Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

zoux posted:

What's a five sided fistagon

If you have to ask you can't afford it

edit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

A Bakers Cousin posted:

If you have to ask you can't afford it

edit:

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Duey posted:

Paul Ryan is a big RATM fan. Which still boggles my mind.

Paul Ryan thinks a Randian Utopia would be sticking it to the man

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
No idea who Paul Ryan is, but he sounds like a dumbass.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Anarchism is equivalent to libertarianism if you have a stick up your rear end.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Grendels Dad posted:

No idea who Paul Ryan is, but he sounds like a dumbass.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Those loving noodle legs get me everytime.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Those are some big weights, I better not mess with this bro.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

It's just such a confusing photo, like he's on a bench surrounded by weights except he has his phone in a running arm holder and his hat on backwards. It's obviously also not in a gym so a photoshoot? Why would you have a photoshoot like this?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zedprime posted:

Anarchism is equivalent to libertarianism if you have a stick up your rear end.

the libertarians screaming "WE'VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR DECADES" about the cop thing is pretty amusing

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Aramoro posted:

It's just such a confusing photo, like he's on a bench surrounded by weights except he has his phone in a running arm holder and his hat on backwards. It's obviously also not in a gym so a photoshoot? Why would you have a photoshoot like this?

His pose is also like, "bro. Wait your turn. I'm getting my pump on."

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Aramoro posted:

I couldn't find it but the photographer talked about that photoshoot and even he was weirded out.

The New York Times
Mar 2, 2013

Call
1-800-NYTIMES for FREE home delivery

A while back my gf said that lots of people have been spelling lose with an extra o for some reason.

That sounded crazy but I keep seeing it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The New York Times posted:

A while back my gf said that lots of people have been spelling lose with an extra o for some reason.

That sounded crazy but I keep seeing it.

my boss does this

no matter how many times its pointed out

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

It's a common spelling error. Loose and lose have different vowel sounds, but they're both long-o sounds, and English often spells long-o's with double o's. Say "coo" "too" and "lose" out loud and you'll hear it. Meanwhile "loss" has a totally different vowel but it's spelled one letter off from "lose."

Basically english spelling is hosed up and anything involving vowels is super hosed. This language desperately needs some diacritics.

edit: talking more or less neutral broadcast-grade American accents. I dunno what the scots or texas panhandle are doing maybe the spelling makes sense if you are one of those west virginians with an almost-Elizabethan accent.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rage Against The Machine is at least a bunch of white dudes, but for someone who only looks at the surface level of things how could you possibly think Pink could be a conservative?

Also I'm sure this guy was big fan of both before, since there's such a big crossover in their audiences.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Uh, wut?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Knormal posted:

Rage Against The Machine is at least a bunch of white dudes, but for someone who only looks at the surface level of things how could you possibly think Pink could be a conservative?

Also I'm sure this guy was big fan of both before, since there's such a big crossover in their audiences.

They don't care if the people are conservatives they just want them to stay in their lane and make music, not get political

Yes, this is extremely stupid

The New York Times
Mar 2, 2013

Call
1-800-NYTIMES for FREE home delivery
He was like “gently caress you I won’t do what Obama tells me”

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

The Bloop posted:

They don't care if the people are conservatives they just want them to stay in their lane and make music, not get political

Musicians: a group (and rock stars in particular) well known as paragons of apolitical neutrality who studiously avoid using their platform to make statements.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

The Bloop posted:

Yes, this is extremely stupid

This is my favorite RATM quote

https://twitter.com/tmorello/status/1269369519580930048

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/318013465652494336/715126835276677170/Expert_kill.mp4

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Knormal posted:

Zacharias Manuel de la Rocha is half-Mexican, Tom Morello is half-Kenyan, and Brad Wilk is Jewish.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Aramoro posted:

That photographer also took this infamous picture. I'm guessing he just likes to gently caress with idiots?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Knormal posted:

Tom Morello's dad is a Kenyan who participated in the Mau Mau Rebellion.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk5A6CmA5PQ

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Lodin posted:

That photographer also took this infamous picture. I'm guessing he just likes to gently caress with idiots?

Does anybody else remember when it was called "Artificial Reality"?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

chitoryu12 posted:

Zacharias Manuel de la Rocha is half-Mexican, Tom Morello is half-Kenyan, and Brad Wilk is Jewish.

zoux posted:

Tom Morello's dad is a Kenyan who participated in the Mau Mau Rebellion.
Well I was not picturing the right band at all in my head. Admittedly I don't know anything about Rage Against the Machine and couldn't name a single one of their songs, I was just assuming based on the CHUD's assumption, which was a bad idea. Disregard.

Edit: But I do like Pink, which proves my point about crossover fans.

Knormal has a new favorite as of 22:52 on Jun 10, 2020

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Knormal posted:

Well I was not picturing the right band at all in my head. Admittedly I don't know anything about Rage Against the Machine and couldn't name a single one of their songs, I was just assuming based on the CHUD's assumption, which was a bad idea. Disregard.

Sounds like time to get educated!

https://youtu.be/bWXazVhlyxQ

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aleph Null posted:

Does anybody else remember when it was called "Artificial Reality"?

Honestly no and I played Dactyl Nightmare when it was new

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

It was around this time that he mentioned he runs Olympic qualifying marathon times and basically everyone who knew him came out saying it was bullshit.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

dialhforhero posted:

Just to quote Guerilla Radio lyrics:

“All for Gore or the son of a drug lord? None of the above? gently caress it, cut the cord!”

This album came out in 1999.

Titled: Battle of Los Angeles

Because of LA Riots.

Who the drug lord

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Randaconda posted:

the libertarians screaming "WE'VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR DECADES" about the cop thing is pretty amusing

Libertarians have never said that in their lives

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

Who the drug lord

Guessing that would be Dubya? On account of his pop and Reagans shenanigans. The whole Contra thing and the crack epidemic and all.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Cyrano4747 posted:

Its a common spelling error. Loose and lose have different vowel sound’s, but their both long-o sound’s, and English often spell’s long-o's with double o's. Say "coo" "too" and "lose" out loud and you'll hear it. Meanwhile "loss" has a totally different vowel but its spelled one letter off from "lose."

Basically english spelling is hosed up and anything involving vowel’s is super hosed. This language desperately need’s some diacritic’s.

edit: talking more or less neutral broadcast-grade American accent’s. I dunno what the scot’s or texas panhandle are doing maybe the spelling make’s sense if you are one of those west virginian’s with an almost-Elizabethan accent.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The best one so far.
https://twitter.com/DJshaqfanacc/status/1270243260947185664?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

^^^ "the best one so far" indicates this is one of a series and I demand to see the second-best one so far

unrelated: