Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I mean I get a constant trickle of whispers while I'm running random missions of "I'd like to buy your X mod for 8-20 plat", maybe 70% of the time they're still willing to trade after I extract, and even that kind of constant trickle of plat is more than enough to outpace my platinum burn rate for potato's and forma.

There is already very little friction in trading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think the only thing keeping prices somewhat high is the lack of a built-in auction house. if you didn't have to go through the whole song and dance every time you want to buy a 10p mod, nothing would have value. it's annoying as hell but i like being able to make plat as needed.

This is pretty much why an ingame auction house is a disastrous idea.

New primes already tank in mere hours after release. The new riven market is going to take a massive hit if they start out crappy.

A situation where newbies cannot reasonably earn plat is not a good one.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
PoE's had years of arguments about having automated trading an an in-game auction house, GGG has stuck to their guns of never implementing it because that very friction is essential to prevent the prices of items from asymptotically converging towards the minimum equilibrium price.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I suppose that does make sense, and I suppose it does benefit the playerbase in general by making plat more available to everyone so I'll accept it.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Honestly, the only people the riven change benefits are speculators. The guys who bet on whether a new weapon will get buffed and cause riven prices to skyrocket, et cetera.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

What blows me away is that whenever I talk to maroo, there are people trying to actually trade there

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
As someone with an MR28, a stockpile of everything, and enough plat to not have to worry about mandatory needs like slots, I'll hate the riven changes because that was how I made my trickle of platinum that kept things rolling. It also means 100% of the common rewards from sorties are effectively worthless instead of the current 60% or whatever percentage is pistol rivens and sculptures.

As someone with an MR6 on xbone and no clan/friends/etc support? I'm hosed. The market barely seems to exist on consoles to begin with and without a nice 20-50p shot in the arm once in a while you're going to be hard-pressed to cover essentials without spending money. The non-cash option turns into being a constantly-online jobless prime parts vendor and cracking all day.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

"[DE posted:

Rebecca"]A couple general notes of improvements coming with the next update (based on feedback here, and in general):
  • Upon falling/jumping off a platform in the Weave, you’ll now be teleported back to the main platform instead of failing the Weave.
  • The non-existent aim-gliding in the Weave was the root of many Weave failures, which is why we have added the teleport. It’s still the Glassmakers game though, so use your time wisely!
  • The amount of Cephalite Resonance to enter the Weave has been cut in half. The requirement is now 5 instead of 10.
  • Your Cephalite Resonance count, as well as the amount required for the Weave, is now displayed upon hover on the Glassmaker crime scene Episode selector.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfwlktf3_x4

also protea trailer

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

lol remember when people thought nightwave episodes would come out and cephalite would be an issue

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Just tested my bramma in regular SO... still slaps.

temple fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 9, 2020

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
Thanks for the replies yesterday in this topic; read them all while playing / checking things out and they are very helpful.

I don't quite grasp the Disposition term yet, but I was just wondering if I should trade as a new player. Is it only new / very rare things that are worth some plat, or will I be able to sell certain things quite easily for a low amount of plat?
I've only come across one Riven mod so far (nearing MR10) so those seem really rare. I intend to buy some plat when I ever get a 50/75% discount, but those seem very rare sadly.

Also quite proud I actually did the M9 challenge (stealth) with a lot of practice. I got a bit blocked if I failed the 3rd stage as it threw off the timing. I then tried to see if guards on the ground could actually see me if I was on a pillar (they can't). Then I tried a jump - crash attack on the first 3 guards, all at once. Apparantly that counted as a stealth kill. :) I hate stealth stuff, but I must say that felt quite rewarding.
In the meantime, I am nearly rank 10. Few more Orokin Cells and I can make and use my Redeemer Prime.

The Fulmin I got advised is fantastic! I forma'd it twice now, 3rd on the way. It def needs quite a lot of forma to get all the mods in, but it's very worth it. Damage is ace, the soft-sound of the single shots is lovely and with some multishot and punch-through it clears really well. No Ammo worries is a huge QoL on my level as well.
Once it's forma'd again, I will be pushing for my Lich to get a great secondary and take it from there.
Rhino is still my fav frame, strangely, although seeing Gauss yesterday from Hutter in a sortie... That thing seemed great.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I've done the mr9 test on pc and switch, both times I caved and got a banshee/redeemer to cheese it

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
It's a bit weird. When i started playing warframe it always felt to me like a very deliberate PVE game that relished in its power spike outliers, where the broken poo poo was the reward for making it through a lot of its grindier aspects and obscure, terribly explained and surfaced systems. Almost as if it was joyfully prioritizing absurd power fantasy over the concept of balancing a purely PVE experience. Basically the only thing DE seemed to frown on was purely afk "not playing the game is the best way to play the game" farm techniques.

The bramma and dispo changes feel like a continuation trend that started semi-recently, where a lot of it feels like theyre pretending to try to make warframe into a "regular" sane game by harshly punching down the very absurdities whose existence defines the silly character of warframe for me. I can see DE's reasoning, but i don't think i enjoy it or (in a pure PVE game) think it's needed anywhere as much they seem to focus on it.

But maybe my reference timeframe is just too short and this isn't actually a new mindset from them. I just know that while i was often barely using "the broken meta" before their changes stuff like the massive falloffs actually narrowed my selection choice variety down to a few "new meta" options. Which feels like the opposite of their stated goal.

tl,dr: idk if i like or have faith in a DE attempting to nerf-"balance" my favorite absurd space body horror explosion simulator

Malloc Voidstar posted:

glass garbage improvements
It's worrying how absurdly glaringly obvious this poo poo was on day 1 of release and how they didn't anticipate it before or didn't hotfix it in the first week. Not that it matters with the apparent pace of glassmaker "case" releases, but still

Reminds me a lot of the first months of railjack mk3 reactor rolls. Someone honestly thought capacity vs ability energy was an interesting choice, back at a time when
abilities barely tickled basic fighters, and it was stuck like that for months.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jun 9, 2020

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

el dingo posted:

I've done the mr9 test on pc and switch, both times I caved and got a banshee/redeemer to cheese it

I got that recommended as well and Banshee is actually currently in production if I would keep failing. However, I felt I had most of it down in the practice runs, except the third wave (specifically 3rd guard kill). I was doing a few trials yesterday before my second "real" attempt and tried to stand on a pillar and look at the patterns a bit.
Those first three guards and the third wave at some point stand near eachother. Figured I'd land on them with a slam attack and that worked out. Made the rest quite trivial. I still hate this type of challenge / gameplay in any game, though.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Acht posted:

I don't quite grasp the Disposition term yet, but I was just wondering if I should trade as a new player. Is it only new / very rare things that are worth some plat, or will I be able to sell certain things quite easily for a low amount of plat?

Disposition is just a weapon-specific rating of how good the mod is. Your brand new Fulmin riven might have +100% multishot, but then DE decides Fulmin is too popular so they change the disposition and now your mod has +30% multishot.

Everything will sell for some amount of plat, given a long enough timeline. High demand things like just-released prime parts, long-vaulted primes, rivens, and annoying-to-grind-for stuff sells faster and for higher amounts than your 20th Paris Prime Lower Limb. Baro existing means all prime parts, even trash, have some value.

Rivens come from daily sorties, and you'll eventually accumulate enough that you get angry about having to purchase additional riven slots with plat.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Acht posted:

I've only come across one Riven mod so far (nearing MR10) so those seem really rare. I intend to buy some plat when I ever get a 50/75% discount, but those seem very rare sadly.

Get yourself registered on https://warframe.market/ as it's the easiest and most pain free to do all the trading and you can look through to get an idea of what the market value for most things are. I would avoid trade chat at all costs, unless you're someone that enjoys the chase of trawling through lots of spam in hopes of that one good deal / pulling a fast one on someone else.

As for rivens, 95% of the time they're going to be junk to everyone. Either turn it into a project because you like the gun, melt it down, or transmute it off. The cases where they're worth trading are unveiled, unrolled meta weapon, or meta weapon you've invested a painful amount of time getting a perfect roll for.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, no one is ever going to buy most rivens. there are too many, and too few are ever worth using. on the upside, many players refuse to accept this so you can easily buy cheap rivens for any weapon aside from a handful of overpriced meta darlings. it only gets expensive when you want one that already has good stats. thankfully, rolling rivens isn't quite as painful any more thanks to nightwave and liches.

the whole pricing discussion comes from how new weapons started with a decent dispo, and also they were new and shiny and possibly grotesquely overpowered. so, getting a riven for one of those weapons while it was new was a drat fine moneymaker. i guess the meta will shift to prime weapons now, or at least until they stop inheriting dispo from the original version.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Mailer posted:

Disposition is just a weapon-specific rating of how good the mod is. Your brand new Fulmin riven might have +100% multishot, but then DE decides Fulmin is too popular so they change the disposition and now your mod has +30% multishot.

So it's basically a fixed system to buff/nerf weapons. It... makes some sense I presume. I take it it causes a lot of rage when someone sees their amazing Riven being dispositioned into oblivion?

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Acht posted:

So it's basically a fixed system to buff/nerf weapons. It... makes some sense I presume. I take it it causes a lot of rage when someone sees their amazing Riven being dispositioned into oblivion?

The idea originally was that someone with an amazing riven could put it on a garbage gun and make it usable. But what we got was that instead, so yeah.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

temple posted:

Dispo is a good idea in theory but it only pisses people off. It serves no other purpose.

Dispo isn't a good idea in theory either.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Guilty posted:

The idea originally was that someone with an amazing riven could put it on a garbage gun and make it usable. But what we got was that instead, so yeah.
The fact that this basic concept of "use this to make C-Tier mr fodder into something hilarious and usable" should be so simple and yet they've done so poorly with the existing implementation doesn't give me a lot of faith for their new approach. But hey, hopefully they'll prove me wrong.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

It's a bit weird. When i started playing warframe it always felt to me like a very deliberate PVE game that relished in its power spike outliers, where the broken poo poo was the reward for making it through a lot of its grindier aspects and obscure, terribly explained and surfaced systems. Almost as if it was joyfully prioritizing absurd power fantasy over the concept of balancing a purely PVE experience. Basically the only thing DE seemed to frown on was purely afk "not playing the game is the best way to play the game" farm techniques.

The bramma and dispo changes feel like a continuation trend that started semi-recently, where a lot of it feels like theyre pretending to try to make warframe into a "regular" sane game by harshly punching down the very absurdities whose existence defines the silly character of warframe for me. I can see DE's reasoning, but i don't think i enjoy it or (in a pure PVE game) think it's needed anywhere as much they seem to focus on it.

They usualy bring out the nerf bat when something becomes the defacto best in slot and spikes in the usage department far beyond everything else. Catchmoon, Ember, Greedy pull mag, 360 degree peacemaker, draco, resoquacke banshee. Lots of things have been hit with the bat over the years.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Sandweed posted:

Greedy pull mag, 360 degree peacemaker, draco, resoquacke banshee. Lots of things have been hit with the bat over the years.
I see, those were before my time, fair enough then. Although, considering Mesa and Ember vs Mag and Banshee usage these days i guess some of their bat-swings are more hit than miss.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jun 9, 2020

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
tbh, riven dispo is a good enough system. it's a bit too simple to address the worst <bad weapon> issues, but that's usually a weapon ~feel~ rather than a numbers problem anyway.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I see, those were before my time, fair enough then. Although, considering Mesa and Ember vs Mag and Banshee usage these days i guess some of their bat-swings are more hit than miss.

When mesa was introduced you didn't even need to aim, she would just murder everything in her line of sight.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Instead of nerfing the Bramma they should have buffed some of the lesser used kuva weapons.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

smallmouth posted:

Instead of nerfing the Bramma they should have buffed some of the lesser used kuva weapons.

The Bramma was an absolutely wild outlier and nerfing it was the correct decision. People constantly trot out that "but it's a PvE game!" canard, but power creep has implications for encounter and enemy design. It's not a coincidence that as weapons and frames get stronger, enemies have to keep getting tankier, more reliant on invulnerability phases or just straight-up ignoring frame powers, etc -- and then old favorites become obsolete and aren't fun to use any more. Imbalance makes the game worse.

They should also periodically buff underperforming weapons, though. No reason they couldn't do both. They're just unlikely to do so because buffing old stuff that most players already have doesn't drive spending, while an obviously overperforming option makes future releases less appealing by comparison.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
I think a alright nerf for the bramma is keeping the fast charge but giving it a 1-1.5 sec renock time, move n shoot explodly bow, not this bs spam nuke weapon. also, more use for primed fast hands!

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Mailer posted:

Given that... the logical solution to the whole disposition debate is to just wait ~3 months before releasing a riven for a new weapon, and then give that new riven the proper starting disposition using actual data.

As a bonus, this would double the PR/release events DE gets for each new weapon.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rivens work fine for the many unpopular weapons. there are very few innately flawed guns left, and pretty much no bad melee weapons. so for all these mediocre guns rivens work perfectly well to elevate them.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Can someone explain to me baruuk's cycles like I'm five? I copied the pure str build and am loving it, but I'm struggling to keep my restraint down. I basically feel like I'm an Inaros upgrade with lull, can't seem to use my four that often.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
use his 2 exclusively for keeping restraint down. cast it very frequently. you won't get any other benefits from it, as the cc effect has a delay before it activates, but each enemy it tags drops your restraint.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Look for big groups of red on the map, jump into the middle and press 2 before killing.

Use at least Stretch to make your daggers fire off more efficiently.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
LoS matters so bullet jumping up and then hitting it helps

Blhue fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 9, 2020

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

dont want to jinx it but deadlock protocol is actually looking like a sweet update..

Guilty
May 3, 2003

gnoma posted:

Look for big groups of red on the map, jump into the middle and press 2 before killing.

Use at least Stretch to make your daggers fire off more efficiently.

I think I'm loving up on the daggers cause I got like -45 range, guess I'll put in another forma

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

slow_twitch posted:

dont want to jinx it but deadlock protocol is actually looking like a sweet update..

I like the new Corpus tilesets, but the new frame is all over the drat place her powerset is like really weird.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

She has a Tracer-esque rewind ability, the ability to drop a turret, resupply, and throw grenades so yeah shes' the lovechild of Tracer and Booben

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Dreadwroth2 posted:

I like the new Corpus tilesets, but the new frame is all over the drat place her powerset is like really weird.

Protea feels very much like a result of all the "just let us play as the Team Fortress Engineer" feedback they got during the Vauban rework

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i support their aims of 'let's make vauban except good and fun this time'