Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
imo referring to it as the "boogaloo movement" sort of misses the point, because it's not really a coherent movement. It's like trying to find The Leader Of Antifa. It's a set of aesthetic trappings around a loose association of generally right wing ideologies, key among them preppers and insurrectionists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
fair enough, but there is no corresponding mirror version of this on the antifa side because they automatically reject the overt "I want to kill minorities let's hang out" types. I feel like these outlooks of "let's kill all the jews/nonwhites" and "let's not kill all the jews/nonwhites" are just antithetical and inimical and I guess I like using two dollar words today but also irreconcilable and incompatible and perhaps even incongruous or may I go so far as to sayagiasgihpa gjakfs a;lhsgal;weht

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
there is no overlap between these fat larping chuds and leftists

they are complete nihilists and will murder you with impunity regardless of their stupid hawaii shirts

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They don't draw any distinctions between Nancy Pelosi and communists and will kill all of us anyway, so I don't know why you'd think maybe some of them are cool.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
you're better off looking at it as an ideological waystation and recruitment path for young people. For them, it becomes the "shithead libertarian" phase 80% of this forum's members went through at some point between 2006 and 2012 despite currently being some flavor of marxist. In libertarianism, you spend an amount of time trying and failing to reconcile the fundamentally opposed concepts of "Personal Liberty" and "Private Property", and then hit some kind of breaking point where you decide which one you like more and become a fascist or a leftist. Boog poo poo is similar. The ideological commitments of the big influencers are psychotic, but the pitch to the rank and file is based on an observably true "poo poo's All hosed" appeal, where you spend some time trying to reconcile "the lawless undesirables must be stopped" and "the cops want nothing more than to kill you and we've gotta kill them first", and then hit the breaking point and decide to be a bootlicker or a swamp maoist.

The "purpose" of the boog movement, in effect, becomes creating an environment where they can recognize the problems with society, introducing these contradictory ideas, and then giving them as many chances as possible to come to the conclusion of RaHoWa and as few as possible to read the little red book.

LittleBlackCloud
Mar 5, 2007
xXI love Plum JuiceXx

Bushiz posted:

you're better off looking at it as an ideological waystation and recruitment path for young people. For them, it becomes the "shithead libertarian" phase 80% of this forum's members went through at some point between 2006 and 2012 despite currently being some flavor of marxist. In libertarianism, you spend an amount of time trying and failing to reconcile the fundamentally opposed concepts of "Personal Liberty" and "Private Property", and then hit some kind of breaking point where you decide which one you like more and become a fascist or a leftist. Boog poo poo is similar. The ideological commitments of the big influencers are psychotic, but the pitch to the rank and file is based on an observably true "poo poo's All hosed" appeal, where you spend some time trying to reconcile "the lawless undesirables must be stopped" and "the cops want nothing more than to kill you and we've gotta kill them first", and then hit the breaking point and decide to be a bootlicker or a swamp maoist.

The "purpose" of the boog movement, in effect, becomes creating an environment where they can recognize the problems with society, introducing these contradictory ideas, and then giving them as many chances as possible to come to the conclusion of RaHoWa and as few as possible to read the little red book.

how can we get more of them to read the little red book then?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

BraveUlysses posted:

lmao the comments are so predictably dumb

quote:

Kinda looks like Thanos in the Garden after the snap almost killed him.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

LittleBlackCloud posted:

you show them how it's a fun game! https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/15861/The-Little-RED-Book

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

https://twitter.com/DefTechPat/status/1270725952067129345
trump won 75% of the votes in this district, is this going to be the first openly Qanon congressperson or did that ship already sail and i missed it?

to be fair, even though he doesn't deserve it, LRAD is frequently described as the "Voice of God" and coming from inside your head.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Top City Homo posted:

there is no overlap between these fat larping chuds and leftists

they are complete nihilists and will murder you with impunity regardless of their stupid hawaii shirts

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

LittleBlackCloud posted:

Just insert a chapter at the beginning about how they should clean their room and stand up straight.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

to be fair, she’s right but for much more mundane reasons: recruiters in poor-neighborhood high schools are basically peddling thoughts of hope

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bushiz posted:

The Boogaloo is one of the more effective recruitment efforts because it presents light hearted face and has a real complaint/observation in the hook: The social contract has all but evaporated and the government is derelict in caring for the welfare of it's people, and is moments from collapse. The major targets are law enforcement: DEA/ATF/FBI/BLM. It's good targeting for disaffected gun/outdoor enthusiasts below a certain age, and it doesn't really start laying on the RaHoWa stuff until you're already *in* it. It's target demo could just as easily be brought to leftism via JBGC or SRA.
what's interesting to me so far is how little they've seemed to matter as opposed to being swept up in events and trailing them, not affecting events in a real way, and i'm interested in analyzing the reasons for that. maybe they will matter at some time the future. maybe they don't need to matter -- from the perspective of the top-state people -- because we're not at the level where wall street has to call in the irregulars yet.

when this thing kicked off 3,000 people marched in my town, briefly shut down the highway and did some loops and then ended a demonstration at the confederate statue. i was prepared for the crowd to tear that statue down -- the energy was that electric -- and the cops couldn't have stopped it if they tried. but the crowd didn't do that. over the next few days there were continuing demonstrations around it, and protesters had constructed a large banner in front with a message stating the statue had been bought and paid for by the local ku klux klan back in the day. cops had been posted around keeping a close eye on it, and i saw this one young white guy in a hawaiian shirt sitting on a bench, also keeping an eye on it.

a few days later the republican-controlled country, which holds the legal keys to the statue, voted to remove it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the boog thing seems to have been an OK-sign style op for in-group signalling, but at some point whoever was pushing it lost the thread

I've got everybody from "guy who is left-leaning and joined the military seemingly just for access to Rare Memes to post" to "libertarian single mom who supports the protests but hates the Dems" posting this poo poo on my feeds. I have no idea how any hard fash recruits from that

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Beowulfs_Ghost posted:

Just insert a chapter at the beginning about how they should clean their room and stand up straight.

isn't that basically matt christman's schtick at this point

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

animist posted:

isn't that basically matt christman's schtick at this point

lol pretty much, yeah

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

what's interesting to me so far is how little they've seemed to matter as opposed to being swept up in events and trailing them, not affecting events in a real way, and i'm interested in analyzing the reasons for that. maybe they will matter at some time the future. maybe they don't need to matter -- from the perspective of the top-state people -- because we're not at the level where wall street has to call in the irregulars yet.

when this thing kicked off 3,000 people marched in my town, briefly shut down the highway and did some loops and then ended a demonstration at the confederate statue. i was prepared for the crowd to tear that statue down -- the energy was that electric -- and the cops couldn't have stopped it if they tried. but the crowd didn't do that. over the next few days there were continuing demonstrations around it, and protesters had constructed a large banner in front with a message stating the statue had been bought and paid for by the local ku klux klan back in the day. cops had been posted around keeping a close eye on it, and i saw this one young white guy in a hawaiian shirt sitting on a bench, also keeping an eye on it.

a few days later the republican-controlled country, which holds the legal keys to the statue, voted to remove it.

Whatever they might profess, they're comfortable white dudes and they want things to remain the same. They imagine a world where they're given unlimited license without having to be inconvenienced.

animist
Aug 28, 2018
it's kinda weird to me that all these people who spend all their lives playing Call of Duty don't seem to grasp that you don't respawn in real life

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
:qq:

https://mobile.twitter.com/amyspitalnick/status/1271097925930754049

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Has he been cut off from the right wing grifter war chest too

Will the heritage foundation and the Koch Mercer’s not patron this artist

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

I'm glad of it.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/Scrounged9/status/1271102451735765002

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

If there's anybody to listen to, there's the former Fox News grifter that recently called herself 'Nazi Mom', the adult woman who had to ask her parents' permission for haircut and a...guy who impersonates a dead singer?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

post/username

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol there's a pathetic name I haven't heard in awhile, what's Communism Kills up to lately, still eating ramen while shivering under a blanket?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

lol there's a pathetic name I haven't heard in awhile, what's Communism Kills up to lately, still eating ramen while shivering under a blanket?

little while back she got real mad at the pokemon company for ruining her childhood by making a post supporting blm, because its goal is to kill all white people

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Gringostar posted:

post/username

did you report my posts on the Thread about about Internet Nazis... talking about Internet Nazis?

I love getting singled out in every Thread I post in!:shepface:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
gringostar you're cool it's not even about you, just I just feel unfairly targeted by the Mods when people make WAY worse posts in this Forum :v:

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist

Race Realists posted:

gringostar you're cool it's not even about you, just I just feel unfairly targeted by the Mods when people make WAY worse posts in this Forum :v:

i've always wondered something and maybe you could answer this for me. why do "alt-right," conservatives, and generally dumb people capitalize Random words? it doesn't make any sense and seems like it takes more effort than not. thanks in advance for your reply!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

anyone looking for a low key pro click to observe fash meltdowns should check our John Cardillo’s twitter. He’s a former NYC pig who’s basically gone all in on the EXTERMINATE ALL THE BRUTES messaging and is flipping his poo poo about the death of policing in america

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

CarpenterWalrus posted:

i've always wondered something and maybe you could answer this for me. why do "alt-right," conservatives, and generally dumb people capitalize Random words? it doesn't make any sense and seems like it takes more effort than not. thanks in advance for your reply!

it's the spellcheck usually

like I've literally encountered people who capitalize every single word in their text messages because they're too lazy to unfuck their cell's spellcheck options

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 22:50 on Jun 11, 2020

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Listen I Just Think Every Word Is Important Not Just Proper Nouns Every Word Deserves To Feel Good

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Heath posted:

Listen I Just Think Every Word Is Important Not Just Proper Nouns Every Word Deserves To Feel Good

All Words Matter

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Race Realists posted:

did you report my posts on the Thread about about Internet Nazis... talking about Internet Nazis?

I love getting singled out in every Thread I post in!:shepface:

i only make joke reports because all mods are cops and therefore bastards

i just though you're usnername combined with your post was a bit funny

also i have a lengthy record of being in favor of punching every nazi in sight

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

CarpenterWalrus posted:

the German influence no Doubt

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

looks like all the garbage going around that lead to The Big Wet Boy threatening to invade the CHAZ today can be sourced to Andy Ngo giving Ari Hoffman a platform:

https://twitter.com/AlyciaRamirez3/status/1271224901672697856

Ari Hoffman is a known conservative dickhole around Seattle, but he hadn't yet caused a problem of this scale.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

90s Cringe Rock posted:

I'd be happy being one of the Lord Humungus' raiders, not even the leader. They seem like a cool crew.

Angleling to be the Golden Youth? I mean it's probably better than being the sad boy strapped to the lead marauders truck.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

CarpenterWalrus posted:

same. My theory is that in their stream of consciousness, those words represent concepts or things that are really important to them or the message they are struggling to communicate. So consciously or not they capitalise them to make them stand out and look more important, much like altering your tone of voice to emphasise a spoken word.

either that or some kind of brain disease.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Crazy Achmed posted:

same. My theory is that in their stream of consciousness, those words represent concepts or things that are really important to them or the message they are struggling to communicate. So consciously or not they capitalise them to make them stand out and look more important, much like altering your tone of voice to emphasise a spoken word.

either that or some kind of brain disease.

It's common in Schizophrenics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

miniscule12 posted:

It's common in Schizophrenics.
The thing I'm writing is important, therefore every word of it is important, therefore every word of it needs to be capitalized, QED.