Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ramadu posted:

ZZ which is I assume double zetas and I will say it like double rainbows

That's exactly how you're meant to say it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Argas posted:

What do you mean by this? I assume from CCA?

Yeah, there's a bit where Amuro just rotates 90 degrees while charging someone and then it shows that guy in the cockpit going "wha?!!"

I think it's Gyunei? I know he drops his bazooka and busted shield vs Gyunei and makes Gyunei hesitate for a second and that's what gets him, but I'm pretty sure he does the rotating thing earlier versus him.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’ve spent a couple days loving around on the internet and haven’t had too much luck, but is there a good resource for finding the English releases of Gundam manga? I have the Gundam Thunderbolt volumes, but I was wondering what else is out there I can track down.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Taintrunner posted:

I’ve spent a couple days loving around on the internet and haven’t had too much luck, but is there a good resource for finding the English releases of Gundam manga? I have the Gundam Thunderbolt volumes, but I was wondering what else is out there I can track down.

The English releases of Gundam Wing Glory of the Losers and Gundam the Origin are both in print and available now at book stores. Beyond that, ages ago Tokyopop released a bunch of Gundam manga years ago, and Bandai Entertainment did the Gundam 00 and 00F mangas. All of that stuff is out of print. You're gonna need to trawl used book stores, online or IRL, to find them

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gripweed posted:

The English releases of Gundam Wing Glory of the Losers and Gundam the Origin are both in print and available now at book stores. Beyond that, ages ago Tokyopop released a bunch of Gundam manga years ago, and Bandai Entertainment did the Gundam 00 and 00F mangas. All of that stuff is out of print. You're gonna need to trawl used book stores, online or IRL, to find them

I do wanna buy Gundam Origin, but I can't spare $350+ yet tragically. Ah well. Content:

https://twitter.com/Claywh0re/status/1216059437938618368

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

EthanSteele posted:

Yeah, there's a bit where Amuro just rotates 90 degrees while charging someone and then it shows that guy in the cockpit going "wha?!!"

I think it's Gyunei? I know he drops his bazooka and busted shield vs Gyunei and makes Gyunei hesitate for a second and that's what gets him, but I'm pretty sure he does the rotating thing earlier versus him.

I don't know about the 90 degree bit, and don't see anything that stands out as that when he's fighting Gyunei but yeah, Amuro dropping his shield and bazooka to distract Gyunei for a second and then using that hesitation to shoot him is great. Amuro is quite a tricky fighter in Char's Counterattack, and uses dummy balloons as a distraction several times, as another instance, throwing out 3 of them while close to an opponent to distract or overwhelm them.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Taintrunner posted:

I do wanna buy Gundam Origin, but I can't spare $350+ yet tragically. Ah well. Content:

https://twitter.com/Claywh0re/status/1216059437938618368

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

is there a gundam game where you can just play as a giant haro loving zakus poo poo up and what not

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Stairmaster posted:

is there a gundam game where you can just play as a giant haro loving zakus poo poo up and what not

Giant Haros are an unlockable super unit in the G Generation games, I know at the very least Genesis and Cross Rays have them.

I think some of the Dynasty Warrior Gundam games have Haro pilots? not sure about actually piloting giant Haros though.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the haro should pilot a giant haro like the chao in sonic adventure 2 multiplayer

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The psycho haro in g generation overworld is busted

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Zore posted:

Giant Haros are an unlockable super unit in the G Generation games, I know at the very least Genesis and Cross Rays have them.

I think some of the Dynasty Warrior Gundam games have Haro pilots? not sure about actually piloting giant Haros though.

I think you can get Haro as an assistant but I don't believe Haro is ever a pilot, and there's no giant Haro shenanigans anywhere in Dynasty Warriors Gundam. Or Gundam Breaker for that matter.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

But what about a ball modified to look like a haro

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Ramadu posted:

It's kinda this. I didn't even realize it was the final battle and it just kinda ended and I went wait what?

I don't know nothin about gundams though I guess I know more now but I have no clue about the watch order so I guess I'll do ZZ which is I assume double zetas and I will say it like double rainbows

ZZ is the correct answer, and your pronunciation is exactly correct.

You must, however, watch the entire first episode recap and really marinade yourself in the first 16 or so episodes to experience true whiplash nirvana. It's part of the experience. You can't say you've watched ZZ until you have.

ninjewtsu posted:

But what about a ball modified to look like a haro

:hmmyes: Call up the Build Fighters team we've got a recommendation for them.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I just finished chars counter attack its pretty loving bad rear end

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Stairmaster posted:

I just finished chars counter attack its pretty loving bad rear end

No join the wait for the adaptation of Hathaway's Flash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1LRA0lBphQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt5KpmUGkbw

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

EthanSteele posted:

Still not quite sure I got the scene you're thinking of but Amuro is basically playing a VR shooter while everyone else is still playing with twin sticks. Everyone else is basically looking at what they're shooting at and orienting their MS to face it a lot of the time.

Edit: Quess could've learned a lesson or two from Mihaly Dumitru Margareta Corneliu Leopold Blanca Karol Aeon Ignatius Raphael Maria Niketas Archange Shilage.

Argas fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jun 8, 2020

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

haha bright lost a third gundam to a preteen

bright needs a little correcting if you know what I mean

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

DOES ANYONE IN DOUBLE ZETA LEARN OR KNOW HOW TO CLOSE THEIR COCKPIT

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

No seriously

why is everyones cockpit constantly falling open or never closing what the gently caress is going on did everyone just take idiot pills after they beat the titans???? do the minovsky particles cause intense brain damage or something?????

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ramadu posted:

No seriously

why is everyones cockpit constantly falling open or never closing what the gently caress is going on did everyone just take idiot pills after they beat the titans???? do the minovsky particles cause intense brain damage or something?????

If there's somebody climbing on your MS, then you need to open the cockpit so you can yell at them.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Just a reminder that ZZ also has a jeffrey epstein character.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Burns posted:

Just a reminder that ZZ also has a jeffrey epstein character.

We talking about Stampa or Glemmy?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

To be fair, Judau just went and hijacked the Zeta Gundam and doesn't really have much of a clue how to actually pilot the thing for the first several episodes, while Mashymre's a giant himbo.

Also, I think Yazan actually did get some brain damage? He spent quite a bit of time drifting in his pod and it ran dangerously low on oxygen before it managed to get to Shangri-La.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

We talking about Stampa or Glemmy?

Make that 2 jeffrey epstein characters.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Argas posted:

Edit: Quess could've learned a lesson or two from Mihaly Dumitru Margareta Corneliu Leopold Blanca Karol Aeon Ignatius Raphael Maria Niketas Archange Shilage.

Char probably should have taught Quess the trick on how to direct beam/missile damage to non-critical areas

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

also why did chan die so pointlessly

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

To make Hathaway even more of a little shithead than he already was.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Done with Soldiers of Sorrow.

https://streamable.com/6ttggt

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

She was a functioning adult in UC and therefore had to die unfortunately.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Stairmaster posted:

Extremely wrong place, extremely wrong time. From Hathaway's perspective, Chan busted in and totally ruined his attempt to stop Quess from fighting peacefully, then fired a missile at the Alpha Azieru that would have caught him int he blast if Quess hadn't thrown him to the side and took the hit.

From his perspective, she wasn't a concerned adult trying to help him, she was a murdering rear end in a top hat who killed Quess and could have possibly killed him in the process. It certainly doesn't help that this is all occurring in the middle of a giant space war where lovely adults are fighting over literally destroying the planet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

Tomino thought that was what you did with female characters until turn a gundam unbroke his brain

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Stairmaster posted:

Everyone dies pointlessly in Gundam. Especially if you're planning to nobly sacrifice yourself on the battlefield. Rest assured that the nuke was already recovered, your dumb plane isn't going to reach the white base, and your angrier clone will survive this blast. Don't do that poo poo! Think like Kai. And whatever you do, don't form any emotional attachments to boys in robots.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Alright onto IBO featuring my favorite gundam character Archer EMIYA

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Just ducking in to say I've started watching Gundam for the first time from the beginning. Finished 0079 and Zeta, just started ZZ and it already seems like a bit of a tonal shift 4 eps in. I may post here as I watch further, trying to avoid spoilers I guess.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

CubeTheory posted:

Just ducking in to say I've started watching Gundam for the first time from the beginning. Finished 0079 and Zeta, just started ZZ and it already seems like a bit of a tonal shift 4 eps in. I may post here as I watch further, trying to avoid spoilers I guess.
How do you feel about this Char guy?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Nessus posted:

How do you feel about this Char guy?

He seems alright, but not nearly as cool as Lt. Quattro. Of course, both of them are just basically roleplaying their fantasy of being as cool as Casval Deikun.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

CubeTheory posted:

He seems alright, but not nearly as cool as Lt. Quattro. Of course, both of them are just basically roleplaying their fantasy of being as cool as Casval Deikun.

I still say none of it compares to the humble heroism of Edouard Mass.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

CubeTheory posted:

A bit huh, more like it's a completely different show from Zeta and most of UC gundam for like 35 episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I just watched ZZ a couple weeks ago and thought it got good basically as soon as they got to Earth. The roughest stretch was eps ~10-20 because you trade goofy Mashmyre for creeplord Glemy, but the show is still mostly a slapstick comedy for another ten episodes. Also maid Chara plotline and Moon Moon. Blegh. I think it's worth powering through because the middle of ZZ is awesome, The ending is also mostly great, but I have some bigger hangups with it. Namely they did Ple dirty by having her suicide bomb the Psycho Gundam and turn into a personality-less robot ghost. And bringing back Leina out of nowhere like that just sucks. She barely even shows up again and Judao fucks off to Jupiter anyway in the end. I don't know why they sabotaged one of the dramatic high points of the show and a big part of Judao's character development like that.