Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

lol theres some intense arguing over BLM and protests in the Eastmarch zone chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

lol theres some intense arguing over BLM and protests in the Eastmarch zone chat

Yesterday I ran into some Israelis discussing the Jew World Order conspiracy with an open antisemite, in Rivenspire. I believe he was upset with some trading guild or other.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
the most interesting thing I saw today was in some random house with mooks I was trying to sneak past for a quest, I aggroed one and was running around trying to lose aggro so I could sneak past it again. Some dude wandered into the house and said 'Could you get out of here and stop ruining my game.' I carried on and completed my quest, and all the time I was in there he was just assassinating the mobs one by one, waiting for them to respawn, and then doing it over again. I don't know how levels work in this game, but he had a 500-ish number displayed on his unit plate, which I assumed was relatively high, and so he wasn't there in Vvardenfell to do anything actually worthwhile, and was just a creepy dude who liked to assassinate mobs in peace.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Bardeh posted:

the most interesting thing I saw today was in some random house with mooks I was trying to sneak past for a quest, I aggroed one and was running around trying to lose aggro so I could sneak past it again. Some dude wandered into the house and said 'Could you get out of here and stop ruining my game.' I carried on and completed my quest, and all the time I was in there he was just assassinating the mobs one by one, waiting for them to respawn, and then doing it over again. I don't know how levels work in this game, but he had a 500-ish number displayed on his unit plate, which I assumed was relatively high, and so he wasn't there in Vvardenfell to do anything actually worthwhile, and was just a creepy dude who liked to assassinate mobs in peace.

Dude was farming npc kills trying to get certain poo poo that's only available from committing crimes in vvardenfell (iirc it's motifs). Either that or he's just a terrible RPer, report him for being a dingus and move on. The number indicates how many Champion Points he has, which is the post-level 50 progression system.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Ruining his game of farming mobs, hilarious. The most boring of all MMO poo poo.

Cholfo
Sep 16, 2007
I am giving this game a shot and would like a guild invite please. I am @Cholfo.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

FileNotFound posted:

To all the new players:

If you are leveling to 50 - and you are not wearing training gear - Please reach out to me.
@Mordgier via in game mail.

You're probably on the US servers? Do we have any good crafters active on the EU servers? I'm having a hell of a time trying to keep my magicka necromancer geared up.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

You're probably on the US servers? Do we have any good crafters active on the EU servers? I'm having a hell of a time trying to keep my magicka necromancer geared up.

Yup US...

You can probably join any large active guild and find crafters who will craft for free or for mats for the guild.

Failing that, ask in zone chat, in general sub 160cp gear costs under 500g a piece as purples, ~800g with enchants to make so if you offer 12k for a full set you'll generally have an easy time finding crafters willing to make it.

If you can't get a set crafted by asking in zone chat in Vvardenfell then I really have no idea what is going on in the EU servers. Vvardenfell is packed with crafters on NA doing daily writs.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Der Shovel posted:

What level are you? I'm still working on research, but I can craft low to mid level sets with some training
Mostly light armor though.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Mormon Star Wars posted:

What level are you? I'm still working on research, but I can craft low to mid level sets with some training
Mostly light armor though.

Keep in mind that you can buy research scrolls for gold. On the US it's about 2k gold per scroll and cuts out 1 day of research.

Or you can do sealed writs and buy them directly from the vendor for vouchers.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Speaking of traits and research, Invigorating is obviously the worst trait, right? A whole 3 pts of Mag/Stam/Health regen is beyond useless and even on Legendary equipment it's all of 11. It feels like its only purpose is as a trap for beginners who just research whatever they find and then have to spend longer researching the other traits.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

FileNotFound posted:

Keep in mind that you can buy research scrolls for gold. On the US it's about 2k gold per scroll and cuts out 1 day of research.

Or you can do sealed writs and buy them directly from the vendor for vouchers.

wait what where do you buy research scrolls for gold i dont want to wait months to finish up the last few traits

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

ASenileAnimal posted:

wait what where do you buy research scrolls for gold i dont want to wait months to finish up the last few traits

Most guild vendors....

You can get them from writ vouchers that you get for doing sealed writs.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Do those scrolls decrease the research time 1 day per scroll? I was under the impression that you could only use them 1 scroll per trait, so a 21 day research could at best be a 20 day research.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Inspector 34 posted:

Do those scrolls decrease the research time 1 day per scroll? I was under the impression that you could only use them 1 scroll per trait, so a 21 day research could at best be a 20 day research.

1 day per scroll once a day, each scroll has individual cool downs so you can use one of each daily, so you effectively cut the time in half if you read a scroll daily.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
Wow just started playing this game recently and have blown thru to lvl 50 and cp 60. Figured at the rate I'm going I should join the guild(s) asap.

If someone could throw me an invite @Kragg IGN Kraggur that would be appreciated.

Once I get to cp 160 I'll need some help getting some Julianos crafted to start with.

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
I bought this game when it was on sale with all the expansions (minus the new) and now discovered that a friend plays. The questing seems more adjusted for single player type play. We're not aiming for end game or anything, so is there anything that two players can do together that is interesting?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Mostly Lurking posted:

I bought this game when it was on sale with all the expansions (minus the new) and now discovered that a friend plays. The questing seems more adjusted for single player type play. We're not aiming for end game or anything, so is there anything that two players can do together that is interesting?

Public dungeons.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Mostly Lurking posted:

Get married and both get EXP bonus adventuring together.

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.

Mostly Lurking posted:

This game has too much content.
World bosses, public dungeons, have steady buddy to queue with for dungeon dungeons, 2-man normal mode dungeons, Cyrodil and IC PvP.

And get married.
The exp bonuses peak for duos.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lol the patch broke fences on ps4

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Cuddly Tumblemumps posted:

And get married.
The exp bonuses peak for duos.

Get married twice and have your spouses marry each other too so you can all double up on XP rings.

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.

Reclaimer posted:

Get married twice and have your spouses marry each other too so you can all double up on XP rings.

Just make sure to marry a tank, if you are not one yourself. You need a strong spouse who can provide you with shorter PvE queues. Don't settle for less than you deserve in a marriage!

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

ASenileAnimal posted:

lol the patch broke fences on ps4

Did you get Greymoor? It’s not showing up in the PSN store for me in the US.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Doctor Zero posted:

I'm in the US and was able to buy it about an hour ago.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Doctor Zero posted:

i wasent able to buy this morning but im holding off for a bit until i level my tank to 50

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to propose to my bro and hold hands in some dungeons.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
alright, picked up Greymoor and hopefully servers won't keep breaking so I can do video game more

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I’ve been getting some annoying hitching/stuttering since the update on PS4

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

omg chael crash posted:

I’ve been getting some annoying hitching/stuttering since the update on PS4

same its been choppy as hell

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I think this would be my favorite game of all time if it weren't for the narrative through-line. I'm a sucker for narrative consistency, which means I feel like I have to do each map strictly, in order, to the most I feel I can reasonably complete it which.... kind of sucks because I know if I could get over my poo poo and deal with the fact that Lyris appears in four places at once like a half-giant time traveler, there's a lot of cool stuff I could do. Plus leveling goes by too fast in this game to play it in such a constrained manner.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Cuddly Tumblemumps posted:

Just make sure to marry a tank, if you are not one yourself. You need a strong spouse who can provide you with shorter PvE queues. Don't settle for less than you deserve in a marriage!

Buddy I am a tank.

And I married a healer.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

FileNotFound posted:

To all the new players:

If you are leveling to 50 - and you are not wearing training gear - Please reach out to me.
@Mordgier via in game mail.

So far just 1 person has done this, I expect far more than one of the new people is running around in mismatched random trait non set gear....

Mail me your class, mag/stam, and level and I'll get you a full training gear for your level.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

FileNotFound posted:

So far just 1 person has done this, I expect far more than one of the new people is running around in mismatched random trait non set gear....

Mail me your class, mag/stam, and level and I'll get you a full training gear for your level.

Can you make CP160 gear? Only 60ish cp away from needing some Julianos crafted although I have no idea how much that will cost.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

insider posted:

Can you make CP160 gear? Only 60ish cp away from needing some Julianos crafted although I have no idea how much that will cost.

Depends if you want it shiny gold or not - but I can craft it at cost either way.

Mail me in game and I'll respond with the mats/cost breakdown.

Or - figure it out yourself using: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1697-DolgubonsLazySetCrafter.html

I might be missing some traits still by the way - but probably not ones you care about....

Also if cost is a concern, a 150 set of blues is basically free and if you are planning to poopsock dungeons sets for a week right after you hit 160 there is little reason to craft 160 gear. Fungal Grotto I is stupidly easy and short and Spider Cultist set is very decent for caster DPS - you can probably get a full set in a night of chain running that lovely dungeon.....

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 11, 2020

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I think this would be my favorite game of all time if it weren't for the narrative through-line. I'm a sucker for narrative consistency, which means I feel like I have to do each map strictly, in order, to the most I feel I can reasonably complete it which.... kind of sucks because I know if I could get over my poo poo and deal with the fact that Lyris appears in four places at once like a half-giant time traveler, there's a lot of cool stuff I could do. Plus leveling goes by too fast in this game to play it in such a constrained manner.

I'll be honest this is one of my biggest annoyances as well. I've watched a few streamers get into the game only to have that realization that "ohhh... I played the content out of order..." and get disappointed.

It doesn't affect stuff like the Ebonheart Pact much because those zone stories really are mostly "story of the week" kind of stuff but I can't imagine how horrifically the AD storyline feels done out of order.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Sky Shadowing posted:

I can't imagine how horrifically the AD storyline feels done out of order.

after doing all the alliance quests its all a blur

wait didnt i already kill this guy OH HI RAZ

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/413807/what-order-should-i-do-esos-story-arcs-a-guide

Storyline order up to greymoor

insider
Feb 22, 2007

FileNotFound posted:

Depends if you want it shiny gold or not - but I can craft it at cost either way.

Mail me in game and I'll respond with the mats/cost breakdown.

Or - figure it out yourself using: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1697-DolgubonsLazySetCrafter.html

I might be missing some traits still by the way - but probably not ones you care about....

Also if cost is a concern, a 150 set of blues is basically free and if you are planning to poopsock dungeons sets for a week right after you hit 160 there is little reason to craft 160 gear. Fungal Grotto I is stupidly easy and short and Spider Cultist set is very decent for caster DPS - you can probably get a full set in a night of chain running that lovely dungeon.....

I sent you a mail via that addon from @Kragg, no idea how if it worked. Its saying the cost is 3.3k which seems low but I'm not sure if that is taking into account what I have in bank or not. Just let me know and I'll pay (I have like 25k right now and just saving). I understand I'll get better sets in dungeons but I really want at least one full set I can put on right when I get to CP160 to keep rolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

insider posted:

I sent you a mail via that addon from @Kragg, no idea how if it worked. Its saying the cost is 3.3k which seems low but I'm not sure if that is taking into account what I have in bank or not. Just let me know and I'll pay (I have like 25k right now and just saving). I understand I'll get better sets in dungeons but I really want at least one full set I can put on right when I get to CP160 to keep rolling.

Ok - that was awesome. That just added it right to my crafting queue - made whole set in 2 minutes....