Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I'm curious though since I got that email. Anyone with an ear to the ground about all this, has anyone else heard about this happening or how wide-spread it is with folks getting two Spess Mehreen figures?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Tracula posted:

I'm curious though since I got that email. Anyone with an ear to the ground about all this, has anyone else heard about this happening or how wide-spread it is with folks getting two Spess Mehreen figures?

I know probably 4 or 5 other people who got 2 shipped, every one of them got the email.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I wouldn't, mostly because gently caress corporations

You think Disney bought that other figure?

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

argument for why there *should* be female chaos marines

I'm definitely planning on making some female Chaos marines when I get the new Fabius

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Return it dude, they’ll otherwise have to cancel someone else’s purchase and refund them.

Be good to each other.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Don’t be a dick, return it.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

the arch labelled "arch" is so loving funny to me

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Yeast posted:

Return it dude, they’ll otherwise have to cancel someone else’s purchase and refund them.

Be good to each other.

I mean or they could just, you know, make more?

It's a limited run but it's a limited run by design. It's not like "oh this is limited edition because only 12 of these emeralds exist in the world" or "it's a limited run because all the designs for this toy were lost in a fire". It's a limited run because they said "OK, we reckon we can sell 6,000 of these no problem but it's not a toy people will buy year in year out so let's make them once and if successful we can always make another run in a different colour or something".

I still remember buying the "new" space hulk and being told by GW staff they are never making space hulk again so if I wanted to buy it to make sure I got it then. I think it's been released twice more since.

That all being said in the UK it is apparently against the law to keep goods sent by mistake, which was news to me, and they could take you to court over it in theory. So I guess I would send it back. Not because I'm worried about the company though.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Kitchner posted:

I mean or they could just, you know, make more?

It's a limited run but it's a limited run by design. It's not like "oh this is limited edition because only 12 of these emeralds exist in the world" or "it's a limited run because all the designs for this toy were lost in a fire". It's a limited run because they said "OK, we reckon we can sell 6,000 of these no problem but it's not a toy people will buy year in year out so let's make them once and if successful we can always make another run in a different colour or something".

I still remember buying the "new" space hulk and being told by GW staff they are never making space hulk again so if I wanted to buy it to make sure I got it then. I think it's been released twice more since.

That all being said in the UK it is apparently against the law to keep goods sent by mistake, which was news to me, and they could take you to court over it in theory. So I guess I would send it back. Not because I'm worried about the company though.

There are certain minimum runs they'd need to do and it takes time. Sure, a second run might not take quite as long as the first, but why should someone who bought theirs already need to wait even longer because you feel entitled to a second one shipped to you by accident that you didn't even pay for?

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Booley posted:

There are certain minimum runs they'd need to do and it takes time. Sure, a second run might not take quite as long as the first, but why should someone who bought theirs already need to wait even longer because you feel entitled to a second one shipped to you by accident that you didn't even pay for?

Alternatively: Why should someone have to wait longer because the company sent it out by accident and lost it in the post? The company hosed up and 100% regardless of the law there will be people who don't return the toy or it gets lost in the post. What are they going to say to people then? "Sorry, it's a limited run,, and we lost 100 in the post so sorry customers 5,900-6,000"? No, of course not.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Kitchner posted:

Alternatively: Why should someone have to wait longer because the company sent it out by accident and lost it in the post? The company hosed up and 100% regardless of the law there will be people who don't return the toy or it gets lost in the post. What are they going to say to people then? "Sorry, it's a limited run,, and we lost 100 in the post so sorry customers 5,900-6,000"? No, of course not.

You do understand that there is no possible way for them to produce things instantly, right? Especially since the actual manufacturing is done by a third party?

Mouse Business
Jun 12, 2019
Cut it in half and let each party keep half.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dan Didio posted:

You think Disney bought that other figure?

Oh i'm sorry I didn't realize that GW was still be run out of a van by a couple friends

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Please don't be a thief.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Oh i'm sorry I didn't realize that GW was still be run out of a van by a couple friends

You're not screwing over GW in this situation, you're only screwing over the guy who paid for the other one, genius.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Even if a guy actually is waiting on the other limited edition one are you going to be happy having taken this one in a few months? Like is the price of a loving toy worth this kind of examination? Just return the poo poo you didn't order.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lol at getting 6000 ordered and getting 6000 made. Even if you just deal with lost mail why the gently caress wouldn’t you order 6600 to cover loses and have some around to buffer poo poo like this. It’s plastic not precious metals. Yeah sure return it whatever but if I was the customer who didn’t get one for 3 times as long as it should have taken I’m not gonna be mad at some rando it’s the company’s fault.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

LingcodKilla posted:

Lol at getting 6000 ordered and getting 6000 made. Even if you just deal with lost mail why the gently caress wouldn’t you order 6600 to cover loses and have some around to buffer poo poo like this. It’s plastic not precious metals. Yeah sure return it whatever but if I was the customer who didn’t get one for 3 times as long as it should have taken I’m not gonna be mad at some rando it’s the company’s fault.

I'd tell the other customer to come and take it out of your hide!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Holy gently caress those things are selling for $200 on Ebay.

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!
In hindsight, playing a race of super skeleton robots 20 years ago was way more progressive than I thought, get flayed flesh havers

ThoraxTheImpaler
Aug 13, 2014

CONDESCENDING
ASSHOLE
Once again this thread coming out with some nuclear hot takes, in this case "a company made a simple mistake so gently caress everybody involved other than me."

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

ThoraxTheImpaler posted:

Once again this thread coming out with some nuclear hot takes, in this case "a company made a simple mistake so gently caress everybody involved other than me."

The simple fix would have been to order more kits than they needed to cover their own gently caress ups instead of relying on customers to do it. It’s literally nickels to them. It’s only valuable because they ordered such a silly amount. poo poo company does poor planning News at 11.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Games workshop customer service has been good to me in the past, and if I was in that situation I'd want to return the favor.

There isn't a bigger moral argument here.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

LingcodKilla posted:

poo poo company does poor planning News at 11.

This makes the part where you gently caress over someone else for no reason besides personal greed much better, keep pushing that.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

hooman posted:

Games workshop customer service has been good to me in the past, and if I was in that situation I'd want to return the favor.

There isn't a bigger moral argument here.

Never said it was but let’s be honest shitbags gonna shitbag. The company, the corporation, should never rely on one customer to fix its own gently caress up. As a paying customer promised one thing it shouldn’t be up to chance if I get a promised object. Especially if it’s some limited run plastic bauble.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

Never said it was but let’s be honest shitbags gonna shitbag. The company, the corporation, should never rely on one customer to fix its own gently caress up. As a paying customer promised one thing it shouldn’t be up to chance if I get a promised object. Especially if it’s some limited run plastic bauble.

Typically they don't have a worldwide pandemic in the middle of fulfillment for stuff. I can imagine that that fucks some things up.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

LingcodKilla posted:

Mistakes happen, people are human, companies are run by humans.

Should they try not make mistakes? Probably.

Should they try ask people to use human decency in helping right a mistake? Yeah they can.

I could describe the many different ways your reasoning is flawed but why point out what's obvious to everyone.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Booley posted:

Typically they don't have a worldwide pandemic in the middle of fulfillment for stuff. I can imagine that that fucks some things up.

I’d imagine shipping it back is gonna have the same issues. Then shipping it forward again.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

LingcodKilla posted:

I’d imagine shipping it back is gonna have the same issues. Then shipping it forward again.

Unless they're shipping it back overseas (they aren't) then no, it isn't.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Setting aside the moral aspects, it surprises me that they weren't smart enough to offer some kind of incentive to get the extras back. Something as simple as "Hey, we hosed up. If you send the extra one back, we'll give you $50 in webstore credit." would seem to be much more likely to succeed than the "Send it back now! Now, now, now!" approach they seem to be taking.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
In case everyone forgot (and apparently they did), the big action figure dude was being fulfilled by Bandai not by GW.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I painted up some crons in preperation for the new releases since of course I will get another xenos army.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

This conversation is bizarre to me as an american. If it was in the US I would say keep it and don't lose a wink of sleep over it. An individual should not be inconvenienced by the screw up of a large company. And if you are going to make an artificially scarce product, you have to plan on a few of them having problems like this, mail mix-ups aren't some new phenomenon.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Strobe posted:

In case everyone forgot (and apparently they did), the big action figure dude was being fulfilled by Bandai not by GW.

Was it? The email asking for it back was from GW actually and it shipped from GW as well according to label on the box.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

jng2058 posted:

Setting aside the moral aspects, it surprises me that they weren't smart enough to offer some kind of incentive to get the extras back. Something as simple as "Hey, we hosed up. If you send the extra one back, we'll give you $50 in webstore credit." would seem to be much more likely to succeed than the "Send it back now! Now, now, now!" approach they seem to be taking.

This struck me as well. I get why they wrote the email the way they did, trying to be cutsey, but it felt really bizarre they just came hat in hand asking for it back with no real incentive or threats either.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Tracula posted:

This struck me as well. I get why they wrote the email the way they did, trying to be cutsey, but it felt really bizarre they just came hat in hand asking for it back with no real incentive or threats either.

They're a British company. I expect that they're in the mindset of you being legally obliged to do so in the UK. Also, it's the moral thing to do.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/07/sunday-preview-zoats-and-spiders/

So next week we'll get another online preview. But unlike before we know what's going to be about : the new boxed set.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Are the psychic awakening books half lore and half game like the gathering storm books?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

bagrada posted:

Are the psychic awakening books half lore and half game like the gathering storm books all the 8th edition books have been?

FTFY, and yes, yes they are.