Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuckle Sammich
May 4, 2009

A Rakshasa being the anthropormorhic representation of America answers a ton of loving questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Twelve by Pies posted:

I must be misunderstanding, Garrison can't actually be praising Louis Farrakhan right? :psyduck:

A surprising amount of white supremacists actually really like, or at least respect, Louis Farrakhan. He wants black people to separate and have their own state away from white people - and, heck, that sounds just fine and dandy to them! His long list of past statements against women, Jews, and gay people helps too, of course.

Not that I'm saying Garrison is a white supremacist or anyth- pfft gently caress it yes he is

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Cynthia McKinney being there after she's spent the better part of 20 years being the right's boogeyman is pretty :psyduck:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
The Garrison is a commission, by this dude

quote:

“QUIXOTE” STEELE ON THE MOVE”
Robert David Steele (RDS) was born in the USA (New York, 16 July 1952) and is a former Marine Corps infantry officer, CIA spy, and second ranking civilian in Marine Corps intelligence, responsible for creating the Marine Corps Intelligence Activity. He started the modern Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) discipline in the 1980’s and quickly came to blows with the US intelligence community which is terrified of the idea that most decision-support can and should be done with open sources that can be shared.

He went on to create #UNRIG to support our President, and to champion Open Source Everything Engineering (OSEE) that would allow the President to rebuild America at 20% the cost of the failed Western economic model rooted in waste, lawyers, and thieving bankers. He is widely published; a top non-fiction book reviewer in the English language; and was recommended for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2017. His motto is “the truth at any cost lowers all other costs.”

His personal website, now being delisted by Google, is https://robertdavidsteele.com.

It mostly shows that garrison is ready to publish anything for money. His tweet with the cartoon has a couple of people annoyed about this one hah.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

“Be sure to include my dog, zoey”

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Well she needs the fire department, so...

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Fathis Munk posted:

The Garrison is a commission, by this dude

It mostly shows that garrison is ready to publish anything for money. His tweet with the cartoon has a couple of people annoyed about this one hah.
Don Quixote famously battled windmills that were very real threats.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Johnny Walker posted:

Conservatives haven't read a famous book, the cliffs notes, and somehow missed cultural osmosis

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Remember that conservatives come about as close as you can to literally tilting at windmills (wind turbines).

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Wasn't he calling them winners just the other day?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Agreed; that's a poorly-structured question.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Cloud Potato posted:

PAUL THOMAS on... tearing down statues

Is this a "gently caress off, Paul"? I think this is a "gently caress off, Paul".

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Maintain homeostasis or die!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I feel like Bors needs to revise this comic but change Gay Marriage for Black Lives Matter:

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

If only you had some kind of platform you could use to correct the confusion for a mass audience

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

One of the eight new cases in Victoria attended the BLM rally in Melbourne.

Knight:

Four Chris Lilley shows removed from Netflix Australia library (Guardian).
Chris Lilley is an Australian comedian with a range consisting of him as a white bloke playing a character which isn't a white bloke.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Rowe:

Wilcox:

ABC job cuts on the horizon as managing director asks staff to volunteer for redundancies (ABC)

Zanetti:

Labor MPs who attended Black Lives Matter protests told to get coronavirus test (ABC).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cloud Potato posted:

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

My entire exposure to Dominic Cummings is via Collins' comics and I feel so privileged that I get to live in a world where that is the case.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Johnny Walker posted:

"Some weirdo who sees enemies in completely mundane situations, Is ineffectual" is not a tag I'd have wanted, but you do you I guess.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

A surprising amount of white supremacists actually really like, or at least respect, Louis Farrakhan. He wants black people to separate and have their own state away from white people - and, heck, that sounds just fine and dandy to them! His long list of past statements against women, Jews, and gay people helps too, of course.

Not that I'm saying Garrison is a white supremacist or anyth- pfft gently caress it yes he is

See also: Orban and Bibi getting along just fine by agreeing that Jews need to leave Europe right now.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Simon Says Do What I Say Even Though It Doesn’t Make Any Sense

Ted Rall posted:

Capitalism and its marketing apparatus constantly tell us that we need to buy consumer goods in order to be fully viable human beings. But then they only give a few people the ability to buy those coveted items. Why are they surprised when people decide to loot them?

Tags: Capitalism, Consumerism, George Floyd, looters, Looting, pizzazz, poverty, Riot, Simon says

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

what REALLY happened

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

what REALLY happened

Capitalists: "The middle class should have the economic power to achieve humble levels of financial independence after a lifetime of work and moderation."

Also Capitalists: "Lol why Bernie rich lmao"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'll never get over centrists and the gop harassing Bernie for checking the "Save for retirement" box in the american dream

it's almost like these chucklefucks don't genuinely believe in anything

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Oh no old man Bernie found out that politics is stable income and had good healthcare and half his net worth came from his book.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

HootTheOwl posted:

Oh no old man Bernie found out that politics is stable income and had good healthcare and half his net worth came from his book.

Oh no old man Bernie has saved a couple million after working until age seventy eight

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Stimulus Dreck

I'm pretty sure one of the thread regulars already made this cartoon.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Nonsense it's an election year!

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

And he earned every penny of it, through hard work and plain ol' gumption!

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Sucks about Linney using blackface. I just recently got into Lunatics and thought it was hilarious.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

I'm the scythe labeled "health"

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Evilreaver posted:

I'm the scythe labeled "health"

If you have too many temporary hit points, you die. A Positive Elemental Plane Cartoon.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
yes nothing is a better metaphor for the random chaos that is the specifically targeted attacks on a racist culture than a hurricane. just sweeping in at random and targeting very specific things the comic itself lists.
bok has always been a loving tool completely unsuited for being a political cartoonist in every way required. not smart enough to address an issue or craft a metaphor, not talented enough to draw anything well but useful to assholes.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I can't believe I laughed at a Mallard Fillmore

If Fishman just dropped the whiny old man politics and made a comic about a lovable mischievous duck it might actually be good

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

It's weird how the comic is can make jokes that are actually funny when the author isn't clumsily trying to inject the conservative talking points in every panel.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

InsertPotPun posted:

yes nothing is a better metaphor for the random chaos that is the specifically targeted attacks on a racist culture than a hurricane. just sweeping in at random and targeting very specific things the comic itself lists.
not to defend Bok by any means but that is a tornado, not a hurricane.

sweeping in kinda at random is what tornados are known for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Then put on your mask? Weren't you infected with covid?