Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I found this very insightful, please YOU go back to posting cool poo poo I'll never be able to afford

Yeah, put up or shut up richer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
Here are some other recent purchases of mine.

Fred Perry Reissues polo shirt in black and champagne

Carhartt WIP pint glass

Carhartt WIP pizza plate

Patagonia Baggies Lights shorts in Thistle Green

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Okay. Boring stuff. Safety and paint.

Bape Culture has a new favorite as of 19:33 on Jun 6, 2020

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I bought shorts on the cheap and hope they fit cause the first world problem of exchanging them would be a pain

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Not to be too critical, but FYI in the US and also Canada I think (dunno where you are) this makes you look like a dipshit proud boy. YMMV in some other place.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
To be even more specific it's when you tuck a polo shirt into your khakis you clearly announce how much of a douchebag you are. Put on your white New Balance sneakers & you might as well burn a cross on the lawn.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fire Safety Doug posted:

I’m not a native English speaker so I can’t quite tell how severe this burn is – nifty’s just a word I picked up somewhere. But I stand by my take.

nifty is a totally normal word

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Android Apocalypse posted:

To be even more specific it's when you tuck a polo shirt into your khakis you clearly announce how much of a douchebag you are. Put on your white New Balance sneakers & you might as well burn a cross on the lawn.

It’s such a coincidence because I’m in Maryland for work and I keep seeing exactly this, down to the shoes and I’m just wondering when the hell that became a fashion thing.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Republican dad chic

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Aramek posted:

I purchased several bottles of wine for $2.49 a piece at Aldi.
How does it compare to Trader Joe’s?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Josh Lyman posted:

How does it compare to Trader Joe’s?

Never been to a TJ's we didn't have any back home. Now that I'm in Chicagoland, I do have them! But not within 23 miles. :(

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

For whatever reason I can’t quote RR’s post but I’m in the UK, I thought the PB uniform was the black & yellow one, and in any case I’ve been wearing Fred Perry since time immemorial and won’t let those asshats take over what’s been a classic choice of punks and non-racist skins for decades. But noted, I won’t wear it to the US.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I bought shorts on the cheap and hope they fit cause the first world problem of exchanging them would be a pain

I scrolled past this and it looked like you bought double-decker shorts.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Bought an Ohio Stoneware water seal fermentation crock to make delicious pickled stuff:

Also bought a bunch of Cypress Mulch to redo the flower beds and a Root Slayer shovel for ripping stubborn plants out:

Hands down the best shovel I’ve ever owned, didn’t hardly bend while prying out honeysuckle tree roots, much easier than the pickaxe

Also bought an adapter kit to convert a spare 55 gallon blue hdpe drum into a rain barrel collector:

And a soil light/ph/moisture sensor as well as a compost thermometer. Gonna take gardening up a notch this year :homebrew:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's the coolest loving shovel I've ever seen. And I've seen well over five shovels in my life.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Fire Safety Doug posted:

For whatever reason I can’t quote RR’s post but I’m in the UK, I thought the PB uniform was the black & yellow one, and in any case I’ve been wearing Fred Perry since time immemorial and won’t let those asshats take over what’s been a classic choice of punks and non-racist skins for decades. But noted, I won’t wear it to the US.

Cool cool, yeah I know they usually do yellow, but it was close enough on quick glance. And I was slightly concerned we may have been harboring assholes here, good to know you're not. And agree it's kinda poo poo that they appropriated it here.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

Cool cool, yeah I know they usually do yellow, but it was close enough on quick glance. And I was slightly concerned we may have been harboring assholes here, good to know you're not. And agree it's kinda poo poo that they appropriated it here.

Is the brand specifically bad, or you just don't like polos?

Because polos are nice and comfy and look and feel nicer than a tshirt.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Aramek posted:

Proud Boys (idiotic subset of Nazis) exclusively wear Fred Perry brand polo shirts (ideally in basically that precise color combo - black with gold trim/embroidery, but with a brighter yellow color rather than the "champagne" that the dude bought) while scurrying around doing Nazi poo poo.

I'm relieved that you're not a PB, purchaser of said shirt.

Teketeketeketeke has a new favorite as of 23:54 on Jun 6, 2020

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
We're living in the lovely timeline where alt-right assholes co-opt fashion we like. Fred Perry polos, Hawaiian shirts... We'll see what they steal from normal dorks next.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Carhartt WIP pint glass

Carhartt WIP pizza plate

Patagonia Baggies Lights shorts in Thistle Green

:thunk:
You opinion on boys that may or may not be proud? :thunk:

Oh wait everyone beat me to the joke! gently caress! >:^(

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

Ugh, loving alt-right dipshits ruin everything.

I mean, FP polos have been a skinhead staple for a long time, but if you know anything about that subculture you'll know that it's not inherently racist – early skins loved Jamaican music, for one thing. I wouldn't wear the black & yellow specifically because of the Proud Boys connotation but I hadn't realized they'd tainted the whole design (in the US at least).

Anyway: gently caress Nazis, gently caress the alt-right, gently caress the Proud Boys. Thanks.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Aramek posted:

How in god’s name is a polo more comfortable than a v neck.

I’ll wait while you park your dad’s boat.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I bought a copy of a game I already own because I didn't think to check and see what games I got when I bought my Xbox. Now I'm just hoping Walmart cancels the order so I don't have to go to the store.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

:stare: what the gently caress

Carbocation
Sep 2, 2006

H110Hawk posted:

:stare: what the gently caress

Freaked me out, too. I think it's a plastic baby hand.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Flywheel personally inspected by the president.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Proud Boys (idiotic subset of Nazis) exclusively wear Fred Perry brand polo shirts

I was familiar with them other than this exact brand and color combination because what the Christ, hahahaha.

Rolo posted:

I’ll wait while you park your dad’s boat.

We were poor farmers so we had a pontoon and man I miss that thing.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Anyways, does anyone know why guys in the UK always button that top collared shirt button though the rest of the world does not?

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

colas posted:

Anyways, does anyone know why guys in the UK always button that top collared shirt button though the rest of the world does not?

Repression.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's the coolest loving shovel I've ever seen. And I've seen well over five shovels in my life.

Hey, we got a shovel expert over here!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Could a moderator please tell these rude boys that my hands are normal sized :(

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Bape Culture has extremely normal sized hands please stop drawing attention to his perfectly normal sized hands and how normal they are.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Carbocation posted:

Freaked me out, too. I think it's a plastic baby hand.

That was my guess as well but felt compelled to notice the joke/that Bape had taken up train racing.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

H110Hawk posted:

That was my guess as well but felt compelled to notice the joke/that Bape had taken up train racing.

https://i.imgur.com/jeoXzJc.gifv

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Could a moderator please tell these rude boys that my hands are normal sized :(

Incredibly soft, feminine, normal sized hands.

I bought things.

A lightweight jacket

A t-shirt

Adidas ZX 2K Boost

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shrapnig posted:

Adidas ZX 2K Boost

very nice

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

Shrapnig posted:

A lightweight jacket

I take it you are a football hooligan.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Bape Culture posted:

Okay. Boring stuff. Safety and paint.

What was that before you stripped it down, and what are you setting it up for?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

OniPanda posted:

What was that before you stripped it down, and what are you setting it up for?

M3. It’s my track car so just building it to go very quickly at the Nurburgring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Welp mini hands, you got me. I totally thought you bought rotors for a giant robot.