Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

I've been playing NFS Heat, and having a lot of fun so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

StrixNebulosa posted:

seriously does no one want this? Offer's open all day, first one to quote me gets a free BLM bundle of more cool stuff than you can shake a stick at

I'm one of the people that sees that kind of bundle and starts to get anxiety. The real Dark Souls starts here. Nice to see you supporting them, you player of games, you.

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

...but I didn't have any problems with the logs and in most cases found them interesting enough to listen to. I mean, they're 100% skippable if you aren't into them and I found them to tie really nicely into the game's themes.

As I progressed further, some of the audio logs definitely do what you say. The best one I experienced was the astronaut one at the top of the laser mountain as you gaze upon the entire map and its biomes/puzzles. Long, but good.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

So apparently there will be another 600 games added to the itchio bundle. drat.

https://twitter.com/moonscript/status/1269416380765310976

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

my backlog

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Imagine having to install all of those....

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Say what you want about Humble Bundle putting crappy filler games all in their bundles to make them look like better value for the money, but at least they don't throw 1000+ of them at you at a time with no way to even sort the list.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cardiovorax posted:

Say what you want about Humble Bundle putting crappy filler games all in their bundles to make them look like better value for the money, but at least they don't throw 1000+ of them at you at a time with no way to even sort the list.

lol

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
what the gently caress

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cardiovorax posted:

mate

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Cardiovorax posted:

I'm getting the sense that you've never visited steam before

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
:ughh: Yeah, sure, let's go with that.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

It's a 700ish(soon to be over 1000) game charity bundle for $5 with a bunch of games that are easily worth $5 on their own and you're complaining because it's mildly inconvenient to sort it, you don't get to act like other people are being dumb here.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jun 7, 2020

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
You could just donate money to the cause without the incentive of a 1000 unsorted games, then

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

StrixNebulosa posted:

Burnout Paradise Remastered. It's still the best racing game ever made.

Orv posted:

Mirror's Edge and Catalyst are both more or less completely unique games and while both have their problems and their own suite of questionable design choices you should definitely try at least one.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (they called the third Hot Pursuit game Hot Pursuit) is a fun but not great attempt at making a more traditionally structured Burnout Paradise 1.5.

Medal of Honor: Airborne has one of my favorite FPS campaigns of all time because of how remarkably open-ended the missions are and how you can tackle them from so many different directions and orders of operation.

Jade Empire is still a really good RPG if you somehow haven't played it in the intervening decade+.

Burnout Paradise sounds fun, but it sounds like it there are issues with it not running properly mentioned in the reviews (also sounds like you still need to go through Origin in order to start it.) FAKE EDIT: Actually, it looks like quite a few of the new titles require a sign-in through Origin.

I have the first Mirror's Edge; I just haven't gotten around to playing it. Catalyst I thought looked interesting, though the thing I heard is that it just kind of flew under the radar when it got released.

I thought I had MoH:Airborne on GOG, but then I realize that I was mixing that up with Allied Assault. I remember now that Airborne was the one where, like you described, had a kind of open-world sort of design which I remember a lot of people liked. That one's pretty cheap and doesn't seem to require an Origin sign-in, so I think I might grab that one.

I already have Jade Empire (I actually bought it on Steam, then later bought it again on GOG because I heard the Steam version didn't run properly). I haven't gotten around to playing it yet, though.

In regards to other Bioware RPGs, I noticed they added Dragon Age II and DA: Inquistion GOTY (I thought they were on there already, but it looks like they got pulled at one point, then re-added just recently.) What's really odd is that DA: Origins and DA: Awakening also got added, but there's still the Ultimate Edition of DA: O that includes both (sounds like it might be some kind of weird region lock thing.)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I am happy to give 5$ to charity, and I personally love that it buys me a completely wild tour through hundreds of weird arthouse THINGS. There's a selfcare program. There's a pdf about ant philosophers. There's like twenty different SHMUPs. There are horror games of every flavor including Sagebrush, which is about exploring a cult compound. There's an open world SNES-looking pirate adventure sim. There's a freaking flash platformer featuring garbage physics. There's a VR exploration of New Zealand. There's an ASCII hacking/typing puzzle game about helping a person in space prison.

I don't know about you guys but the hours of wonder and disgust I get from exploring the collection are easily more than worth the price of admission. It feels like going to a college student art show and getting to touch everything without being thrown out by the guards.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I remember the original Mirror's Edge being a blast right up until the point that they forced combat on you, despite the entire game plot AND mechanics wise seemingly designed for being a runner who AVOIDS getting into fights and ideally never gets spotted at all.

Does Catalyst do the same thing?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

One cool thing about the Itch bundle is:

quote:

Note: Projects in this bundle are hidden in your library by default untill you first access them in order to avoid flooding your library. You can return to this page at any time to access any projects you wish to show in your library.

I don't play RPGs, but love reading source books. Looking forward to digging into Lancer tonight.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

It feels like going to a college student art show and getting to touch everything without being thrown out by the guards.

they can't throw you out if they don't catch you!

ahh, pre-quarantine days

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Jerusalem posted:

I remember the original Mirror's Edge being a blast right up until the point that they forced combat on you, despite the entire game plot AND mechanics wise seemingly designed for being a runner who AVOIDS getting into fights and ideally never gets spotted at all.

Does Catalyst do the same thing?

Technically no because running combat is a focus right upfront from the beginning.
I feel like it flows well once you get used to it but there's a lot of people that don't like it.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 7, 2020

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

This itch.io bundle is insane, I'm going to be digging through it for years. It's a good motivation to try strange arthouse or shortform games I'd probably never look into otherwise.

Beacon is a pretty fun twin stick roguelite in that bundle. The art design is really smooth and pleasing. One of the gimmicks is collecting strands of DNA you can use to mutate yourself. Some of them look like flat stat changes at first, but once you "sequence" they have a chance to mutate into something with an exotic mechanical effect. I'm not sure how deep it is but so far it seems like there's a pretty good variety of items, weapons, and mutations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOcguVIMrfc

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

specifically the bundle includes a shmup where you are dogs that shoot swords

don't think of your bundle in terms of "well i guess all 1000 of these games are on my backlog now", especially since they don't give steam keys anyway

there's a lot of tabletop games, soundtracks, tilesets/programmer assets mixed in, and also.. if you paid for the bundle specifically to support the cause, then i don't think any game goes on the backlog until you decide to play it, because you paid for the cause and not the games

similarly if you paid because of specific games, then just put those specific games on your backlog

a backlog should only consist of the games that you want or intend to play

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hub Cat posted:

Technically no because running combat is a focus right upfront from the beginning.
I feel like it flows well once you get used to it but there's a lot of people that don't like it.

Oof yeah, that was my least favorite part of the first game so doesn't sound like my type of thing, sadly.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

odiv posted:

One cool thing about the Itch bundle is:

I don't play RPGs, but love reading source books. Looking forward to digging into Lancer tonight.

Haha same. Lancer specifically was what made me want to get this

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Jerusalem posted:

Oof yeah, that was my least favorite part of the first game so doesn't sound like my type of thing, sadly.

I would say check it out on youtube honestly, they made an earnest attempt to integrate the combat into the parkour it's not the bad first person fighting from the first game and Faith can't use guns in Catalyst.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Wow. They've already hit $1.5 million.
I'm broke as gently caress but I'm throwing $5 towards it.

e: Here's a sortable list of all the games

Oldstench fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jun 7, 2020

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

FastestGunAlive posted:

You could just donate money to the cause without the incentive of a 1000 unsorted games, then
Yeah, I'd just give the SPLC a fiver instead. No offense intended, but I've gone through Itch.io's catalogue before and I don't think I'd play any of those games even if I got them for free. I was just kind of amused at the way they bill the bundle as being totally worth 3500+ dollars.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah, I'd just give the SPLC a fiver instead. No offense intended, but I've gone through Itch.io's catalogue before and I don't think I'd play any of those games even if I got them for free. I was just kind of amused at the way they bill the bundle as being totally worth 3500+ dollars.
you wouldn't play Night in the Woods? not even for 5 bucks?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

you wouldn't play Night in the Woods? not even for 5 bucks?
Okay, correction: I wouldn't play any of them that I don't already own anyway.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I found like 4 dozen games in there that I was interested in playing, some which were in my Steam wishlist

Beglitched, Quadrilateral Cowboy, Xenogunner, Pendula Swing, Signs of the Sojourner, Shipwreck, MythBearer, Fossil Hunters, Frog Fractions 2, Midboss

just naming a few. and Lenna's Inception, Nuclear Throne, Octodad Dadliest Catch, Sky Rogue, and Boreal Tales are in the submission queue to be added

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cardiovorax posted:

:smuggo:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

MO: Astray is ticking all the boxes I hoped it would. Fun platforming, interesting puzzles, intense boss fights, and an intriguing story.

My only complaint so far is that I've been avoiding killing wherever possible, not actually ever using my ability to rip people's heads off but sometimes the games takes it out of my control like executing an enemy in a cutscene or the boss fight I just did in which I have to mow enemies down by the dozens.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Cardiovorax posted:

jesus christ how much can one person :goonsay: about a charity bundle of soon-to-be 1000+ games and tabletop materials to donate to causes related to a guy getting executed over the course of 8+ minutes while crying for his mom

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

The answer is written on that stick you've got up your rear end. Tell me if you ever manage to get it out.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Orv
May 4, 2011
At what point can we just be rid of Cardiovorax, cause goddamn.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Anyone here used a Razer Tartarus and had thoughts, or used something similar they'd recommend? (e: preferably the latter given Razer and build quality/QC, christ)

I posted in the roguelike thread that in thirty years of playing FPSes the whole scheme for the left hand has never felt really comfortable or accurate in terms of movement (or, hell, even accurately hitting Z/X/C/V in the heat of the moment, I won't lie) in the way controller does. But right joystick aim sucks rear end compared to even my weird ergo vertical mouse. So I thought something like the linked doodad maybe :shepspends:

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Weird poo poo like this is why the bundle is so cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQx6fyrZDWM

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Cardiovorax posted:

The answer is written on that stick you've got up your rear end. Tell me if you ever manage to get it out.

You're pathetic lmao

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Orv posted:

Mirror's Edge and Catalyst are both more or less completely unique games and while both have their problems and their own suite of questionable design choices you should definitely try at least one.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (they called the third Hot Pursuit game Hot Pursuit) is a fun but not great attempt at making a more traditionally structured Burnout Paradise 1.5.

Medal of Honor: Airborne has one of my favorite FPS campaigns of all time because of how remarkably open-ended the missions are and how you can tackle them from so many different directions and orders of operation.

Jade Empire is still a really good RPG if you somehow haven't played it in the intervening decade+.

Airborne is the one game that got me to go “Okay guys, you may want to tone down the evil Nazis a little.” Something about the combination of it trying to be some sweeping emotional journey of airborne soldiers through real battles of the war combined with regular Nazi soldiers that also have what can only be described as a Doom Tower (I know flak towers are a thing that existed but not to this scale), will gleefully crush US soldiers with their tank treads (after revving the engine menacingly of course), and super soldiers in full armor firing MG42’s from hip.

Give me that in Wolfenstein and I’ll enjoy blasting them apart all day though.

Edit: gently caress I thought the phrase sounded familiar and I apparently stole “Doom tower” from a 10 year old Zero Punctuation video, though he said fortress.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jun 7, 2020

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Hey if you get that bundle be sure to check out Blast Rush!

Cardiovorax posted:

lmao shut up nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

kirbysuperstar posted:

Hey if you get that bundle be sure to check out Blast Rush!
yea it looked cool

it's android only tho

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jun 7, 2020