Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Grilled up some honey-sriracha chicken, pineapple, and veg skewers.

I hope you like YELLOW food!

Somehow all I had in the house was yellow produce. Yellow bell pepper, yellow squash, pineapple. And of course the yellow corn on the cob off camera...

Skewers were delicious though :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Red beans and rice with whole wheat/barley/onion chapati.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
It was really hot tonight so I made cold sesame noodles with tofu and quick pickled cucumbers. I only had a really mild batch of fresnos on hand so I also slopped a bunch of lao gan ma on top. I couldn't believe how pretty the scallions we have this week are so I cut them pretty thick so I could just look at 'em.

Edit: Oh yeah, and it was vegan!

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 7, 2020

Tev
Aug 13, 2008
Never heard of ribeye cap before, but this turned out stupendously. Never finished anything on the grill this beautiful before either. Apologies for the hasty picture, I was already like halfway through eating it, I could barely stop myself...it tore apart with just my fingers.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Ooh, ribeye cap. I know it as spinalis. It is one of the greatest beefmeats.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
It’s the best bit of the animal.

Tev
Aug 13, 2008

Torquemada posted:

It’s the best bit of the animal.

Yeah I had no idea, but I'm very much on the bandwagon now.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Tev posted:

Never heard of ribeye cap before, but this turned out stupendously. Never finished anything on the grill this beautiful before either. Apologies for the hasty picture, I was already like halfway through eating it, I could barely stop myself...it tore apart with just my fingers.

:eyepop:

Holy poo poo.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

How Wonderful! posted:

It was really hot tonight so I made cold sesame noodles with tofu and quick pickled cucumbers. I only had a really mild batch of fresnos on hand so I also slopped a bunch of lao gan ma on top. I couldn't believe how pretty the scallions we have this week are so I cut them pretty thick so I could just look at 'em.

Edit: Oh yeah, and it was vegan!

Recipe please?

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008

Tev posted:

It does look beautiful. But treat yourself and let that bad boy rest so your beef juices stay in the beef and don't end up on cutting board! Would still devour.

Tev
Aug 13, 2008

bartlebee posted:

It does look beautiful. But treat yourself and let that bad boy rest so your beef juices stay in the beef and don't end up on cutting board! Would still devour.

We tried so hard. We made it like 8 minutes.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I neglected to take pictures, but I made french onion soup for the first time last night. I served it with salmon, and it was fantastic. I'll be having it again tonight with filet mignon. It took way too long, but the end result was worth it imo.

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that

Some grilled prime strip and two recipes from Ottolenghi's Simple: Mustardy Cauliflower and Tomato Sumac Shallot Pine Nut Salad

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
pesto is my go to herb clean out and I had some chicken I needed to use, so pesto parm w/guanciale it is

also if you are from New Jersey, some rippers were on the menu for nice weather

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
I made a Croque Madame.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I've never had a ripper, but I do love a hot dog with a snap. Pan fried natural casing new england style dogs are my go to. Rippers are deep fried whole, I presume?

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

New Jersey Rippers is my stripper name.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Bollock Monkey posted:

Recipe please?

Here! As written it's supposed to be served warm but I just let everything cool and held off on tossing in the cucumbers and tofu so they wouldn't get soggy.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Moonphali wale karele ki sabzi, aka bitter gourd with peanuts.

Potatoes with green beans Punjabi style.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
sobaczy

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

sarson ka saag, made with fresh garden spinach, turnip greens and mustard greens. I went too heavy on the spinach and too light on the chiles. it tastes like the color green in a great way.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Grilled chicken gyro on fresh grilled pita with brined zucchini.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Eat This Glob posted:

I've never had a ripper, but I do love a hot dog with a snap. Pan fried natural casing new england style dogs are my go to. Rippers are deep fried whole, I presume?

yeah. Thumans is the best if you're gonna do that IMO

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

New Jersey Rippers is my stripper name.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I attempted to make a stuffed tofu omelette thing that turned into about a 50/50 mix of omelette and scrambled eggs. Once I tried to flip the whole things like the video below, I completely blew any chance I had of a good picture. Tasted great though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4jxabZObJI

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Vankaya ulli karam, aka eggplant stuffed with an onion paste. Very delicious.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Salad and cheesey pita.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Chawli ki phali & aloo sabzi. More details as usual in the potato thread.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Grilled up some honey-sriracha chicken, pineapple, and veg skewers.

I hope you like YELLOW food!

Somehow all I had in the house was yellow produce. Yellow bell pepper, yellow squash, pineapple. And of course the yellow corn on the cob off camera...

Skewers were delicious though :colbert:

Would smash this yellow with gusto.

Tev posted:

Fantastic cut... Could have done with a little more opportunity to rest, but drat. Dammmmnnn.

Teatime tonight... It might not feel like a summer day with this miserable rain and weather, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't eat like it is... So presenting a lovely dish that would be ideal for a barbecue night... Coffee and fried citrus rubbed, mirin marinated salmon fillets, served with tender grilled romaine lettuce, charred shallot and charred lemon slices...

Beautiful! The richness and earthiness of coffee really pairs with salmon, bringing that all important umami to the palate, with the dried citrus adding extra depth and warmth, and the mirin giving that touch of sweetness...

Grilled lettuce is always a personal favourite, with all the bitter notes and crunch giving way to a warm, soft, buttery mellowness. It's one of those things that people should really try!

The charred shallot and lemon bring that little bit of bitterness back to the tastebuds, and of course the lemon brings plenty of sharpness to cut through the fatty flavours of that salmon.

Balanced, tasty, healthy food.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

No one commented on this I think because it's not clear what it is. This is some kind of sandwich?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Olpainless posted:

Teatime tonight... It might not feel like a summer day with this miserable rain and weather, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't eat like it is... So presenting a lovely dish that would be ideal for a barbecue night... Coffee and fried citrus rubbed, mirin marinated salmon fillets, served with tender grilled romaine lettuce, charred shallot and charred lemon slices...

Beautiful! The richness and earthiness of coffee really pairs with salmon, bringing that all important umami to the palate, with the dried citrus adding extra depth and warmth, and the mirin giving that touch of sweetness...

Grilled lettuce is always a personal favourite, with all the bitter notes and crunch giving way to a warm, soft, buttery mellowness. It's one of those things that people should really try!

The charred shallot and lemon bring that little bit of bitterness back to the tastebuds, and of course the lemon brings plenty of sharpness to cut through the fatty flavours of that salmon.

Balanced, tasty, healthy food.

This looks like heaven. If I die and don't immediately wake up to this I'll know I lived the life of a sinner.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

droll posted:

No one commented on this I think because it's not clear what it is. This is some kind of sandwich?

That appears to be a very delicious looking smash burger on a homemade roll

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Black pepper tofu with bok choy and a big glop of lao gan ma on top. I cheated actually and used some green and white peppercorns too.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Post desserts?

Pineapple cashew brulee with lacto-fermented blueberries.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

That appears to be a very delicious looking smash burger on a homemade roll

It's one of the best home made smash burgers I have ever seen Period

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

droll posted:

It's one of the best home made smash burgers I have ever seen Period

I mean duh look at the crispies on them patties. Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiit

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Stuffed bharwa tinda (apple gourd). Extremely delicious.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

droll posted:

yes this kind of sandwich is called a hamburger

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.
Steak sammich!

Sous vide steak seared on a cast iron, roasted garlic mayo/mustard spread, kale from the local farm tossed in oil/salt/lemon juice, thin shaved red onions, grated manchengo cheese on homemade sourdough bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

This week's dinners