Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: CHANGO & Kaji Tomato vs. Ayato Yoshida & Tank Nagai, 2AW GRAND SLAM 3/25 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR6_RJhL8_Q
MOTYC: Yuji Okabayashi vs. Shu Asakawa, 2AW GRAND SLAM 3/25 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NEYG1ODR-I
MOTYC: Tank Nagai vs. Yuji Okabayashi, 2AW GRAND SLAM 5/23 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mczjqCq7sV8&feature=youtu.be

2AW has had some fantastic high profile matches that are very hard-hitting.

HM: Baby Extreme vs. Dinamico, The Crash 1/18 - https://youtu.be/Y9k37iC-enk Great indie lucha libre match.
HM: Isami Kodaka & Yuko Miyamoto vs. Daisuke Sekimoto & Kohei Sato, BJW 2/11 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0hWsDyIhZk&feature=youtu.be
HM: Antonio Honda vs. Sayaka Obihiro, Gatoh Move ChocoPro 8 - https://youtu.be/u8DqNHclepQ?t=2595 - Comedy match that turns very serious and hard hitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: FTR vs. The Butcher & The Blade, Dynamite 6/10

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Punch McLightning posted:

Seconded. Old school match kicked up to 11.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

nth, yeah.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

4thed. Real good tag wrestling!

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Nth on FTR/BnB

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Hell yes, nth. That was my kind of poo poo

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Nth

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This

Also, HM: Kris Statlander & Hikaru Shida vs. Penelope Ford & Nyla Rose, AEW Dynamite 6/10

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

Also, HM: Kris Statlander & Hikaru Shida vs. Penelope Ford & Nyla Rose, AEW Dynamite 6/10

nth, match slapped

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

sportsgenius86 posted:

nth

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

nth.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

sportsgenius86 posted:

This

Nth

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

This

Nth.

Also, HM: Sammy Guevara vs. Colt Cabana, AEW Dynamite 6/10

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Dango Bango posted:

HM: Sammy Guevara vs. Colt Cabana, AEW Dynamite 6/10

oh yes

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

Nth.

nth

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

HM: Marq Quen vs. Cody, AEW Dynamite 6/10

AEW makes another star

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

AEW makes another star

Nth

Marq Quen looked loving awesome

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

AEW makes another star

nth

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Dango Bango posted:

AEW makes another star

Nth

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

AEW makes another star

nth.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Dango Bango posted:

AEW makes another star

big yee haw

nth

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Dango Bango posted:

AEW makes another star

Nth. This was the kind of match that was easily on MOTYC trajectory if it was just given a bit more time. Marq Quen's selling was phenomenal

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Kris Statlander & Hikaru Shida vs. Penelope Ford & Nyla Rose, AEW Dynamite 6/10

Dango Bango posted:

HM: Sammy Guevara vs. Colt Cabana, AEW Dynamite 6/10

Dango Bango posted:

Big yee nth for all these fine matches.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Crapple! posted:

Nth. This was the kind of match that was easily on MOTYC trajectory if it was just given a bit more time. Marq Quen's selling was phenomenal

agreed. it was excellent and probably a perfect tv match.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Basically an entire episode of HMs. AEW rules.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Dango Bango posted:

Dango Bango posted:

AEW makes another star

Nth to all these. This night was all bangers, no clangers.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: FTR vs. The Butcher and the Blade, AEW Dynamite, 10/06
HM: Nyla Rose/Penelope Ford vs. Hikaru Shida/Kris Statlander, AEW Dynamite, 10/06
HM: Marq Quen vs. Cody, AEW Dynamite, 10/06

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Nth the FTR vs Butcher and Blade match, I’ve got two words for all the Revival doubters you’re wrong!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
31st May
All Japan Pro Wrestling
AJPW TV #5: Treason vs Invasion
Akira Francesco vs Yusuke Kodama

Just a nice solid TV style junior heavyweight match. The Juniors have really stepped up in AJPW so far this year. Also a goofy bit at the end of the match featuring everyone's favourite wrestling teapot, Black Menso-re.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
7th June
All Japan Pro Wrestling
AJPW TV #6
Enfants Terrible (Kuma Arashi and Shotaro Ashino) vs Evolution (Suwama and Yusuke Okada)

Bit of a down episode here but the opener with Aoyagi back for the first time since January was fun and the main event tag match further continued the best storyline of all crowd free wrestling, the Enfants Terrible invasion which is leading to Ashino challenging for the Triple Crown.

The only bad part is they come out to Fuel by Metallica and I'd rather forget that exists.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles for the vacant Intercontinental Championship - WWE Smackdown 6/12

Could have been so much more if not for the lovely commentary and multiple commercial breaks. These two are REALLY good at this whole wrestling thing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles for the vacant Intercontinental Championship - WWE Smackdown 6/12

Could have been so much more if not for the lovely commentary and multiple commercial breaks. These two are REALLY good at this whole wrestling thing.

Nth. Great match

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Arisa Nakajima (c) vs. Asuka for the SEAdLINNNG Beyond the SEA Singles Championship - SEAdLINNNG ~Delivered to You~ (6/13)

One of the best no fan matches I've seen (Shinkiba being tiny and Asuka's faction being loud helped in that respect). Asuka is one of the smartest working wrestlers in the world despite being 21 and Arisa is just flat out the best. These two had one of the best matches in 2019 and I think they topped it here. The overarching story of the match came from what quite possibly might have been a botch (making these two even better) but now I'm not so sure given how fluidly they worked it in. The finish of the match played up Arisa being the veteran, taking advantage of Asuka getting flustered over Arisa kicking out of her finish while Arisa was able to move straight into a roll up to retain the title after Asuka kicked out of her finish

I watched this legitimately with my SamuraiTV subscription but I know some criminals were watching it illegally so I'll update this with the link when it's available.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
hello I am a criminal

MOTYC: SEAdLINNNG Beyond the Sea Singles Title: Arisa Nakajima (c) vs Asuka, SEAdLINNNG Delivered To You 2020, 13th June

This is one of those matches that you could tell would be great from the moment they were announced. Asuka just gets wrestling more than 99% of other wrestlers despite still being very young and comparatively inexperienced and she gets how to change her style up with the promotion she's working and the opponent she has and Arisa Nakajima is the best big match wrestler around today; she wrestles a lot less than others but she always wrestles at this insanely high level in every match she works.

These big SEAdLINNNG main events have an intensity that a lot of other Joshi companies just can't match. They feel like this big time fights even though in this case they're wrestling in front of no fans because of a pandemic. I didn't even notice that botch and if there was something it didn't detract from the match, and the story of the match just worked really well. I forgot that no fans were present which I've never done before for any other no fan match.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

IceAgeComing posted:

MOTYC: Konosuke Takeshita vs Yoshihiko, DDT Peter Pan Night 1, 6th June 2020

new king of the Cinematic Wrestling Revolution right here this ruled

Haven't been keeping up on this thread but nth this match, it's so good

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Arisa Nakajima (c) vs. Asuka for the SEAdLINNNG Beyond the SEA Singles Championship - SEAdLINNNG ~Delivered to You~ (6/13)

One of the best no fan matches I've seen (Shinkiba being tiny and Asuka's faction being loud helped in that respect). Asuka is one of the smartest working wrestlers in the world despite being 21 and Arisa is just flat out the best. These two had one of the best matches in 2019 and I think they topped it here. The overarching story of the match came from what quite possibly might have been a botch (making these two even better) but now I'm not so sure given how fluidly they worked it in. The finish of the match played up Arisa being the veteran, taking advantage of Asuka getting flustered over Arisa kicking out of her finish while Arisa was able to move straight into a roll up to retain the title after Asuka kicked out of her finish

I watched this legitimately with my SamuraiTV subscription but I know some criminals were watching it illegally so I'll update this with the link when it's available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqqTEXdiBII

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Kaori Yoneyama vs. Mitsuru Konnoh - Gatoh Move ChocoPro LIVE #22 (6/14)

Easily the best match in the history of ChocoPro, Yone owns so much. (but please please please for your sake, keep the volume down and don't use headphones lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

MOTYC: Danshoku Dieno (C) vs Makoto Oishi for the Ironman Heavymetalweight title, DDT Peter Pan Night 2, 6/7/20. Full match link https://streamable.com/khzq4h

I know this got added but I wanted to issue a correction that Dieno was the champ entering the match, I thought I'd put a (C) beside his name when originally posting and didn't check my post the next time I clicked the thread :x sorry

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

nth