Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nick Soapdish posted:

I got it soon after release as a supplemental for when I didn't want to go to the gym. It is a fun gamification of exercising and has good alternatives if you live in close proximity to those who wouldn't like you running in place.

If you can find it for regular price and are looking for something to spice up your exercise routine, go for it

Can you cheat on it like I used to for the long jump on the NES power pad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

decathlon triple jumps were impossible without cheating

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Hekk posted:

Yes, that is what I did when it wanted me to do mountain climbers and was giving me a lovely score in the battle gym. It just did high knees instead and the game counted that

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Hekk posted:

Cheating isn't really an option for me since they offer alternatives most of the time that I can do.

Also the ring is difficult to cheat with since you have to compress or stretch it.

I like it for when I'm all irritable and cranky. Something to channel my frustrations into.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

Cheating isn't really an option for me since they offer alternatives most of the time that I can do.

Also the ring is difficult to cheat with since you have to compress or stretch it.

I like it for when I'm all irritable and cranky. Something to channel my frustrations into.

That is true with the ring. About the only way you can cheat that is that it doesn't notice if you are holding it up or behind you once you get it verified. My rotator cuff area was a bit sore from doing the overhead presses and I was near the end of my time so I just did front presses and it registered it.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
No Mans Sky is now a ~good game~

Still on sale on GOG right now.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

is ringfit good

It's pretty good. They just added a rhythm game mode so you can do exercise DDR if you want

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

PS5 reveal starting soon

Watch on YouTube or Twitch:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuLci-lSeCo
- https://www.twitch.tv/playstation

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
No Man's Sky is on gamepass as of today.

Downloading now.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I got sucked into it pretty good. Ignored the base missions early on in favor of having a solid armada of ships instead, and I keep raking in that expedition $$ with my ~25 ship fleet that can be good at whatever mission needs doing :getin:

fake e: the ship to ship combat almost scratches that old X-Wing: Alliance itch.

Almost.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ark: survival evolved is the epic free game

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
PS5 looks like a modern art masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkC0l4iekYo

HD camera accessory? Maybe for streamers?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I guess it looks interesting but I'd really prefer consoles to be as unnoticeable as possible.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ark: survival evolved is the epic free game

I just tried that on xbone the other day, and deleted it less than an hour later.

PC can keep those style survival games.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Iain posted:

PS5 looks like a modern art masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkC0l4iekYo

HD camera accessory? Maybe for streamers?

It's for PSVR.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Man that was a long and uninteresting trailer. They could make the PS5 a gray block for all I care. What does it do that would make me want to use it instead of my PC or PS4 Pro, or Switch? That’s what I’d like to see.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Hekk posted:

Man that was a long and uninteresting trailer. They could make the PS5 a gray block for all I care. What does it do that would make me want to use it instead of my PC or PS4 Pro, or Switch? That’s what I’d like to see.

:same:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hekk posted:

Xbox is the proprietor of brick shapes.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Oh surprise GTA V coming to next gen consoles too.

:jerkbag:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's not remotely surprising considering how long they're taking to release any info on GTA6.

Hope they make it so if you already have it on xbone/ps4 that you can just upgrade on the next gens for free. I was annoyed enough with the 360 to xbone switch that I just wound up starting from scratch.

That probably means RDR2 is going to next gens too.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

The whole time I was watching that stream I kept saying "show me something that isn't already being done on current hardware" and couldn't see anything. We'll see what Digital Foundry has to say, but using a bunch of super stylized games to show off the power of your hardware isn't very compelling.

Horizon 2 in 4k60 with ray tracing will probably make me buy one whenever that game comes out, though. That first game was amazing.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Syrian Lannister posted:

Are they ever going to make a new one?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

why make a new GTA when the current one prints money

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That's not remotely surprising considering how long they're taking to release any info on GTA6.

Info?

I doubt they've even started work on it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't have any more info than the terrible articles already around. Apparently it was rumored in production back in April, but beyond that it's entirely speculation.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
It's going to be incorporated as a Star Citizen module.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

A Bad Poster posted:

The whole time I was watching that stream I kept saying "show me something that isn't already being done on current hardware" and couldn't see anything. We'll see what Digital Foundry has to say, but using a bunch of super stylized games to show off the power of your hardware isn't very compelling.

Horizon 2 in 4k60 with ray tracing will probably make me buy one whenever that game comes out, though. That first game was amazing.

I'm literally going to throw 600 bucks down the drain for Horizon 2 and nothing else. And I don't even care.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Syrian Lannister posted:

I bet Skyrim will too :lol:

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

I'm literally going to throw 600 bucks down the drain for Horizon 2 and nothing else. And I don't even care.

Demon Souls, Gran Turismo and Horizon for me.
Although I'm not sure I can pay 600 for a console, I barely play my PS4 and there are some fantastic games on it.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
PS4 exclusives were the only reason I bought a PS4 and it never disappointed. Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War were both incredible. Looking forward to HZD on PC.

edit: definitely holding off on any new console for a while though unless something more exciting comes out about it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I saw this picture recently on the internet somewhere and it was like some medieval game and it looked like background characters on the bleachers at a jousting tournament and they looked goofy as gently caress and I can't for the life of me remember if it was here or reddit or what

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Milo and POTUS posted:

I saw this picture recently on the internet somewhere and it was like some medieval game and it looked like background characters on the bleachers at a jousting tournament and they looked goofy as gently caress and I can't for the life of me remember if it was here or reddit or what

Was it Bannerlord?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Yeah it was but I'm forgetting the context of the post

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
So Housemarque released a trailer for their upcoming game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMGYbRM09ig
Slightly hyped, it seems like a mix of Souls-like respawn and scifi/horror.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Zero Dawn either getting a sequel, or re-release.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Syrian Lannister posted:

Zero Dawn either getting a sequel, or re-release.

PS5 will have the sequel, Horizon: Forbidden West. Steam is getting the pc port of HZD "this summer".

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I just remembered my experience buying a Day Zero original Playstation and, uh, think I'll wait

Actually the buying was fine, the nursemaiding the loving laser in that thing tho

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
Also, a remake of Demon's Souls is coming to PS5.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/truongasm/status/1271193306689605634

Also, the Miles Morales Spider-Man game isn't a full fledged sequel. It's an expansion/remaster of the Spider-Man game that came out a couple of years ago. So that's disappointing.

Okay now it's a stand-alone game akin to Uncharted Lost Legacy, still disappointing just not as much.
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1271468048017432577

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jun 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Yowza.