Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

GWBBQ posted:

they actually cancelled COPS :lol:

watcha gonna do when they cancel you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Remember when trump wanted to nuke a hurricane

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

muscles like this! posted:

The new Trump/NFL feud reminded me of how Mike Pence went to a game with the express purpose of leaving early once the players started kneeling. Wasting thousands of taxpayer dollars to make an empty political statement.

Every Trump/NFL mention reminds me of the fact that he made the owner of the New York Jets ambassador to the United Kingdom

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
That had pretty recent precedent...Obama made roll Dan Rooney ambassador to Ireland lol

(Seems like Rooney’s was actually pretty well regarded. He had a long history of working with Irish & Irish American organizations so not like he was plucked off the street. Go Steelers.)

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Evan McMullin named Mindy Finn as he VP choice, making them a literal McMu-Finn ticket

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

https://twitter.com/modernistwitch/status/1270745735881994240?s=20

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i know that's not the intended meaning, but

quote:

he wrongly concluded... because he is a law enforcement officer
is an amazing quote.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he wrong... because he is a law enforcement officer

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
Our police chief wrongly assumed his department was an occupying force in a warzone and applied for a grant to purchase military equipment...because he is a law enforcement officer

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

MikeCrotch posted:

If you've got enough cash you can straight up buy Maltese citizenship

As a complete coincidence they also have very favourable tax status for the wealthy

if you invest a million in real estate you have cypriotic citizenship and it's russian oligarchs' favorite way to whitewash their shady deals in the eu

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

belgend posted:

if you invest a million in real estate you have cypriotic citizenship and it's russian oligarchs' favorite way to whitewash their shady deals in the eu

Especially now the City of London isn't in the EU anymore lol

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

According to Francis Fukuyama, Bush invaded Iraq because he had turned Leninist

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
and then Bush's actual reasons were Gog and Magog.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
I thought it was money and daddy issues.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

The German Corona-skeptic political party "Widerstand2020" claimed to be the fastest-growing political movement in German history. It later turned out that they counted every single visitor of their webpage as a party member

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
the worst sin of the W movie was pretending the Iraq war was declared due to daddy issues as opposed to the actual reasons

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

I mean...it's kentucky

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Fish of hemp posted:

I thought it was money and daddy issues.
No, he literally said God told him to invade.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/bush-god-told-me-to-invade-iraq-6262644.html

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Dreylad posted:

and then Bush's actual reasons were Gog and Magog.

I sometimes wonder if the actual reason is that Saudi Arabia wanted the US to attack for them, the US didn't want to, and then Saudi Arabia hijacked a few planes and flew them into buildings to send a message. Subsequently Bush didn't want his family's dirty dealings with them to be exposed so he acted like it was Iraq that did it and covered up Saudi involvement.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Tony Blair did the same thing without the excuse of having evangelicals to play to

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Spergin Morlock posted:

I sometimes wonder if the actual reason is that Saudi Arabia wanted the US to attack for them, the US didn't want to, and then Saudi Arabia hijacked a few planes and flew them into buildings to send a message. Subsequently Bush didn't want his family's dirty dealings with them to be exposed so he acted like it was Iraq that did it and covered up Saudi involvement.

At this point anything's possible

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

MikeCrotch posted:

Tony Blair did the same thing without the excuse of having evangelicals to play to

Tony Blair is just straight up evil man.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

with the CHAZ going on i've been thinking about the 2011 occupation of the wisconsin capitol building

was good to be there and protest, but also it failed miserably........

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Spergin Morlock posted:

that's kitty history canon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Lvv1f5Qu4

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

with the CHAZ going on i've been thinking about the 2011 occupation of the wisconsin capitol building

was good to be there and protest, but also it failed miserably........

It didn't fail miserably, it was (purposefully?) undermined by Democrats who reran the same candidate who lost the election to Walker.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

LastInLine posted:

It didn't fail miserably, it was (purposefully?) undermined by Democrats who reran the same candidate who lost the election to Walker.

the protests and occupation did not prevent act 10 from passing and the lost recall election further entrenched walker/gop power............ it failed miserably!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R07jTNExXsk

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
I was always fond of this ol' chestnut about Romney's dog, Seamus.

Boston Globe posted:

The ride was largely what you'd expect with five brothers, ages 13 and under, packed into a wagon they called the ''white whale.''

As the oldest son, Tagg Romney commandeered the way-back of the wagon, keeping his eyes fixed out the rear window, where he glimpsed the first sign of trouble. ''Dad!'' he yelled. ''Gross!'' A brown liquid was dripping down the back window, payback from an Irish setter who'd been riding on the roof in the wind for hours.

As the rest of the boys joined in the howls of disgust, Romney coolly pulled off the highway and into a service station. There, he borrowed a hose, washed down Seamus and the car, then hopped back onto the highway. It was a tiny preview of a trait he would grow famous for in business: emotion-free crisis management.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

"Emotion-free crisis management" aka a psychopath.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The government today are bragging about it being the anniversary of the 1902 act that their predecessors introduced giving women the right to vote. On closer inspection though it only gave white women the right to vote and POC were still excluded. :toot:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Lmao i remember mitt losing the presidency for dog roof strapping but i never saw the part about its loving liquid diarrhea

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
But somehow the weirdest part of this is remembering Mitt names his kids weird poo poo like "Tagg"
White people....

https://www.deseret.com/2013/12/31/20532235/msnbc-anchor-apologizes-for-mocking-mitt-romney-s-family-photo-with-black-grandchild

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

pre escalator times were loving great

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

black void mouth like ross ulbricht

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

pre escalator times were loving great

We will never see their like again

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Michael Bloomberg correctly explaining on a Democratic presidential primary debate stage that Xi Jinping is not a dictator, but in fact serves at the pleasure of the Politburo and must govern to the satisfaction of his constituency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

hey remember when democratic candidate for president joe biden audibly poo poo himself on stream