Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
What are the most valuable or rare minifigures? I have one each of this guy and this guy from Imperial Trading Post and Skull's Eye Schooner respectively and it appears this particular torso piece is what makes them somewhat rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Super jealous, I've got the imperial trading post for sure, one of my prized childhood sets, but cannot find that Torso anywhere. I looked up on Bricklink a while back and it was super expensive. Nice that you've got him dude.

I think Mr Gold would be up there. Or perhaps one of the chrome plated C3PO figs.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Spotted in another thread...

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

What are the most valuable or rare minifigures? I have one each of this guy and this guy from Imperial Trading Post and Skull's Eye Schooner respectively and it appears this particular torso piece is what makes them somewhat rare.

If you really want to go down that rabbit hole, have a look at these articles:
https://brickset.com/article/49814/rare-minifigures
https://brickset.com/article/51435/another-word-on-rare-minifigures

But if you're talking about minifigs in sets, then probably any limited edition ones, like Mr Gold, the chrome C-3PO, that kind of thing. That Pirate fig is expensive, sure, but it's pretty cheap and easy to find compared to truly rare figs.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

deoju posted:

Spotted in another thread...

Never seen a train drift before, pretty bad rear end.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

ChesterJT posted:

From the same post in the pyf memes and macros thread. I trimmed it because it's not lego.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ChesterJT posted:

It started in a manga that parodies the series Initial D called Densha de D that's about people multi-track drifting trains and there's even a game based around it.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Great, now I need a lego hachi roku

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Sure, here you go.

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/unlicensed-lego-initial-d-toyota-ae86/

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Oxyclean posted:

I was looking at the white 911 (42096) - I dont think the Orange one is being sold anymore, least not from Lego themselves. The crane I was looking at was 42108 - the 42082 is a decent bit more pricey (349$ CAD) Though a motorized set is a bit tempting too.

The white 911 is a pretty boring set imo, but it has so much air in it, so there are really good modifications out there to make it interesting/fully motorized (but that costs a lot). There's also a pretty dope MoC based on it that makes an F1 car. I don't have the "new" yellow crane, as I luckily have the last two, and I don't need the third. I red one review about it that wasn't very positive, but the guy building it said himself he assumes that he made a build error.

The red crane - just checked - in fact got a bit more expensive now that it's out of production. I still think it's one of the best technic sets in recent years. It's a lot of fun to build, not much repetition, looks really good (it's really big), and is fun to play with, even as an adult. Even at the current price, I think it's a good cost-to-brick ratio.

The white 911 has even less functions than the orange one, and is basically a display set. It looks good apart from the headlights, they are terrible. The orange 911 also looses it's appeal pretty quick on display (even more so if you expose it to sunlight ;) ). I made the McLaren P1 MoC based on it, and that one is pretty dope as it has more interesting functions, but an absolute pain to build.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

deoju posted:

pyf memes and macros thread

Why are you holding out on us? Where is the link!?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

tuo posted:

The red crane - just checked - in fact got a bit more expensive now that it's out of production. I still think it's one of the best technic sets in recent years. It's a lot of fun to build, not much repetition, looks really good (it's really big), and is fun to play with, even as an adult. Even at the current price, I think it's a good cost-to-brick ratio.
This red crane? I don't think that's out of production or the price has changed? Granted, I'm talking Canadian prices, and it's certainly cheaper then the Labo or Bugatti, it's definitely one of the more pricey technic sets available.

Looking at more shots/clips of it though, it definitely looks like a pretty impressive set and the price-to-piece ratio seems reasonable, particularly given it has a motor included?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Oxyclean posted:

This red crane? I don't think that's out of production or the price has changed? Granted, I'm talking Canadian prices, and it's certainly cheaper then the Labo or Bugatti, it's definitely one of the more pricey technic sets available.

Looking at more shots/clips of it though, it definitely looks like a pretty impressive set and the price-to-piece ratio seems reasonable, particularly given it has a motor included?

Mea culpa, I only checked online prices and thought it's out of production because it's mostly back to the original price. When I bought it, they dumped it for like 30% off. Seems that's no longer the case.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Ineptitude posted:

Why are you holding out on us? Where is the link!?

Oh, I didn't mean to. When you quote a post it automatically makes a link to it. Its the "deoju posted" part. That's why I included it.

Here it is anyway...
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813092&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't believe Lego has only done 1 version of the Endor Bunker scene to date. Seems like the type of thing they'd have done like 3 iterations of by now. I'd be way into a new version.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'm getting to "work" on my pit stop station and crew, but I felt tempted to make a bad guy racer:

[Wow, sorry, that was a lot of pics.]

Introducing the evil Baron von Androide and his two alien henchmen, Sthomp and Gickxs.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hell yeah, that's my kinda poo poo

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Very Dick Dastardly. I approve.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I miss the rubber hoses. Do they still do them in any sets?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Holy dang this is so cool. I want it. I also want to mod it so those flip-up lights work because the fact that they don't is a crime.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

They're great, the perfect cap to any machine, weapon, robot, or ship.

And just stiff enough to pop off, flinging a piece into the distance

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

The_Doctor posted:

Looks like these ones are still in sets as of 2020

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Witnessing a conversation between The Doctor and Nth Doctor... Is one of you John Hurt?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Brawnfire posted:

Witnessing a conversation between The Doctor and Nth Doctor... Is one of you John Hurt?

The Doctor is clearly Paul McGann

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Nth Doctor posted:

The Doctor is clearly Paul McGann

I appreciate that, an overlooked Doctor but one firmly from my childhood

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Brawnfire posted:

Give me a few years and a spaceship crash.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Of course you can't have a space race without the pigs coming in to ruin everyones fun

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Of course you can't have a space race without the pigs coming in to ruin everyones fun

They're the worst driver of the lot, too. TO PROTECT AND SWERVE WOOOO

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

veni veni veni posted:

I'm pretty sure you could use a metter minifig for this:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol I actually looked to see if I had a pig man minifig.

I guess I have some gommorean guards.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think it is only available in one of last years chinese ny sets. The dragon one, iirc.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Could get a Pigsy from Monkie Kid sets.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Waltzing Along posted:

I think it is only available in one of last years chinese ny sets. The dragon one, iirc.

It was also a CMF.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

That Ninjago piece looks surprisingly good on top.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
These little racers are so dope. Keep 'em up!

I don't have anything new for y'all today, just some better photos of the Death Proof lineup.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Put together a little cafe from the bits leftover after my daughter and I made one of 31097's side builds. She did keep stealing other pieces I wanted and tried to bribe me with the cake that made it into the build.

Interior has some minor detail. Not sure about the red lights. No lights looked a bit plain, and my attempt at hanging lanterns didn't quite work at that scale.

The back wall is loving hideous because I ran out of appropriately coloured pieces. It does connect up to the 3-in-1 buildings though, so at least I can hide the mess.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Put together a little cafe from the bits leftover after my daughter and I made one of 31097's side builds. She did keep stealing other pieces I wanted and tried to bribe me with the cake that made it into the build.

Interior has some minor detail. Not sure about the red lights. No lights looked a bit plain, and my attempt at hanging lanterns didn't quite work at that scale.

The back wall is loving hideous because I ran out of appropriately coloured pieces. It does connect up to the 3-in-1 buildings though, so at least I can hide the mess.

I really dig the overhead lights.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Were stud shooters always a thing? The cannons of my childhood had no moving parts and didn’t shoot studs- they also had an Imperial crown on the barrel, at least in the pirate sets.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
they made the cannons able to fire the 1x1 "barrel" pieces eventually, which I discovered by accident and it totally ruled

way better than the crappy stud shooters of today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Bricklink says they were introduced in 2014.