Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Why don't people delete their old posts before being on a major TV show?

Also gently caress, that sucks that he is/was that type of person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cartoons123
Nov 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/bymeg/status/1270055670994198528?s=20

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ralph you piece of poo poo.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Well poo poo, shame to lose the performance, but that's a got to go situation.

GreenNight posted:

Why don't people delete their old posts before being on a major TV show?

Also gently caress, that sucks that he is/was that type of person.

By the same token, do shows just not look at this stuff before they cast someone?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You'd think his fuckin agent would make sure that poo poo was all wiped. Bet his agency drops him too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ralph has to permanently stretch his face for some reason.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

No, no, they'll just introduce an all new stretchy guy.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
gently caress it, replace him with Plastic Man. No explanation. Ralph's plot continues as-is, only with Eel instead of Ralph. Everyone acts as though nothing has happened.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

somebody get Mehcad Brooks on the phone

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

lol time to see if they can come up with a worse way to handle an actor leaving the show than Batwoman has.

Holy gently caress though, this was sudden. The gently caress is with 2020? :stare:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No more racism allowed.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

God loving dammit, now we'll probably never get a Ralph and Sue wedding. Glad he's gone, but holy poo poo that's a pretty big shock.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why is it so hard to NOT be a piece of poo poo?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Rhyno posted:

No more racism allowed.

Eric Wallace is taking no prisoners.

https://twitter.com/ewrote/status/1270054340607143937

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ralph Dibney, the E-xtremely Racist Man.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
DO NOT DISPARAGE THE CHARACTER OF RALPH DIBNEY

Hartley Sawyer is the guilty party here

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I wonder if they'll keep Sue around.

cartoons123
Nov 7, 2013

nooneofconsequence posted:

I wonder if they'll keep Sue around.

Best Case Scenario for the actress: They finish her plotline and figure out some way to keep her around sans Ralph in a recurring role. The actual Expected Scenario is they'll prob finish her plotline and then write her out. I feel bad for the actress in all this

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

They already have an out to write her off the show, she's on the run for the murder she didn't commit, Ralph went with her to keep her safe, and we're never going to talk about it ever again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

howe_sam posted:

They already have an out to write her off the show, she's on the run for the murder she didn't commit, Ralph went with her to keep her safe, and we're never going to talk about it ever again.

They'll probably do a thing where they're gone and then reintroduce them with a new actor and claim that something happened to Ralph during the trip to change his face and he can't change back.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Is Panabaker also known for being racist or something? At least one comment in that twitter storm mentions her being a problem for Patton at one point.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc6mocUAoeE

Goddammit Ralph was the best thing about this show for seasons, and now he's gone.

Phylodox posted:

gently caress it, replace him with Plastic Man. No explanation. Ralph's plot continues as-is, only with Eel instead of Ralph. Everyone acts as though nothing has happened.

Sold.

howe_sam posted:

They can get help from Draco Malfoy Julian from season 3 in the zone of forgotten side characters

In all honesty I wish they'd just recast him and let the show go on, but apparently Batwoman is showing us that the Arrowverse writers/producers think peoples' minds can't handle something like a simple actor change

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 8, 2020

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

latinotwink1997 posted:

Is Panabaker also known for being racist or something? At least one comment in that twitter storm mentions her being a problem for Patton at one point.

That's a ship war thing being escalated. I wouldn't be shell-shocked if Panabaker was racist (it's america, racism is insidious and omnipresent) but it's all conjecture.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

DoctorWhat posted:

That's a ship war thing being escalated. I wouldn't be shell-shocked if Panabaker was racist (it's america, racism is insidious and omnipresent) but it's all conjecture.

Yeah, the comment I saw was just that she has an "I'll call the cops on you feel" rather than anything she's actually said or did. Felt like as just stereotyping the sort of extremely ordinary white Hallmark actress she generally presents herself as. So sure, wouldn't be a shock, but only in the sense that it's never surprising when a randomly chosen wholesome/boring white person turns out to be pretty racist.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
She definitely has a print of "Live, Laugh, Love" hanging somewhere in her house unironically.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ralph can stretch anything... but the truth

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

If I had a wife I would beat the hell out of her tonight lol

As a lad, one of my favorite activities was kidnapping homeless women and cutting off their breasts

Ice Breakers: all women should be in sex farms

Outside of the 7-11 where I assaulted my ex girlfriend lol

Hey girl - I beat the poo poo out of my dog when I am mildly upset

I like women who are good in the sack. The burlap sack where I put my victims.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Maybe they can just say Barry hosed with the timeline again and erased someone else

poo poo just do that for Batwoman too

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jun 9, 2020

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Ralph is definitely a character where they could change his physical appearance (i.e. recast) and it wouldn't even stretch what little imagination the producers seem to think viewers have. They could say he got zapped or affected with a chemical that altered him down to the DNA and molecular level such that he's permanently physically changed.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Xelkelvos posted:

Ralph is definitely a character where they could change his physical appearance (i.e. recast) and it wouldn't even stretch what little imagination the producers seem to think viewers have. They could say he got zapped or affected with a chemical that altered him down to the DNA and molecular level such that he's permanently physically changed.
Go deeper

Ralph is the new Harrison Wells this season.

The plotline for season 7 is that everyone is becoming Wells.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SardonicTyrant posted:

Go deeper

Ralph is the new Harrison Wells this season.

The plotline for season 7 is that everyone is becoming Wells.

As cool as it would be to have an Oops, All Wellses! season, it’s kind of cruel to Tom Cavanaugh to make him play every role on the show at the same time.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Eh just write off the character and move on. I feel like making some elaborate actor change just draws attention to it in a bad way. They already have a good ensemble they can split up work between.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Yeah, they literally had the character out of town for half of this past season and it didn't impact their storytelling at all. Like someone earlier said, just have Barry say that Ralph and Sue left town to work on clearing her name, and then let them both fade from memory.

Or have Sue stick around and take over Ralph's powers, claiming some kind of sexy accident. That works too.

Edit: In hindsight it's kind of funny that both Caitlin and Cisco were rumored to be leaving the show, but instead it's the one nobody suspected.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

As cool as it would be to have an Oops, All Wellses! season, it’s kind of cruel to Tom Cavanaugh to make him play every role on the show at the same time.

Legends spoilers

They wouldn't even let there be 2 Zaris in the next season because it's too exhausting to fiddle with the same actor as 2 characters long term. It's obviously completely off the table.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
it's been interesting to see the reaction online. The cast seemed to like him but Grant Gustin seemed to be ok with it, so who knows what he was like?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

More douche stars need to realize it and do a face turn like Amell did.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I'm not sure losing Ralph and Sue would harm the show to be honest. It might even improve it. It's been clear the past couple of seasons that the show is kinda bursting at the seams. They have more cast members than they know what to do with and too many powered folk. Refocusing on Barry could be an improvement. They can always recast him down the road if they want to use the character for something; particularly given Ralf's power set.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The Lord Bude posted:

I'm not sure losing Ralph and Sue would harm the show to be honest. It might even improve it. It's been clear the past couple of seasons that the show is kinda bursting at the seams. They have more cast members than they know what to do with and too many powered folk. Refocusing on Barry could be an improvement. They can always recast him down the road if they want to use the character for something; particularly given Ralf's power set.

There's more elastic people in DC than there are knifey-slashy people in Marvel, they wouldn't have any problem introducing someone new if they want to play with stretchy powers again. Especially after the metaverse merger.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

McSpanky posted:

There's more elastic people in DC than there are knifey-slashy people in Marvel, they wouldn't have any problem introducing someone new if they want to play with stretchy powers again. Especially after the metaverse merger.

I'm sorry to report that Elongated Man died in a car crash. But here's our new friend, Pat O'brien!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

twistedmentat posted:

I'm sorry to report that Elongated Man died in a car crash. But here's our new friend, Pat O'brien!

The guitarist of Cannibal Corpse? Nice.

edit: Apart from 92 guns and 2 flamethrowers.

spookygonk fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jun 9, 2020