Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
One thing the game does really badly is loot. There's way too much gear that's absolutely loving useless and you get tonnes of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Whoever designed Valak Mountain can eat my rear end in hell

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

multijoe posted:

Realistically they should just make their next main project XBX2. The first was a deeply flawed gem,

I feel like you can say all the games are deeply flawed.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Whoever designed Valak Mountain can eat my rear end in hell

It's legitimately the worst zone design wise so at least be glad that nothing else in the game comes close.

Here's something that might be interesting to people that the game never tells you - if you reveal all the "locations" on a map it'll completely reveal the entire place. Makes eryth sea much easier to look at.

Taear fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 11, 2020

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Is there a point in Xenoblade 2 where certain quests become unavailable like Xenobloade 1?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

theblackw0lf posted:

Is there a point in Xenoblade 2 where certain quests become unavailable like Xenobloade 1?

There's 5 or so quests in the Vatican that might become unavailable later but can't confirm it. They don't give anything worthwhile though

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

He doesn’t want to kill Malos, Salvagers Code says he gets to beat Malos up and take him out for a beer or whatever

Talk-no-Justu meet the Salvagers code.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Can anybody give me tips for Melia's Restricted Time Attack? ("Oh, brother"). I've tried it several times and I either don't do it fast enough (apparently?), getting a B rank in time, or the party gets overwhelmed and killed.

It's ironic because Melia, Dunban, Riki is my favorite party composition but we're just not making it happen.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah for some reason they have a terrible moveset and armor choice on Dunban for Melia's time attack.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Silver Falcon posted:

Can anybody give me tips for Melia's Restricted Time Attack? ("Oh, brother"). I've tried it several times and I either don't do it fast enough (apparently?), getting a B rank in time, or the party gets overwhelmed and killed.

It's ironic because Melia, Dunban, Riki is my favorite party composition but we're just not making it happen.

A lot of the Restricted Time Attacks seem to come down to luck, I tore through that one with an S rank on my first try compared to the embarrassing number of attempts Dunban and Riki's took. When Wave 2 starts, I think I summoned two Thunders and a Flare, then tossed out Shadow Stitch and Discharge Flare when the enemies started to clump up together.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

TurnipFritter posted:

A lot of the Restricted Time Attacks seem to come down to luck, I tore through that one with an S rank on my first try compared to the embarrassing number of attempts Dunban and Riki's took. When Wave 2 starts, I think I summoned two Thunders and a Flare, then tossed out Shadow Stitch and Discharge Flare when the enemies started to clump up together.

Yeah this. I used Shadow Stitch to bind wave 2 in place while I murdered them with Mind Blast, Flare and Wind Burst. Took 2 attempts cause first time I got brutally murdered.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I literally just got stupid lucky with the chain attack at the end and nuked them lizards into orbit

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

lezard_valeth posted:

There's 5 or so quests in the Vatican that might become unavailable later but can't confirm it. They don't give anything worthwhile though

I think even less than that. And the blade quests for that area just move too

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Ok I am about to go to the Mechonis foot. Is there any point in the foreseeable future where:

a) I can start hurting Mechons without Shulk, or
b) the anti-mechon weapons stop sucking and get at least 2 slots

Cause woopeeh, I love story and gameplay integration but not being able to cycle Shulk out is starting to get annoying specially since I just got Seven and I have to grind his affinity with everyone BUT Shulk

Also a bit baffling that no one calls out on Dickson knowing waaaay too much than he should. One of my favorite moments in Xenogears was when Elly was fed up with Citan's bullshit and called him up on everything right there and then.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The mechons in mechonis drop tier 2 and 3 anti-mechon weapons with slots, and seven is innately anti-mechon.

I didnt use shulk for a single moment of mechonis.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Quick question for curiosity --

I recently got Seven, and they joined the party at Level 40. Most of my group are in the mid 50s, but I had lowered the ones I wasn't using, Shulk included, for exp reasons so when the sequence fired off where Seven officially joins Shulk was the only person in the part and was like level 10.

Did I screw myself out of a bunch of levels and accidentally set Seven to start at the minimum, or do they always start at 40 no matter what? I really want my main party to be Melia/Riki/Seven right now but Seven's too weak to do anything and they're struggling against even level enemies.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Aerox posted:

Quick question for curiosity --

I recently got Seven, and they joined the party at Level 40. Most of my group are in the mid 50s, but I had lowered the ones I wasn't using, Shulk included, for exp reasons so when the sequence fired off where Seven officially joins Shulk was the only person in the part and was like level 10.

Did I screw myself out of a bunch of levels and accidentally set Seven to start at the minimum, or do they always start at 40 no matter what? I really want my main party to be Melia/Riki/Seven right now but Seven's too weak to do anything and they're struggling against even level enemies.

Seven joined at level 55 in my gameplay, which was the same level the rest of my party was at.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

lezard_valeth posted:

Seven joined at level 55 in my gameplay, which was the same level the rest of my party was at.

Well gently caress

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
hmm, yes, Heropon is cool

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Seven joined at 40 for me as well. Took about two dungeons to catch them up.

I wish they had access to Shulks chain chance boost skill but noooooo

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Barudak posted:

Seven joined at 40 for me as well. Took about two dungeons to catch them up.

I wish they had access to Shulks chain chance boost skill but noooooo

Yeah when Seven joined and saw they used a different armor type than the rest of the party I went to check if I could cheat via skill link, but they don't have any romboid shaped link, which as a consequence means they don't get access to Shulk's chain link boost either, amongst other cool skills.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ended tonight in Xenoblade X on Chapter 7 and with my Skell. Hoping tomorrow I can get through Chapter 9 cause that is when the game fully opens up cause you get flying on your skell.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Taear posted:

Here's something that might be interesting to people that the game never tells you - if you reveal all the "locations" on a map it'll completely reveal the entire place. Makes eryth sea much easier to look at.

I also thought the game never said this (and it might not have back on the Wii) but this time I spotted one of the tutorials mentioned it.

Admittedly it's a single easily missed line when your only map is Colony 9 and possibly Tephra Cave so

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Taear posted:

It's legitimately the worst zone design wise so at least be glad that nothing else in the game comes close.

I assume 'all' in this case is the normal locations and not any of the secret ones.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/sebas21911/status/1271357445307117569

:kimchi: Riki just offered to adopt Shulk. He IS the bestest

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

lezard_valeth posted:

his talk with Dunban about littlepons and daddypons after the events at Galahad Fortress was great too

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Riki is one mistresspon away from being a short fuzzy avatar of trashy daytime tv and yet he doesnt believe in UBI or welfare.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

lezard_valeth posted:

This is only tangentially related to what you posted (which is adorbale, btw), but what's the best way to ensure I have all the fashion armor available? I've really enjoyed dressing up my crew in different outfits as I go to each new area, but there's a lot of possible armor "groups" that I don't have yet.

Should I just go to all the shops and buy at least one piece of every armor?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

This is only tangentially related to what you posted (which is adorbale, btw), but what's the best way to ensure I have all the fashion armor available? I've really enjoyed dressing up my crew in different outfits as I go to each new area, but there's a lot of possible armor "groups" that I don't have yet.

Should I just go to all the shops and buy at least one piece of every armor?

Theres an ongoing save at all times so you can buy one of every piece, then reload your save before buying and all fashion will be unlocked but youll have your money. There are also special sets available from the nopon archsage and the shop in colony 9.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

ConanThe3rd posted:

I assume 'all' in this case is the normal locations and not any of the secret ones.

It's literally all but most secret locations aren't very secret really.

Also I wish the game let you trade faster. I just want hunger crash for reyn. Give me 100, thanks

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.
The most secret area in the game, Sap Cave in Makna Forest, doesn't even count as a secret area for some inane reason.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Barudak posted:

Theres an ongoing save at all times so you can buy one of every piece, then reload your save before buying and all fashion will be unlocked but youll have your money. There are also special sets available from the nopon archsage and the shop in colony 9.

Yup, I know about the Archsage stuff. I'll check out Colony 9 too. Thanks! Time to fashion.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Idkbutlike2 posted:

I was waiting the whole game for Gramps to say "Salvager's Code #7: Love and justice will always prevail!" and have Rex complain about how corny it is. Rex is a pretty blatant Lloyd Irving-esque shounen protagonist.

I mean all JRPG protagonists are shonen so. Shonen archetypes just gel so well with video games.

The only one I can think of that does is Velvet from Tales of Berseria but that’s because she is intentionally bitter

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xenoblade X update; running around in your Skell is just as awesome now as it was 5 years ago. There is just nothing else like it in any other RPG. This still remains a very unique and exciting game to play even with all of its flaws. I feel like many of those issues melt away once you get your skell.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

This got buried and it doesn't deserve to.

It is ART.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWmSWwpTqLc

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
https://youtu.be/-oXjBZQFP3A

Sure, just solo level 100 unique monsters with a level 1 Reyn. Go ahead. Break the game over your knee.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
In what level/chapter of Xenoblade Chronicles do you get the last party member? I really want to look up more guides to the battle system and stuff, but I've been worried that if I do, I'll end up spoiling myself on whoever the last party member is. I'm in Sword Valley and Mumkar just fell off the drat Bionis, rip, so I guess how much longer from there?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

abraham linksys posted:

In what level/chapter of Xenoblade Chronicles do you get the last party member? I really want to look up more guides to the battle system and stuff, but I've been worried that if I do, I'll end up spoiling myself on whoever the last party member is. I'm in Sword Valley and Mumkar just fell off the drat Bionis, rip, so I guess how much longer from there?

You’re very close.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You shouldn't have too many problems looking up guides, the seventh party member is almost exclusively referred to as 'Seven' for this exact reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

abraham linksys posted:

Like maybe 10-20 minutes.