Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
If anyone can figure out how get TA escalation working, I'll give you a cookie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Fallom posted:

it's even better than i expected

they even recreated the EVA setup video and had it refer to the HD upgrade process

Can confirm this is well worth 20 bucks. You can even remap the controls to right click like more modern RTS games used.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Finally sold my surface pro 4. gently caress that thing. Can’t say I’d ever recommend a surface tbh. Though it was crucial for school, being able to annotate powerpoints. That’s about it though for me—nothing but a headache.

Officially dual booting on a Mac

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Finally sold my surface pro 4. gently caress that thing. Can’t say I’d ever recommend a surface tbh. Though it was crucial for school, being able to annotate powerpoints. That’s about it though for me—nothing but a headache.

Officially dual booting on a Mac

Its great for running my Skype (or whatever our Skype Clone is). I don't trust it for much though. Its like a shiny bauble when I do all of my heavy lifting on other devices. I bought it for school as well, and now its used for conference calls.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

is anyone at all excited for xbox s or ps5

kojima and fighting games are on pc now so between my pc and switch im good

i have one friend who is a ms fanboy who is excited for xbox, but besides him no one else cares. Maybe im just too old at this point.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I've got Animal Crossing to pass the time until Paper Mario. The most adventurous I'm gonna get is if I reboot Skyrim Remastered on the Xbone.

Although, we get out of mostly-lockdown on Friday, so maybe I'll get more motivated to leave the house and therefore get more motivated to explore the vidya game backlog. My job is so screen-time heavy that its hard to want to turn the TV on afterwards other than to clean up my gardens in AC.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

animal crossing has been a blessing in all this

also on another note- minecraft dungeons is gauntlet/diablo for kids. its fun with my 8 year old.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

is anyone at all excited for xbox s or ps5

kojima and fighting games are on pc now so between my pc and switch im good

i have one friend who is a ms fanboy who is excited for xbox, but besides him no one else cares. Maybe im just too old at this point.

I'll buy a PS5 solely for the sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

I'll buy a PS5 solely for the sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn.

oooh poo poo is that a launch title? I'll be on that. Love me some Aloy.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'll buy a new xbox eventually, just not at launch price.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

if a new switch model/"pro" model comes out ill be on that immediately

otherwise i have a 1080gtx with plays everything i do now at max and I got enough of a backlog on my switch to feel bad about buying any more games

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

GD_American posted:

oooh poo poo is that a launch title? I'll be on that. Love me some Aloy.

Unknown at this time. I expect we'll find out soon. But that has been the prevailing theory for the past year or two.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

kojima used the HZD engine for death stranding, so jd imagine they've improved on it with that

they did a great job of making the UI feel pretty much like they did in the Fox engine, but man it really showed in the huge vista scenes

im super excited to get it on pc

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I’m pretty excited for the new Xbox, but I’ve also got a beast of a gaming PC.

Any of you guys play Disco Elysium? I’ve been playing it for a little while and it’s almost like the perfect RPG in my opinion. It’s a great game if you haven’t checked it out yet- got all kinds of awards in 2019.

A++, would recommend.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Any of you guys play Disco Elysium? I’ve been playing it for a little while and it’s almost like the perfect RPG in my opinion. It’s a great game if you haven’t checked it out yet- got all kinds of awards in 2019.

A++, would recommend.

I did and the ending was perfect imho I would love to see a prequel or sequel based around Pinball Kim

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Hekk posted:

Can confirm this is well worth 20 bucks. You can even remap the controls to right click like more modern RTS games used.

I don't know if my brain can accept C&C and right clicking.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I'll eventually buy a PS5, I have a nice gaming PC, but my kids have been using it a lot for Roblox, so I've been spending more time with my PS4.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Been playing a couple of hours of C&C Remastered, and I love all the little details, starting with the way they redid the intro.
I use the resolution-switching pretty frequently just for repeated hints of nostalgia while playing, and it's just an overall fun remake.

But boy howdy, the loving pathing.

I mean, I get that awful AI pathing is part of the original experience, but I didn't think they'd leave the completely unadulterated suffering in the remake.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

welcome to DOS games BITCH

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

sorry duzzy i love you pls dont take that personally

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Been playing a couple of hours of C&C Remastered, and I love all the little details, starting with the way they redid the intro.
I use the resolution-switching pretty frequently just for repeated hints of nostalgia while playing, and it's just an overall fun remake.

I mean, I get that awful AI pathing is part of the original experience, but I didn't think they'd leave the completely unadulterated suffering in the remake.

Don't play on hard.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I played the first few GDI missions, then swapped to Red Alert. C&C is fun but RA is just so loving good. Also RA has hell march.

E) I'd totally forgotten how evil they made the Soviets though, their first mission is literally just slaughtering a village :stare:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Please, those people were very bad

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

They had like nukes or something, that's why they had to specify no prisoners, no survivors

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I'm gonna play through the NOD campaign, because when I first got c&c, I started out as GDI, but man am j looking forward to playing RA.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm fine with it. They were a small team and redoing the AI probably would've meant rebalancing every mission in the game(s), plus there's always that group of folks that wants everything to be true to the original.

Somebody already made a mod for modern pathfinding, too:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2121899275

It's just pathfinding and doesn't touch any behaviors so maybe it doesn't break anything?

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 9, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I played the first few GDI missions, then swapped to Red Alert. C&C is fun but RA is just so loving good. Also RA has hell march.

E) I'd totally forgotten how evil they made the Soviets though, their first mission is literally just slaughtering a village :stare:

I mean everyone involved in making it were cold war kids

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Yeah the C&C remaster is exactly what is should be. It doesn’t need to be a remake to recapture the nostalgia and the hd graphics are a perfect compliment and in keeping with the original theme of the game.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Milo and POTUS posted:

I mean everyone involved in making it were cold war kids

Oh yea totally, I was more surprised that I didn't remember the game being that ruthless.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1270703138199277570

yay

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vas are you ready for the new PoE league? 9 more days

Or is this your bye league?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I play every league.

This one looks to be a lot more chill than Delirium, which is good because Delirium was cranked to 11 and god drat that gets stressful.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vasudus posted:

I play every league.

This one looks to be a lot more chill than Delirium, which is good because Delirium was cranked to 11 and god drat that gets stressful.

Yeah I followed the Delirium league patch notes and watched some playthroughs and I was like nah I don't really like this league's mechanic so I'm gonna sit it out. Hopefully this one is better, from what I gathered it involves literally growing monsters like crops in order to kill them for loot?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

orange juche posted:

Yeah I followed the Delirium league patch notes and watched some playthroughs and I was like nah I don't really like this league's mechanic so I'm gonna sit it out. Hopefully this one is better, from what I gathered it involves literally growing monsters like crops in order to kill them for loot?

Yep. You kill monsters to get seeds (they are stored in a special thing) which you plant in a garden. When you harvest them, you have to kill them and they give life force. You can use that life force to apply very special crafting mods.

It's very low key compared to Delirium but it looks good.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I watched a buddy play PoE on twitch the last 2 days and it kills me to not be able to give him advice on how to not have a hard time because he wants to learn it on his own. Currently he's in act3 on a Shadow, didn't want a build guide or any advice and is trying to figure it out himself and he's using transmute orbs on random unlinked whites he picks up and it hurts me so much, but hey its a voyage of discovery. I just hope he doesn't quit when the difficulty cranks way the hell up and he realizes he's completely hosed his build up.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Second straight session RingFit wanted me to do mountain climbers in a battle gym, gently caress that noise

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

is ringfit good

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

It probably is but I don't know if it's $200 good, which is what resellers are hawking it for on online stores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

is ringfit good

orange juche posted:

It probably is but I don't know if it's $200 good, which is what resellers are hawking it for on online stores.

I got it soon after release as a supplemental for when I didn't want to go to the gym. It is a fun gamification of exercising and has good alternatives if you live in close proximity to those who wouldn't like you running in place.

If you can find it for regular price and are looking for something to spice up your exercise routine, go for it