sense that the whole thing was a maze you were working your way through. It would have been from the 90s or 80s. Does anyone have any idea what I'm thinking of?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Finished Maneater in just over 10 hours. Repetitive but charming, good if you can get it for 20bux. Here are the games I've finished so far in 2020, also including DLC:

- Eliza
- Bloodborne
- Doom Eternal
- Control: Foundation
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Streets of Rage 4
- Final Fantasy X
- Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
- Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath
- Maneater

Up Next: IDK

Is Control: Foundation any good? I checked out after the first 30 minutes of fighting cavemen in a sand pit

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Convex posted:

Is Control: Foundation any good? I checked out after the first 30 minutes of fighting cavemen in a sand pit

It's cool but it's just 3-4 more hours of Control, nothing too incredibly beyond what you get in the base game.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Finished games in 2020:

Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition
Dead Rising
Doom 1994
Judgment
The Witness
FF7 Remake
Hollow Knight (well, two endings at least)
Birth ME Code
Baba Is You
Resident Evil 3 Remake
Metro 2033 Redux
Doom Eternal
Murder by Numbers
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Lair of the Clockwork God
The Pedestrian
Sagebrush

Currently struggling with my hoarder obsession in Divinity: Original Sin 2

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Here are the games I've finished in 2020

Final Fantasy XIV:A Realm Reborn

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Here are the games I've finished in 2020

Final Fantasy XIV:A Realm Reborn
now when you say "finished",

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

homeless snail posted:

now when you say "finished",

I didn't 100% it, but I beat the story and saw the end credits. And then I did the 2.1 content too because I didn't want to end it on a sour note after those lovely boss fights.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Gripweed posted:

I didn't 100% it, but I beat the story and saw the end credits. And then I did the 2.1 content too because I didn't want to end it on a sour note after those lovely boss fights.

And then you had to keep playing to get to 2.4 when things start getting capital G good.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Awesome Animals posted:

And then you had to keep playing to get to 2.4 when things start getting capital G good.

Then I took a break so I don't burn out on it. I'll play a different game before I go back to FFXIV

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
That's the right call I think. I powered through after finishing ARR and I think I enjoyed Heavensward less then most because of it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Astrologaster is delightful.

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Going through the itch.io bundle like a shopping spree, downloading everything so fast I can't be sure I didn't just imagine some of the titles

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm wondering how they will handle the first update to the bundle, if they'll just be tacked on to the end of the list or if they'll be sprinkled in throughout the existing pages (ugh please no)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This year I have finished:
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy XII

Right now I am working on C&C Red Alert on the Soviet campaign, and then will go over to the Allie campaign.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

False alarm, i think.

God says it's real, i don't know anymore

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jun 7, 2020

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I think I really dislike the Savage World's TTRPG system. Either combat is designed to be frustratingly slow or my GM just sucks.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

I think I really dislike the Savage World's TTRPG system. Either combat is designed to be frustratingly slow or my GM just sucks.

Having run the system myself, the combat shouldn't be any slower than comparable systems, but also Savage Worlds is kind of :shrug: as a system anyway

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what's the best way to play chrono trigger nowadays? an emulator? hacking an snes classic if that's possible? some other way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

abelwingnut posted:

what's the best way to play chrono trigger nowadays? an emulator? hacking an snes classic if that's possible? some other way?

It's on steam or gog I can't remember which.