Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Dragomorph posted:

I would really appreciate some more LPs about some of the other SaGa games in the series. We have ones for Final Fantasy Legends I and II, Romancing SaGa 3, SaGa Frontier and Unlimited SaGa, but the Romancing SaGa 3 one was from far before an official translation of the game came out and the SaGa Frontier one is... a bit dated in some of its humor and language (which is not to say it's not comprehensive but it does clash a little with modern sensibilities). I would especially love one for Romancing SaGa II and SaGa Scarlet Grace: Ambitions since those two have some of the most dramatic differences depending on in-game choices - and the latter is apparently not fully documented yet even in JAPAN.

You forgot the Unlimited Saga LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?

MythosDragon posted:

You forgot the Unlimited Saga LP.

Did not! :saddowns: It's in the list up there.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Dragomorph posted:

Did not! :saddowns: It's in the list up there.

Oh my bad, read through it twice and missed it both times.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Commander Keene posted:

Not a narrative focused LP, but FPZero's and Tyty's LP of the Super Mario World Central Vanilla Level Design Contest 9 (there's a link to it in the OP of this thread) is two romhackers with a long history with SMW reviewing romhacker levels and sounding off about what works and what doesn't in level design. A very interesting watch, IMO, but it's a long one; there were a lot of levels in that contest for them to play through.
There’s URL tags, but it’s not actually linked, for some reason.
e: Fixed!

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 05:23 on May 15, 2020

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
The old thread requires archives but this should link straight to the playlist.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

VLDC9 doesn't require archives.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I'd like to re-request an LP of Warzone 2100 as it's fallen off the list.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I would really like to see an lp of a Dark Souls mod - Dark Souls: Daughters of Ash sounds really cool, from what a friend has told me, and I'd love to see someone tackle it, especially someone with experience with it. There are versions of the mod for the standard game and for the remastered edition.

Scottish Uncle
May 15, 2011

"You're alright, Harry."

azren posted:

I would really like to see an lp of a Dark Souls mod - Dark Souls: Daughters of Ash sounds really cool, from what a friend has told me, and I'd love to see someone tackle it, especially someone with experience with it. There are versions of the mod for the standard game and for the remastered edition.

Non-SA, but this is a good VLP, fairly comprehensive and doesn't feature any facecam screaming wackiness.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Requesting a VLP of Alien Incident (1996). Point-and-click adventure game set on Halloween, first release from developer Housemarque.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

I'm trying to track down a specific video LP of Penumbra: Black Plague, where one goon started the LP but quit halfway through after everyone made fun of how much they were (earnestly) over-acting everything in-game. Another goon picked up the LP and continued to (ironically) over-act everything in-game, leading to a wonderful line of commentary along the lines of: "It's hard for me to walk down this hallway... CARRYING ALL THIS HAM!"

I realize that the LP may be lost to the sands of time due to the way it played out (I doubt it would have been archived by the first goon), but if anyone remembers what the hell I'm talking about and knows if it was cached or backed up somewhere, I'd love to relive that.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Paper Tiger posted:

I'm trying to track down a specific video LP of Penumbra: Black Plague, where one goon started the LP but quit halfway through after everyone made fun of how much they were (earnestly) over-acting everything in-game. Another goon picked up the LP and continued to (ironically) over-act everything in-game, leading to a wonderful line of commentary along the lines of: "It's hard for me to walk down this hallway... CARRYING ALL THIS HAM!"

I realize that the LP may be lost to the sands of time due to the way it played out (I doubt it would have been archived by the first goon), but if anyone remembers what the hell I'm talking about and knows if it was cached or backed up somewhere, I'd love to relive that.

https://lparchive.org/Penumbra-Overture/

This one? Crackle abandons it halfway through the second game and Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur takes over on page 16 of the thread.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

SimonChris posted:

https://lparchive.org/Penumbra-Overture/

This one? Crackle abandons it halfway through the second game and Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur takes over on page 16 of the thread.

That's the one! I saw the archive entry for the first game (Overture) but didn't think to check whether it included the second game (Black Plague) as well. Unfortunately the video links are all dead now (RIP Viddler), but it's fun going through the thread again. Thanks!

EDIT: For posterity, based on a quote in-thread the commentary may have actually been "The darkness is as impenetrable as a solid wall, and I have to run through it carrying ALL OF THIS HAM!". Still makes me chuckle.

Paper Tiger fucked around with this message at 19:56 on May 24, 2020

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

The top of the LP page has an internet archive link, all the videos should be there.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

ShootaBoy posted:

The top of the LP page has an internet archive link, all the videos should be there.

Good lord, I'm really batting 1.000 today. Thanks!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Scottish Uncle posted:

Non-SA, but this is a good VLP, fairly comprehensive and doesn't feature any facecam screaming wackiness.

Just wanted to say thanks, this guy's fantastic. Decently informative and cuts out repetition while leaving in failure - perfect for Souls.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Scottish Uncle posted:

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Just wanted to say thanks, this guy's fantastic. Decently informative and cuts out repetition while leaving in failure - perfect for Souls.

Awesome, I'll make sure to check this one out!

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Not entirely sure what I'm looking for, but this might just be the thread to ask for it...

I'm forever imprisoned in home office. Long-running LPs are just perfect on the side. Anybody know of something decently competent, preferably with a group of people, who tend to make fun of whatever goofy stuff they encounter? I'm thinking of something like the classic Persona 4 Endurance run from Giant Bomb. Doesn't have to be JRPGs, it just kinda feels like anime stuff is especially easy to make fun of.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
https://lparchive.org/Saints-Row-2/

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Torquemadras posted:

Not entirely sure what I'm looking for, but this might just be the thread to ask for it...

I'm forever imprisoned in home office. Long-running LPs are just perfect on the side. Anybody know of something decently competent, preferably with a group of people, who tend to make fun of whatever goofy stuff they encounter? I'm thinking of something like the classic Persona 4 Endurance run from Giant Bomb. Doesn't have to be JRPGs, it just kinda feels like anime stuff is especially easy to make fun of.
Freelance Astronauts ruining Mass Effect: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3335315

e: oops, guess I should link lparchive too https://lparchive.org/Mass-Effect/

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 28, 2020

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
https://lparchive.org/Mercenaries-2/

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Torquemadras posted:

https://lparchive.org/Prince-of-Persia-2008-(by-nine-gear-crow)/

Thank god that self-promo rule is gone now :buddy:

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
You've got an extra hyphen in your link.

Seconding the recommendation, though. The game was rather borderline in my opinion, but the LP was fun.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

Thank god that self-promo rule is gone now :buddy:

Nice LP history you got there.

Would be a shame If I...... put https://lparchive.org/White-Knight-Chronicles-I-II/ in it

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Nidoking posted:

You've got an extra hyphen in your link.

Seconding the recommendation, though. The game was rather borderline in my opinion, but the LP was fun.

That's a different LP entirely. :v:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Torquemadras posted:

Anything by wateyad and Pork Lift. Star Ocean 4 in particular was an experience, and I enjoyed what I saw of their LPs of FF13 and The Last Story.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Anyone got a rec of a good Rimworld LP? I'm interested in a story-heavy VLP, but I'll take a techncial one too. I'm currently watching PeteComplete's Ice Sheet Challenge but I'd like to shake it up with a different LPer.

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
Anybody know a good LP of Red Dead Redemption 2 that's just the story/side missions without commentary and travel time cut out? The old man watched me play for a while the other day and we both figured it would be a good afternoon killer of a western for us to watch together, but I don't want to subject him to long stretches of free roam dickery.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
I'd definitely like to request an LP of the indie game Armoured Commander 2. It really seems like the sort of thing you could write a narrative around

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
I would like to request an lp of the Chrono Trigger fan-game sequel Crimson Echoes. From what I can remember from a play-through I watched years ago it has a very fanfiction like plot and should be perfect for an lp.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Can anyone recommend a good lp of Dragon Quest 11?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I know this is not an LP style that people like on SA, but I don't know where ask to find a good recommendation, I love LPs where voice actors, or pseudo voice actors do the voices. My favorite LP of this style is when ProZD and his friend voiced over the Phoenix Wright games, but I've watched all their stuff, is their more in this style? Alternatively, is there good LPs of RPGs with the grind cut out that has a fair amount of voiced lines?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I don't know if it'll be exactly to your tastes, but the first suggestion to come to my mind is OfficallyDevin and his narrative LPs. It's always just him, but he does voices for different characters and writes a whole story for each series. I'd suggest Honorable Gentleman as a decent starting point for his whole style, its a good story, not as long as some of the other series, and has quite a cast of characters voiced. Beyond that, you can look for other Narrative LPs (sometimes just labeled NLP), as there are some others out there on youtube that do them.

differentiating
Mar 30, 2019

My recommendation for voice acting would be Pharaoh 2091 and his streams with voice actress SkiniMini, but most of those are also Ace Attorney games, so I'm not sure if there'd be any new content for you there. I just finished their stream of The Great Ace Attorney and really enjoyed it.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Boba Pearl posted:

I know this is not an LP style that people like on SA, but I don't know where ask to find a good recommendation, I love LPs where voice actors, or pseudo voice actors do the voices. My favorite LP of this style is when ProZD and his friend voiced over the Phoenix Wright games, but I've watched all their stuff, is their more in this style? Alternatively, is there good LPs of RPGs with the grind cut out that has a fair amount of voiced lines?

The NyanCave has quite a large variety of those.

Sonderval
Sep 10, 2011
I’m looking for skippy granolas saints row 3 lp the whole YouTube channel appears to be gone, anyone got a backup / archive?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

He deleted his channel a good long while ago when he got out of making LPs but someone made a backup of all the stuff he did at the time. Try reaching out to him on Twitter, he might be able to help you there.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Artix posted:

UNFULFILLED REQUESTS:

[*]Shanghai EXE: Genso Network - 1/20
Heyo! I saw this on the list, so I figured I'd start it myself. :shobon:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3927949

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

we've had to put our cat to sleep today, so if I could get a recommendation for an LP that's warm and comforting and maybe a little funny, that would really hit the spot right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

double nine posted:

we've had to put our cat to sleep today, so if I could get a recommendation for an LP that's warm and comforting and maybe a little funny, that would really hit the spot right now.

I'm sorry about your loss. I found Zorak's LP of Endless Ocean 2 pretty chilled out, for the most part, the commentary can get a little loud here and there but there was something pretty relaxing about watching someone explore underwater worlds. It's pretty amusing at times too. It's not in the archives unfortunately but there is a youtube playlist that's still available: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaVQYuFaXnsweGuuPlfcg0rW-Xy0jJAo0

The original thread is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3516951