Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

stephenthinkpad posted:

How come Let's play still exist in 2020? Can't you do it on youtube?

Some people simply like vestigial things. It's like you double-spacing like you're writing on a typewriter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Fame Douglas posted:

You could say the same thing in general about posting on a forum in heavy decline & reddit.

I actually moved most of my China topic discussions to reddit, I just check in here from time to time to prop up the dead forum.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Reddit is garbage. Arranging posts and threads by upvotes is fascism. The internet was better in 2004 when I was 13.

LittleBlackCloud
Mar 5, 2007
xXI love Plum JuiceXx

Mantis42 posted:

Reddit is garbage. Arranging posts and threads by upvotes is fascism. The internet was better in 2004 when I was 13.

This but unironically.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Mantis42 posted:

Reddit is garbage. Arranging posts and threads by upvotes is fascism. The internet was better in 2010 when I was 13.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's true, reddit is terrible, but that doesn't mean SA doesn't have the problem of a significantly declining userbase and terrible moderation.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Fame Douglas posted:

It's true, reddit is terrible, but that doesn't mean SA doesn't have the problem of a significantly declining userbase and terrible moderation.

people have been saying this since before i first reg'd back in 2014, SA the way it's designed would be unreadable if it had even 5% of the users reddit does.

think of it like SA is juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust outside of the accretion disk of the super massive black hole at the center of the internet in a stable orbit.

Lady Militant has issued a correction as of 02:08 on Jun 12, 2020

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The only other forum I use is a the rotting corpse of a Gamefaqs spinoff board from the 2000s that hits maybe 200 users at peak hours so lol @ anyone who thinks SA is in any real trouble.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mantis42 posted:

The only other social website I use is a the rotting corpse of a Gamefaqs spinoff board from the 2000s that hits maybe 200 users at peak hours so lol @ anyone who thinks SA is in any real trouble.

Most (political) threads being weird echo chambers for weirdos certainly is a problem with SA. There absolutely still are enough users, but the decline from just a few years ago is very palpable.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

You can't fool me, this is just the Shadowrun map!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mantis42 posted:

The only other forum I use is a the rotting corpse of a Gamefaqs spinoff board from the 2000s that hits maybe 200 users at peak hours so lol @ anyone who thinks SA is in any real trouble.

I and four other people post on a final fantasy spinoff ezboard forum formed in march 2001

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Online discussion in 2020 has changed alot. If you have a small hobby and a very specific topic, the chance is you will find only reddit has an active sub that cover this topic. I also have found that for specific topics, youtube replies sometimes have informative comments, which is a shocking revealation.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mantis42 posted:

LittleBlackCloud posted:

This but unironically.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

more protesters have been murdered by the police during the george floyd protests than during the entire year long hong kong demonstrations

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

stephenthinkpad posted:

I actually moved most of my China topic discussions to reddit, I just check in here from time to time to prop up the dead forum.

The China subreddits is full of CHUDs who are frothing at the mouth for a war against China and expats who have a Chinese spouse, have mixed kids, and cannot stand a single moment of their existence.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
r/china_irl

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Forceholy posted:

The China subreddits is full of CHUDs who are frothing at the mouth for a war against China and expats who have a Chinese spouse, have mixed kids, and cannot stand a single moment of their existence.

sounds like the china threads on somethingawful tbh

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
reddit.com/r/politicalcompassmemes

code:

^
                   |
    r/sino         |
           * CSPAM China thread
<----                           -->
                 *D&D boring China thread
                   |    * GBA Chinathread
                   |   r/China
                  \/        r/Hongkong 

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

more protesters have been murdered by the police during the george floyd protests than during the entire year long hong kong demonstrations

Comrade Xi will need to send the entire US police force to reeducation classes as the corrective action plan.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

stephenthinkpad posted:

reddit.com/r/politicalcompassmemes

code:

^
                   |
    r/sino         |
           * CSPAM China thread
<----                           -->
                 *D&D boring China thread
                   |    * GBA Chinathread
                   |   r/China
                  \/        r/Hongkong 

Wait, where's r/CCJ2?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:30 on Mar 23, 2021

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Pompeo: you better restart buying farm product from King Trump's royal subjects.

Liu He: How about them Huawei sanctions?

Pompeo: No Huawei! Never! Here you can have some Hong Kong protesters instead. Put them in reeducation camps and we won't say anything.

Liu: We don't want HK teenagers. We will just wait for Sleepy Joe and deal with him.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Mantis42 posted:

wonder why no one takes the US seriously when it talks about political freedom and human rights

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

i dont know where else to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-biOGdYiF-I

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

always amazed me that the world wants to be the imagined idealized version of america more than america itself

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

thats cuba

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/EmbacubaChina/status/1271841477853921280?s=20
https://twitter.com/EmbacubaChina/status/1271699865660264448?s=20

was just gonna point out the Cuban embassy in China has a twitter account and tweets almost exclusively in English

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I really liked this one when it first came out!

I don't think you call it Tpop though, it's all Cpop as far as I'm aware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJpf75ocKac

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I have never seen a youtube video wth more than 10k replies, like do people actually scroll through the comments?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Bro Dad posted:

thats cuba

My point stands

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:30 on Mar 23, 2021

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Well look like they are going to test the whole Beijing city soon.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
So.....was it the salmon that spread it to 60 people via surface infection (implying that food is an infection vector), or was it just some dock workers and ship people who were infected? Because if it's the former, then hoo boy..... that is not good.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Mantis42 posted:

Weren't there a whole bunch of mysterious suicides of arrested HK protesters? I don't know how much of that was fake or not

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

je1 healthcare posted:

Weren't there a whole bunch of mysterious suicides of arrested HK protesters? I don't know how much of that was fake or not

If the only time you ever heard about it was some random reddit post, then it was 200% fake. Being only 100% fake isn't nearly enough to stop the US from repeating it as fact every day for the rest or the year. If some protestor was actually veritably killed by the authorities there would be a street named after him in DC already.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4516037341675525/4516040141638888

wait for the end.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

:aaa: fuuuuuuck

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme