Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Rexicon1 posted:

Where all da cops at

Too tired from beating peaceful protesters (and 40% of their wives) to post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

PeterCat posted:

That's an ad for a TV show.

the picture, or just the poster?

e: vvv that's what i thought. i dimly wondered what was up with that poster's phrasing, but it's the juxtaposition that gives an impact.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 8, 2020

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Doc Hawkins posted:

the picture, or just the poster?

The poster was part of the viral campaign for a Cinemax show. The cops next to it on Wall St. are real and the framing is :discourse:.

https://www.wired.com/2012/09/byzantium-security-international/

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I saw Mrs. Beanie posting somewhere recently

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/_faiz_on_/status/1267363004795912192

the american justice system is good and balanced!:shepface:

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Race Realists posted:

https://twitter.com/_faiz_on_/status/1267363004795912192

the american justice system is good and balanced!:shepface:

I guess this explains why a counterfeit $20 is worth a death sentence to some people.

Was the forgery story ever confirmed?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Woofer posted:

I guess this explains why a counterfeit $20 is worth a death sentence to some people.

Was the forgery story ever confirmed?

that doesnt matter what REALLY matters is that he was definitely totally drunk and that justified our actions!1!11!1

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Rexicon1 posted:

Where all da cops at

I think I am the first cop to post in this thread for maybe a good few months

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Hezzy posted:

I think I am the first cop to post in this thread for maybe a good few months

What you feeling right now

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Wasabi the J posted:

What you feeling right now

His head hurts after his horse charged him into a traffic light.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Mr. Nice! posted:

His head hurts after his horse charged him into a traffic light.

Poor Snuffles, thought of Black Lives and killed its master.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Local PD tear gassed us because we threw tear gas back at them :thunk:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Local PD tear gassed us because we threw tear gas back at them :thunk:

The 2 main projectiles thrown at police during these protests is 1 : bottles of water 2 : tear gas they shot at the protesters for the water bottles

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Was expecting this thread to be a enclave of fascism on SA. I'm mildly surprised. A cop chat with no cops chatting!!

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Chuka Umana posted:

Was expecting this thread to be a enclave of fascism on SA. I'm mildly surprised. A cop chat with no cops chatting!!

If you were a cop would you hang around here? The loving California Conservation Corps guy gets more camaraderie and acceptance here than cops do.

McNally needs to update the rules/Info saying this is the place for cops as well as military. It was a dumb combination to begin with- War Criminals and Cops mix like oil and water.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

McNally needs to update the rules/Info saying this is the place for cops as well as military. It was a dumb combination to begin with- War Criminals and Cops mix like oil and water.

Seems kind of unnecessary, since they're all gone anyway, but I'll think about it.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

McNally posted:

Seems kind of unnecessary, since they're all gone anyway, but I'll think about it.

I don’t honestly care one way or the other. We never did get any firefighters or EMT’s to get on the bus with us. I suspect the big draw for the cops was the ironic racism and the old way we used to post about war.

We’ve come a long, long, way. Some of that progress is to your credit, McNally.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

McNally posted:

there might be some military police lurking and no one likes them either

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Man I think one of the things I hate the most about cops is how small town dipshit cops managed to co-opt the firefighters responding to 9/11 and the war in Iraq/Afghanistan without ever being in danger. The gently caress does firefighters dying inside the twin towers or me getting shot at in a dumb war have to do with you eating donuts and writing parking tickets.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 9, 2020

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

PookBear posted:

This is because all the people that are still cops would always make excuses for the actions of police.

oNe oF tHE GoOD oNeS

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I don’t honestly care one way or the other. We never did get any firefighters or EMT’s to get on the bus with us. I suspect the big draw for the cops was the ironic racism and the old way we used to post about war.

We’ve come a long, long, way. Some of that progress is to your credit, McNally.

The home thread for EMTs and firefighters is probably the EMS megathread in The Goon Doctor.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

PookBear posted:

Man I think one of the things I hate the most about cops is how small town dipshit cops managed to co-opt the firefighters responding to 9/11 and the war in Iraq/Afghanistan without ever being in danger. The gently caress does firefighters dying inside the twin towers or me getting shot at in a dumb war have to do with you eating donuts and writing parking tickets.

Pretty much why I felt uncomfortable with the whole ty4ys thing.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

PookBear posted:

there might be some military police lurking and no one likes them either

I've been posting in GIP since it was a thread in ask/tell and I honestly never understood the connection between the military and law enforcement other than seeing cops as a cheap imitation of the military.....with a completely different job.

PookBear posted:

They also don't have to deal with the day to day grind of being in the military or owe years of their life to the US govt. If they're not happy with their job or their leaders they can just walk away.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I might be the only person left here who ever was a cop at any point lol. I kinda feel vindicated since all my friends and family members who thought I was sour grapes or immature after my time with the police are realising that I was telling them truth about how lovely and counterproductive policing is, how even if the vast majority of cops aren't "bad apples" they sure don't care enough to do anything about abusive ones, and my department was probably among the most responsive to the public and professional out there.

Internet VFW > GIP Police Thread ACAB spring

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Internet VFW > Abolish The Police Thread

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

My dad who is a deputy is even on the abolish the police train. :getin:

Anyone who whines that it’s “too radical” and “who you gonna call if the (((criminals))) are breaking in your house” is almost definitely disingenuous, the idea that armed response, social work and patrolling for nuisances or whatever should be divided into different areas and qualified immunity is broken made perfect sense to him.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I went ahead and removed mention of law enforcement from the rules thread but I left in the generic "uniformed services" welcome mat because I want to be inclusive of people like the Public Health Service and the Coast Guard.

I still want this subforum to be a place where anyone can post. Just because someone is in law enforcement doesn't automatically mean they're a complete shitheel. Let's give them a chance to prove it before running them out of town on a rail.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

smiling jack posted a ban me in tfr lol didn't even have the balls to do it here

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Do autobans not get the avatar change or did he immediately pay tenbux?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Conjecture but maybe he was admin unbanned to send a DM and make sure he was just quitting SA rather than potentially suicidal.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

PookBear posted:

smiling jack posted a ban me in tfr lol didn't even have the balls to do it here

He was one of the few non-lovely cop posters who was a regular here and TFR before there was a GIP so I guess congrats on this stunning victory :rolleyes:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Probably not a great time for a poster to think about defending his dept, being NYPD and all. His top boss just had an all-white male hissyfit on the news. One that was far more white and male than the actual makeup of the NYPD.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

My dad who is a deputy is even on the abolish the police train. :getin:

Anyone who whines that it’s “too radical” and “who you gonna call if the (((criminals))) are breaking in your house” is almost definitely disingenuous, the idea that armed response, social work and patrolling for nuisances or whatever should be divided into different areas and qualified immunity is broken made perfect sense to him.

Anyone who whines about 'who you gonna call' has never had to call the cops for anything.

They'll show up three hours late and take a statement that might as well be toilet paper for all that it'll get followed up on.

Seekhay
Sep 11, 2001

College Slice

pantslesswithwolves posted:

He was one of the few non-lovely cop posters who was a regular here and TFR before there was a GIP so I guess congrats on this stunning victory :rolleyes:

He was legit one of the few posters whose insights I would have appreciated during all this poo poo.

Also a good poster in general and I wish I could have met him given that I live in the general area.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
!

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
He'll definitely be missed by me as well. One of the few non shitheel NYPD guys I know.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Liquid Communism posted:

Anyone who whines about 'who you gonna call' has never had to call the cops for anything.

They'll show up three hours late and take a statement that might as well be toilet paper for all that it'll get followed up on.

They’re suburbanites. In those places where this poo poo is rare the police do actually show up. They’re completely incapable of understanding what it’s like living in a broken rural area where police response is measured in hours or a city where they don’t even give a poo poo.

Reminds me of that one Reddit post of a girl from another country saying while visiting her boyfriends midwestern city she was horrified her boyfriend reacted to a pair of men attempting to sexually assault one of her friends and flashing a gun by violently beating the poo poo out both of them and severely injuring one. She kept saying he should have called the police. Even Reddit basically said the police are just as likely to show up and say “what’s the big deal, girls can’t take a compliment” or maybe even do the same thing as those two.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

They’re suburbanites. In those places where this poo poo is rare the police do actually show up. They’re completely incapable of understanding what it’s like living in a broken rural area where police response is measured in hours or a city where they don’t even give a poo poo.

Reminds me of that one Reddit post of a girl from another country saying while visiting her boyfriends midwestern city she was horrified her boyfriend reacted to a pair of men attempting to sexually assault one of her friends and flashing a gun by violently beating the poo poo out both of them and severely injuring one. She kept saying he should have called the police. Even Reddit basically said the police are just as likely to show up and say “what’s the big deal, girls can’t take a compliment” or maybe even do the same thing as those two.

i'm in summerlin las vegas and after bunch of gunshots popped off, dispatch told me to call back "if i heard anymore".

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Wasabi the J posted:

i'm in summerlin las vegas and after bunch of gunshots popped off, dispatch told me to call back "if i heard anymore".

Yeah when I was a teenager someone pulled a gun on me for reasons that still don’t make any goddamn sense, 911 hung up on me when I told them that the guy left and I didn’t know his license plate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Wasabi the J posted:

I'm not saying you mis-IDed what you heard, but people have been setting off fireworks for the past week so dispatch is probably flooded with calls about gunshots. I know a lot of my neighbors are loving idiots thanks to the Ring doorbell app's bullshit social media-lite side. I've had to mute all that poo poo because probably 3 times a week at 2 am some moron is asking "DID ANYONE HEAR THOSE GUNSHOTS AT *cross streets???" and that was before all this. I bet half of them dial 911 immediately.