Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

i support their aims of 'let's make vauban except good and fun this time'

vauban's fun now*

*the flechette thing pinning crowds to walls is fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I think the thing keeping me from playing Vauban nowadays is his dire lack of fashion frame. Tennogen hasn't been kind to him. I've gotten to the stage where I feel overpowered for everything so I'm going back to lesser used frames to have a giggle. I forgot how OP banshee can be.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Vauban should definitely get a more varied cosmetic alternative. The Citadel skin is nice at least.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I actually really like Vauban for certain modes. Tossing out 4 flechette orbs on a defense node and just afk’ing for a couple minutes at a time is nice.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Draxion posted:

vauban's fun now*

*the flechette thing pinning crowds to walls is fun

As annoying as Triburos can be, I really enjoyed his Vauban review and I now subconsciously refer to his Tesla Nervos as THE SQUAD. I also loved his antics with the roomba dragging a pile of Grineer Corpus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7bwrlHhs20

Screaming Idiot fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jun 10, 2020

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Guilty posted:

Can someone explain to me baruuk's cycles like I'm five? I copied the pure str build and am loving it, but I'm struggling to keep my restraint down. I basically feel like I'm an Inaros upgrade with lull, can't seem to use my four that often.

Put at much range into Baruuk as you can without sacrificing strength, and make sure you cast you 2 before you murderize a big group. Every enemy affected will reduce your restraint instantly, doesn't matter if they actually fall asleep before you blast them, but it doesn't go through walls so make sure you have Line of sight. Make sure your 3 is always up and recast it periodically to keep your dagger count high - every dagger that fires at an enemy will also reduce your restraint, as well as providing you with damage resistance.

Don't bother using 1, save your energy for 2 and 3.

Raptor1033 posted:

I think the thing keeping me from playing Vauban nowadays is his dire lack of fashion frame. Tennogen hasn't been kind to him. I've gotten to the stage where I feel overpowered for everything so I'm going back to lesser used frames to have a giggle. I forgot how OP banshee can be.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I love Vauban Prime's chunky angular look. Plus, his 4 can't be beat for CC, his 3 is super satisfying, MOST of his 2 orbs are fun, aaaand...well, I guess I never really use his 1, but maybe I should.

I also love love LOVE using the Ferrox alt-fire combined with his Singularity to create a black hole from which no life can escape.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

McKilligan posted:

Put at much range into Baruuk as you can without sacrificing strength, and make sure you cast you 2 before you murderize a big group. Every enemy affected will reduce your restraint instantly, doesn't matter if they actually fall asleep before you blast them, but it doesn't go through walls so make sure you have Line of sight. Make sure your 3 is always up and recast it periodically to keep your dagger count high - every dagger that fires at an enemy will also reduce your restraint, as well as providing you with damage resistance.

Don't bother using 1, save your energy for 2 and 3.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I love Vauban Prime's chunky angular look. Plus, his 4 can't be beat for CC, his 3 is super satisfying, MOST of his 2 orbs are fun, aaaand...well, I guess I never really use his 1, but maybe I should.

I also love love LOVE using the Ferrox alt-fire combined with his Singularity to create a black hole from which no life can escape.

If you can stand his annoying Youtuber voice, Trib explained how THE SQUAD Tesla Nervos can be pretty useful as both a damage tool and passive crowd control that requires very little oversight.

And I second the love for Vauban's look. I made him pointier still with the Itzal armor set and the Vengeful Charge ephemera and he looks like a goddamn Gundam.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Raptor1033 posted:

I put my one and only umbral forma in her and I have way fewer regrets than you'd imagine. Shield gate and Arcane Ultimatum fixed 80% of what was wrong with her

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

I put my one and only umbral forma in her and I have way fewer regrets than you'd imagine. Shield gate and Arcane Ultimatum fixed 80% of what was wrong with her

I've got guardian and energize on her now, duly noted.

Screaming Idiot posted:

And I second the love for Vauban's look. I made him pointier still with the Itzal armor set and the Vengeful Charge ephemera and he looks like a goddamn Gundam.

way to out yourself as a whale that bought the railjack premium pack. How's the commander emote?

I totally made my vauban pointier with those chevron looking baro armors

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 10, 2020

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Raptor1033 posted:

I totally made my vauban pointier with those chevron looking baro armors

His prime skin works great with the angular Ki'Teer syandanas.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Caught the tail end of double vallis credits. Time to farm Profit Taker until the only thing I see are creds raining. Starting at 15m. Let's see how stupid this can get. :shepface:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Quill posted:

His prime skin works great with the angular Ki'Teer syandanas.

Those and that infamous corpus one, all I can think of is "shower curtain."

edit: am I reading this right? Some pubbies trying to recruit for a 70 round Sanctuary Onslaught? :psyduck: I don't understand. What's even the point of that?

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jun 10, 2020

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the achievement itself, i guess. however, if you have to recruit randos it is never going to happen. might as well learn one of those infinite solo playstyles instead.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Vauban's 1 is for juggling your balls while everything around you dies to flechette orbs.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Spent all morning farming PT with the boost. Got catte buff twice out of ... many, many runs.

On the other hand: 53 million credits should be enough to hold me over for a while. I don't even want to think about credit costs for the next three months.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Malah posted:

Spent all morning farming PT with the boost. Got catte buff twice out of ... many, many runs.

On the other hand: 53 million credits should be enough to hold me over for a while. I don't even want to think about credit costs for the next three months.
Nice work, I'm jealous

Man, I'm trying to stock up for kitgun primaries, thinking I won't have the standing or the creds to dive deep once it's released. Really regretting not leveling up my Fortuna standing now. But I guess in the long run it'll be cheaper for me since I won't be able to build much at the beginning, and by the time I have enough, someone will have already figured out the optimised combinations and I won't have to experiment.

Mining is still the most efficient Fortuna rep farm?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
doing exploiter runs probably nets more rep in fortuna,
edit: oh wait you mean regular fortuna rep. uuuh i think animal hunting was the best pure rep source.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 10, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Protea looks like a strange but fun frame. Hope she pans out and is not total garbage.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
im sure shes going to be good after 2 or 3 fix patches few months after her release.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Tbh I still don't really see a use for her 4 unless it rewinds energy use. I'm gonna build around her turret and dispensers, so basically max duration & strength.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Iretep posted:

im sure shes going to be good after 2 or 3 fix patches few months after her release.
be careful, thats what i said, hopeful, about grendel

and all he got was a basic QoL improvement

as an augment :smith:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

And Tyler Too! posted:

Tbh I still don't really see a use for her 4 unless it rewinds energy use. I'm gonna build around her turret and dispensers, so basically max duration & strength.

I'm pretty sure I remember Pablo saying you should spam all her grenades during her 4 because it will rewind their cost

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

It's OfficialTM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqcoj9tw8Vk

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

And Tyler Too! posted:

Judging by video ^ it does rewind energy spent. 9 seconds mark she uses temporal anchor and energy drops from 101 to 1, during that time she picks up an orb and regens a bit to 30 energy, at 17s mark she uses prematurely her 4 and it rewinds through 2 seconds duration of rewind back to 101 energy. Stradavar got reloaded too, strangely. She had 0 ammo when anchored her 4.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

DoombatINC posted:

It's OfficialTM

for anyone who doesn't want to click, Deadlock Protocol tomorrow

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Mesadoram posted:

Protea looks like a strange but fun frame. Hope she pans out and is not total garbage.

I don't understand why they made it so you prime her 4 before activating it. Just make it work like its obvious inspiration and take you back to X second ago.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I suspect that would make it technically tricky, although a rolling buffer for that doesn't sound that bad, there's probably something technical making it extra costly.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Glassmaker ch.2 is out on console

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Guilty posted:

Glassmaker ch.2 is out on console

Oh nice

Edit: Got it on my first try. Now that I know how it works it is pretty easy.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 11, 2020

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I don't trust DE's code to know where I am now let alone a few seconds ago.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Mailer posted:

I don't trust DE's code to know where I am now let alone a few seconds ago.

What do you mean, it's simple
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZe5J8SVCYQ

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I love my stupid dog pinballing around the level's geometry.

The HEK seems pretty underwhelming for all the hype so far! Granted, I'm switching from a maxed out free catalyst'd boltor, so I assumed there'd be some falloff, but ehh. Honestly melee just feels like a better option for whatever isn't flying

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Nalesh posted:

What do you mean, it's simple
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LjN3UclYzU

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

goblin week posted:

The HEK seems pretty underwhelming for all the hype so far! Granted, I'm switching from a maxed out free catalyst'd boltor, so I assumed there'd be some falloff, but ehh. Honestly melee just feels like a better option for whatever isn't flying

Most weapons aren't going to feel great right out of the gate, the Hek stands out for early game because it has access to this:

Add in Hell's Chamber, Point Blank and a smattering of elemental damage mods and you'll be shooting around 30 pellets a shot, easily able to carry you through the star chart.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

goblin week posted:

A lot of the Hek advice is just tradition over years. Melee got reworked a few months ago and got a massive damage boost.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
true. early melee weapons used to suck. they still kind of do, but they are elevated by melee being so strong right now.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

goblin week posted:

I had the same feeling at the start some 2 weeks ago.
Scattered Justice helps a ton. Even then, when you get Broken War and mod it up, it becomes quite the beast and it's weird to invest in Hek.
If you are not one-shotting with Hek, it feels quite clunky actually. Some faster reloading and even capacity helps, until you mod it out to the point that it becomes really strong and one-tap everything.

I now made the next big step to a Fulmin (needs quite some Forma) and that is a big step up from Hek. It also clowns on my current melee.

Something I really dig and got adviced by Iretep; get Wukong Prime. Apart from being a very versatile frame that is strong for (annoying) spy missions, the abilities are all very useful. I specifically like just having a clone up using whatever you are not using. In my case, I shoot stuff with Fulmin while my clone demolishes stuff with melee.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

goblin week posted:

I went through the starchart with a Twitch-provided Vectis Prime and didn't get what was so good about the Hek. Going through the game again unassisted, I tatered the Hek and it's... ok I guess? The starting Skana got me through more content than anything else, and now Broken War is all that's carrying me through until Best Gun Acceltra unlocks at MR8. The Hek mainly stands out if you have a clan to get you the SM weapon mod, not to mention all the elemental/rare shotgun mods.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Pesterchum posted:

Most weapons aren't going to feel great right out of the gate, the Hek stands out for early game because it has access to this:

Add in Hell's Chamber, Point Blank and a smattering of elemental damage mods and you'll be shooting around 30 pellets a shot, easily able to carry you through the star chart.

I feel like that’s extremely far away from now! I only finished Stolen Dreams 😟

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SterlingSylver
Feb 20, 2007
100% drop rate in clan chat...