Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Mordja posted:

I haven't played Hitman, but don't they cycle the elusives back in?

They were supposed to be one time only, but they brought them all back for Hitman 2 IIRC, and they will probably do the same for Hitman 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

What you want to do is:
Start HM2 once, exit it, it should now automatically give you the HM1 content you own as DLC for HM2.
Let HM2 update/download. Then run HM1 in the idler for cards (I forgot if it had those or not) and there is no need for it to be ran any more.

If you own all of HM1 and HM2 you need 150+ GB of storage for it btw. Luckily you can install/deinstall each level with the DLC manager.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

ymgve posted:

They were supposed to be one time only, but they brought them all back for Hitman 2 IIRC, and they will probably do the same for Hitman 3.
Probably lost on the last page but yeah they've all been back except for Gary Busey so they probably had a dumb contract with him.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Hitman: Absolution is currently free on GOG.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Fart of Presto posted:

Hitman: Absolution is currently free on GOG.

That's way overpriced.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Eh if you're looking for a mediocre sleazy poorly written gross cover shooter with some stealth elements..........Hmm forgot what I was trying to say.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Fargin Icehole posted:

I know it's in the name, but why make elusive targets temporary?

When people complain about it being a FOMO thing, they're right. They're used at least to some extent as a lure to get people to buy the game right away instead of waiting for a sale. I'd just encourage anyone who's worried about it to go ahead and wait for the sale (unless they wanted to buy the game earlier for other reasons), because there's nothing about elusive targets worth changing your plans over. If you already own it and have it installed and see one's up, it's kind of an interesting bonus, but it's really not a big deal.

In general, I have a hard time coming up with anything that was time limited in any video game I've played where I was like holy poo poo I'm glad I didn't miss that!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Aren't the Hitman 1 and 2 already full of content even without elusive targets?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yes but the elusive target scenarios are generally pretty cool and it'd be nice to be able to access them whenever

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Darkhold posted:

Also don't be put off by Absolution. The new Hitmans are sequels to Blood Money and play like what you'd expect.

Hitman 2016/2 contain no racism (god the tutorial in Blood Money sucks) and have nice slick intuitive controls, so I'd say they're a massive improvement over Blood Money. Except for the newspapers, but I'll trade better everything over newspapers anyday.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Wamdoodle posted:

Yeah.
I have played over 150hours and I still have like 75% of the escalations (special challenge kills) and 2 alternative missions that I never even touched.

Katreus
May 31, 2011

You and I both know this is silly, but this is the biggest women's sporting event in the world. Let's try to make the most of it, shall we?
IIRC, someone was asking about the ME2 DLC on Steam.

While you cannot get it there, I think this should solve it:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/#masseffect

Looks like for ME2, as long as you have the Steam version, you can just download the executables for the DLC.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Y'all just have to push me into trying to get into nuHitman again despite the massive accumulated backlog, don't you.

...At least I've kept it installed this time.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
No Man's Sky, Battletech, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2, and Dungeon of the Endless were added to Xbox PC Gamepass if any of those are your jam.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Darkhold posted:

Also don't be put off by Absolution. The new Hitmans are sequels to Blood Money and play like what you'd expect.

I misspoke. I definitely finished Absolution, but the heavy emphasis on the storyline that could've been much better, the cartoonlike villains and the score system kinda psychologically stifled my creativity and playstyle. It kinda put me off of Hitman in general.

If Hitman 2016 and above is like Silent Assassin, for sure I'm gonna try it. It's just that there are so many games out there and so little time

neon flame
Feb 21, 2013

Apparently Dan is a sex symbol in France.

Jamfrost posted:

I'm still gonna give that bundle a couple months or until they sort out the sorting. Then I'll start digging into it at my own pace. I should stop buying games, but I won't. That's an interesting recommendation that I'll keep in mind.

Goon lunar detritus made a random game picker that has already turned into a better search function. They've also just added a way to save your download key in your browser and have their site take you directly to a download.

It was posted in the itch bundle thread, which is also worth a look.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Fargin Icehole posted:

I misspoke. I definitely finished Absolution, but the heavy emphasis on the storyline that could've been much better, the cartoonlike villains and the score system kinda psychologically stifled my creativity and playstyle. It kinda put me off of Hitman in general.

If Hitman 2016 and above is like Silent Assassin, for sure I'm gonna try it. It's just that there are so many games out there and so little time

2016 is fantastic, and I think the first level (Paris) has been free for a while, so that should give you a good grasp on how the game plays and if you'll like the rest.

Also 'just Paris' is probably over 20 hours of content if you don't just move on after the first time you kill your targets.

/edit: Hmmm, no, looks like Paris was free for a while, but not now. The 2 intro missions are free (which are super small in scope compared to the rest of them), but should be enough to try out the gameplay.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/649780/HITMAN_Free_Trial/

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 12, 2020

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:siren: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-06-12-star-wars-squadrons-leaks-on-microsoft-store :siren:

This shits gotta be PC too right???
:ohdear:

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
I would be in for a Hitman trilogy on PS5. I have 1 and 2 on steam and will get 3 of course, but I might double-dip lol. Would be fun to restart on a PS5 with my new 65" LG CX.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Wamdoodle posted:

Yeah the Elusive targets are neat, but I played the hell out of both 1 and 2 while largely ignoring them and never felt like I was missing much. The community-designed contracts alone could give you dozens of hours of entertainment (although sorting through to find the good ones can be a slog).

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Ooooh what's this now? The only aspect I enjoyed about battlefront was the space battles.

I'm also gay for the return of Tie Fighter

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Fargin Icehole posted:

Ooooh what's this now? The only aspect I enjoyed about battlefront was the space battles.

I'm also gay for the return of Tie Fighter

https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1271469694168399872?s=20

Sounds like it's going to be an arcade-y joint like the Starfighter Assault mode in Battlefront, though I'd love to be wrong.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

I can’t see Microsoft putting it on the Xbox store and not on PC as well. Even Gears stuff comes to Steam now.

I just saw 2k is making a PGA tour game? I’m kind of excited for that, I loved the EA PGA games but they only made one in the whole last gen. The Golf Club games are alright but they just haven’t done it for me.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Cross-Section posted:

https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1271469694168399872?s=20

Sounds like it's going to be an arcade-y joint like the Starfighter Assault mode in Battlefront, though I'd love to be wrong.

Oh drat.

Well I enjoyed playing the dogfight only stuff, but I'd enjoy a single player version of it like Tie Fighter alot more, and that doesn't sound like it's in the cards

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m so horny for a Rogue Squadron sequel even if its a multiplayer focused spiritual successor. Would love for the single player campaign to cover the major movie battles but I’m sure it’s going to be original content that probably takes place between the original trilogy and the sequel trilogy...

Joiny
Aug 9, 2005

Would you like to peruse my wares?
I hate the elusive targets because they make me feel like I'm missing out but since I own both Hitman 1 & 2, I can assure you that you're not missing anything. Almost all the rewards are suits that you'll never care about since you'll have tons of other disguises to dress up in. There's tons of content in the main game and in the community contracts, the most you're missing out on is voice acting that you can look up on youtube to get the same experience.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/EAStarWars/status/1271502677667528704?s=20

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I can’t see Microsoft putting it on the Xbox store and not on PC as well. Even Gears stuff comes to Steam now.

It's not a Microsoft game, it's EA. Microsoft just hosed up and put up a store page before EA announced the game.

Either way, I can't see EA not putting the game on PC. I don't think they do many games that are console only these days, plus I imagine Disney wants it on as many platforms as possible. With EA putting stuff on Steam lately, it'll probably come out here too, requiring you to log into Origin.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Veotax posted:

It's not a Microsoft game, it's EA. Microsoft just hosed up and put up a store page before EA announced the game.

Either way, I can't see EA not putting the game on PC. I don't think they do many games that are console only these days, plus I imagine Disney wants it on as many platforms as possible. With EA putting stuff on Steam lately, it'll probably come out here too, requiring you to log into Origin.

Yeah, I’m just saying that if Microsoft did the deal to get it on Xbox there’s no way they’d leave it off windows. The only way it wouldn’t come to PC would be if it was a PS4/5 exclusive, and even if it was, it may very well come to PC.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

I’m so horny for a Rogue Squadron sequel even if its a multiplayer focused spiritual successor. Would love for the single player campaign to cover the major movie battles but I’m sure it’s going to be original content that probably takes place between the original trilogy and the sequel trilogy...

play Ace Combat 7

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hwurmp posted:

play Ace Combat 7

It’s on my wishlist waiting for a good sale. Might snag it during the summer sale if the price is right. But it’s not Rogue Squadron...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
At this point I think the question "will it come to PC" assumes every game except for first-party Nintendo and Sony titles.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Mordja posted:

At this point I think the question "will it come to PC" assumes every game except for first-party Nintendo and Sony titles.

Even then, PS exclusive stuff like Death Stranding and HZD are coming to Steam soon. What are the first-party Sony games?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Spiderman, Bloodborne(maybe not for long), Gran Turismo, Nathan Drake(also maybe not for long), motherfucking Hot Shots Golf...

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
I assumed Star Wars Squadrons "multiplayer focus" meant pvp but I really really hope it has small to large scale co-op, that would be awesome.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Katreus posted:

IIRC, someone was asking about the ME2 DLC on Steam.

While you cannot get it there, I think this should solve it:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/#masseffect

Looks like for ME2, as long as you have the Steam version, you can just download the executables for the DLC.

You can download the installers, but the DLC needs to be activated by the mass effect network/biobux thing. The system is beyond hosed up.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Even then, PS exclusive stuff like Death Stranding and HZD are coming to Steam soon. What are the first-party Sony games?

I'm pretty sure HZD coming to PC is a calculated move to try and hook PC gamers into buying a PS5 for the sequel however. Sony fully owns the IP so they can keep the sequel off PC as long as they want.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Horizon Zero Dawn is still a PS4 exclusive for all intents and purposes, in that if you really wanted to play the game chances are you weren't gonna wait 3 years on the off-chance that maybe there's a serendipitous PC release.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

exquisite tea posted:

Horizon Zero Dawn is still a PS4 exclusive for all intents and purposes, in that if you really wanted to play the game chances are you weren't gonna wait 3 years on the off-chance that maybe there's a serendipitous PC release.

probably more than an off chance or serendipity, it wouldn't make much sense for HZD to not be part of a broader PC initiative. but we'll see going forward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Death Stranding was never really an exclusive, and HZD uses the same engine so I bet that is a lot of the reason it got a PC port.

Cartoon Man posted:

Bloodborne(maybe not for long), Nathan Drake(also maybe not for long)

There's literally never been any real information on any of these actually coming to PC, stop fueling the rumor engine.