Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Season 13 also has Uncool Customer, which is my personal third worst episode (after Season 9's Mrs. Wakefield and Season 10's Hank Fixes Everything).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I was thinking about achewood when I realized the dog who licks pats face while he’s being pulled by the haunted banjo down the street is definitely ladybird.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I was thinking about achewood when I realized the dog who licks pats face while he’s being pulled by the haunted banjo down the street is definitely ladybird.

holy poo poo

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I love how six seasons in we’re still learning about why Hank is the way he is: his dreams of a football scholarship are crushed when he breaks his ankle doing a touchdown dance, believing it to be punishment for being too proud and flashy.

The same episode has one of my favorite Peggy moments when she’s the only person in the crowd to yell out, incorrectly, that Hank’s running in the wrong direction. It’s just a perfect, nonsensical thing to believe. I think the writers do a good job of demonstrating that Peggy’s complete self-assurance most often leads to embarrassment, but occasionally sets her up to be the only person to stand up and do the right thing despite everyone telling her to stop.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hank was a running back that bragged about running a 5 second 40. I'm not sure that's scholarship material.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Yeah I don't think Hank ever had college aspirations. He just wanted to win the state championship. Also just my guess with no evidence but I think whoever wrote that line intended it to be a good time but didn't actually know a good time would be.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Besides, he'd never pass the physicals with his narrow ureety.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

which writer didn't come back for season 9 or 8 or something

because theres a certain point where hank's moral compass takes a hit and he starts to act a little differently

thats when id say it jumped the shark
cant remember hwne it happened but it does happen

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
watched the episode tonight where Hank gets bullied and Hank should've beaten the poo poo out of that kid

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

after season 6 Mike Judge and Greg Daniels were no longer show runners and that was the end of the golden era

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
"I got that disease where you wake up in strange places drunk" -Principal Moss

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

IM GONNA GO TO A PARTY SCHOOL!!!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHICO STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

GolfHole posted:

IM GONNA GO TO A PARTY SCHOOL!!!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHICO STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

actually went to chico state and it felt like the local fox station ran this episode every afternoon

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Who cares if it's arlenian or arlenite

hank runs a 5.9 40. Even decades ago that was a weak time wasn't it?

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 9, 2020

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

bill was always the talent

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Also wasnt boomhauer the Quarterback?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Hihohe posted:

Also wasnt boomhauer the Quarterback?

Yup: https://youtu.be/jjjjYelkaBg

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
The joke of Boomhauer plainly saying the gameplan but the other team can't understand him so it doesn't matter is so drat good.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i would like to submit emily, the tom landry middle school hall monitor, as most underrated peripheral koth character

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Emily's ok but shes no Octavio.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hank's "What am I doing?" is a really clutch moment tho.

5.9 is a garbage time although I've probably never run that fast.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
For reference on normal people 40's

https://youtu.be/8tQFEn_Hcec

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hey you know what would make me happy?

A meal at the Arlen Barn, with my family placed strategically around me.

Now I warn you, people will try to talk to you, and that's fine, just don't pull me in.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

For reference on normal people 40's

https://youtu.be/8tQFEn_Hcec

Worth a click.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Hey you know what would make me happy?

A meal at the Arlen Barn, with my family placed strategically around me.

Now I warn you, people will try to talk to you, and that's fine, just don't pull me in.

That's a late season episode always worth watching for the B-plot alone.

Everyone's family at the Arlen Barn!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I really want to eat at Sugarfoot's

I've never had Texas barbecue and I trust Buck to run a good bbq joint

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Code Jockey posted:

I really want to eat at Sugarfoot's

I've never had Texas barbecue and I trust Buck to run a good bbq joint

Can comment, texas bbq joints like sugarfoots are loving great

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.

Hihohe posted:

Can comment, texas bbq joints like sugarfoots are loving great

Yes, but why pay Sugarfoots™ prices when you can go to Rudy's and pay $8 for a jumbo smoked potato with brisket? Plus you can get gas!

Texas goons, I miss Rudy's like you wouldn't believe.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Turns out those trans-fats were in everything we served!

Even the mints!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

namlosh posted:

Turns out those trans-fats were in everything we served!

Even the mints!

I'm not a big fan of that episode except for that line and Hanks dream sequence.

"Tom Landry!?"

"We're liberating Europe from the Nazis, Hank."

edit : apparently the episode is called "trans-fascism" lol

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Betazoid posted:

Yes, but why pay Sugarfoots™ prices when you can go to Rudy's and pay $8 for a jumbo smoked potato with brisket? Plus you can get gas!

Texas goons, I miss Rudy's like you wouldn't believe.

I haven't had Rudy's in Texas in over a decade, but we've got one here in Albuquerque and it's just acceptable. The brisket is pretty decent, but the pulled pork is a crime. Maybe it's better in Texas.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
KOTH always did a good job with making their animated food seem appetizing.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Doppelganger posted:

I don't even like meatloaf that much but that meatloaf sandwich from the arlen barn haunts my dreams

naem
May 29, 2011

Doppelganger posted:

they put lots of detail into things like cars too, you can tell the characters take pride in ownership

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Speaking of cars, I've always appreciated that Hank drives a Ford Ranger. It's a truck, but it's a practical, smaller truck. He's not some showoff like Lucky (don't get me wrong, I love Lucky) or his friends, and he isn't one of those poser rednecks in a giant lifted american flag covered truck. He has his truck, and it is adequate for his purposes.

Also lol at him getting giddy (as giddy as Hank is capable of being) over renting the semi to move his mom's furniture. :kimchi:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Code Jockey posted:

Speaking of cars, I've always appreciated that Hank drives a Ford Ranger. It's a truck, but it's a practical, smaller truck. He's not some showoff like Lucky (don't get me wrong, I love Lucky) or his friends, and he isn't one of those poser rednecks in a giant lifted american flag covered truck. He has his truck, and it is adequate for his purposes.

Also lol at him getting giddy (as giddy as Hank is capable of being) over renting the semi to move his mom's furniture. :kimchi:

Didn't he replace it with a F-150 after Chasing Bobby?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

According to some car forums I just read after googling it, it is likely a 1999 F-250 or F-350 Super Duty "Supercab" XLT after the season 5 episode where his old 1993 Ford Ranger dies.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

naem posted:

they put lots of detail into things like cars too, you can tell the characters take pride in ownership

Yeah in that animation guide they stress realistic eating and drawing the inside of cars. The level of polish clearly shows through in the end product

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Can't stop laughing about Peggy being too embarassed to be caught using the bathroom for tweezing her moustache, so she pretends she is taking a giant loud poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

BigDave posted:

Didn't he replace it with a F-150 after Chasing Bobby?

PinheadSlim posted:

According to some car forums I just read after googling it, it is likely a 1999 F-250 or F-350 Super Duty "Supercab" XLT after the season 5 episode where his old 1993 Ford Ranger dies.

Oh poo poo, that's right. :doh:

I'll turn in my rainbow blazer and Strickland hat. :smith:

speaking of, if I was a hat guy I'd be all over this, I tell you what