Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

OgNar posted:

Remember you have to do like 4-5 transactions to get all of its free DLCs.

Because Epic has people who learned how to code a shopping cart in the 90s.

I did it.

What is wrong with me?

I will never download this trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

OgNar posted:

Remember you have to do like 4-5 transactions to get all of its free DLCs.

Because Epic has people who learned how to code a shopping cart in the 90s.

Its still not okay, but Nintendo doesn't have a cart either

And fuckin' Apple just holds all your transactions and then bills randomly days after the fact when you forgot you even bought a 99 cent phone game

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Look Sir Droids posted:

I did it.

What is wrong with me?

I will never download this trash.

I will likely DL it and give it a try, if only as single player.
Though I doubt that will be as interesting.

I just find multi pvp games not as fun anymore.
But still want to play games like this and Conan.

I do already have PixArk, but never really got very far in it.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Maybe it’s real scale dinosaur in 8k? :v:

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

OgNar posted:

I will likely DL it and give it a try, if only as single player.
Though I doubt that will be as interesting.

I just find multi pvp games not as fun anymore.
But still want to play games like this and Conan.

You can play it multiplayer without PvP enabled. And you really should, getting your poo poo destroyed while you're offline just isn't interesting for anyone and the game really benefits from coordinating with friends. Don't forget to also tweak the various settings if the game feels too grindy.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Snake Pass is free on Humble.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is ARK the game where the poop setting is an interval and not an amount so if you set it to zero, the dinosaurs just constantly poo poo.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Cojawfee posted:

Is ARK the game where the poop setting is an interval and not an amount so if you set it to zero, the dinosaurs just constantly poo poo.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Zet posted:

Welp, Humble wins the award this week. This is a fantastic game, please get it and show your love to the devs.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

For a long time, this video was a good portrayal of what Ark did to your video card. I'm sure they've improved, but it was so badly coded that it would trip my ups when I played it :psyduck:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

site posted:

just lol if you ever actually install and play the games you get from this thread

feeling called out rn

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Yeah I bought two copies of Ark early access on steam ages ago so I could play co-op with a friend on a lan. Despite exceeding the required specs both systems ran like dogshit, so I'd check forums every few months when I saw updates to see if any of the updating involved optimization of any kind and all I heard was no and that it ran "fine" if you had a great video card. Once they started releasing dlc to just get more money it was clear their strategy to make it run well was to just keep it going until everyone just got newer hardware.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

could be worse, you could have bought the switch version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6kN73PuygI&t=13s

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Switch version is performance art in port form.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Who turds tennis ball sized balls anyway

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

........do you not?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

why are tennis balls the size of turds

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I like the use of turd as a verb.

You really turned that language, op

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Who turds tennis ball sized balls anyway

just lol if you don't poo poo actual potatoes

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Zet posted:

Not entirely free...

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Waltzing Along posted:

Not entirely free...

idk man, i downloaded it and didn't pay a cent.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

My Spirit Otter posted:

idk man, i downloaded it and didn't pay a cent.

It's asking me to sign up for their newsletter. ie: provide them with my info. It's not like a free game on epic where you just click it and its added to your account. Having to give them information makes it, to me, not free.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Waltzing Along posted:

It's asking me to sign up for their newsletter. ie: provide them with my info. It's not like a free game on epic where you just click it and its added to your account. Having to give them information makes it, to me, not free.

When you signed up for your Epic account you gave them your email genius

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
All the free humble games make you sign up for their mailing list, and also I'm pretty drat sure you have to give Epic a valid email as well to use their service. Also same with steam.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Zet posted:

Yessssssss free Snake Pass! Time to feel smart then stupid!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I had to click "download" to get this supposedly free game, that's unpaid labor.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

owl_pellet posted:

When you signed up for your Epic account you gave them your email genius

unironically using a company with a terrible privacy track record to lambaste humble for having the audacity to claim a game is free when you have to sign up for a newsletter

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Make a loving burner email then. I have one I use for poo poo like this.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I have to read this thread to find out about free games? That's not really free.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also like, free in the context of this thread and in most context of the world means lack of monetary payment, so yes it's free.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Waffleman_ posted:

Also like, free in the context of this thread and in most context of the world means lack of monetary payment, so yes it's free.
How about games that don't require monetary payment but do require you to install a bitcoin miner? (which you can optionally turn off, maybe? I dunno I'm not touching that poo poo) Wasteland 2 is currently available that way.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wow, if you are willing to install wasteland 2 you can get a free bitcoin miner! that's an amazing value.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
None of these games are entirely free they all come with a terrible curse but lol if you think your personal data is somehow safe if you don't give the Humble Bundle your e-mail address.

Edit: Here I am already slave to my humble bosses and I own Snake Pass take this code if you DARE

They dared

The two missing letters are the consonants in YOLO live like you're dying man pass some snakes.

graventy fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jun 12, 2020

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Thanks for the free snakes, good sir :thumbsup:

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Waltzing Along posted:

lmao i can't tell if this is real or not, so well done

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

graventy posted:

None of these games are entirely free they all come with a terrible curse but lol if you think your personal data is somehow safe if you don't give the Humble Bundle your e-mail address.

Let's just say you don't pay... With money! Ahahahahagagh :devil:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

AARP LARPer posted:

lmao i can't tell if this is real or not, so well done

It’s Waltzing Along so it’s probably 100% legit

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Can't believe they expect me to sign up for a Steam account to play this free game. Bastards.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

graventy posted:

Edit: Here I am already slave to my humble bosses and I own Snake Pass take this code if you DARE

They dared

The two missing letters are the consonants in YOLO live like you're dying man pass some snakes.

There's only one consonant in YOLO :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

wasteland 2 ... bitcoin miner!
Wait, what