Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

danbanana posted:

Well either you got Stickee Monkey or a year-plus old FW Anniversary beer for $5. Either way, Jesus loving Christ.

Shoulda asked. Its a pretty well stocked bar the owners are on the younger side and have a wonderful selection of beers on tap. Guess they're clearing out stock because they're going to reopen officially on monday apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Stickee Monkee / Aged in Bourbon and Brandy Barrels / 20% of Final Blend

I believe is what I got. DRAFT BABY! MUAHHHHHHAHAHAHAA

Both of them are a score at $5 whether it's Sticky Monkee or the 20th anniversary. You got a link to their draft list?

20th anniversary is a blend of all these beers:

quote:

Parabola / Aged in New Oak and Bourbon Barrels / 40% of Final Blend

Velvet Merkin / Aged in Bourbon Barrels / 17.5% of Final Blend

Bravo / Aged in Bourbon Barrels / 12.5% of Final Blend

Helldorado / Aged in Bourbon Barrels / 10% of Final Blend

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ah they wrote it on black boards and erased everything that got tapped. One sec lemme dig around their social media

Edit: yeah their website menu is 4 years old lmao and they Instagram and Facebook are only post about the special going on.

I'm not saying my memory is bad, but i distinctively remember reading "BBA Firestone Walker 20th anniversary Stickee Monkee"

Owner was taking about, "yeah we're clearing out. That's like a $65 + growler fill for $5 bucks on that firestone"

Give em a call and tell them they are crazy (cool that is):

https://instagram.com/manhattanbar91910?igshid=t0moxpxh4dic

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 7, 2020

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I went back to that bar today. I'm sorry beer thread. I tried! But they were all out of PLiNY and Blind Pig :smith:

So, instead I got some BBA Firestone Walker 20th anniversary Monkee. $5 for a growler fill. :gritin:

I am so incredibly jealous of you rn. What an absolute deal.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
This isn’t really beer but it’s excellent either way. It’s a stretch to call it a seltzer though. Tastes more like a light sour.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
TBh that sounds like a lot of Florida Weisses to the T

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I mean, untitled art also makes a Florida Weisse. Haven’t had it though so I can’t really compare it.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
GOD :drat: does this Stickee Monkee taste like booze. It's Delicious

Hauki
May 11, 2010

if a bar near me was selling growler fills of stickee monkey for $5 i'd probably make myself sick

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
If I was in that scenario a few EMTs would be shoving charcoal down my throat

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I believe is what I got. DRAFT BABY! MUAHHHHHHAHAHAHAA

So what this is saying is...

Stickee Monkey, which is one of the components of the FW Anniversary beer. It made up 20% of the final blend of the anniversary beer.

So he got Stickee Monkey.

But honestly I'd be loving hyped to get 64oz of Coors Light for $5 so this is a huge win

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Mahoning posted:

This isn’t really beer but it’s excellent either way. It’s a stretch to call it a seltzer though. Tastes more like a light sour.

I have some of this in my fridge and it is definitely not intended to be a seltzer. It's a barely-sour fruit beer. I like the guava flavor, and I like it even more with some rum and a squeeze of lime.

Also is anyone ITT familiar with this Florida brewery Tripping Animals? I had been seeing them on shelves recently and at my favorite local bottleshop I overheard someone asking when the next drop was coming and heard that they were only getting a single case of their next IPA release, which I grabbed one of the last four-packs of the next time I was there. $21 for a DIPA, jesus fuckin' christ. It's good but if I waited one more day to go buy beer I could've gotten the fresh drop of King Sue that just landed here, for a couple bucks cheaper even. And no, I have no idea why Decorah-brewed TG cans are hitting Atlanta so hard. Anyway, point is, Florida hypemachine hazecan breweries are never worth the hype, especially if they have a label gimmick such as different animals being on drugs.

e: Went and poured myself a can to see if I felt any different about it and holy gently caress is it oxidized! Look at that nasty color it’s sullying my nice Tree House glass with.

prayer group fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jun 7, 2020

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hauki posted:

if a bar near me was selling growler fills of stickee monkey for $5 i'd probably make myself sick

The bar had no limit rule. You just needed growlers to fill and theyd fill it.

MunchE posted:

So what this is saying is...

Stickee Monkey, which is one of the components of the FW Anniversary beer. It made up 20% of the final blend of the anniversary beer.

So he got Stickee Monkey.

But honestly I'd be loving hyped to get 64oz of Coors Light for $5 so this is a huge win

Right? I actually said to the guy, "so, blind pig. $5 fill? With my own growler?"

"Yup! $5"

I'm sorry I dont have a pic up. It's literally in a bealching beaver growler i got like 4 years ago and when i pour it into a not goku cup its brown.

Unrelated to BBAs, this DIPA is actually delicious!

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
https://wlos.com/news/local/critics-say-recent-local-beer-name-had-racial-overtones

Oof.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

i've never heard that it "[means] to object to oppression and potential government overreach," so i googled boogaloo and the white power motherfuckers are literally the first result... and almost every other result on the next five pages.

oh, wait- Franklin, NC? lol:

"As of the census[2] of 2010, there were 3,845 people, 1,627 households, and 899 families residing in the town. The population density was 911.2 people per square mile (351.8/km²). There were 1,916 housing units at an average density of 500.2 per square mile (193.2/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 82.3% White, 1.9% African American, 0.40% Native American, 0.63% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 0.49% from other races, and 1.15% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 13.01% of the population."

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

funkybottoms posted:

i've never heard that it "[means] to object to oppression and potential government overreach," so i googled boogaloo and the white power motherfuckers are literally the first result... and almost every other result on the next five pages.

oh, wait- Franklin, NC? lol:

"As of the census[2] of 2010, there were 3,845 people, 1,627 households, and 899 families residing in the town. The population density was 911.2 people per square mile (351.8/km²). There were 1,916 housing units at an average density of 500.2 per square mile (193.2/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 82.3% White, 1.9% African American, 0.40% Native American, 0.63% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 0.49% from other races, and 1.15% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 13.01% of the population."

What an age we live in where even towns of 4,000 people have local (and racist) breweries!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

if there's any doubt, George Washington is wearing a loving Hawaiian shirt. hope they get some bricks through their windows!

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

danbanana posted:

What an age we live in where even towns of 4,000 people have local (and racist) breweries!

It's not even the good brewery in Franklin! I was there a year ago and Lazy Hiker had better beer and way nicer folk working the taproom

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

also:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Shabadu posted:

and way nicer folk working the taproom

I get the impression that might be influenced by the color of the customer's skin!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

On my third can of BrewDog O-G Hazy NEIPA, this stuff is dangerously smooth for a 7.2!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Got a nice haul from Norbrook Farms in CT today. Cans of their very good Saison, and crowlers of their maibock, Weiss, and a few lagers. Also pet some good boys and girls while we were there :3:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Taking a flattering picture of beer is hard. So i had a pint of stickee monkee last night and i felt like i should be sipping slower. So today I poured into a makers mark tumbler that i have for some reason??

Tried to get a decent picture. poo poo is, like ruby red color. Dark red when held up to light. Drinks like a smooth bourbon but has no sting of drinking brown liquor. Sweet. No strong alcoholic aftertaste. This would be the perfect after dinner drink for me honestly.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Dell_Zincht posted:

On my third can of BrewDog O-G Hazy NEIPA, this stuff is dangerously smooth for a 7.2!

When it's good, it's good. The probalem is absolutely no supermarkets seem to keep them in the fridge, so the odds of getting a stale one are high.

Fore whatever reason my local Tesco gets days old Vocation Life and Death, still my choice of supermarket IPA

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I got distracted by BOGO Sierra Nevada at Publix and accidentally went the wrong way down an aisle. Im an idiot.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Spuckuk posted:

When it's good, it's good. The probalem is absolutely no supermarkets seem to keep them in the fridge, so the odds of getting a stale one are high.

Fore whatever reason my local Tesco gets days old Vocation Life and Death, still my choice of supermarket IPA

These were all good. Although why I decided to buy 3 without knowing if I'd like it or not, I have no idea.

Every time I go to Tesco now (weekly for the big shop) I spend at least £20 on single cans/bottles.

Evil Twin's More or Less Evil Pale Ale was surprisingly boring :(

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Spanish Manlove posted:

I got distracted by BOGO Sierra Nevada at Publix and accidentally went the wrong way down an aisle. Im an idiot.

SO what ya get?

CORRECTION ON MY DIPA; It was actually a colab between Bitter Brothers Brewery and 3 Punk Brewery. My bad!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

SO what ya get?

CORRECTION ON MY DIPA; It was actually a colab between Bitter Brothers Brewery and 3 Punk Brewery. My bad!

They didn't have much but they did have the Summer Lager and the Wild Little Thing, so that's something I totally wanted and then something I've been wanting to try for a while (respectively).

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I was hoping that story would have turned into, "Went for Sierra Nevada but left with 3 cases of Bud Light Platinum"

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I was hoping that story would have turned into, "Went for Sierra Nevada but left with 3 cases of Bud Light Platinum"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09lmXUvAB9M

But with beer

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That's me, but its a buncha PBR instead.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

You'd be surprised but I have some semblance of self respect buried deep down inside me. It's tucked away in some dark corner and I cant seem to finish it off with the typical deluge of self loathing and the constant picking of self doubt.

Anyway the Wild Little thing has way less lactic acid than expected and kinda tastes more like a good strawberry lemonade. If you go into this expecting a florida weisse or some other kettle sour you'll be disappointed, but it's not at all bad. Definitely is in the realm of "not beer." I like it though, the mix of guava and strawberry flavors works well even though I know it's very likely to be artificial. Anyway, the Summer Lager is way better. That's gonna be a repeat buy for sure.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
Nothing artificial in Wild Little Thing, Sierra always does things legit.

Summerfest is the light and the way though, I just wish they'd put it in cans again.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Josh Wow posted:

Nothing artificial in Wild Little Thing, Sierra always does things legit.

Summerfest is the light and the way though, I just wish they'd put it in cans again.

Oh good, my pessimism has likely been due to this hell year but I'm glad to hear it's actually legit and not artificial flavors.

Summer Lager is legit the way though. I feel like such an old man for enjoying classic styles way more than the neomodern poo poo lately. I just wish there was a cheap table saison that was easy to find and regularly priced.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Spanish Manlove posted:

You'd be surprised but I have some semblance of self respect buried deep down inside me. It's tucked away in some dark corner and I cant seem to finish it off with the typical deluge of self loathing and the constant picking of self doubt.

Well ya see, theres yer' problem

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Drinking a 4,5% Pale from Verdant called There Will Be No Intervals. It's a hazy, using quite a bit of wheat, and it's got Simcoe and Mosaic. It's really good! Nice body for such a small beer. Canned on the 12th of May in the UK and shipped over here, so it's quite fresh. A little dank, very nicely balanced and no hop burn.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

thotsky posted:

Drinking a 4,5% Pale from Verdant called There Will Be No Intervals. It's a hazy, using quite a bit of wheat, and it's got Simcoe and Mosaic. It's really good! Nice body for such a small beer. Canned on the 12th of May in the UK and shipped over here, so it's quite fresh. A little dank, very nicely balanced and no hop burn.

Glad you enjoyed it, Verdant have an excellent reputation here in the UK but only a few of their beers make it into our supermarkets. I have to order from Honestbrew to get most of them :(

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

our distributors have indicated that they will want kegs from us in the near future, so yesterday my one brew day this week became four. this is, of course, awesome, although in the short term it means i get to work at least three twelve-hour days since we're packaging a bunch and short-staffed. sure, it's not ideal, but i'll loving take it, goddamn.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

funkybottoms posted:

our distributors have indicated that they will want kegs from us in the near future, so yesterday my one brew day this week became four. this is, of course, awesome, although in the short term it means i get to work at least three twelve-hour days since we're packaging a bunch and short-staffed. sure, it's not ideal, but i'll loving take it, goddamn.

send me pilsner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

deedee megadoodoo posted:

send me pilsner

send me a label, Deidre Mengedoht