Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

zoux posted:

Isn't most of that stuff donated military surplus anyway? Can't the Army just be like, sike give it back

It sure as poo poo not, HPD a few years made a huge hubbub about increasing the police budget for a price of living adjustment for officers, city gave it to them and they used that budget to buy a fleet of MRAPs; each of those suckers cost like a million dollars and they bought 17 of them. City Council was livid.

They're allowed to buy military surplus, it's never donated. That's why all these police budgets balloned to a billion dollars.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jun 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

also i see that mr. west is laying down sick burns on twitter this evening
drat he woulda made a good candidate

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Providence is hardly what I would call a college town.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Who made this? The ghost of William F Buckley Jr? How can someone be so consistently wrong

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

review of lone star's rio jade "mexican lager":

-it's...hoppy?

-i taste pico? is there cilantro in here?

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

No one wants to admit that it's Lubbock

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
That's because they've been to Lubbock.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

These maps use no data and are made to piss people off.

Where the gently caress is Williamstown anyways.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Oil! posted:

Has to be. LSU is the only college that matters in Louisiana.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Oil! posted:

Where the gently caress is Williamstown anyways.

I can only comment on the MT ones as I am a transplant. I went to Bozeman and my sis went to Missoula. Honestly, I enjoyed Missoula way more when I went to visit her. Though the Pickle Barrel being walking distance from my dorms was a plus. I miss those sandwiches.

Like there is just more to do in Missoula though. And you are right on the drat mountain if you want pretty scenery.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

poemdexter posted:

Has to be. LSU is the only college that matters in Louisiana.

Currently trying to puzzle out whether this is an intentional shot at Tulane, or an unintentional shot at Tulane

(I've never even seen Tulane's campus but the couple of grads I knew made New Orleans sound fun as hell)

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Blotto_Otter posted:

Currently trying to puzzle out whether this is an intentional shot at Tulane, or an unintentional shot at Tulane

(I've never even seen Tulane's campus but the couple of grads I knew made New Orleans sound fun as hell)

No idea. Louisiana has what feels like 1000+ colleges, but LSU is the only one that people will cut their own 2 year old daughter's birthday party short for to watch the football game. I went to LA Tech for a while and I remember the email asking students to not wear LSU gear so much and show some school pride. New Orleans is cool but also huge in the sense that like 5 or 6 towns around NOLA get called "New Orleans" much like I'm in Plano but still tell people I'm from Dallas because I'm lazy. Hell, even NOLA proper has Tulane, Loyola, Xavier, and UNO so who knows who they are taking a shot at. Unless they mean actually Metarie proper and you have, well, Christian Bible College of Louisiana? I had to google maps that one to see if there was even a school in city limits.

poemdexter fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jun 12, 2020

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Sixth Street experience pales before the hedonistic might of Northgate.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Arcella posted:

No one wants to admit that it's Lubbock

at least i wasn't the first to say it. ttu parties

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/natemcdermott/status/1271464545597480962

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

zoux posted:

The Sixth Street experience pales before the hedonistic might of Northgate.

For sure, but I don't think you could call Austin a college town. It's just a city with a college. Also, Massachusetts has a city called State College?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Blotto_Otter posted:

There's not even colleges in Metarie. The thing's clearly a troll.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mastajake posted:

Also, Massachusetts has a city called State College?

:negative:

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Metarie? HTH?!? Lafeyette, Nola, Baton Rouge are all better. The only thing Metarie has going for it is the commute to nola.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Those are all cities in their own right that exist beyond the fact that there is a college there. You guys really don't seem to know what a college town is.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

poemdexter posted:

No idea. Louisiana has what feels like 1000+ colleges, but LSU is the only one that people will cut their own 2 year old daughter's birthday party short for to watch the football game. I went to LA Tech for a while and I remember the email asking students to not wear LSU gear so much and show some school pride. New Orleans is cool but also huge in the sense that like 5 or 6 towns around NOLA get called "New Orleans" much like I'm in Plano but still tell people I'm from Dallas because I'm lazy. Hell, even NOLA proper has Tulane, Loyola, Xavier, and UNO so who knows who they are taking a shot at. Unless they mean actually Metarie proper and you have, well, Christian Bible College of Louisiana? I had to google maps that one to see if there was even a school in city limits.

I lived in New Orleans for a while and never heard anyone refer to any of the suburbs as New Orleans like people call Plano or Richardson Dallas. It is just a bad map.

Dameius posted:

Those are all cities in their own right that exist beyond the fact that there is a college there. You guys really don't seem to know what a college town is.

It is a bad map, nothing about Metarie makes it a college town.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
When you google "colleges in Metarie", the first one to come up in Google's list has "New Orleans" in the name. You're getting trolled by fake poo poo so easily.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Dameius posted:

by this definition what college towns exist in Texas? College Station, Lubbock(?), Waco(?)

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

That all just looks like "what's the biggest "college town" that isn't an actual city also?".

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

by this definition what college towns exist in Texas? College Station, Lubbock(?), Waco(?)

Nacogdoches!

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

Alpine (Sul Ross State)

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

San Marcos?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

College Station may be the most college town in the US, it's the only going concern

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

College Station may be the most college town in the US, it's the only going concern

that's not true, you can also find work in the burgeoning Fascism industry

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Badger of Basra posted:

that's not true, you can also find work in the burgeoning Fascism industry

Corps of Cadets is still A&M tho

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/by_jmiller/status/1271492579771678728

Oh ho ho what's this

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

hahahaha, good luck shutting down again, morons

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/lindsayaellis/status/1271523034143260672

The Eyes of Texas is racist?

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

It was first exhibited at a minstrel show in black face.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

If Deep in the Heart of Texas isn’t racist they should do that one, it is the greatest song ever created by Man

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

clap clap clap clap

https://twitter.com/DBrandewie/status/1271529652885094402

That's a complete 180

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Badger of Basra posted:

If Deep in the Heart of Texas isn’t racist they should do that one, it is the greatest song ever created by Man

Deep in the Heart of Texas is a heritage belonging to all in the state, how dare you try to taint it by association with the University of Texas.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

big flip flop john

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Badger of Basra posted:

Everybody knows it already too.

There's also just the fight song.

Do other universities have two school songs? I've always thought it was strange we had a fight song and then a different song for the end of the game.