Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I'm a little confused by the pledge tiers in the kemet KS - it looks like a few things are changing in the new version that aren't necessarily covered by the upgrade pledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I'm in for the upgrade currently, but I'm probably going to cancel for that reason, combined with the fact that they're doing nothing to fix the worst element of the base game (you've never played before? Here, parse these 48 language independent upgrade tiles on turn 1)

I've only been skimming the updates but the whole campaign has had a real shambolic feel to it, like they've been on the back foot from the start.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tarnop posted:

I'm in for the upgrade currently, but I'm probably going to cancel for that reason, combined with the fact that they're doing nothing to fix the worst element of the base game (you've never played before? Here, parse these 48 language independent upgrade tiles on turn 1)

Actually they've done the opposite - by adding Onyx to the base game, there are now 64 upgrade tiles to parse.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Crossposting

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Terraforming Mars Big Box is coming. :siren:

Kickstarter pre-launch page
Allegedly launching June 9.

This is.. very enticing depending on when the campaign ends as I'm really really liking what I'm seeing in Merchants of the Dark Road
I have played TerraMars all of once on TTS and really liked my time with it, so it's been in my pickup list for a bit while I've been prioritising other pickups.

Suppose it really just comes down to timing + how much the Big Box will cost.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Selecta84 posted:

I really like his playthroughs to get a feel for a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi8I5vWPgjg

Cheers for this by the by. I really liked his extended playthrough of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGczFMBTTdg

It pushed me through into picking up the All-In Pledge.

The gameplay loop looks lovely, I love the lowest of fame vs money win condition, worker placement + storage considerations, etc, etc.
It looks great seeing it in motion.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Quick Disposable Heroes update, my artist wrapped up the last of the characters last night and we did a pass for revisions this morning. Once those are done, we have to do layout but we're moving along at a solid pace.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Infinitum posted:

Crossposting

Terraforming Mars is an incredibly good game and if anyone doesn't own it, this is a great time to fix that problem.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Zurai posted:

Terraforming Mars is an incredibly good game and if anyone doesn't own it, this is a great time to fix that problem.
TFM is a great game, but it looks like this is an oversized storage box (for the base game and expansions), and a set of fancy 3D tiles (to replace the 2D ones in the base game).

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

FMguru posted:

TFM is a great game, but it looks like this is an oversized storage box (for the base game and expansions), and a set of fancy 3D tiles (to replace the 2D ones in the base game).
I could be wrong, but I read on BGG that this might be $100 plus shipping.
Bit of sticker shock if true.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm sure there'll be a pledge level just for big box + base game + expansions.

Honestly don't care about the 3D tiles

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Zurai posted:

I’m sure it will sell like crazy but 3D tiles aren’t appealing to me. I would love to pick up a nicer set of cards and cardboard pieces but as much as like to cry about components it’s honestly fine as it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Infinitum posted:

I'm sure there'll be a pledge level just for big box + base game + expansions.

Honestly don't care about the 3D tiles

Interview posted:

6) Will there be an option for people who don’t need all of the bling like the 3-D tiles but still want things like the promo cards and maybe the big box?

Unfortunately, no.

TfM's box is enough to fit almost all of the content for the game anyway.

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
AAA - THE CHANGE | AUM AMEN AMEEN, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tripeeegames/aaa-the-change?ref=android_project_share

I am at a loss at what I'm looking at.

The external links are all about breaking bad'

Defenistrator fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jun 8, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just a bunch of religious dudes hangin out, pondering the infinite

Doctor Spaceman posted:

TfM's box is enough to fit almost all of the content for the game anyway.

Boo urns. I just want a traditional Big Box, not a box+3D tiles.

Oh well guess I defer a pickup for a year until it hits retail.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Defenistrator posted:

AAA - THE CHANGE | AUM AMEN AMEEN, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tripeeegames/aaa-the-change?ref=android_project_share

I am at a loss at what I'm looking at.

The external links are all about breaking bad'

The best part is in the ABOUT US

quote:

Our journey in creating games started with Breaking Bad - The Board Game.

Oh hey they actually did a published game at least, so-

quote:

Though we couldn't get a license, we

Ahahahahaaaaaa so they didn't actually, just wanted to :goleft:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
“2.5 hours of brain fry that felt like 5” isn’t a very compelling review. :confused:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Led to a hell of a lot of discussions & opinions, never before spoken in the family"

Like why Santa Claus is on Team Christ, but not Moses.

Also why Santa Claus is on the list anywhere, instead of Saint Nicholas.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Infinitum posted:

Crossposting

Terraforming Mars is a good game marred by a publisher that charges premium prices for bargain basement components. I would not be willing to buy anything made by them sight unseen, as it's very likely to be a lot crappier than it appears in photos or concept renders

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Infinitum posted:

"Led to a hell of a lot of discussions & opinions, never before spoken in the family"

Because supercessionism is a hell of a drug, presumably.

E: more seriously, three Jewish figures split over three teams...really this whole thing is a hundred different kinds of disrespectful to many religions.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jun 8, 2020

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Having defeated the video game industry forever, MDickie presents their first board game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tiny Epic Pirates is just over 40hrs from the finish line and has met all its stretch goals.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coe/tiny-epic-pirates

Little Box RPGs is also ending in 13hrs, and has also met all stretch goals.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/storybrewers/littlebox-rpgs-two-complete-story-games-in-two-little-boxes

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

There's also a new edition of The Stygian Library with brand new art ending in the next 23 hours. Looks like you'll get the updated PDF for free if you've already bought it on DTRPG.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I'm utterly confused by the kemet Kickstarter going all in on the Cthulhu stuff. I just wanted to get a cool 2.0 of kemet, as someone who doesn't own 1.0

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I have something like 9 plays of Kemet with my group, it was always fun other than the buying guide problem (I printed copies).

It's not possible to make the ultimate Dudes On A Map game - there will always be trade-offs - and Old rear end Kemet does a perfectly fine job of being Risk But Good. Maybe not great, but good.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Jarvisi posted:

I'm utterly confused by the kemet Kickstarter going all in on the Cthulhu stuff. I just wanted to get a cool 2.0 of kemet, as someone who doesn't own 1.0

Technically the Cthulhu stuff doesn't stop you from just getting Kemet 2.0. The Cthulhu stuff is just an expansion.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

GrandpaPants posted:

Technically the Cthulhu stuff doesn't stop you from just getting Kemet 2.0. The Cthulhu stuff is just an expansion.

It's more that it lends the whole thing an air of shambolic desperation

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

If you're going to pay for a massively overproduced DOAM game with a Cthulhu theme, just scream "gently caress it!" and buy Cthulhu Wars.

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos

Infinitum posted:

Notice how Judaism is conviently missing

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Anyone backing Sheol? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lunaroakstudio/sheol-board-game/description

I kinda want to because it looks really cool but it's expensive and their first project and I have no idea what the failure rate is for successfully backed board games...

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Is this a second attempt at that game where astronauts explore the afterlife?

E: Necronauts! And no, it doesn't seem to be

moths fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jun 9, 2020

Hauki
May 11, 2010

moths posted:

Is this a second attempt at that game where astronauts explore the afterlife?

E: Necronauts! And no, it doesn't seem to be

Didn't Necronauts already have a second attempt?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

There's another game called Jack Houston and the Necronauts, but it looks like the one I was thinking of went off kickstarter to a preorder page.

It looks like there's still some room for improving the graphic arts. Black and white ink is cool but gets kind of samey unless you splash some color in there.

E: And then it also got renamed cryptic explorers

moths fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jun 9, 2020

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

This is what Western treatments of Indian gods must look like to Indian people.

Also, it looks weird, but in 2020 this is probably progressive by making Islam a playable team rather than the enemy faction...

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos

Safety Biscuits posted:

This is what Western treatments of Indian gods must look like to Indian people.

Also, it looks weird, but in 2020 this is probably progressive by making Islam a playable team rather than the enemy faction...

Also the fact that Muhammed is a glowing face as to not turn him into an idol..

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

CODChimera posted:

Anyone backing Sheol? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lunaroakstudio/sheol-board-game/description

I kinda want to because it looks really cool but it's expensive and their first project and I have no idea what the failure rate is for successfully backed board games...

Rule 1: do they have a rulebook, or at the very least a full gameplay video?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm always wary of KSs with like 50+ miniature addon packs.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/483438961/mini-rogue

Mini Rogue is up. Used to be a tiny 9-card pnp, it's been beefed up a bit. The top tier has a redone version of the original pnp, but if you don't want the extra dice and tray that tier adds you can add it to a lower tier for €8.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

CODChimera posted:

“the swallowing twister”? Reminds me of someone I dated. :downsrim:

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

There's another game called Jack Houston and the Necronauts, but it looks like the one I was thinking of went off kickstarter to a preorder page.

I will be very surprised if Jack Houston sees release. Updates are thin on the ground, and pretty much equal parts 'calamity' and 'feature creep'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

I've seen some people say bad things about Nemesis. I wanted to say the opposite.

I can understand if people don't like the original xenos, but I wanted to say the two expansion races are REALLY good. In one round, we had a lot of corpses in a single room and the Carnomorphs had been flocking to it to eat and grow Huge. However, we found a different room that let us initiate a procedure that would lock down the room and vent the oxygen out, killing everything inside. This made more corpses and would coax more aliens would come, etc. This allowed us to keep part of the swarm at bay while we got objectives done.

Every game I played has that Pandemic sort of feel where the first part of the game was like, "aliens? what aliens?" And towards the end we are barely making it.

I bought the whole thing and have played it 6 times. Every time I received a positive reaction from my play groups.

The only thing bad about it is that there are a LOT of components and having to explain all the rules without missing key details is difficult. I've had to write a bullet point list to make sure I cover everything.

However if you have a gaming group that enjoys a lot of options and doesn't shy away from such a thing, you will have a good time.

Bonus: Painted queen.