Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sony making their own launcher is probably too much effort when im pretty sure the reason theyre doing pc porst is because no one else is going to buy them on ps4 now because theyve been free and on sale and they want to make people want to buy a ps5 for the sequels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I hope Sony makes their own ring 0 anti cheat just so people will complain about it

Weedle
May 31, 2006

grieving for Gandalf posted:

i never tried them because as silly as they looked the combat didn't look very engaging, which would be important to me if i'm spending significant time doing it

it’s insanely fun. as you develop your abilities your array of available special moves increases until you have some kind of crazy finisher for basically every situation. you also have multiple fighting styles that each have their own skill tree and feel a lot different. it’s also easy to avoid street fights if you’re just trying to get somewhere quick

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I hope Sony makes their own ring 0 anti cheat just so people will complain about it

CHAT THREAD CHALLENGE! Finish this joke: The only ring 0 I want is __________________________

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SeXReX posted:

these Arcade1Up kits are loving hilarious to me because it's like "I'm gonna be a MAMEdad but only have 5 roms on the thing"
i just want a more reliable and less complicated mod for my neo geo mini so i can have a little tiny emulator cab

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1270897536845312000

Korra forever stuck in crossover hell with all the other Nick Toons, never able to escape.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

just another day at the GameMill

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i think the GameMill is across the street from the tokyo jrpg factory

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
didn't know they still aired ren and stimpy

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1270897536845312000

Korra forever stuck in crossover hell with all the other Nick Toons, never able to escape.

were people expecting a new korra game?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

who is in the pink car. is that supposed to be the cynthia doll from rugrats

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's Jojo Siwa. She's a Youtuber and singer who's signed with Nick's record label.

The real question is was this in time for Garfield to be in?

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 11, 2020

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wow, a nicktoons vtuber

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

CHAT THREAD CHALLENGE! Finish this joke: The only ring 0 I want is __________________________

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

homeless snail posted:

wow, a nicktoons vtuber
Nicktoonber

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh my god

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I wonder if it's just going to be cartoons or if we'll get like, an all that car or a drake and josh car

someone from hey dude riding a horse

sgf played this and it was incredibly lovely, it ruled

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Grapplejack posted:

I wonder if it's just going to be cartoons or if we'll get like, an all that car or a drake and josh car

someone from hey dude riding a horse

Which Pete would you main?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That reminds me of how in the original Ring novel, the video tape is a memetic virus born from a mutation of the last living smallpox virus' anger at being wiped out and the anguish of a dying psychic woman and how the movie just went "gently caress that" and made it a ghost, and the ghost was much more popular.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
my condolences to WBIE's PR team whenever they finally announce that AAA Harry Potter RPG (it was supposed to be at their E3 press conference, so it can't be that far off)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I would not be surprised if they were in full panic mode right now.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Relax Or DIE posted:

goatse

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

works best if you think of it as "ring o" though

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1270852948461936643?s=20

War of the gems and Xmen vs street fighter. I found my birthday present.

Be still my beating heart :allears:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

i was just saying last night to my roommate that supergreatfriend probably just got a full year's worth of video content out of this week's itch.io bundle

i want to see him play through some of the weird esoteric stuff

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IFvSlfSh7Y

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Do you get anything for getting more than 25 time pieces in A Hat in Time? Other than playing more Hat in Time which is a fine reward but I'm just wondering.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

my condolences to WBIE's PR team whenever they finally announce that AAA Harry Potter RPG (it was supposed to be at their E3 press conference, so it can't be that far off)

I dunno, if there's any group willing to set aside their morals and get hyped to buy stuff it's gamers.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.

Relax Or DIE posted:

Cold-resistant.
Starr.
Ethically sourced.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

A big budget Harry Potter RPG would've always been a poor idea, whether Rowling had gone on a twitter rampage or not.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ErrEff posted:

A big budget Harry Potter RPG would've always been a poor idea, whether Rowling had gone on a twitter rampage or not.
it'll take months of crunch for the developers to incorporate the wizards making GBS threads on the floor

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The fact that we've gotten games based on the works of terrible people like Piers Anthony and Rowling but never an Earthsea is either a crime or the best thing that could happen, I teeter on which.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ErrEff posted:

i had a harry potter rpg on gameboy color i liked a lot but let's not delve into whether it's good or not

al-azad posted:

The fact that we've gotten games based on the works of terrible people like Piers Anthony and Rowling but never an Earthsea is either a crime or the best thing that could happen, I teeter on which.

i read the first earthsea book when i was in middle school and i remember having my mind blown by it, i wonder if it would still be neat if i were to reread it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

we got two games based on Bone and they were not very good

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
more ridiculous 90s videogame junk

The Interactor is a wearable Sega Mega Drive (and Super Nintendo) accessory released by Aura Systems in 1994. It was advertised as being a virtual reality device, in which the player would be able to "feel" actions in games (e.g. if punched, the player would be given a physical bump), a form of haptic feedback.

In reality the Interactor is a glorified set of stereo speakers, compatible with any device with a standard headphone output (though specific cables were offered for easier use with the two aforementioned consoles). It uses sound to create pulses near the user's chest or back - it has no way of discerning what happens on screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbk-8gGh8dA

Electronic Gaming Monthly commented, "For $100, the Interactor is a good value. It provides economy-sized virtual reality in a small package."

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

i had a harry potter rpg on gameboy color i liked a lot but let's not delve into whether it's good or not

i read the first earthsea book when i was in middle school and i remember having my mind blown by it, i wonder if it would still be neat if i were to reread it

the first gbc harry potter is cute but suffers from only having one playable character. the second one adds ron and hermione to the party and is quite a bit better

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

we got two games based on Bone and they were not very good

It’s still wild that Telltale started with this failed series and now Netflix is working on an animated adaption which yeah, I’m excited to see. loving love Bone.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

ErrEff posted:

way back when the books started getting big nintendo tried to get the license to do harry potter games. those would have been cool i bet

Weedle
May 31, 2006

earthsea is still very good btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Weedle posted:

earthsea is still very good btw

on a whim I just ordered a paperback copy of the first one, I haven't got comfortable and read something that wasn't forums or news in a long time