Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Wamsutta posted:

yeah you guys are all right, heading into the gym rn is dumb

I miss it but I’d feel lovely if my wife ended up with rona because of me

I’ll just keep getting fatter and smaller because lol at the idea of a dumbbell heavier than 10lbs ever being available for purchase again, those supply chains seem hosed beyond recovery

I was looking last week at getting some at home stuff and it seemed like it's all back in stock pretty much everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

snoo posted:

we should try banning alcohol again, they're right

ban booze but free weed, mushrooms, and lsd

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
So is "validating a pipeline" or whatever one of the few real actual things we do here or is it just a hollowed out grift somehow like everything else already

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

snoo posted:

we should try banning alcohol again, they're right

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/boshj/status/1271071108222070784?s=20

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

But yet drunk driving is illegal while it kills fewer people annually than covid

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

shovelbum posted:

So is "validating a pipeline" or whatever one of the few real actual things we do here or is it just a hollowed out grift somehow like everything else already

There are plenty of places where its a mess, a lot of it is earlier in the process though. The manufacturing portion tends to be a -little bit- better managed because GxP is really a bunch of manufacturing rules.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Acelerion posted:

But yet drunk driving is illegal while it kills fewer people annually than covid

Make COVID illegal, bing bong, simple!

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

Make COVID illegal, bing bong, simple!

It should be up to the parents to decide what diseases they allow their children to catch.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the mutation bit is fair and also sanitation conditions and background public health is a lot better today than in 1918. however none of our changes in testing/tracking ability are going to matter because it's been settled: we will not close down again, we will not enforce social distancing anymore. defensive precautions will not take place.

Most people are staying home, concerts and poo poo are still canceled, and non-retail employers are keeping most of thier workforce at home for the foreseeable future. We're loving this up spectacularly but there are still a lot of things happening preventing poo poo from just totally blowing up overnight.

Gyms, bars, churches, etc are the stupidest places in the world to go to right now.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Acelerion posted:

Driving drunk and unprotected sex are both really comparable to not mask wearing and taking precautions right now but I never see them used as examples.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
I am currently watching a live briefing by a local health official in our hotspot emphasizing distancing and masks not wearing a mask standing 2 feet from the sign language guy who is also not wearing a mask.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

https://twitter.com/postandcourier/status/1271125821088989184

number go up

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Thoguh posted:

Most people are staying home, concerts and poo poo are still canceled, and non-retail employers are keeping most of thier workforce at home for the foreseeable future. We're loving this up spectacularly but there are still a lot of things happening preventing poo poo from just totally blowing up overnight.

:wrong:

I don't know what la-la land you live in, but they started bringing people back as soon as they started lifting a modicum of the lock down guidelines.

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
holy gently caress stock market number go DOWN lmao

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
these peabrained grifters really thought their dogeared dale carnegie books and "the secret" would save them

never get high on your own supply folks

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

fits my needs posted:

what's the deal with "smart" gym rats thinking their gym isn't gonna give em covid. what is this the 2nd or 3rd guy? wasn't the first guy like a healthcare worker too and he went to the gym the first day his state allowed?

furthermore, lmao.

exercise is

healthy
addictive
free or close to
has great social rep

there’s never been a time when exercise had a bad rep or was actively harmful

so there’s a hard cognitive break

I have access to a friends gym in a private fancy apartment complex, I passed by the other day, there were two people working out, and I seriously considered going. The guard said most of the day was empty.

next time I passed by, a little earlier, it was absolutely empty, and I almost went in

but instead I’m waiting for dumbbells to be available again for a home gym and doing yoga at home

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I went through Branson once. we wanted to find Yakov Smirnoff (we did, caught him at the back exit) but at his theater there are three whole rows of handicapped parking spaces before any regular spaces. like maybe 200 in total

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/MiamiHerald/status/1271127583795687430?s=19

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Clovis is a city in Fresno County, California, United States. Estimate (2019)[10] 114,584

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

exercise is

healthy
addictive
free or close to
has great social rep

Could say the same thing about jackin' it OP

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

amazing pacing. just as the protests slow down a bit, rona comes back w the foreshadowed surge

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:nice:

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Clovis is a city in Fresno County, California, United States. Estimate (2019)[10] 114,584

I’m Clovis-adjacent and this isn’t fun anymore

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Pump Jockey posted:

I’m Clovis-adjacent and this isn’t fun anymore

Whoops I hosed up lol.

El Monte /ɛl ˈmɒntiː/ is a residential, industrial, and commercial city in Los Angeles County, California, United States. The city lies in the San Gabriel Valley, east of the city of Los Angeles. Estimate (2019)[7] 115,487

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

I have to say, these off topic posts are very disconcerting !

hmmm... that number seems familiar

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

snoo posted:

drat ppl can drop hundos of dollors on booze and video games and dumb poo poo but can't buy an inexpensive sewing machine and learn a practical skill lmfbo

Lol practical skill

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Can someone link to those band exercises again I guess I might as well try to figure out how to replicate trap bar deadlifts and presses with the bands my wife has

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Squizzle posted:

amazing pacing. just as the protests slow down a bit, rona comes back w the foreshadowed surge

Normally I don't like it when a popular villain that was supposed to die gets resurrected, but I'm liking this second arc so far

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Nobody uses condoms anymore

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Squizzle posted:

This final season has been unrelenting gut punch after gut punch.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Wamsutta posted:

yeah you guys are all right, heading into the gym rn is dumb

I miss it but I’d feel lovely if my wife ended up with rona because of me

I’ll just keep getting fatter and smaller because lol at the idea of a dumbbell heavier than 10lbs ever being available for purchase again, those supply chains seem hosed beyond recovery

bodyweight exercise is free and a fun challenge

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Palm Bay is a city in Brevard County, Florida. The city's population was 103,190 at the 2010 United States Census,[3] making it the most populous city in the county. Estimate (2019)[4] 115,552

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"The S&P 500, the broadest measure of Wall Street, is on track for its worst drop in more than two months." lol at a statement like this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

in my day we used to wait a decade before crashing the market goddammit!

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Thoguh posted:

Driving drunk and unprotected sex are both really comparable to not mask wearing and taking precautions right now but I never see them used as examples.

Ive actually found the drunk driving example effective when arguing with chuds although some say it helps you get to work on time so who can say if its bad or not

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

COVID-420 posted:

holy gently caress stock market number go DOWN lmao

gotta get those daily rona briefings with dr. birx, turmp and all the retail CEOs going again! NUMBER MUST GO UP!!

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Thoguh posted:

I was looking last week at getting some at home stuff and it seemed like it's all back in stock pretty much everywhere.

Where were you looking? I can't find anything and I check pretty consistently

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

mastershakeman posted:

Can someone link to those band exercises again I guess I might as well try to figure out how to replicate trap bar deadlifts and presses with the bands my wife has

look up steve maxwell, he's a big fan of plyometrics and isometric work. you just need some strong straps (here's a hint look at rock climbing slings, they're rated for 15k+ pounds and you will NOT break them):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3_SRGV9-1U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Mr Hootington posted:

Nobody uses condoms anymore

bless the IUD