Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You just have to embrace the Ork mindset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm stealing "embrace the ork mindset" as a euphemism for 'drunken concussion'

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

A roving band of bag-pipers walked into a small bar I was in on st. patricks day, that poo poo is straight up deafening.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Scotland has culturally appropriated the bagpipes from the rest of Europe but I'm in no hurry to reclaim it

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Bagpipes can sound pretty nice from far far away. I am willing to believe Scots brought them to the battlefield to make the other side go "You know, I will just stay over here, far away from the bagpipes"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Avatar/post combo preserved for the ages.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

By popular demand posted:

I'm stealing "embrace the ork mindset" as a euphemism for 'drunken concussion'

Pretty much the same thing, really

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

A guy in my town tried to learn to play the bagpipes, he tried to be considerate and.do his practice as far away as possible from other people because as loud and annoying piping can be, bad practice piping is... Anyway, he played out on a breakwater on the far side of the beach and he still only lasted about 3 days before people told him to shite off with that noise

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Pookah posted:

he played out on a breakwater on the far side of the beach and he still only lasted about 3 days before people told him to shite off with that noise

people just have no taste these days.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I just this minute realised that bagpipes/uilleann pipes survived in Scotland and Ireland only in isolated, mountainy places because those are the only places you can practice without being driven out by enraged neighbours

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Pookah posted:

I just this minute realised that bagpipes/uilleann pipes survived in Scotland and Ireland only in isolated, mountainy places because those are the only places you can practice without being driven out by enraged neighbours
I might have told this before, but a friend of mine works in the center of Edinburg. Often there’s a guy playing bagpipes outside of his office for tourists and from time to time, he and his colleagues go pay the guy to stop playing or move somewhere else.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

mrfart posted:

I might have told this before, but a friend of mine works in the center of Edinburg. Often there’s a guy playing bagpipes outside of his office for tourists and from time to time, he and his colleagues go pay the guy to stop playing or move somewhere else.

What a racket

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

mrfart posted:

We had one of these when I worked in a bookshop! A guy showed up every day to 'play' a piano accordion for 10 hours straight, except he didn't know any tunes, just very short, random, vaguely musical phrases; enough to sound convincing to a person walking past. I hated that guy so much because he never even tried to get better :argh:.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Don't doxxx me and my bass-playing

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

The gently caress kind of Scottish vernacular is that? My pa used the get The Broons albums every Christmas

Bogmonster has a new favorite as of 17:23 on Jun 11, 2020

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

people just have no taste these days.

right, learning the bagpipe in this day and age? ridiculous.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Oh, I get it now. It's like a video game.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Oh, I get it now. It's like a video game.

WTF?

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Quick poll: What's the most tiresome subgenre of comic? Because my vote is Dorkly-style "video game tropes applied to real life".

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Na, it has to be 'man getting upset- violence ensues' that one probably predates Everett True.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Na, it has to be 'man getting upset- violence ensues' that one probably predates Everett True.

I recently discovered that there was an Everett True movie. It's not online, but there's a clip.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ultrafilter posted:

I recently discovered that there was an Everett True movie. It's not online, but there's a clip.

The part fat-era John Goodman was born to play

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I would enjoy laughing at this comic, but I'm sure they'll be a landslide of people telling me thats off limits or it's drawn by a nazi, or that it's actually pro online harassment. I think the worst aspect comics are just the people who read them.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

LifeSunDeath posted:

I would enjoy laughing at this comic, but I'm sure they'll be a landslide of people telling me thats off limits or it's drawn by a nazi, or that it's actually pro online harassment. I think the worst aspect comics are just the people who read them.

you sound like a lot of fun at parties

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

We are apparently in the era of the ironic gamer comic, or possibly the post-ironic gamer comic.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Riatsala posted:

Quick poll: What's the most tiresome subgenre of comic? Because my vote is Dorkly-style "video game tropes applied to real life".

Sharebaits
&
Cute situation, but actually violent.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Riatsala posted:

so someone else bought your av and gangtag

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

ChubbyChecker posted:

:eyepop:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ChubbyChecker posted:

drat

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

ChubbyChecker posted:

Touché, except that mine is real life tropes applied to video games, which is possibly worse.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Drawn by John Cullen who seems to be an OK guy. The gamers are in his replies having conniptions.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

Drawn by John Cullen who seems to be an OK guy. The gamers are in his replies having conniptions.

Thank you, I will proceed to enjoy it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Riatsala posted:

Mine is superhero comics.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ultrafilter posted:

Apparently it's available on Amazon Prime but the full video is only 16 minutes long

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

My Spirit Otter posted:

you sound like a lot of fun at parties

What kind of rear end in a top hat goes to parties?! That's where the roni gets into your butthole.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

LifeSunDeath posted:

Jesus Christ, you’re still mad people told you Stone Toss is a nazi comic. Holy poo poo.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Wendell posted:

Jesus Christ, you’re still mad people told you Stone Toss is a nazi comic. Holy poo poo.

I had never heard of that, so I looked it up. A few comics down is one of a black man with his own knee on his own neck. WTF. :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Riatsala posted:

Walls of text. Just write a frickin' book already!

All joking aside I do appreciate the format, love me some Dinosaur Comics and the occasional Achewood, but lord almighty sometimes when I scroll down to a 3,000 word picture essay all the energy just drains out of my body.