Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Yeah I don't think Redd has ever had a reliable schedule in the past two decades. (Outside of like City Folk where you came to visit him in the city instead of the other way around.)

It was probably easiest in New Leaf because you were able to convert like two of your special visitors into permanent shopkeepers which freed up at least two days of the week for him to potentially visit.

So y'know, hoping that happens again in regards to some of the visitors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

So Apollo the bald eagle is in boxes today, for anyone that wants to claim him.

Send me a message if you want him.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Wrong thread lol

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jun 10, 2020

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

bushisms.txt posted:

Omg macbrover is based on macgruber, so his melee is throat rips.

I love this game

Derwin keeps punching my other residents in the head, please advise.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

This is why I don't get any wolf villagers, too much throat ripping otherwise

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

One of my villagers has just asked to leave and I've said they should. Do I start looking for their replacement today or tomorrow?

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
The next day.

Day 1 ask
Day 2 boxes
Day 3 open plot—this is when you search.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
God damnit, now I've had nothing but amazing grumpy villagers when I'm looking for a smug

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
How many days after a villager moves in can you move their house? I need to put Marina in a different district

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Macaluso posted:

How many days after a villager moves in can you move their house? I need to put Marina in a different district

Anytime they're not in boxes

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bonster posted:

Anytime they're not in boxes

K good. My hope was being able to move Reneigh out of the way somewhere, move Marina tomorrow after she's unpacked, and put Reneigh in Marina's current spot. I didn't want to have to wait like a week to do it.

Also holy cow, her walls and floor are BRIGHT pink candy. I can't wait to see the rest of her house.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Grapplejack posted:

big fan of party popper wizard.
That was me, thanks!

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Aw nuts, I got a real Quaint Painting yesterday but I already have one in my museum! Anyone got any real art they would trade?

The Clowning
Jan 10, 2007
I'm certainly not gonna sign for any more packages with the word "Congo" written in blood.
Hey everyone, I hope it's okay if I ask a technical question in this thread. I've been playing ACNH for a month now and I finally bought a Nintendo Online subscription, only to discover that my NAT type is D, so I can't connect to anyone (e.g. to travel by Dodo Code). Nintendo Support says to set up port forwarding for ports 1 through 65535, though some people claim you only need ports 45000 through 65535. Either way, my security-conscious sys admin partner is not willing to do that on our home network. He's talking about creating a new virtual access point that we would only use for the Switch, but he implied that it's inconvenient for him to do. Has anyone else faced this issue and found a good compromise between effort required and security involved?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

The Clowning posted:

Hey everyone, I hope it's okay if I ask a technical question in this thread. I've been playing ACNH for a month now and I finally bought a Nintendo Online subscription, only to discover that my NAT type is D, so I can't connect to anyone (e.g. to travel by Dodo Code). Nintendo Support says to set up port forwarding for ports 1 through 65535, though some people claim you only need ports 45000 through 65535. Either way, my security-conscious sys admin partner is not willing to do that on our home network. He's talking about creating a new virtual access point that we would only use for the Switch, but he implied that it's inconvenient for him to do. Has anyone else faced this issue and found a good compromise between effort required and security involved?

My advice is to tell your partner to be less of an anal weirdo and remind him that his home is not his work. Moreover, if he insists on being an anal weirdo, he should do the work necessary for you to do what you want on your home network, even if it’s “inconvenient.”

Prowler
May 24, 2004

The Clowning posted:

If your partner set your network up in such a way that it is very inconvenient for them to set up port forwarding for security reasons, then they value security over convenience. Not a bad thing, but that's the whole point: they shouldn't complain about how inconvenient something is if they configured it that way, nor should they make you feel bad about simply wanting to play a video game online.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

hold a single note to attract stars!

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

The Clowning posted:

You don't need port forwarding, you just need to not randomise the outgoing ports from this device/the Switch when applying NAT

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Happy day, Redd is in town after only waiting two weeks this time!!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

We'd been looking for a sisterly villager in our town and decided we wanted either Phoebe or Cherry. Lo and behold, Cherry was at our campsite this morning! :neckbeard:

It took 90 minutes of constant badgering and resetting to get her to finally move in and replace the villager we wanted to leave. First you have to keep chatting with her until you get the option to suggest her moving in, which is something like 20% of the dialogue options. Then, she'll usually just outright say no and you have to start over again, but occasionally she'll offer a game of chance, either where you have 25% or 50% chance of winning, and on extremely rare occasions (happened 3 times in 90 minutes of trying) she'll outright say yes without needing to play a game. Then after all that, if there's only one villager you're willing to replace her with, you have to hit the 10% chance that she'll offer to replace that specific villager. If she doesn't, you need to reset the game before advancing the dialogue beyond the screen where she suggests who to replace and start over.

A huge hassle, but it feels great to finally get her. :love:

stabbity
Sep 28, 2004

I have Ruby the albino peppy bunny in boxes today, if anyone wants. PM me for a code.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
I’ve got Ankha making an Ironwood Dresser today. She’s the first house to the left of the airport up on the hill.

If you have time to water, I have a river island that I’m using to grow hybrid flowers. They could use a drink! It’s northeast of residential services. Cans provided.

Dodo:LV5GB

Edit:Ive also got Margie—a normal elephant—in boxes. Labelle sunglasses at Able’s.

Boonoo fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jun 10, 2020

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Depressio111117 posted:

Dope - there's a pink drink machine on its way, I'll contact ya on Discord tomorrow!

I haven't seen a discord message and tried to PM you on the forums but haven't heard back - is there a good time to do the trade?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

10th ticket is the charm :3:

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

I got Samson in my campsite today, and he asked to trade with Rowan. Rowan was one of my originals moving in so it's going to be bittersweet but it's a perfect swap, one jock for another.

If anyone wants a lovable tiger who comes up with the best catchphrases, please let me know. He's in boxes right now.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Dammit Snake where the hell did you go to "have fun somewhere else"? I need to talk to everyone today and you're loving it all up :argh:

I've looked everywhere on the island, checked every building and he's not there. The museum is closed for renovations so he can't be wandering around in there either. I know he's a ninja but he's not supposed to be this good at it. Does Blathers eat rabbits? :ohdear:

When I googled the "having fun somewhere else" message to find out exactly what it meant, I also came across a completely insufferable article on Business Insider of all things, which I won't bother linking but it basically says "Animal Crossing is a terrible and boring game for stupid babies and everything in it sucks, but if you like your stupid baby game go ahead I guess :smug:" Someone presumably got paid to write that.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I've currently got an afternoon turnip price of 560, The dodo code is being distributed on the Something Awful AC Discord.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Finally got my pics from the Witches Sabbat uploaded.

My favorite is this one:

because it looks like on a night of serene stargazing, Chicken Doodle suddenly has soiled her pantaloons. Just goes to show - never trust a fart, people! :keke:

Rest of the album is here.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
Does Blathers ever tell you if you've collected all the fossils for the museum? I haven't been given the option to donate a fossil for some time, and none of myvexhibits seem to be missing any pieces (even looked at all the signs)

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Stool Sample posted:

Does Blathers ever tell you if you've collected all the fossils for the museum? I haven't been given the option to donate a fossil for some time, and none of myvexhibits seem to be missing any pieces (even looked at all the signs)

Blathers definitely mentions when you're done. It's a whole thing.

Nook store has all the fossils in an alphabetical list, which makes pulling up a checklist online and seeing what you're missing a lot easier than walking around trying to spot empty spaces.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

:hellyeah:, also somebody please make an actual cat version of :3:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I used over 60,000 nook miles in search of a smug villager I didn't hate. I ended up with Huck because he's got a permanent dreamworks smugface which makes me lol

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Oh man, Lolly was my third villager and she is the goddamned BEST, she’s always singing and being considerate and poo poo.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Chicken Doodle posted:

I got Samson in my campsite today, and he asked to trade with Rowan. Rowan was one of my originals moving in so it's going to be bittersweet but it's a perfect swap, one jock for another.

If anyone wants a lovable tiger who comes up with the best catchphrases, please let me know. He's in boxes right now.

if he is still available I’d love to have Rowan. Just had a villager ask to leave today

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Snake, this isn't funny. Stop hiding. I still need to talk to you. I've gone over the island with a fine-toothed comb and he seems to have completely vanished from existence.

I swear, if this guy is mad at me tomorrow because I "ignored" him today, I'll do everything in my power to replace him with Beardo.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Doc M posted:

Snake, this isn't funny. Stop hiding. I still need to talk to you. I've gone over the island with a fine-toothed comb and he seems to have completely vanished from existence.

I swear, if this guy is mad at me tomorrow because I "ignored" him today, I'll do everything in my power to replace him with Beardo.

It's a sneaking mission

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
You might want to try closing entirely and opening back up again. Sometimes this resets locations if they're hiding.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

track day bro! posted:

I used over 60,000 nook miles in search of a smug villager I didn't hate. I ended up with Huck because he's got a permanent dreamworks smugface which makes me lol

you shouldve just waited for your campsite, iirc it doesn't repeat until the loop and eventually it'll cycle through every smug (and peppy?) villager in the game

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Doc M posted:

Have you checked all the rooms in the museum? Other villager's houses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

track day bro! posted:

We had both Graham and Leopold on our island at one point and it's amazing how much I hated Leopold vs how much I loved Graham, even though they say pretty much the exact same things. Today is Leopold's last day on the island. Byeeeeee. :wave: