Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Serephina posted:

I really have no idea what the appeal of Satisfactory is, other than its shiny gfx maybe.

Every video makes it seem like someone tried to distill Grind down to its most potent essence, and make it a means unto itself. You harvest resources and do a shitton of busywork in order to... unlock the next stage of busywork? It's like all the bad parts of a crafting minigame with no end result of having a completed doodad to help you in your actually fun main game.

The appeal is in figuring out how to do the next thing while maintaining all the other things before it. It's building for the sake of it.

Still, I see your point. A lot of these types of games have been popping up recently and they're all about the process, rarely the destination. Even Factorio dropped its campaign because they couldn't find the right approach to it. This disappoints me greatly and I hope it doesn't become a trend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Sinteres posted:

If you liked the base game there's no reason you wouldn't like it imo.

I heard bullet sponge enemies made a return. Have those been patched in the last three months since release? If they are limited to multiplayer or the insane difficulties that I'll likely skip, that isn't a dealbreaker.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Daniel Mullens is working on his next game

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
What is the state of Satisfactory multiplayer at present? My friend said the game gives a warning that it’s pretty unfinished, presumably more so than the rest of the game?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Anno 1800: 27$ for regular, 55$ for complete. What's the difference, and is it worth it?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Anonymous Robot posted:

What is the state of Satisfactory multiplayer at present? My friend said the game gives a warning that it’s pretty unfinished, presumably more so than the rest of the game?

Played it last night with my brother for a few hours and there seems to be a bug where your partner is a loving rear end in a top hat that keeps shock sticking you off the edge of stuff.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Leal posted:

Played it last night with my brother for a few hours and there seems to be a bug where your partner is a loving rear end in a top hat that keeps shock sticking you off the edge of stuff.

That sounds like a problem on your end.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

yeah sounds like an edge case

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Anno 1800: 27$ for regular, 55$ for complete. What's the difference, and is it worth it?

Main game is honestly plenty, the first batch of DLC was a couple like CYOA minigame scenarios and cosmetic stuff. I never got into the second season DLC; it reads like it's a little meatier but I don't know that it's "double the price" meatier.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

First batch had an entire new area, though, right? Along with the smaller stuff.

Basically, I'd say go for the complete edition; if you a;ready think you'll like Anno 1800, you'll like Anno 1800 but with a couple more areas and a central palace 'skill tree' you can build for perks, and those are just the main things you'll get.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Oh, that's right, I forgot that the Northwest Passage had that arctic zone. Nevermind, the DLC adds a bunch more kinds of people to juggle and also blimps

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

StrixNebulosa posted:

Base game:
The old world, aka the main session. 5 population tiers; main monument building. Sessions are just different maps/parts of the world that run simultaneously and require logistics to ship inbetween.
The new world, secondary session. 2 Population tiers. If you played older pre 2205 anno's this is the equiv to the Orient in 1404 or 2070's underwater.
All the usual stuff like pirates and npc's and trade systems etc etc.

DLC set 1:
Sunken Treasures: Second old world session, same as base game but you get a loving HUGE island to basically go wild on, also adds a diving bell and semi-crafting system for special items.
Botanica: Adds new momunent buildings and gardens and stuff, basically more endgame/tourism stuff.
The Passage: New session, the Artic, 2 population tiers. Mainly used to further support the main (old world) population and unlocks special vehicles.

DLC set 2:
Seat of Power: Make pretty palaces that unlock more policy and population control options.
Bright Harvest: Mostly adds options and optimalisation options for all farming related things, also adds new boats and pretty walls and stuff.
Land of Lions: Unreleased, Africa themed session. Likely 2 population tiers and further focus on endgame optimization, your zoo's gardens and monuments.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Ragequit posted:

I heard bullet sponge enemies made a return. Have those been patched in the last three months since release? If they are limited to multiplayer or the insane difficulties that I'll likely skip, that isn't a dealbreaker.

I didn't really have a problem, but I'm a pretty casual player who doesn't really do a lot of the repetitive grind. Just playing through the missions on normal and exploring the new maps was fun for me, and anything beyond that (like the season manhunts) was just a bonus. There's a new Title Update coming in a week or so that people seem pretty excited about, so that might be worth looking into if you're more concerned about the nuts and bolts of everything though.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The NYC map in Warlords is way cooler than the DC one in the base game.

Command and Conquer Remastered is amazing. Just by adding some UI stuff that has become standard since 95 it’s exactly as fun now as it was back then.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Sinteres posted:

I didn't really have a problem, but I'm a pretty casual player who doesn't really do a lot of the repetitive grind. Just playing through the missions on normal and exploring the new maps was fun for me, and anything beyond that (like the season manhunts) was just a bonus. There's a new Title Update coming in a week or so that people seem pretty excited about, so that might be worth looking into if you're more concerned about the nuts and bolts of everything though.

I was a casual player as well. Never actually finished the base game. Sounds like I need to give this a shot as the NYC map sounds cool.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Okay, thank you for the Anno 1800 information. Good to know, and it helped me decide to wait for the History Remastered collection to drop first before I tackle 1800 - I want the full game, but that's a lot of money and I already preordered the collection so I'll start there.

I'm also beginning to sort my wishlist for the steam summer sale and lemme tell you, there's a lot of cool games out there. If Gujian 3 doesn't go on sale I will throw a fit.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

My body is ready for the summer sale. My wallet is not. Main goal will be the rear end Creed games, I’m finally ready to go down that rabbit hole. Far Cry games are second.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Cute fish management game Megaquarium has a new expansion pack out!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

don’t think the steam sale is until the end of the month, so you’ve got time to win the lottery

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The 25th through the 9th is what the leak said last month.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

Guess what has Celeste in it now

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

I'll finally get to see what people have been gushing about.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune
Can you gift stuff from that bundle? I have a bunch of the better known games from that bundle already and really only bought it to donate

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

800peepee51doodoo posted:

Can you gift stuff from that bundle? I have a bunch of the better known games from that bundle already and really only bought it to donate

No, but you can gift the bundle

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

800peepee51doodoo posted:

It's just a bunch of zips, rars, exes, & pdfs. There are no keys or DRM of any type.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

don’t think the steam sale is until the end of the month, so you’ve got time to win the lottery

I dunno about that, somehow my store is experiencing a shortage on scratcher tickets

I don't know HOW, it just IS.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

are they done adding stuff to the giant bundle now? i dont really want to go through it all only to have to go through it again 3 times to see whats new

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Leal posted:

I dunno about that, somehow my store is experiencing a shortage on scratcher tickets

I don't know HOW, it just IS.

Unless your state is a hellhole with the worst lottery, it means a manager sucks rear end (I worked at a liquor store, if you run out of scratchers that poo poo is on you)

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

this is an absolute nightmare to browse right now, hope they fix it soon

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Awesome! posted:

are they done adding stuff to the giant bundle now? i dont really want to go through it all only to have to go through it again 3 times to see whats new

They aren't.

Itch.io Thread 2020: Another Massive Backlog

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Itch.io thread: This little maneuver will increase our backlog by 51 years

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Are we talking Epic? Check whether it's cheaper to chain together Season Passes, BTW. You get a new 10$ discount for each purchase. So Base+Season 1+Season 2

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
about that Atlus appearance on the PC Gaming conference

https://twitter.com/SabiWabii/status/1270425150236712960

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Terminally Bored posted:

about that Atlus appearance on the PC Gaming conference

https://twitter.com/SabiWabii/status/1270425150236712960

I, personally, willed these ports into existence and you are all welcome.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Lightningproof posted:

Thanks, now get to work on Nocturne already

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Fat Samurai posted:

Are we talking Epic? Check whether it's cheaper to chain together Season Passes, BTW. You get a new 10$ discount for each purchase. So Base+Season 1+Season 2

uplay! Epic soured me forever with their surprise exclusives and I will never install the client.

Also I think the 20% off coupon that uplay is offering stacks with the sale discounts so those prices can go lower

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
As someone who never owned any console outside of PC and heard a lot of good things about Persona series in the past, do those games still hold up?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

StrixNebulosa posted:

uplay! Epic soured me forever with their surprise exclusives and I will never install the client.

Also I think the 20% off coupon that uplay is offering stacks with the sale discounts so those prices can go lower

Hmn, didn't know, may check it. I've been going back and forth on it. Thanks!

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Lightningproof posted:

I'll believe it when I see a Steam store page or some such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

Epic soured me forever with their surprise exclusives and I will never install the client.