Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

I think the most accessible Old Man Gloom album is probably No. I'd start there. That said, my favorite is Christmas. Their entire discography is good though, so I don't think it's possible to go wrong there.

For Isis, the goto is probably Oceanic, though I'm also partial to Wavering Radiant.

Mamiffer is also great, but not very metal. It's more of an instrumental post-rock-ish thing. I'd recommended Mare Decendrii as a starter.

If you're into avant-garde stuff, his collaboration with Tashi Dorji is petty good. That's absolutely not metal at all.

Oh yeah I’ve worn out every inch of Isis’ discography. Thanks for these other ones I’ll check them out. I always preferred Panopticon, myself. You really can’t go wrong with any of theirs though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Also really awesome ep from chunky death metal bois: https://transylvaniantapes.bandcamp.com/album/torture-tomb-killing-to-see-how-it-feels

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

BurningBeard posted:

Oh yeah I’ve worn out every inch of Isis’ discography. Thanks for these other ones I’ll check them out. I always preferred Panopticon, myself. You really can’t go wrong with any of theirs though.
This.

The correct answer to best Isis album is "yes"

Weirdly enough, the one I've gone back to the most for the past couple years is In The Absence Of Truth

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
On reflection of recent conversations I would like to confirm that Vektor loving rules

MikeCrotch fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jun 10, 2020

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Meanwhile I'm listening to a few new releases but somehow always circle back to Alkymist.

Draugr feels downright groovy. Where do I get more songs like this?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Oh speaking of Isis I have one of their shirts in black with ISIS written in big gold letters

That's a shirt I can't wear in public anymore o tell you what

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MikeCrotch posted:

On reflection of recent conversations I would like to confirm that Vektor loving slaps

Not a great choice of verb here I must say.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Henchman of Santa posted:

Not a great choice of verb here I must say.

Well it's correct, at least in one way.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
I'm sorry, I'm sorry I'm trying to remove it

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

MikeCrotch posted:

Oh speaking of Isis I have one of their shirts in black with ISIS written in big gold letters

If kids can go around wearing that cringey Cradle of Filth "JESUS IS A oval office" shirt, you can wear the ISIS one. Probably.

Maybe not to an airport.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Wear, let everyone else out themselves as untrve. :colbert:

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

MikeCrotch posted:

Ahem, *corrects glasses*, I believe you're thinking of the Islamic State. I understand how that can be confusing for you, but you see

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
all their new merch doesnt have the band name on them

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MikeCrotch posted:

my it's isis the band not the terrorist organization t-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

all their new merch doesnt have the band name on them

just a cartoon guy tucked into bed with a comically oversized old timey night cap and four z's above his head to indicate what'll you get up to when you put on an isis album

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 10, 2020

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

The Muppets On PCP posted:

just a cartoon guy tucked into bed with a comically oversized old timey night cap and four z's above his head to indicate what'll you get up to when you put on an isis album

lol

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

uncomfortably tipping my hat to this right here

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

ISIS

and in tiny letters
no it's okay, the terror org renamed to ISIL anyways

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
My new sludge project Daesh

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Henchman of Santa posted:

My new sludge project Daesh

Funny story about that, there was a guy on the MMO-Champion forums with that username for like a decade. Well then this whole ISIL thing came about and people started calling them Daesh, and Blizzard banned him for an innapropriate name, and he got banned from the forums. He had to prove he'd been using the name for years before ISIL were even founded before they let him keep it.
He ended up being a weird chud, unsurprisingly

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

SUMAC is actually the correct spelling.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
ISIS (the band)

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

They should change their name to WASWAS imo

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
might get into legal trouble with was (not was)

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

lol

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Antigravitas posted:

Meanwhile I'm listening to a few new releases but somehow always circle back to Alkymist.

Draugr feels downright groovy. Where do I get more songs like this?

I don't have any immediate recommendations for you but those dudes are a pro recommendation and that's the band that made me remember this thread is cool and good so thank you.

Everything about this page rules.

And In The Absence of Truth is the weakest album of theirs.

Gonna go listen and take a nap now. gently caress my corporate overlords. Wfh forever!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Here in Virginia we are throwing all the confederate statues away and there is a petition to replace the statue of Robert E Lee with a statue of local hero Oderus Urungus

https://www.spin.com/2020/06/gwars-oderus-urungus-statue-petition-replace-robert-e-lee-richmond/

I am not soliciting votes but please read the article and follow your hearts

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i'll only sign on if it includes a fully functioning cuttlefish of cthulhu that's motion-activated

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
If they put that statue up I want the plaque underneath it to just be the lyrics to "Babyraper."

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

poverty goat posted:

Here in Virginia we are throwing all the confederate statues away and there is a petition to replace the statue of Robert E Lee with a statue of local hero Oderus Urungus

https://www.spin.com/2020/06/gwars-oderus-urungus-statue-petition-replace-robert-e-lee-richmond/

I am not soliciting votes but please read the article and follow your hearts

they should get rid of the old statue and then not replace it with a really tacky one, imo

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
richmond's already pretty tacky as is if anything it'd class up the joint

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

hell yeah they should go for it

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

If you're going to create a metal statue, make the statue \m/ metal \m/, imho.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I love Isis (not the terrorists) but this got a hearty lol from me

My sister used to live near ISIS Training School. No, not that kind of ISIS training school - a training school called ISIS

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
Well, poo poo. Falconer is disbanding.

Facebook posted:

FALCONER DISBANDING

As the new album "From a dying ember" is released on the 26:th of June FALCONER will cease to exist after 20 years.
The reason is nothing drastical or sudden but it has grown during the last years.
It is just time to move on after all this time to do something different, whatever that might be.

I (Stefan) felt before this album that although I love Falconer´s music I knew just too well how to make it and what my own expectations and boundaries are when it comes to writing songs for Falconer. It felt maybe a bit too safe and familiar.

We decided to make this final album as good as we possibly could and really concentrate on having all Falconer elements present and really make sure that each element got full devotion.
For example, the ballad should be as "ballady" as ever, and the folk song should sound as folky as possible etc.
The sole decision to make this the final album actually sparked a new found enthusiasm and engagement for me as a song writer, it was like the final sprint for a long distance runner.

The last thing we wanted was to release a "so-so" final album, but really make it good enough so we could end the band with our heads held high, thus we let it take it´s time.
If we succeeded we´ll leave to the fans to decide, but we as a band feel really proud of this achievement and hope that most fans will consider this to be a respectable “Adieu”.

So, what will happen for the members now? Well there is no real plans for that, we´ll just see what the future brings when it comes to music.................................

With this said we would like to thank all our fans and everyone that we have worked with or met during the years and wish you all the best in the future.

With the Falconer dead and his falcons soaring the sky
we bid you all a final farewell!

Stefan, Mathias, Karsten, Jimmy and Magnus

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I guess it's time to get around to listening to Falconer

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Not really into these quarantine cover videos, but this cover of Overactive Imagination nails it. Plus, Steve Di Giorgio.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
New Paradise Lost is real good. They've been killing it ever since Tragic Idol.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Okay I finally got to exhumed from last year.

That's...a good album.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

beefart posted:

Well, poo poo. Falconer is disbanding.

I was coming to post this. It's bumming me out. :(

Maybe Weinerhall will go back to making pagan black metal though, that would be a nice silver lining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Rayne
May 31, 2020
Was pleasantly surprised by a new Thou LP. https://youtube.com/watch?v=3YDthTU2f54