Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

is that something that is only possible with hd rumble though, it just seems like "small rumble" or "BIG RUMBO"
absolutely, linear actuators are pretty much just speakers and the rumble patterns are audio files, you can play whatever the gently caress you want on them

youre more describing old school rumble where you have a big and a small erm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

daermon posted:

Final Fantasy stopped being good when it went MMO the first time.

Good Final Fantasy: IV, VI, IX, X, X-2. VII is also good but ugly.

XI was released before X-2

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ff12, 13 series, 14 and 15 are all good dont know about 11 never played it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you, dimly, wearing a dunce cap, looking at boyband roadtrip sim with 4 handsome boys: this is bad to me actually

me, wisely, hand muscles rippling with each button press, my swole bicep tightening as i grip the pad in joy: i found a new recipe

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ugh this forum sometimes

This thread: video games are good
Also this thread: these specific video games are bad

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

daermon posted:

Final Fantasy stopped being good when it went MMO the first time.

Good Final Fantasy: IV, VI, IX, X, X-2. VII is also good but ugly.

I can guess ur age

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

vidoe games are bad

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Stux posted:

you, dimly, wearing a dunce cap, looking at boyband roadtrip sim with 4 handsome boys: this is bad to me actually

me, wisely, hand muscles rippling with each button press, my swole bicep tightening as i grip the pad in joy: i found a new recipe

why are you flexing your biceps from holding a video game controller?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I played FFXV and beat it but it'd be tough for me to say it's good. there's good elements to it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I played FFXV and beat it but it'd be tough for me to say it's good. there's good elements to it

It has the most lovingly rendered food in a video game to date.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

the way the food looks is a plus, the way food works mechanically is a minus

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

There are precisely two good elements: the CD player in the car and 'new recipahhh'.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Stux posted:

theyre good boys

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i stopped playing ff15 like 3 years ago cuz i got distracted from it by xmas and never went back. one day i will. i just hope ff7r hasnt spoiled me too much

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

every new jrpg should also have a shorter condensed version released alongside it. thats what i think

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

I think Monster Hunter has it beat.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

stev posted:

There are precisely two good elements: the CD player in the car and 'new recipahhh'.
prompto excitedly showing you the blurry rear end photos he took of that days adventure is another good one

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

homeless snail posted:

prompto excitedly showing you the blurry rear end photos he took of that days adventure is another good one

this is good. I think the photo I chose at the end is someone falling on their rear end

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
the way he snaps his finger like he think's he is about to win an episode of Iron Chef with the dish he's gonna make and then serving some loving toast gets me every time

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Looper posted:

QTE CTE

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

If someone had just shown me the cinematic where Poseidon or whoever that was loving slams an enemy with a skyscraper sized trident right away I could have saved 16 hours of time I spent playing a game that couldn't tell if it wanted to be a mediocre jrpg or a mediocre character action game

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

dreamless posted:

I think Monster Hunter has it beat.

No way.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I'm glad I now know that chrono trigger is bad and ff13 is good, to think I could have spent the rest of my life uninformed but for checking this thread

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
FFXV was good except for anything to do with fighting soldiers, and everything after the first desert area.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I've never met a Final Fantasy I didn't like

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Looper posted:

just naturally happens even when im asleep

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Giant bomb? More like gently caress I'm too tired to be witty right now
https://twitter.com/tadthuggish/status/1270099912563265536?s=19

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Gripweed posted:

XI was released before X-2

I first played both in 2005 so the gently caress do I know.

Jay Rust posted:

I can guess ur age

Tell me.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

No one has actually played FFXI.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

except for the millions of people that have played ff11, I guess

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

there's going to be a new metal slug but it's probably going to suck

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I never had any friends who played ff11 while it was "popular" but now I have like 6 different coworkers who all did?

Ups night shift brings out some characters

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
The name Shantotto is the entirety of my FFXI knowledge and I played at least a handful of hours of it once.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Final? more like Yet Another

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Looper posted:

he's really into muscles right now in all his bits

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Khanstant posted:

It's called Final Fantasy because Sakaguchi saw the plot of all 15 games at once during a four day acid binge and he thought he was dying.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Khanstant posted:

yet another fantasy fans are called yaffers, and when i'm playing them i tell people to leave me alone cause it's my yaffing time

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

he's really into muscles right now in all his bits

hai, mosto muscular

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'd like to play FFXI, but that seems a bit daunting now. They should rerelease it so there's a new playerbase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I'd like to play FFXI, but that seems a bit daunting now. They should rerelease it so there's a new playerbase
you can do the vast majority of it solo now, and also based on the last time I played ff11 people see new players as total oddities and will heap stuff upon them