Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

stev posted:

I mean if the new consoles couldn't hit 60fps on a 3 year old game that never looked that impressive to begin with I'd be pretty worried.

destiny 2 is really pretty on pc with everything turned up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

We've come so far since "Come play my lord"

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Gripweed posted:

DON'T.

WAKE.

ANNY. (MAE)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Please type quietly on this page

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Evony: Anime Edition

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Please type quietly on this page

(smacks Model M keyboard into anime girl's face)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

SHE WAKES

*earth starts to rumble as two shadows block out the sun overhead*

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
now that she is awake she cannot be stopped

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why contain her? Let her spill into the schools and churches. Let the anime pile up in the streets.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the Grey Desu

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Hwurmp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-QFj59PON4&t=14s

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I was looking at the Steam store page for The Typing of the Dead: Overkill and saw this:

So now I'm wondering if there was a Steam port in the works for Golden Axe: Beast Rider at some point, or if somebody at Sega was playing a prank.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Hwurmp posted:

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

SHE WAKES

You joke but this is basically how the extra endings in Drakengard pan out, except weirder.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Why contain her? Let her spill into the schools and churches. Let the anime pile up in the streets.

Why contain her? ............................................................ It's cool.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oh silicon zeroes is in that itch bundle now, if you like zach style engineering puzzle games that game is good as gently caress and also genuinely educational wrt cpu design

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

fine looking fuzzbo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Hwurmp posted:

the Grey Desu

Akuma no Ennui

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

oops i thought the itch.io bundle gift option would just generate a gift link to share but no you need to enter an email address, so if anyone would like to suggest one, perhaps of their own, i'm all ears

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Katty! posted:

oops i thought the itch.io bundle gift option would just generate a gift link to share but no you need to enter an email address, so if anyone would like to suggest one, perhaps of their own, i'm all ears

If you're offering

--

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 10, 2020

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

sold to the lowest bidder

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Katty! posted:

sold to the lowest bidder

Thank you. Appreciate it a lot (I don't have a card atm).

Now I guess I feel obligated to partake in the "book club"

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Last year I was cheering someone on as they went on a Bear Walk before E3 in order to hopefully spot a bear in order to get good vibes and Banjo E3 announcements.

Today I didn't see a bear. No bear.

But in my backyard today I saw...a bobccat. A big ol' black bobcat just chilling in the woods behind the house.

Guys. Guys.

It's a sign, just like last year.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

What happened last year, besides e3 doxing everyone

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Finally, Bobcat Goldthwait is coming to Smash...

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Gripweed posted:

Odd for an ad to tell you not to click it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This itch.io thing is a fascinating look at a scene that I have zero knowledge of.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

This itch.io thing is a fascinating look at a scene that I have zero knowledge of.

a hideaway world of talent. idk how much of it is actually good, but a lot at least looks great.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
A games journalist friend of mine posted that they were reviewing last of us 2. I asked them what they thought of it, and I said judging by the marketing info/leaks it seems it was written by a child and said I loved #1. My friend said they loved #1, and also loved #2. So, maybe we have a good game coming next week.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
no matter how it turns out this thread is gonna be a good time

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i know there's a lot of stickied threads but i'd appreciate a sticky for my not-E3 thread (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3925794) on Thursday when the PS5 event happens so randos don't just flood this chat thread and it's safe for us to do that instead

meanwhile i'm looking at the itch.io queue and I see Hidden Folks was submitted, that game rules. also, Anodyne 1, MiniLAW, Receiver, Spirits of Xanadu, Rym9000, Old Man's Journey, and Chook & Sosig

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I finished Outer Wilds last week and decided to start on it's name buddy Outer Worlds tonight.

I distinctly remember when that game came out a big to-do about the first planet and what you should do for the first major decision/story mission and honestly anyone who did anything other than burn Edgewater to the ground and salt the ashes is at best a dummy and at worst evil, that poo poo is almost comically evil.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
KCB bought a laptop the other day to upgrade from her current one. She's super excited and she really wants to test out streaming with it.

What I'm saying is that there is a good chance that in the near future I'm gonna be posting her streaming various hidden object games and time management games. Those things just have wonderful stories and hoo boy it's gonna be a fun time.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Does anybody know why Ubisoft completely disowned Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow? It's not available on any store or collection except you can get the OG Xbox version digitally on Microsoft and the OG PS2 version on PSN.

Rinkles posted:

a hideaway world of talent. idk how much of it is actually good, but a lot at least looks great.

The great thing about itch compared to other stores with zero curation like Steam is that there's so little money to be made the only games that come out are genuine passion projects instead of asset store demo maps. There's trash like any other store but it's trash with heart, dammit.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

al-azad posted:

Does anybody know why Ubisoft completely disowned Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow? It's not available on any store or collection except you can get the OG Xbox version digitally on Microsoft and the OG PS2 version on PSN.

It was released on PS3 as well. The PC version has some weird shadow glitch on modern GPUs so never got a digital release, although there is a custom patch on pcgamingwiki that fixes it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm only trusting my fists by doing a powerstance caestus run of DS2SotFS.

My skills have uh, dwindled a bit since I last played apparently.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

DC Murderverse posted:

I finished Outer Wilds last week and decided to start on it's name buddy Outer Worlds tonight.

I distinctly remember when that game came out a big to-do about the first planet and what you should do for the first major decision/story mission and honestly anyone who did anything other than burn Edgewater to the ground and salt the ashes is at best a dummy and at worst evil, that poo poo is almost comically evil.

I played the whole game as the most capitalist boot-licker possible to spite the terrible writing.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Still working on Divinity Original Sin 2 and I think this game is too long by one entire map. I got to Arx and my desire to do an entire new map has really cratered my desire to keep playing, even if I will end up finishing the dang thing eventually because I'm already close to the end.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Still working on Divinity Original Sin 2 and I think this game is too long by one entire map. I got to Arx and my desire to do an entire new map has really cratered my desire to keep playing, even if I will end up finishing the dang thing eventually because I'm already close to the end.

I'm right on the other side of Arx atm, just hit level 20 in my coop game last night so will be closing out the game in the next play sesh probably.

FWIW Arx does have some good quests, and doesn't take as long to get through as the other zones. I do know what you mean about it being a bit overlong though. That said I felt that way more with DOS1, that game dumped huge amounts of nonsensical plot garbage at the very end. Arx is pretty straightforward in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also guys if you want Fisttag and you've already grabbed the itch.io bundle, please go post in the donation thread with how much you donated (And I'll give you the tag*)

We're probably gonna break $60k USD soon :slick:

*Tomorrow.. cause I'm going to sleep now :v: