Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

those apples are fine, please do not compare them to cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

idk what would lead you to believe Trump doesn't understand the gross exercise of raw power. If the President calls someone a terrorist and directs his staff to treat them accordingly, they're a terrorist and functionally outlawed. He isn't gonna get, like, the legal convolutions that engineered that situation or read all the way through whatever secret FISA forms need to be filled out to make it all seem very civilized and proper and he also thinks anything else the President says is automatically immediately law but in this regard how the Presidency works really is as simple and thuggish as Trump's first instinct.

yea, he absolutely wants to go full tin-pot dictator on his political opponents, what sometimes prevents this is he's too dumb and has too little attention span to finesse the bureaucracy into taking the actions he wants with a veneer of legal justification. this is what he means when he screams about the deep state, and his approach has been to slowly grind down both principled resistance and decorum enforcers within the government and replace anyone who doesn't play ball with dipshit loyalists. which is also one reason why actual dictatorships are such incompetent messes (also parallels w/r/t the corruption and treasury looting)

it's what makes me particularly worried that if he manages to win reelection poo poo will get much, much worse bc he and his chuds be flush with victory and have consolidated his executive branch power

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
please stop this I hate trump a lot too and this is a schadenfreude thread about trump voters. I don’t read the other threads to avoid dwelling on el cheeto grande all day every day.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

yeah let's scale back the non-schadenfreude back a bit, cops and trumps have consume all else at the moment

that crossfit guy is doubling down on saying George Floyd had it coming. I cannot confirm he is a Trump voter, but I'd be willing to put money on it

it's certainly an interesting tactic after gyms have been closed nationwide for 3 months, let's see how it works out for him

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Epic High Five posted:

yeah let's scale back the non-schadenfreude back a bit, cops and trumps have consume all else at the moment

that crossfit guy is doubling down on saying George Floyd had it coming. I cannot confirm he is a Trump voter, but I'd be willing to put money on it

it's certainly an interesting tactic after gyms have been closed nationwide for 3 months, let's see how it works out for him

A lot of sponsors have already dropped them or severed ties officially, so things are not looking great.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

yea, he absolutely wants to go full tin-pot dictator on his political opponents, what sometimes prevents this is he's too dumb and has too little attention span to finesse the bureaucracy into taking the actions he wants with a veneer of legal justification. this is what he means when he screams about the deep state, and his approach has been to slowly grind down both principled resistance and decorum enforcers within the government and replace anyone who doesn't play ball with dipshit loyalists. which is also one reason why actual dictatorships are such incompetent messes (also parallels w/r/t the corruption and treasury looting)

it's what makes me particularly worried that if he manages to win reelection poo poo will get much, much worse bc he and his chuds be flush with victory and have consolidated his executive branch power

Executive branch power was already fully consolidated, before the election the executive had recently finished securing the legal right to have anyone it feels like tried in absentia by a secret court and sentence their whole family to death for reasons they are not obligated to disclose to anyone. Democrats and Republicans spent 40 years building the Presidency into an unchecked totalitarian death machine on the handshake agreement they'd only use it against everyone outside of the inner circle, then just as they were putting the last bolts in some deranged hotel salesman came along and stole it because it looked shiny.

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 00:35 on Jun 10, 2020

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Epic High Five posted:

it could work out for him.. in a pandemic where only chuds are reckless enough to visit a gym, the chuddiest gyms will get all the business

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Executive branch power was already fully consolidated, before the election the executive had recently finished securing the legal right to have anyone it feels like tried in absentia by a secret court and sentence their whole family to death for reasons they are not obligated to disclose to anyone. Democrats and Republicans spent 40 years building the Presidency into an unchecked totalitarian death machine on the handshake agreement they'd only use it against everyone outside of the inner circle, then just as they were putting the last bolts in some deranged hotel salesman came along and stole it because it looked shiny.

unitary executive theory has been around for a while

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

it could work out for him.. in a pandemic where only chuds are reckless enough to visit a gym, the chuddiest gyms will get all the business

reebok pulled out and frankly all crossfit is is the branding

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Malcolm XML posted:

unitary executive theory has been around for a while

It's also dumb as poo poo and has no basis in the constitution.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It's also dumb as poo poo and has no basis in the constitution.

In a 5-4 decision, constitution "more guidelines than anything."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no one really gives a poo poo about the constitution. its most vocal defenders just want to keep their gun-lined masturbation closets.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
post trump voters realizing that they're gonna be permanently unemployed for worshiping trump here

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

not even remotely the right thread.

euphronius has issued a correction as of 16:32 on Jun 10, 2020

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
are we still posting republican bugchasing itt?

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1270740027463647233

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

yeah but if he's going for the chud market he's gonna get his lunch eaten by like that tactical ultimate warrior poo poo where you wallow around in the mud with a rifle while an ex-SEAL shoots at you and calls your dick small

people just gonna go drag their own tires around now instead of the Official Crossfit Sanctioned ones

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 18:11 on Jun 10, 2020

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Of course it's Jacksonville. He's going to want to take it further south for prestige and a feeling of domination but mayors aren't going to want him with the massive civil unrest that is already boiling over.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Is there a city in the country with sufficient convention space that wouldn't immediately erupt into mass protests?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cocaine Bear posted:

Is there a city in the country with sufficient convention space that wouldn't immediately erupt into mass protests?

If any city has one, it's probably Jacksonville.

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

post trump voters realizing that they're gonna be permanently unemployed for worshiping trump here

bigly lols

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

If any city has one, it's probably Jacksonville.

it'll be in mar-a-lago and he'll charge the gop for it

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Oh, dear god. And I hear Jacksonville is the front runner. I live in St. Augustine and work in Jax

I also work in large format printing and it was gently/jokingly pointed out to me today that if this happens, my office (and me in particular) are likely going to be producing a bunch of Trump 2020 MAGA banners and signs and bullshit. What did I do to visit this upon myself? Do I conscientiously object when I NEED this loving job and the health insurance? Why does the god I don't believe in test me like this?

I can't deal

Just take me.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

Oh, dear god. And I hear Jacksonville is the front runner. I live in St. Augustine and work in Jax

I also work in large format printing and it was gently/jokingly pointed out to me today that if this happens, my office (and me in particular) are likely going to be producing a bunch of Trump 2020 MAGA banners and signs and bullshit. What did I do to visit this upon myself? Do I conscientiously object when I NEED this loving job and the health insurance? Why does the god I don't believe in test me like this?

I can't deal

Just take me.

Put a little hidden goatse on every piece of material that comes through the shop!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

BiggerBoat posted:

I can't deal

Just take me.

Or use that joke presidential symbol they got trolled with at the uni talk or whatever. Not like these loving clowns will notice.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

BiggerBoat posted:

I can't deal

Just take me.

You are a Shakespearean tragedy made flesh.

The answer, of course, is to make the banners and keep your health insurance. If possible, apply the backing poorly, or spit on every thousandth bumper sticker, or something, but don’t knock yourself out.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Go the state of decay route and hide imperceptibly small dicks all over the thing.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/KBAndersen/status/1270907811363467270
lol

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/steve_vladeck/status/1270888440536748033

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

"Oh, and erm.. how about we bring that one black guy riiiiight to the front. Yes, right there, nice and prominent. No particular reason."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I always get the impression Trump sets up Kushner to fail, in some weird pathological strong daddy move.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Not so subtle thin blue line imagery in Pence's profile pic

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol I had a feeling that's why it got deleted quickly.

davidspackage posted:

I always get the impression Trump sets up Kushner to fail, in some weird pathological strong daddy move.

"Ignore the pandemic" is somehow too moderate a force in Trumpworld.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Stoatbringer posted:

"Oh, and erm.. how about we bring that one black guy riiiiight to the front. Yes, right there, nice and prominent. No particular reason."

How dare you suggest he positioned a token black. There's a second on on the left.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

BiggerBoat posted:

I can't deal

Just take me.

Sneak in a Taliban Bert at the very least

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

quote:

Trump is "not capable of showing empathy here," said the source, who is still a loyal supporter of the president.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

quote:

"He's not yelling, he's not hanging up, there have been long talks with him which means he is processing everything," the adviser said.

This is what you'd say about your father as you're trying to get him to move to an old folks' home cause he keeps putting the shampoo in the fridge

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
:qq:

https://mobile.twitter.com/amyspitalnick/status/1271097925930754049

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That one crying Nazi is going to have to rebrand since all of them are crying now.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
:hmbol:
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1271193046974001152?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

So, he’s still talking no responsibility at all?