Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Booley posted:

They'll probably mail you one.

If that's the case then yeah, whatever. But I'm not about to support someone using such a public item in a poorly funded building in America just to save a massive corporation a minor headache. gently caress that forever, I don't care if some crazy person calls me a psycho for that apparently controversial opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

PinheadSlim posted:

What are you supposed to do if you don't have a printer?

I guess that doesn't matter because poor little Bandai can't make this right any other way, won't someone think of this mom and pop operation!?

Take a picture of it. This is not a massive step they are asking.

PinheadSlim posted:

If that's the case then yeah, whatever. But I'm not about to support someone using such a public item in a poorly funded building in America just to save a massive corporation a minor headache. gently caress that forever, I don't care if some crazy person calls me a psycho for that apparently controversial opinion.

This is not even doing that, it's just helping another person who made the same order out. Also I am pretty sure the person who brought this up has a printer. Also thought I heard they were from the UK not America.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 8, 2020

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I got sent the wrong PA book by Element Games in the UK recently. After I alerted them of their error, they organised a courier pickup of the incorrect item, as well as sending me out the correct book in the mean time. The courier will bring a printed label with them and simply slap it on the box when they pick it up from my front door. This is not a big logistical problem.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

Gunder posted:

Looks lovely, as usual! Really like the purple armour. I'm only 50% through the DI box, as I never got around to painting the Death Guard half. Which chapter did you pick for the Marines?

Salamanders! I have just under 5k of them at this point. :v:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
No but really though, it's not a hardship to simply not be a oval office.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

MonsterEnvy posted:

Take a picture of it. This is not a massive step they are asking.

This is not even doing that, it's just helping another person who made the same order out. Also I am pretty sure the person who brought this up has a printer. Also thought I heard they were from the UK not America.

Nah, they're in the US. If they were in the UK, we wouldn't be having this argument because they'd legally have to send it back.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

R0ckfish posted:

Salamanders! I have just under 5k of them at this point. :v:

I love the Salamanders. Second favourite after the Ultramarines. I bet you painted loads of flames and stuff on them, right? Do you have a few pics?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I love all the advice from EU and UK goons that doesn't at all apply to the US goon. Great stuff. Just take a picture of it lol

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

PinheadSlim posted:

I love all the advice from EU and UK goons that doesn't at all apply to the US goon. Great stuff. Just take a picture of it lol

Nah, you can not be a prick in the US as well, its an international concept.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

The least you could do is take pictures of your barbie hanging out with the other in its box killing xenos (your anime dolls), then write a note in a child's scrawl that they're really going to miss their battle brother.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Yeast posted:

Nah, you can not be a prick in the US as well, its an international concept.

Yeah it just requires you either own a printer or don't mind risking your next for a mega corporation. I guess it's his fault for not having a printer, stupid stupid American!

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

Yeast posted:

Probably something along the lines of

"We are covering shipping as we said in the first email, why are you being so wilfully obtuse?

They said the label was coming to their inbox, so I'm assuming it's a pdf shipping label. I had Amazon ship me some unasked for textbooks with an order. I reached out to Amazon CS and they were like "no problem, here's an emailed prepaid shipping label." I'm an honest guy, but when a company asks a broke college student to:
A) run out and buy a replacement inkjet cartridge to print out the label,
B) get a replacement box and packing materials,
C) drive out from the middle of nowhere to the nearest Fedex store since whatever box I have on hand won't fit in the FedEx dropoff,
and D) leave me out of pocket for everything but the shipping label.

For some reason, I then wasn't particularly willing to go out of my way for Amazon. GW made a mistake, and there's a way to not take advantage of them without them taking advantage of you. I'd say if they aren't willing to meet the guy halfway by shipping a return box, label and arranging for pickup, they don't want it back that bad.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
What the gently caress is this idiot on about?

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

Gunder posted:

I love the Salamanders. Second favourite after the Ultramarines. I bet you painted loads of flames and stuff on them, right? Do you have a few pics?

Sure! I have not done any recently, but here are a few of them:
https://imgur.com/gallery/sMfic6l
https://imgur.com/gallery/WPI5bpD
https://imgur.com/gallery/KUeI6wA

You can find more on my imgur: https://imgur.com/user/R0ckf1sh

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Contingency posted:

They said the label was coming to their inbox, so I'm assuming it's a pdf shipping label. I had Amazon ship me some unasked for textbooks with an order. I reached out to Amazon CS and they were like "no problem, here's an emailed prepaid shipping label." I'm an honest guy, but when a company asks a broke college student to:
C) drive out from the middle of nowhere to the nearest Fedex store since whatever box I have on hand won't fit in the FedEx dropoff,

For some reason, I then wasn't particularly willing to go out of my way for Amazon. GW made a mistake, and there's a way to not take advantage of them without them taking advantage of you. I'd say if they aren't willing to meet the guy halfway by shipping a return box, label and arranging for pickup, they don't want it back that bad.

How dare you not own a printer full of ink, and how dare you not keep cardboard boxes! Scoundrel! To the gallows!

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Contingency posted:

You made that from this:

"Of course we don’t want you to be out of pocket or for this to be a lengthy awkward process (I mean...you’ve already had to read this email) We will arrange how to make this happen for you, just keep an eye out in your inbox for a shipping label from FedEx and details on next steps, coming early next week"

:stare:

JBP posted:

What the gently caress is this idiot on about?

Desperately trying to make keeping something that they aren't meant to have less morally lovely than 'I'm a selfish oval office'

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
lol, it's cool that if you ask the average american to not be a dick by stealing a childrens toy from another person for no reason, they have to either go completely insane or rewrite their selfishness as a heroic act of political activism.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
GW: Hey, look, our bad, but that's someone else's, we'll flick you through some details about how we'll help you rectify this.

Me, wheezing into a paper bag: Games Workshop is trying to murder me.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Perhaps the most disingenuous post would refer to a collectible limited edition space marine doll as a toy for any child other than a man-child.

Edit : But whatever, if some corporate suckups would like to ignore the post where I said if the company takes care of everything then do whatever, they're free to be as illiterate as they wish.

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 8, 2020

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

PinheadSlim posted:

I don't think anyone has said that he's legally obligated to return it. The argument has been about the morality thereof.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

Gunder posted:

I wonder what the Custodes will get from PA. Do you guys think they'll get anything apart from access to Sisters of Silence stuff?

I hope so, at the very least some equivalent to custom chapter traits they can pick from. Anything to increase their chances of getting into combat or increasing their durability. Right now there's so much mutli shot, AP -2 or better, multi damage guns in the game that are just the bane of Custodes so anything that can help against that would be a boon. Anything to help with resisting mortal wounds helps as well, the current 6+++ in the Psychic phase isn't nearly enough when most armies with a relevant psychic phase are capable of throwing mortal wounds out like candy, and even then plenty of mortal wounds these days aren't even done in the psychic phase anymore. I'm not expecting a GK style glow up, but Custodes really do need help especially in the SM supremacy meta going on now.

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

Yeast posted:

You made that from this:

"Of course we don’t want you to be out of pocket or for this to be a lengthy awkward process (I mean...you’ve already had to read this email) We will arrange how to make this happen for you, just keep an eye out in your inbox for a shipping label from FedEx and details on next steps, coming early next week"

:stare:

Desperately trying to make keeping something that they aren't meant to have less morally lovely than 'I'm a selfish oval office'

That, and a similar situation a decade ago. "Inbox" suggests emailed shipping label pdf. If they were going to ship out a box and packing materials, why would they email the label? You guys are expecting a GW Model Return Taskforce (tm) when any company is going to default to the least labor intensive option: a generic return label to a fulfillment center, and for those you don't even need to need to put in the user's address.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
poo poo, just return the extra figure like they're asking. "Don't be an rear end in a top hat" really shouldn't be a multi-page discussion.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also why are you guys assuming they don't have a printer.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Plumbing ethical depths for the hypothetical that will satisfy everyone.

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

MonsterEnvy posted:

Also why are you guys assuming they don't have a printer.

I get IT equipment returns from employees and providing the box, return tape, and a prepaid return label is like basic logistics--the user not having a printer is something you have to account for. The guy should see what GW is going to do so he doesn't go out of his way/potentially die over a $100 action figure, and if they're unwilling to accommodate the situation. That's 100% GW's call to treat customers with respect, and if they decline, he's absolutely within his rights to take a pass on being treated like a chump.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Oh God I should have just brought up female Space Marines rather than getting two toys on accident. There'd be less arguments.

And my main moral quandary was that I feel lovely if someone gets shorted on a limited run figure. If it wasnt made to order I'd, awful as this sounds I know, I'd be much less inclined to return it. Soon as I get the label I'll send it back. I still got the box it shipped in so I can just peel off the old shipping label and slap the new one on.
I can just drop by the library or Office Max if I need something printed honestly. It's really an intensely minor issue.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
If it wasn't made to order I'm pretty sure like 95% of the posts on this topic would have been in agreement to keep the thing.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Strobe posted:

If it wasn't made to order I'm pretty sure like 95% of the posts on this topic would have been in agreement to keep the thing.

This is the first time that I know where GW has asked someone to ship something back that was accidentally sent out.

Even myself over the years when I’ve contacted customer service for a piece missing or whatever- they send a whole new thing.

For all the poo poo GW has been at times over the years they have always excelled at customer service.

For once they’re asking a ham to return the favor and not be an rear end in a top hat. They’re sending a label and a box, likely also will toss in something extra- and yet this is a long discussion on if the ham should be a total loving rear end in a top hat or not.

Why is it so hard for some people to not be an rear end in a top hat.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
GW in the letter even said they would just call you lucky if this had not been made to order.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Looking at the relevant laws it depends upon the state you're in. The blanket 'counts as a free gift' rule doesn't apply if the goods have been received as a mistake, and it does count as theft in certain states depending on how its been labelled. ie it has the right customers name but the goons address.

In this case I assume it would have the goons name and address on both which would mean they're in the clear, although the company notifying you that its incorrect puts it into a grey area. You're still be absolutely fine because of the address label of course and no company is going to make the effort for such a low value item.

From the sounds of it Bandai have double despatched a large amount of these orders and are trying to recover as many as they can to solve this before the next production run is done so satisfy most of the outstanding customers.

I'd recommend you return it and you'll most likely get a gift voucher for your trouble.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

The only gift that matters is the love of papa nurgle.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

R0ckfish I love your pastel-ish purple nurgle dudes 10/10

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

PinheadSlim posted:

Perhaps the most disingenuous post would refer to a collectible limited edition space marine doll as a toy for any child other than a man-child.

Edit : But whatever, if some corporate suckups would like to ignore the post where I said if the company takes care of everything then do whatever, they're free to be as illiterate as they wish.

you're a proper loving dickhead, just wanted to let you know that

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Corrode posted:

you're a proper loving dickhead, just wanted to let you know that

Well, that is an expert opinion so I suppose he should feel bad.

What is it with members of the Goonhammer team and not being able to disagree with people without resorting to personal insults?

Kitchner fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jun 8, 2020

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Cool off, posters.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Kitchner posted:

Well, that is an expert opinion so I suppose he should feel bad.

honestly impressive that you get bodied in this thread on the daily and still think it's everyone else that has the problem

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Corrode posted:

honestly impressive that you get bodied in this thread on the daily and still think it's everyone else that has the problem

Yeah, I know you and the cronies for your website really have it in for me ever since I disagreed with you, but funnily enough I don't really respect or value anything you all have to say. You are the problem here, because people like you, and Booley immediately jumping to offensive and insulting comments over literally any disagreement is the exact stereotype that puts people off the hobby.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Kitchner posted:

Yeah, I know you and the cronies for your website really have it in for me ever since I disagreed with you, but funnily enough I don't really respect or value anything you all have to say. You are the problem here, because people like you, and Booley immediately jumping to offensive and insulting comments over literally any disagreement is the exact stereotype that puts people off the hobby.

remember when you told everyone off for gatekeeping and then literally an hour later had a huge meltdown about why your kind of gatekeeping was ok, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Corrode posted:

remember when you told everyone off for gatekeeping and then literally an hour later had a huge meltdown about why your kind of gatekeeping was ok, lmao

I remember when you called me a gatekeeper for suggesting that it's fine to ask people to paint three colours onto their models before going to a paid tournament, and then you and your cronies dog piled me until you got probed lol