Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Jeza posted:

Just casually browsing HLTV for match timings, and it really hit home to me how the website has progressively degenerated into a complete cesspool. It was always full of idiots, memes and slapfights, but now it really does double-duty as an online repository for hatred. It's kinda shocking how little is said about it.

Maybe 10-20% of all threads on the sidebar are now political, almost exclusively of an extremist variety. There are scores, if not hundreds, of multi-month or even years old accounts still posting stuff like how all homosexuals deserve the death penalty, women are subhuman, pro-white supremacy, pro-fascism and so on.

I can't help but feel that the admins must be borderline complicit in this because they have simply let this happen over years and years through the most ineffectual moderation standards. Is there any other modern parallel, where the key news/content aggregator site for one of the biggest online games is basically a playground for the far-right? Honestly beggars belief.

It's shockingly bad, 4chan level bad. Closest thing I can thing of is the comment section on Yahoo news, as far as large site discussion goes, but even that is mostly just racist old boomers.

There's a really nasty streak that is super visible in the CS esports community unfortunately. Doesn't help that one of the top public faces reposts MRA poo poo and called Brazilians "monkeys".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Famethrowa posted:

It's shockingly bad, 4chan level bad. Closest thing I can thing of is the comment section on Yahoo news, as far as large site discussion goes, but even that is mostly just racist old boomers.

There's a really nasty streak that is super visible in the CS esports community unfortunately. Doesn't help that one of the top public faces reposts MRA poo poo and called Brazilians "monkeys".

How bad is HLTV? Well, when that exact person says

https://twitter.com/Thorin/status/1250204570342641664?s=20

lol

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Is there a way to join the Steam Group? OP says to join the chat room to request an invite but the link isn't work for me. I requested to join and wasn't accepted please help.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

butros posted:

Is there a way to join the Steam Group? OP says to join the chat room to request an invite but the link isn't work for me. I requested to join and wasn't accepted please help.

PM me or post your profile and I'll send an invite. Or do it through the sub.io discord, up to you,

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

mcvey posted:

PM me or post your profile and I'll send an invite. Or do it through the sub.io discord, up to you,

Thanks shot you a PM.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Its insane how much mileage im getting out of the m4a1-s new price and not buying helmet. I forgot to switch to it on one of my alts and it kinda hosed me up

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

An absolute gronk with a face like a chewed mango.
Hey fellas I was wondering how to join the goons group? Beardcrumb's the name

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

First, you must undergo the rite of initiation. You must halve your mouse sensitivity.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

An absolute gronk with a face like a chewed mango.

ASAPRockySituation posted:

First, you must undergo the rite of initiation. You must halve your mouse sensitivity.

Tried this and I'm now at 1.5

Jesus H Christ it's like learning to play all over again

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

ArfJason posted:

Its insane how much mileage im getting out of the m4a1-s new price and not buying helmet. I forgot to switch to it on one of my alts and it kinda hosed me up

Best thing ever, that 200 dollars in savings goes such a long way down the half (and I was already using the silenced even before the 5 bullet buff)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Yeah with the 350 from no helmet and the 200 from the silenced theres a bunch of cash to use on a kit or nades. Also ive started buying 2 flashes by forgoing HE nades to polish my popflashes. Its *insane* how many people still fall for the long pop flash from cross.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Beardcrumb posted:

Hey fellas I was wondering how to join the goons group? Beardcrumb's the name

I'd say the easiest way to do that is head over to the sub.io thread and joining the Discord as that is the primary hub for the thread these days.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

Beardcrumb posted:

Tried this and I'm now at 1.5

Do it again

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
800@1.2

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

ASAPRockySituation posted:

You must halve your mouse sensitivity.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
400@1.8, I'm a bit under zywoo sense

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i absolutely deserved this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2bmO0-lFTM

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
anyone else had this happen to them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxzpZNWD3AE

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Don't think so. There are some extremely rare voice lines in the game though.

e: There was definitely a weird one as Terrorists on Inferno, I'm 90% sure. Only ever heard it once, and it's not the one about chickens being feathers and bones. It's like a full 10 second spiel. I remember googling itand finding one reference to it online, but I can't remember what it said at all. And I can't find it with any search for rare CSGO voice lines.

Jeza fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jun 8, 2020

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Jeza posted:

Don't think so. There are some extremely rare voice lines in the game though.

e: There was definitely a weird one as Terrorists on Inferno, I'm 90% sure. Only ever heard it once, and it's not the one about chickens being feathers and bones. It's like a full 10 second spiel. I remember googling itand finding one reference to it online, but I can't remember what it said at all. And I can't find it with any search for rare CSGO voice lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls6IxnBhecA

edit: ah poo poo i read your post wrong, my bad

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Uh no i mean wanting to pick up an ak and having the bomb block it

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYyvOsKAVrs

gonna start maining the 5/7

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
my stattrak five seven is the only skin i bought. its such a useful weapon

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

ArfJason posted:

my stattrak five seven is the only skin i bought. its such a useful weapon

I think my stat trak five seven is up to 5k kills now

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Uh ok, I guess...

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

can...can you molly car easily now?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Mirage:

Removed trash pile at top of mid

gently caress u, valve. first you kill my sg, now you kill my favorite smoke???

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I like the Anubis changes but they can still tweak b site a bit more

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

Mirage:

Removed trash pile at top of mid

Rude. I just haven't logged on in a while.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Well I had a weird experience. I've been playing CSGO and other CS versions on and off for years (I am terrible). I was in a casual server and someone started using their factory new Dragon Lore AWP. A few noticed and started passing it around at the start of the game taking screenshots with it. Myself included. I got a few kills with it and was killed by it too.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
isn't that like thirty thousand dollars

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

The Joe Man posted:

isn't that like thirty thousand dollars

More like $5/6k, I believe

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

the price on them dropped because a bunch of them got duped a couple years back.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I landed a sick 6 bunnyhop string in matchmaking and the guys spectating me immediately accused me of hacking and many rounds later kicked me. Good stuff

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

ArfJason posted:

I landed a sick 6 bunnyhop string in matchmaking and the guys spectating me immediately accused me of hacking and many rounds later kicked me. Good stuff

did you blast "imaginary places" by busdriver over mic? they won't kick if you do that

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I had a guy call me a cheater last night cause I prefired z on t side train 5 times with a awp and he played the same spot 5 times without a smoke or position switch up (and I’m LE)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
played 2 back to back matches against the same cheater. to confirm i even did the classic run towards the corner then back away before i show myself to bait out awp shots and it worked. lol at least i had the pleasure of owning him on mid d2 doors with a scout i think twice

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
this cracked me up, starting at 6:45, money quote is at 7:15 "HE JUST poo poo ON US" lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjcVZ4hFHqw&t=406s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
my ears tell me thats not fl0m but my heart believes it is