Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Duccy posted:

Am I missing something? Im at 155 hours played and Im still stuck with a bunch of what feels like basic bitch furniture and DiYs. I look online and see people with crazy setups that Im just dying to get. Should I post my FC and someone show me the ropes? My only collection that Im happy with is is just a bunch of cute wardrobe clothes that I switch out on a daily basis. And I feel really stupid that I just discovered Nooks Cranny sells wallpaper and flooring :(

Don't worry, people with insane island setups have almost all time traveled extensively for all that. That's fine and all, but I much prefer playing real time and taking things slow and watching my island develop slowly over time so I don't burn out on the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
I know that developments such as bridges and ramps contribute to island rating, but does that contribution scale with the type of bridge or ramp? E.g. will I get a greater rating contribution from a more expensive bridge than a cheaper one?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

magimix posted:

I know that developments such as bridges and ramps contribute to island rating, but does that contribution scale with the type of bridge or ramp? E.g. will I get a greater rating contribution from a more expensive bridge than a cheaper one?

Nope. All they care about is having bridges and ramps period.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Araxxor posted:

Nope. All they care about is having bridges and ramps period.

Awesome, nice to hear the choices can be purely aesthetic! I'm trying to develop in a way that sees a relatively 'wild' hinterland in the northern portion of my island, and the wood bridges and basic ramps are a better fit there.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Don't worry, people with insane island setups have almost all time traveled extensively for all that. That's fine and all, but I much prefer playing real time and taking things slow and watching my island develop slowly over time so I don't burn out on the game.

I don't know if this necessarily the case - at least not anymore. The game's been out for 2+ months now and the only things people don't really have are seasonal items. Outside of that, moving stuff (buildings, houses) only takes a day and some bells which are exploited out the rear end through the stalk market.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
Opening up Manzanita!

I’ve got Turnips for 90 bells. Daisy is up by my house. You can climb up, or just jump over the holes to use the stairs. Feel free to make multiple trips.

I’ve also got Portia—east of residential services, just across the bridge with all the white flowers—crafting an Ironwood low table.

As always, if you’re feeling generous, I’ve got a river island with a hybrid flower garden that could use some water. Cans provided on the two stalls.

I’ll be mostly afk.

Dodo:C9M66

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.
This week better be good for my island’s stalk exchange.

This is the last few weeks:
Decreasing
Fluctuating
Fluctuating
Fluctuating
Fluctuating
Fluctuating
Decreasing

I don’t even need the Bells anymore but it’s the principle of these Nook clowns trying to burn me every week and making me travel all over the world to get rich.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Opening my gate with a bit of an ulterior motive. I have the Elaborate Kimono Stand, Hawk version in nooks but no bells, if anyone wants it all I ask is let me catalog it before you leave, if anyone has other versions, especially the Crane I can catalog I’d love to. The shop is north of the town hall. In the middle of figuring where to put stuff right now. Kid cat is making bamboo drums.
Dodo code: closed.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 7, 2020

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Does fish bait attract sharks?

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

jivjov posted:

Does fish bait attract sharks?

It does, yes.

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!

Anime_Otaku posted:

Opening my gate with a bit of an ulterior motive. I have the Elaborate Kimono Stand, Hawk version in nooks but no bells, if anyone wants it all I ask is let me catalog it before you leave, if anyone has other versions, especially the Crane I can catalog I’d love to. The shop is north of the town hall. In the middle of figuring where to put stuff right now. Kid cat is making bamboo drums.
Dodo code: 0vh09

I gotchoo, fam, be over in a sec.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Soysaucebeast posted:

It does, yes.

Yeah, immediately after I posted one showed up. Still no luck with a saw shark though

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
8WW28 for turnips at 91. Gonna be open for a couple of hours probably.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I changed my furniture around a lot this week, but I didn't get a letter at all from the HHA with my evaluation. The same thing happened to Poque last week where I got an evaluation but he didn't. :confused:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

OK good things! Today I hit day 7 of the Wedding poo poo and finally Reese is asking me for different themes, AND I got 15 Heart Crystals from her!

Bad thing:

Two of the wedding pieces are DIY (fence and wand) and now I'm annoyed all over again that they're all not DIYs. This event would be SO much better and less stressful if ALL the pieces were craftable! :argh:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
For anyone who plans to craft the wand: don't forget to buy yourself a wedding flower stand from Cyrus as well; you need that for crafting.

I'm just glad the wedding fence uses normal materials.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

How much of a flex would it be to have Flick make a model of a fly?

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Finally got the wedding arch and now my island entrance is really coming together.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Anime_Otaku posted:

Dodo code: 0vh09

I don’t have the crane one but I have a flower one and a wisteria one!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

MokBa posted:

Finally got the wedding arch and now my island entrance is really coming together.

Are those just big star crystals placed there, or are there craftable lamps or something?

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Captain Hygiene posted:

Are those just big star crystals placed there, or are there craftable lamps or something?

Those are nova lights; they’re a Celeste recipe. Want some?

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Waffle! posted:

How much of a flex would it be to have Flick make a model of a fly?

Not as much as to have him make a model of a flea

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Any of you who aren't time traveling unlock bedhead yet? I logged out of my account on the 24th, so I'm on day 14. It's annoying that there isn't a lot of concrete information about how long this takes, just guides telling you to skip a month into the future

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that the icon for my main character will change, since I am playing a bit on my other character. But it might not work that way, any tips?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Hey all. Does anyone have Rose Seeds on sale on their island? I want to start a Blue Rose growing project. I haven't seen them in my store all week. Is it bad RNG or am I out of luck?

If I'm parsing the wiki correctly:

My native flower are windflowers and its sister flower are tulips. Last month I was getting roses on rotation. So far all week I've only seen lilies on rotation. Roses should be in season so they should come around again eventually right? Windflowers and tulipes will never leave my store because they're my native/sister pairing?

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Xtanstic posted:

Hey all. Does anyone have Rose Seeds on sale on their island? I want to start a Blue Rose growing project. I haven't seen them in my store all week. Is it bad RNG or am I out of luck?

My native flower are windflowers and its sister flower are tulips. Last month I was getting roses on rotation. So far all week I've only seen lilies on rotation. Roses should be in season so they should come around again eventually right? Windflowers and tulipes will never leave my store because they're my native/sister pairing?

You are correct that windflowers and tulips will never leave, only the 3rd will change. In my experience it rotated once a week, on Monday.

Lief will have flowers that aren’t in season whenever he shows up.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
The firefly statue Flick makes isn't a lamp. I don't even know if I want to play anymore.

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

Xtanstic posted:

My native is roses. I can open up in a bit.

E: JVCNY

Anyone is welcome to stop by. I've got extra DIY cards on the beach to the left of the airport.

unmeidestiny fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 7, 2020

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

unmeidestiny posted:

E:

Anyone is welcome to stop by. I've got extra DIY cards on the beach to the left of the airport.

Hopping on in a few minutes. Much appreciated!

E: got em thanks again

runchild posted:

In my experience it rotated once a week, on Monday.

Ahhh that explains it

Xtanstic fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 7, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

E-flat posted:

Those are nova lights; they’re a Celeste recipe. Want some?

Thanks, I'll just keep an eye out for now though, I won't be on regularly for a bit.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

unmeidestiny posted:

E: JVCNY

left the cash i had on me and some bait by your bench!

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

It’s time for hunt the new villager! I got 50 tickets to burn through and a pocket full of dreams!

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
Good luck!

Who are you wanting?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Fiorina is open for a bit. Info on the other thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566&pagenumber=6#post505504743

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Come visit scenic Carcosa! Able's has worn-out jeans, office lady uniforms, gladiator sandals for your Dad-socks, and sticky rice for your face. Nook's has a phonograph, tool cart, and a judge's bell which is neat. The free pile is overloaded again with fossils, DIYs, furniture, and clothes for villagers you don't like so much. Please take! I left a water pail next to my rarest flowers as well.

Gitchoo sum!

CW1TP

e: thanks for visiting!

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 7, 2020

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Boonoo posted:

Good luck!

Who are you wanting?

Any of the popular ones like Raymond and Ankha just to say I could, of course. Or Tiffany, cause that hooker bunny is so amazing.

Bears, Gorillas, and Pandas need not apply.

Or if those fail, a replacement for Smug Tex cause I did love him and his funny.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Opened Caraway up for shopping! Check out Nooks and Ables! Nooks has a Zen Cushion, a Cat Tower and a TV, along with unlimited incense sticks and knife blocks. Ables has a Tuna sushi roll costume alongside Tropical Muumuus, Animal striped tees, Patchwork skirts, Viking helmets, Funny Glasses, Wide-brim Straw hats and more. Sherb might also be working on a Windflower Fan DIY

Dodo code: 5YK4X

EDIT: Due to plane crash, re-issued Dodo code

Zuzie fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 7, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Chicken Doodle posted:

Or if those fail, a replacement for Smug Tex cause I did love him and his funny.

Somehow I keep reading this as Smug TRex and now I'm back to wanting dino villagers :(

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Somehow I keep reading this as Smug TRex and now I'm back to wanting dino villagers :(

If you want to be pedantic, then we already have quite a few dinosaur villagers.

night slime
May 14, 2014

LifeLynx posted:

The firefly statue Flick makes isn't a lamp. I don't even know if I want to play anymore.

I have a bunch set up in my house like lamps (turn the lights off)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

night slime posted:

I have a bunch set up in my house like lamps (turn the lights off)

Wait really? Game redeemed!