Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

For me the secret appears to be not having an account!

Look at you wargamesing twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I don't know if it's an obit but I really loved Dave's piece about Ali shortly after his passing. I thought his thoughts on watching Ali's last fight at the time was hauntingly beautiful.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1269806144802787330

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bryan & Vinny & Granny NXT show is off the rails

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Viewers happy to see young blood getting some screen time AND showing off their ability with newfangled modern technology like a CRT monitor.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Why do they always look so sad

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

coconono posted:

Why do they always look so sad

They work for TheFed

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Road Dogg has severe "grow out a beard to hide your double chin" energy

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1269855945753935873

That's my newsletter writer *wipes single tear away*

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1269862785980133376?s=19

Dave getting radicalised in his 60s is one of the more fun 2020 subplots

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Low Desert Punk posted:

real roller derby is genuinely one of the most boring and lovely sports I've ever seen in person. but the atmosphere seems cool

It looks like it would be really fun to do but watching it... . yeah it was better as a work.

Lmao that's ice cold.

MJeff posted:

If I'm going to Zogo it up I want to include this post in my multipost and acknowlege it as well.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The New Day Podcast came out today and it talks about the current state of affairs in the United States. It's a tough, honest listen.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Christ, that WWE humour again. Kill hunter

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Meanwhile, Billy Gunn looks like he's barely aged since the Attitude Era

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Davros1 posted:

Meanwhile, Billy Gunn looks like he's barely aged since the Attitude Era

dude gets paid to hang out with his son all day. He's clearly won.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

The New Day Podcast came out today and it talks about the current state of affairs in the United States. It's a tough, honest listen.

This is an incredible podcast. I recommend everyone listen to it.

e: And actually actively listen. Not have on in the background while you're doing something else that takes your attention.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan breaking down how Paisley might conceivably beat his rear end on the latest WOL was an amazing analogy :allears:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dave talking about being there to see Jumbo vs Misawa, 8/6/90, was the content I crave from the Observer podcasts.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Has he ever explained properly what ajpw thought he'd done to start hating him?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The Croc posted:

The gist I got is that some Americans went over who either knew Dave or said they knew did were obnoxious & pissed everyone off and somehow Dave got the blame for this. It seems dumb as hell.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

From all accounts I've heard, Mrs. Baba comes off as a really petty and spiteful person. There's a good chance she was mad at Dave for some small thing and just used those people being 'rude' as the excuse to blackball him.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

forkboy84 posted:

The gist I got is that some Americans went over who either knew Dave or said they knew did were obnoxious & pissed everyone off and somehow Dave got the blame for this. It seems dumb as hell.

As an American living in Asia, I can tell you first hand that white people are all grouped together and we get blamed for everything that one jackass does. It's to a level where whenever we see something happen, we joke that as a community we need to issue statements publicly distancing ourselves from this person.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dave explaining that he never lost his towel at the beach because he could recognize it as the only one that had been at the Jumbo/Misawa match was loving incredible :allears:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Dave explaining that he never lost his towel at the beach because he could recognize it as the only one that had been at the Jumbo/Misawa match was loving incredible :allears:

I have heard that story 3-4 times and we always get a new detail or two.

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017

The Croc posted:

he did a podcast with all the people he used to go to japan with once. It wasn't on the F4W network. If you search his name in the podcast app you might find it. I think it's from 2017.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

HPJoker posted:

he did a podcast with all the people he used to go to japan with once. It wasn't on the F4W network. If you search his name in the podcast app you might find it. I think it's from 2017.

http://605pod.com/tag/dave-meltzer/

Was it this?

The Croc posted:

I don't think Dave has ever said specifically. From other podcasts, I think a rude American or a group of rude Americans made an rear end of themselves backstage at an AJPW show. They said they knew Dave and that's why he got banned. I could be completely wrong about this.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Talk is Jericho with the story of the Inner Circle and the Stadium Stampede is fantastic.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1270793815624843265

This is probably as close as we'll get to Bernie on WOR. :v:

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
The radicalization of Dave Meltzer is one of the better themes of 2020

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The radicalization of Dave Meltzer by the coward Jim Cornette

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

There is now video of the most recent new day podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n40TCEsZQAY

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MassRafTer posted:

Talk is Jericho with the story of the Inner Circle and the Stadium Stampede is fantastic.

Not listening, obviously, what did he say?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
dave go on chapo. you can bond with felix over mma

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

TV Zombie posted:

There is now video of the most recent new day podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n40TCEsZQAY

btw most of you probably already intuited this but this is on WWE's youtube channel, so your recommends are hosed now.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Man I am watching that New Day video and I keep having to stop it. It's a rough watch but 100% worth destroying your recommendations for. Go click some purowave or something afterwards, but it is genuine and heartbreaking in a way that even WWE can't ruin.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Man I am watching that New Day video and I keep having to stop it. It's a rough watch but 100% worth destroying your recommendations for. Go click some purowave or something afterwards, but it is genuine and heartbreaking in a way that even WWE can't ruin.

Xavier Woods comments especially broke my heart.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Xavier Woods comments especially broke my heart.

Big E is killing me. I'm fuckin sobbing.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

coconono posted:

btw most of you probably already intuited this but this is on WWE's youtube channel, so your recommends are hosed now.

Just remove it from your watch history.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Joey Janela is on the latest episode of the Doughboys. It's a (bad) podcast that reviews chain restaurants. The hosts have talked about going to PWG and BOLA before so it should be pretty interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

That New Day episode is definitely a pro click, and if you can’t watch all of it at least watch The first 10 minutes or so. Big E cuts straight to the heart of it in a really powerful way.