Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

goferchan posted:

It was definitely a mess when it launched, but the folks at Itch are on the job. I believe yesterday night they added a search function (so you no longer have to control+F your way through 25 unalphebetized pages, lol) and filtering/tagging (by genre, type of file, etc etc) and they're working on better library integration currently. I think this is just like an order of magnitude more popular than anything else they've ever done on their site (which is mostly by game devs, for game devs, where some jankiness is usually excused) and there's also the scale of the bundle itself which presents some unique challenge. For a nonprofit venture on a site mostly run by volunteers, I think they've done pretty well with improvements so far and apparently more are to come

Yeah, I'll admit I'm probably spoiled by steam at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I really love that this bundle is basically the 100 in 1 game discs of old, except slightly better quality.

I wonder if I'll see Uz 3.0 again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eekcb6x9UrM

I played too much of that lovely freeware game as a kid lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

RBA Starblade posted:

I really love that this bundle is basically the 100 in 1 game discs of old, except slightly better quality.

I wonder if I'll see Uz 3.0 again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eekcb6x9UrM

I played too much of that lovely freeware game as a kid lmao

Some of those games on those shareware discs that I absolutely loved were made by Hamumu games, tho they probably seem pretty corny now. For context of Free games (that used to be not free), they were actually all put up on Itch.io last year for free.

https://hamumu.itch.io/dr-lunatic-supreme-with-cheese
https://hamumu.itch.io/loonyland-halloween-hill
https://hamumu.itch.io/kid-mystic
https://hamumu.itch.io/spooky-castle

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Len posted:

The bundle now has a message that they're working on an add all button, just buy it

It’s also not important to add everything to your library immediately (or ever). There’s a “bundles” tab under “purchases” that’ll take you right to your purchased bundle whenever you want!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Stickman posted:

It’s also not important to add everything to your library immediately (or ever). There’s a “bundles” tab under “purchases” that’ll take you right to your purchased bundle whenever you want!

Yeah, there's a lot in this bundle I don't ever plan to touch. I get them not wanting to flood a library

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I didn't say I wasn't going to get it (because 100% seems to go to protest funds, and gently caress cops) but that it'd get it and not redeem anything because that's asking too much effort from me.

I can be for something and criticize because it's not done right.

You can browse the bundle and painlessly install/launch whatever game you choose right from the bundle page with a single click. Doing that adds the game to your account proper. You're not copy/pasting 1000 keys and clicking through to auth them, and you definitely shouldn't "add all" if you actually use itch because it'll flood your library with a ton of stuff you're unlikely to be interested in. With all the search and sorting functionality they've added over the last few days it works really well.

I would have easily payed hundreds for this bundle but I'm happy to leave it at $20 unless anybody asks nicely for a gift.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Holy christ, they keep adding more stuff to that bundle and some of it is a BIG DEAL. Celeste was just added in!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So were Nuclear Throne and UnderHero.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Xander77 posted:

Shame. It brought back some memories from my teenage years - an arcade beat-em-up where you also control a large crowd, but it's actually a diverse crowd of fantasy archetypes, rather than a bunch of sprite clones.

Wonder what that was? Google isn't being very helpful.

Maybe the thread about helping goons remember old games would be more helpful?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2925708

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Geneshift. is free on Steam again.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Donkringel posted:

Geneshift. is free on Steam again.

This game has really improved a great deal over it's 10+ years in development. Originally a simple GTA2 style round based shooter under names like Subvein and Mutant Factions, it's now got an engine that's been rebuilt like 3 times and some really fast paced and fun topdown action. It's all a labour of love by one guy too; definitely worth a look.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Yeah, I'll admit I'm probably spoiled by steam at this point.

I'd rather get a steam code than a DRM free game. The organization and reliability is too important to me.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Zesty posted:

I'd rather get a steam code than a DRM free game. The organization and reliability is too important to me.

for $5 and 1000+ games I think you can risk it to support a good cause here.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Bottom Liner posted:

i'll risk ur $5

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Bottom Liner posted:

Huh? I wasn't saying anything about that.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Zesty posted:

Huh? I wasn't saying anything about that.

you might've missed the entire discussion that people were having when you weighed in on rather having a steam key than picking up the bundle

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It's okay, team. We're going to get through this together.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
these games are tearing us apart!

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
waiting for itch to just say fuckit and include everything in the bundle, that's right, all of itch.

e: close to 1,500 items now. :psyduck: I feel like i should donate again for all the extra things they've added.

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 10, 2020

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

boo_radley posted:

waiting for itch to just say fuckit and include everything in the bundle, that's right, all of itch.

e: close to 1,500 items now. :psyduck: I feel like i should donate again for all the extra things they've added.

I bought a few more as gifts, that's one way

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

boo_radley posted:

When I read they added a few games, I didn't expect them to double the size of the already ridiculously generous bundle.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I follow a few of the devs that have games in the bundle and the common thread seems to be they aren't rich or have huge followings so they can't really support the movement maybe the way they want but if they can get their game in this bundle to help out the value of the overall deal it definitely makes them feel like they're helping a tiny bit more.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

Zesty posted:

It's okay, team. We're going to get through this together.

I didn't believe this the first 50 times Bank of America/Pfizer/Chevy/Hotpockets/etc. told me this, and I don't believe you.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

ARK: Survival Evolved is free on EGS this week

The Escapists 2 and Pathway next week

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/samurai-shodown-neogeo-collection/ is also apparently free but I'm damned if I can get their website to work.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
looks like ark has a few dlcs up for grabs as well if you scroll down

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

repiv posted:

ARK: Survival Evolved is free on EGS this week

The Escapists 2 and Pathway next week

So is the Samurai Showdown NEOGEO Collection

"SAMURAI SHODOWN was originally released on the NEOGEO in 1993, followed by its sequel SAMURAI SHODOWN II in 1994. The series became a trilogy in 1995 with SAMURAI SHODOWN III, followed soon after SAMURAI SHODOWN IV AMAKUSA’S REVENGE released in 1996. Seven years later the series returned with 2003’s SAMURAI SHODOWN V, and SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL released the following year on the NEOGEO... The new SAMURAI SHODOWN NEOGEO COLLECTION also includes a title never before released to the public. SAMURAI SHODOWN V PERFECT is a mysterious final version of SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL."

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Is Ark that survival game where you can poo poo and then throw your poo poo at people?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

StoryTime posted:

Is Ark that survival game where you can poo poo and then throw your poo poo at people?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Aq-gm3An0

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Cool, it seems like the kind of thing I'd do in a multiplayer survival game.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Is Ark the dick one?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Is Ark the dick one?

That's Rust.

EDIT: "You will receive 1509 items"

:holymoley:

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 11, 2020

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Is Ark the dick one?

No, that's Conan

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Ark is like 275gb download lmao

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
just lol if you ever actually install and play the games you get from this thread

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Bottom Liner posted:

It says only 60gb of storage required?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Bottom Liner posted:

How in the world does that happen? Its graphics are kind of lovely looking, so its not like they have super high resolution models or something like that. They must not be compressing anything.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Len posted:

It says only 60gb of storage required?

each of the DLCs add another ~60gb apparently.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Remember you have to do like 4-5 transactions to get all of its free DLCs.

Because Epic has people who learned how to code a shopping cart in the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

And what a momentous sacrifice it is for art -- to painstakingly collect, curate and package 275gb of poop textures and then selflessly offer them for free download on the celebrated Epic Games Store.