Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I unlocked the archwing!

:iia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

And Tyler Too! posted:

For Maimquinox build for as much range as you can without compromising strength

You can compromise strength as much as you like, as it only affects the initial bleed effect, which at higher levels is generally going to be insignificant no matter how much strength you cram in there.

A Maim build will often be able to pull double duty as a sleep build with a mod or two swapped out.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Only point to maxing strength on a maim equionox is either for low level murder since the slash procs do kill at low levels or use it as a hyprid strength booster build. The main issue is mainly you need a bit more effort to maintain your energy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
equinox is a perfectly good warcrimeframe. it's fallen off in popularity since eos is the affinity grinding spot and the rules of eos specifically penalize equinox far more than any other frame.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I'm sorry, I can't hear Equinox's sobbing over Ember's.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
ember is fine and in a better position than equinox.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

SIGSEGV posted:

I'm sorry, I can't hear Equinox's sobbing over Ember's.

Are you sure that's not insane cackling? Because Ember is a goddamn beast these days, although with all the forma I've shoved into mine she drat well better be. Sure, Saryn can erase enemies from existence and Mesa just deletes things, but Ember's got all that and incredible durability as long as you manage her energy wisely. I recently maxed out Arcane Energize and most of the time I have more energy than I know what to do with.

And her Graxx skin is really, really good and has become her default in my mind.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i didn't much care for the new ember until i maxed energize during spear. she's such a ridiculous energy hog, and you can't use pizzas in eos.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Ember's awesome right now but limited in EOS because of the hard limiter on 4 recasting

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

DoombatINC posted:

Ember's awesome right now but limited in EOS because of the hard limiter on 4 recasting

Yeah, that, can't spam her 4 while laughing maniacally in ESO, the rest of the time she's a perfectly handy murderframe.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
What's your ember build? Mine has energy issues.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Do you have Exothermic?

That augment and energize keeps Ember running most of the time in my experience.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
There are actually 2 Equinox maim frames that I use.

The first is max range, minimum strength, max efficiency, neutral duration, natural talent. Strength is unnecessary because it has no effect on the damage output when you release her 4. Natural talent is so that casting her 4 doesn't take a forever. Efficiency/duration is so that you have almost permanent uptime on it.

The other is something like this: high range, positive strength, some efficiency, slightly negative duration. This second maim build is useful for dealing with low level missions, as the slash damage ticks that are initially applied by maim is scaled by strength. Natural talent isn't necessary because you don't toggle her 4 on and off.

Something like this,

or this:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Equinox's killing ability has changed drastically since armor/shield changes. Equinox is now much better against Grineer than Corpus. Grineer are squishier, for a start. And with the new Corpus shield gating, enemies effectively have 95% damage reduction after you break through their initial layer of shields, meaning it's very difficult to build up enough maim stacks to punch straight through their entire health pools.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ah, i hadn't thought about that. corpus are pretty much immune to single big hits now, and that's all maim equi does.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

Equinox's killing ability has changed drastically since armor/shield changes. Equinox is now much better against Grineer than Corpus. Grineer are squishier, for a start. And with the new Corpus shield gating, enemies effectively have 95% damage reduction after you break through their initial layer of shields, meaning it's very difficult to build up enough maim stacks to punch straight through their entire health pools.

Maybe it's just confirmation bias but I haven't noticed any shield gating among the corpus. I've been mowing them down as effortlessly as I've always been.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

And Tyler Too! posted:

Maybe it's just confirmation bias but I haven't noticed any shield gating among the corpus. I've been mowing them down as effortlessly as I've always been.

It's bypassed entirely on headshots, and 5% still bleeds through on shots that breaks the shield otherwise, so enough overkill will still drop them.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
If you're using something like ignis wraith that puts out a stream of damage, then you're not going to be affected by shield gating. I only run into this issue if I try to use power single shot weapons like bows or prisma grinlok. Then you should actually aim for their weakpoints.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

never

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
oh god, the plat poor summer FTP pubbies aren't even buying lich ephemeras. I'm just trying to upgrade my ogris and kohm!

Psion posted:

Do you have Exothermic?

That augment and energize keeps Ember running most of the time in my experience.

I do but with a tanked duration build I'm not sure if they're immolated long enough to die and lvl 60+ ones are only sometimes getting 1 shot by her 4.

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jun 7, 2020

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
you'll notice it really well in Arbis, when you HAVE to 2 shot the arbi drones.

Edit: just did a support invasion exterminate where my original goal was to kill 124 enemies, and then it SPIKED up to 168 enemies, I finally finished by killing 182 enemies. This was solo, so I had to backtrack and kill little rollers in corners. How loving fun

Guilty fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jun 7, 2020

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Raptor1033 posted:

buying lich ephemeras.

Oh I had forgotten how badly I wanted some lich ephemeras until you mentioned them. I grinded so much for the elec one and never got it, they upped the chances awhile back, but I was so tired of lich grinding I never came back to it. I'm going to have to get back to it...

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
the lich ones are really the best now. Electricity, radiation, fire, impact are all rad as gently caress! Magnetic is :psyduck:

Electricity is anime as gently caress and I'm totally ok with it

Oct 28, 2003

The little fluttering bats ephemera and the lotus one are my favorites.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Guilty posted:

you'll notice it really well in Arbis, when you HAVE to 2 shot the arbi drones.

Edit: just did a support invasion exterminate where my original goal was to kill 124 enemies, and then it SPIKED up to 168 enemies, I finally finished by killing 182 enemies. This was solo, so I had to backtrack and kill little rollers in corners. How loving fun

Exterms have been broken like this for years, they'll never fix it because gently caress fixing anything, add more new broken poo poo.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Raptor1033 posted:

the lich ones are really the best now. Electricity, radiation, fire, impact are all rad as gently caress! Magnetic is :psyduck:

Electricity is anime as gently caress and I'm totally ok with it

I got the electric ephemera, and it makes things hard to see, especially if I put it on my archwing.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Nalesh posted:

Exterms have been broken like this for years, they'll never fix it because gently caress fixing anything, add more new broken poo poo.

This happens because when an enemy spawns enemies, that enemy count is added to the total to kill. So like when the Drahk masters summon two dogs, the total count goes up by two.

There's just more things that spawn enemies than before. It used to be that there was only the one moa type that if damaged enough, would spawn an osprey. Now there's like a dozen or so?

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

I got the electric ephemera, and it makes things hard to see, especially if I put it on my archwing.

The ice one makes it look like your pet has fleas.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

DelphiAegis posted:

This happens because when an enemy spawns enemies, that enemy count is added to the total to kill. So like when the Drahk masters summon two dogs, the total count goes up by two.

There's just more things that spawn enemies than before. It used to be that there was only the one moa type that if damaged enough, would spawn an osprey. Now there's like a dozen or so?
Ahh, this was like a support exterminate, so probably the grineer and corpus were spawning poo poo and it was getting added to my enemy counter, even though technically the grineer was on my side. How annoying.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Baruuk is now my best boy. I'll take him into Arbies even when he isn't being arby-boosted and I'll STILL come out with most damage dealt. Baruuk best ruuk.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

McKilligan posted:

Baruuk is now my best boy. I'll take him into Arbies even when he isn't being arby-boosted and I'll STILL come out with most damage dealt. Baruuk best ruuk.

It's such a minor pair of changes, but letting him toss out daggers to basically anything on your team without cutting into your own dagger supply has turned him into a defensive support frame who is extremely hard to kill and who can murder super fast.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Would you want to post your build for that? I have two newbies starting the game right now and running besides them with something like that sounds perfect and fun.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

This is MURDERUUK

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I like having a bit more range on him. It's easier to dump restraint if you can affect more enemies with his 2.

If anything survives more than two hits with desert wind he also benefits from the fact that status >100% now does something instead of being wasted. That reactive storm augment gives a cool 250% status chance bonus…

Now the only thing that's missing is the ability to build combo with desert wind's ranged hits.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"
They should make an alternate stance mod for the Exalted Blade that makes it behave like a melee weapon rather than a gun imo

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
A bunch of questions and remarks after about 3 weeks playing.
First off, many thanks to a whole bunch of you. The clan is incredibly patient and friendly and always full of advice. The random gifts I got are absolutely amazing, ranging from Forma, to slots to skins and I can really see how much of a QoL some of those brought me.

Warframes
I am currently playing 3 frames regularly.
Rhino
My normal go-to frame. Just having the 2 makes me survive things. The 3 makes me feel not completely useless in clan parties as at least I buff and I am using the 4 a lot more with duration. Damage output absolutely stinks.
Wukong Prime
Zoom around with 2 is fantastic. The clone is great as most of my weapons are either melee or primary for now. 3 and 4 both have their uses; 3 starts to shine in harder content and 4 is pretty drat strong and seems to beat my Broken War. I can see this fall off in favour of end-game weapons. Mostly my frame for spy missions.
Ember Prime
Didn't play her at first (twitch prime free), but she's amazing. I think I got some of the energy/heat management down, but I am still very much limited by it. I do use the augment, which is helpful. My issue on harder content is just dying because I run out of energy. This is easily solved when my actual weapons catch up (more later).

Aside those, I have a few others and one in particular I wanted to mention; Mesa Prime. Female Space Cowboy sounds super cool and it's apparantly S-tier. I just don't understand it. Say I play a solo defense mission; how would I play Mesa Prime?

Weapons
My most developed weapons are:
Broken War
Once I got it, it was far and away better than anything I had. It still is. I am not sure what melee weapon to transition to (MR8, nearing MR10 if I ever finish the stealth challenge - I am making Banshee).
Hek
Modded pretty drat fully. Sheetdamage is 13.5k which is far above anything else I have. The downsides are both ammo and magazine capacity. I sometimes run out of ammo in missions. While fine on the star map, the damage is non-existent when I join clan parties, but this seems logical.
Dread
Bows are awesome in this game. I put a lot of effort in my Dread, adding polarities. Likely a waste, but it has helped me quite a bit. More of a flavour project for me; I enjoy taking my Wukong Prime out with it.

Today I will finish Fulmin. Apparantly, this should be my ticket upwards from Hek. I hope so, because I am on my first Lich and it's difficult.
My Lich will reward me Kuva Twin Stubbas with 50% Impact I believe; high hopes that this will be my first good secondary that can help me progress.

On weapons, I run into issues. I am M8 so what I have access to is limited. Most weapons I get recommended I cannot get yet, or I am unable to do the level of content required. I try and balance around my frames a bit, but I'm still mostly in a circle of not killing fast enough, energy dropping to zero, dying and running out of ammo. They all work together and I haven't found a right balance yet. Rhino and Wukong Prime frame so far has been my best bet. I hope better weapons will give me some more playing room.

Content
What I mostly do;
Finish the planets. I unlocked all, just want to finish all missions. I'm closing in, but I am taking it slow. Some missions annoy me, so i tend to give up quickly.
Run Fissures; defense, mobile defense, excavation etc. I really enjoy these.
Kuva missions; to get Requiem Relics to farm words.
Sortie in goon parties; just a big boost really, although I only ever get a statue.
Missions for Steel Meridian and easy challenges for NW. Fun.
Quests; just a random assortment of quests. They are fun, but seem a bit unrewarding?
Lich; as mentioned, got my first one and I think I know what to do. I just need to improve to actually get there.

For content, is there anything I am working towards? Endgame? Group acitivities, stuff I haven't seen or done yet?

Regardless, fun game!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
most of the quests unlock new frames. some of the earlier quests even give you the complete frame. one thing to do if you are struggling against mr limitations is to buy, master and then dump all of the mk-1 weapons. they are trash, but there are a bunch of them and they can be bought with credits. the sentinels whose bp's you buy from the market are also a lot of easy mastery.

as for mesa, her main use is to poo poo out damage at everything you point the camera at. toggle on her 4, hold down fire and she'll automatically target and destroy everything in range. there's a sort of aiming window that shrinks the longer you shoot, but it resets to full size if you toggle peacemakers back off and on. another option if you want to streamline defense and excavation missions is frost. frost is not terribly flashy, but he has many different viable builds because snow globe just plain works no matter how you mod him.

one thing you may not realize is that completing every mission on the star chart unlocks arbitrations. those are high level missions with some unique restrictions as well as bonuses to random weapons and frames. there are some unique mods and such you can only get there, but the main purpose of arby's is that it rewards a ridiculous amount of endo. this is more of a long term goal though, since clearing all those normal missions is indeed quite tedious.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

It's Lua challenge week this Nightwave, if you are new to this concept, and have no idea what to do. Ask in the discord or in clan/alliance chat for a Sherpa.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
Thanks both.
The info about those Arbitrations is very helpful. Now I know what those Arbies are I guess. I presume I need everything done on the map to participate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Arbies unlock when you do all nodes, yes.

Acht posted:

Aside those, I have a few others and one in particular I wanted to mention; Mesa Prime. Female Space Cowboy sounds super cool and it's apparantly S-tier. I just don't understand it. Say I play a solo defense mission; how would I play Mesa Prime?

Mod her guns for damage and speed, mod her for max Efficiency, good Duration and Power. Forget about your 1 and 2. Keep your 3 up. Stand on top of the defense pod. Press 4, hold down mouse1, and pan the camera around to delete the entire map. Everything she points at dies and her 3 makes her extremely tanky. She doesn't have wacky ESO antics like Saryn or Volt and doesn't break parts of the game like Wukong or Titania. She's just straight damage and using her for the duration of your time doing bounties and misc frame farming will make it a lot more enjoyable.

quote:

Broken War
Once I got it, it was far and away better than anything I had. It still is. I am not sure what melee weapon to transition to (MR8, nearing MR10 if I ever finish the stealth challenge - I am making Banshee).

It comes with a free tater and you can get it at MR5. This makes it better than anything you have. It remains decent, though there are plenty of things that outshine it later.

Fulmin is a good gun. Go grab an Acceltra (and a Carrier sentinel) asap as well.

Sidearms and Melee both have very good crafted solutions from Cetus/Fortuna rep. The MR8 Akarius (which you'll probably get while farming for Acceltra) is also good.

quote:

For content, is there anything I am working towards? Endgame? Group acitivities, stuff I haven't seen or done yet?
This is an overly simplified list, but there's more or less three paths and you do them all simultaneously.

Raising MR is a universal goal, so keep leveling junk. Hunt down the non-prime versions of frames to level them. Level the different types of sentinels/pets/etc. Level the kdrives and archwings. Crack relics for more primes and level them. Do the quests for frames. If you don't like them just do 1-30 in NSO and shelve/sell them. Level weapons in ESO, which will also get you focus.

Speaking of focus - upgrade your spoiler. Get focus lenses (better ones as a result of Cetus bounties, final upgrade via Lua disruption) so you can passive gain it. If nothing else, max out Energizing Dash and Energy Pulse. Bounties also lead to a secondary faction in Cetus/Fortuna that offers some pretty great arcanes. There are spoiler-heavy boss fights on the plains which people either love or hate, but they lead to doing the real crazy stuff.

Build a railjack, then have it sit gathering dust while you crew someone else's railjack to get all the stuff you need for your railjack. Gain points in yet another alternative advancement system that unlocks railjack/archwing-specific functions. This system is kind of busted right now, in that there's not much point in actually piloting your own ship, but presumably will be the centerpiece of the next big content expansion.

This is on top of finishing the normal stuff: beat all nodes, do your NW objectives, get better/more mods, improve the frames/weapons you like, etc.