Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Yes and extend this to all the Tory ghouls who pretend to be impartial, also the news papers they keep pretending people read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think the last time I looked at a newspaper was the sex line ads in the back of the daily star, because they're loving hilarious.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Saw this on my Facebook feed:

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Jose posted:

fund the documentary crews and make that the entire output of the bbc

Monkey Paw presents the John Ware Panorama Channel

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

punk rebel ecks posted:

If I was less lazy I'd go on that Facebook page & pointed out people hated Churchill in his loving life time. It's not like "Churchill is a divisive figure" is anything but a statement of fact.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Princess Diana came third in that thing and if they held it this year Maddie would be in the top 10

Tim Berner's-Lee only managed 99th place while Boy George was 46th. King Arthur managed 51st place but Bertie Bassett doesn't feature at all

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_Greatest_Britons

crispix fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 8, 2020

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

punk rebel ecks posted:

Britain is pretty good at racism, and Churchill was excellent at it - perhaps he was the greatest?

Pencils R Cool
Feb 16, 2011
https://twitter.com/darrengrimes_/status/1269974452152000512

Genuinely hate this loving Geordie prick, spreading neo-nazi conspiracy theories from his gaming chair. Playing the victim but still getting platformed by the Fair and Balanced BBC because god only knows what this country needs is yet another right-wing 'I sucked my mum's tits until I was 18' bedwetter spewing shite all over the discourse.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

crispix posted:

Princess Diana came third in that thing and if they held it this year Maddie would be in the top 10

Tim Berner's-Lee only managed 99th place while Boy George was 46th. King Arthur managed 51st place but Bertie Bassett doesn't feature at all

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_Greatest_Britons
10: Oliver Cromwell

e: gently caress me Enoch Powell's on it

Borrovan fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 8, 2020

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Borrovan posted:

10: Oliver Cromwell
He did execute the Rapist of Leicester and ban Christmas, and for that we still owe him some thanks.

Borrovan posted:

e: gently caress me Enoch Powell
Worst Rock Me Amadeus cover.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm not caught up on the thread so I'm sure the terrible takes on Colston have been done to death, but just lmao at making your great and noble Twitter stand on this

https://twitter.com/andrew_lilico/status/1269716743586484226

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

You can't even run a massive slavery empire without the SJWs complaining these days

^^^ some tweet earlier had one of his old tweets in the replies, saying if eastern Europeans want to pull down statues of Marx and Lenin that's their choice

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jun 8, 2020

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010

Pencils R Cool posted:

https://twitter.com/darrengrimes_/status/1269974452152000512

Genuinely hate this loving Geordie prick, spreading neo-nazi conspiracy theories from his gaming chair. Playing the victim but still getting platformed by the Fair and Balanced BBC because god only knows what this country needs is yet another right-wing 'I sucked my mum's tits until I was 18' bedwetter spewing shite all over the discourse.

Isn't he way too young to be using the phrase 'cultural Marxist'?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean yes it is the symbol of the rule of law, which is to say the law said he could trade slaves to get filthy rich and helped him do it.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

crazyvanman posted:

Sadly for the world, you're never too young to start spouting fash dogwhistles.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

crazyvanman posted:

Wee babby's trying to get in on the cool grift by regurgitating stuff he found on youtube.

Should really have took up camming instead, much more honest work.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Didn't Churchill cause a mass famine in India over petty reasons and killed over a million people?

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

crazyvanman posted:

He's part of the Turning Point ______ grifting gravy train, it's probably one of the buzzwords he's contractually obligated to use. Seriously, their president has this bizarre way of formatting his tweets:
https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1270044990639501325
and when he hires people from other right-wing booster networks,a lot of them suddenly shift to that formatting as well, I think they have an internal stylebook or something.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

Didn't Churchill cause a mass famine in India over petty reasons and killed over a million people?

Yep.

He also completerly and arguably arbitrarily abandoned the channel islands to the nazis.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Not convinved that tpusa isn't just a twink harem anime.

Like you're hiring a load of boys and making them wear nappies pretty sure it's someone's kink.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

punk rebel ecks posted:

https://libcom.org/blog/the-peccadillos-winston-churchill-12082008

quote:

Following a few questions and misconceptions on the man himself, I thought I'd reiterate a few of them to balance things out a bit.

The grand old man of Conservative politics, Winston Churchill has been revered for telling Britain to buck up and keep going under the bombing raids of the Luftwaffe. But outside this reasonably useful propaganda work, there's a less widely-known part of dear old Winston's personal history which is often glossed over.

etc etc

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

If I was less lazy I'd go on that Facebook page & pointed out people hated Churchill in his loving life time. It's not like "Churchill is a divisive figure" is anything but a statement of fact.

Churchill was booed out of the East End the one time he visited it during the blitz (highlight line - "You're not on the rations are you, you fat oval office?").

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/Frenchd0gblues/status/1270050171162894337

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

Richard Burton got banned from the BBC for writing two articles about Churchill being a piece of poo poo. He was a good egg.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

it took like five people just to roll it along the street, but i'm sure these guys will be able to lift it out from the bottom of a river just through dickhead manliness alone

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
https://twitter.com/RoRyxotic/status/1269698079000846340

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The mind utterly loving boggles.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

thespaceinvader posted:

The mind utterly loving boggles.

Maybe they’re going to sell it for scrap.

:iiam:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

those pics are in the wrong order surely

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Pencils R Cool posted:

if you're complaining about him being platformed you might do better not to be reposting his tweets

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The colston statue was built and commissioned by his slavish, bootlicking, followers nearly 200 years after his death because his image was completely shattered by the abolition act in 1833. That statue was built nearly 60 years later in uh, 1895, when the anchor society tried to basically whitewash colstons history by erecting a statue stating how great he was, because he set up a bunch of charities which essentially did nothing but lobby for slavery, lmao.

It's not a historical statue of note, it's a PR stunt by his goons and racists to try and cover up his slavery links. It's like the confederate statues put up 200 years after the confederecy.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
There's a pretty massive difference between posting his tweets in a thread full of left-wingers on a dead internet forum to call him a prick, and letting him go on the telly or the radio or whatever to offer his terrible opinions on things he has no possible expertise in (as far as I can tell, solely on the basis that he was the only guy under 50 that leave.eu could find to spout brexit poo poo who could remember not to use ethnic slurs)

I don't think anyone here is likely to be won over by the poundland charlie shapiros spicy takes about antifa supersoldiers

e: not going to post the grimes tweet I just saw this on, out of respect for everyone, but this guy definitely wants to gently caress the statue

XMNN fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jun 8, 2020

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Antifa supersoldiers are real, I've seen them and they were making babies and one of the babies looked at me

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

XMNN posted:

There's a pretty massive difference between posting his tweets in a thread full of left-wingers on a dead internet forum to call him a prick, and letting him go on the telly or the radio or whatever to offer his terrible opinions on things he has no possible expertise in (as far as I can tell, solely on the basis that he was the only guy under 50 that leave.eu could find to spout brexit poo poo who could remember not to use ethnic slurs)

I don't think anyone here is likely to be won over by the poundland charlie shapiros spicy takes about antifa supersoldiers

mainly I'm complaining because I'm really not a fan of all the "check out this terrible article/tweet" posts this thread generates

if I wanted to look at terrible takes it would take about five seconds of searching on Twitter, there's no need for people to post them ITT

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Julio Cruz posted:

mainly I'm complaining because I'm really not a fan of all the "check out this terrible article/tweet" posts this thread generates

if I wanted to look at terrible takes it would take about five seconds of searching on Twitter, there's no need for people to post them ITT

I'm sorry the thread isn't tailored exactly to your specific preferences but I'm sure there's people who stay well clear of Twitter and enjoy the odd shittake in the thread for mocking value.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
It translates as 'down with the police'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ft9iuZu0AI

From a list here: https://forward.com/culture/448163/your-top-9-yiddish-antifa-anthems-a-revolutionary-playlist/

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/ASPolice/status/1270059456655695873

lmao

how many times do we have to teach you this lesson old man

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Darren Grimes' success is a real sore spot for me. The left has...Owen Jones I guess? And Owen seems like a fairly Correct guy, but one who had to put in an arseload of work writing books and writing for the Guardian back when it was just poo poo and not full on self-parody. Grimes got dark-monied to his position and exists and a profound example of the power structures in this country.

He's not aristocracy, he hasn't gained his position through loving a dead pig in a death cult at Cambridge, he was simply the face that some powerful people wanted in the media, so he is. Our fourth estate is so utterly broken that this kid is given an uncritical seat on news programs all the time.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Julio Cruz posted:

I tend to agree for Weetman and other complete nobodies (although I am definitely guilty of it), but I'm pretty sure Grimes is still being booked on the BBC semi-regularly so he's not just some random moron on twitter (just a moron, on twitter). Like Brendan O'Neill or someone.

XMNN fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jun 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

winegums posted:

Darren Grimes' success is a real sore spot for me. The left has...Owen Jones I guess? And Owen seems like a fairly Correct guy, but one who had to put in an arseload of work writing books and writing for the Guardian back when it was just poo poo and not full on self-parody. Grimes got dark-monied to his position and exists and a profound example of the power structures in this country.

He's not aristocracy, he hasn't gained his position through loving a dead pig in a death cult at Cambridge, he was simply the face that some powerful people wanted in the media, so he is. Our fourth estate is so utterly broken that this kid is given an uncritical seat on news programs all the time.

Owen Jones is probably the single most leftist voice in the mainstream media, which is utterly terrifying.

Even the likes of Ash Sarkar or Aaron bastani are only really invited on in occasional guest slots, and more radical leftist voices like AAV are just relegated to facebook shares and stuff.

The loving state of the media in this country.