Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Wamsutta posted:

masks optional is like having a peeing section in the pool, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

MorrisBae posted:

So since MadJackal posted his guidance list for hospital handling of COVID patients 3+ months ago, have there been any breakthroughs other than "turn them on their bellies"

Don't give them hydroxychloroquine

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Don't give them hydroxychloroquine

lmao I read how the state of Florida ordered 1 million doses this month.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
Florida: we would like all the snowbirds to loving painfully and expensively die surprise lol

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

fosborb posted:

Florida: we would like all the snowbirds to loving painfully and expensively die surprise lol

Hell, same

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Provo /ˈproʊvoʊ/ is the third-largest city in Utah, United States. It is 43 miles (69 km) south of Salt Lake City along the Wasatch Front. Provo is the largest city and county seat of Utah County. It is home to Brigham Young University (BYU) and Sundance Resort is located just northeast of the city. Estimate (2019)[5] 116,618

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

facetoucher cat posted:

Lmao so, I had to schedule this stupid coronavirus test but come to find out that Georgia doesn't test on the weekends so because I couldn't make the next and last test at 3pm I have to wait until Monday morning

And I spiked a low fever of 99.1°, my BP shot up to 133/99, and my resting heart rate is 100 when it's normally 70ish. Not sure if I want to play this game of "reality" anymore and would like a refund, please

That sounds a lot worse than whatever I've got going on, you should maybe go get a check up this weekend

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Provo /ˈproʊvoʊ/ is the third-largest city in Utah, United States. It is 43 miles (69 km) south of Salt Lake City along the Wasatch Front. Provo is the largest city and county seat of Utah County. It is home to Brigham Young University (BYU) and Sundance Resort is located just northeast of the city. Estimate (2019)[5] 116,618

I have one particularly nice memory of driving through Utah, I think it was around Provo, one morning and stopping to get gas at a gas station. The view from the gas station was really, really nice. That is my opinion of Provo and Utah in general.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Zyme posted:

I have one particularly nice memory of driving through Utah, I think it was around Provo, one morning and stopping to get gas at a gas station. The view from the gas station was really, really nice. That is my opinion of Provo and Utah in general.

Well now they're all dead sorry.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwN5vYGiZws

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Zyme posted:

Utah is basically the ultimate neutron bomb candidate and would be the best place on earth without people.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
This is hosed

quote:

The Tennessee Senate advanced legislation Thursday that would provide nursing homes, grocery stores and other businesses sweeping protections from coronavirus lawsuits.

The measure is similar to the growing trend going on in states that have begun to reopen since shutting down months earlier, with supporters arguing employers need assurance they can open their doors without facing a wave of litigation.

However, critics warn that such actions only add another impossible barrier to employees seeking restitution from businesses that placed them at risk.

“We all want protections for businesses to open. None of us want frivolous lawsuits,” said Democratic Sen. Sara Kyle, from Memphis. “But these are the toughest cases to bring in Tennessee.”

Lawmakers took up the bill as the Senate nears the end of its business for the year. Along with taking the business immunity proposal, the Senate advanced a drastically trimmed $39.4 billion spending plan for fiscal year 2020-21.

According to the bill, qualifying businesses would not be liable for any “damages, injury or death” from allegedly contracting coronavirus at their establishment unless the claimant can prove “gross negligence or willful misconduct” that the businesses did not properly comply with public health guidelines.

The bill also stipulates that anyone seeking to file a lawsuit must include a statement from at least one coronavirus expert who agrees there is a “good faith basis” to submit the claim. The law will apply for any coronavirus-related lawsuits between when Tennessee reported its first confirmed case of COVID-19 on March 5, 2020 to July 1, 2022.

Gov. Bill Lee has already come out in favor of offering more protections to businesses, arguing that employers “need to be protected from frivolous and inappropriate litigation.”

Under Lee's leadership, Tennessee was one of the first states to begin reopening in late April after the Republican reluctantly issued a safer-at-home order that forced businesses to close.

Lee has since continued to relax restrictions in order to help boost the state's economy, which has seen record-high unemployment numbers.

Yet doing so means reassuring businesses they won't be hit with lawsuits that will potentially financially cripple them.

“This will bring relief to every part of the state,” said Sen. Mike Bell, a Republican from Riceville.

The bill advanced Thursday with unanimous support from the Tennessee Senate's Republicans. Four Democratic members chose to vote “present.” It must now pass the House before it can go before the governor's desk.

For most people, the new coronavirus causes mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough that clear up in two to three weeks. For some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia and death.

Ah yes nursing homes, a place of business that must be protected from litigation.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

facetoucher cat posted:

Georgia doesn't test on the weekends
ha

haha

wtf

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
You know how, in horror movies, you watch as some disposable character runs away from the bad guy up the stairs or into the woods and you roll your eyes at how stupid they are.

This is me, rolling my eyes at the USA as we run head on into a second wave of a pandemic.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUtBdHSLfW0

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/wttw/status/1271534144313602049?s=20

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Pillowpants posted:

You know how, in horror movies, you watch as some disposable character runs away from the bad guy up the stairs or into the woods and you roll your eyes at how stupid they are.

This is me, rolling my eyes at the USA as we run head on into a second wave of a pandemic.
!!! It's the same freaking wave, there's no second wave.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ebola Roulette posted:

This is hosed

Ah yes nursing homes, a place of business that must be protected from litigation.

They do the same thing in Florida due to the "magic" of lobbying by for profit nursing homes.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

A Buttery Pastry posted:

!!! It's the same freaking wave, there's no second wave.

Give up, no one is listening anymore.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

my coworkers aren't allowed to enforce the mask order but can "ask people to leave" if they're making them uncomfortable, which as we all know, works out great

anyway we're set to stay home for the rest of the year lmbo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
<@! ;!#

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

fosborb posted:

A good chunk of Florida's economy runs on Medicare fraud so checks out :hmmyes:

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Next week will be fun as a handful of states realize they have opened pandora's box and nothing they do will close it back up.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Hot off the presses.

https://www.scdhec.gov/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/sc-testing-data-projections-covid-19

HELL loving YEAH

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
We're about to see a cluster of places all burn through this as bad or worse than NYC did.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Iron Crowned posted:

Give up, no one is listening anymore.
I will never surrender to people who have not yet developed an understanding of object permanence.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hrmm... Trending downward with a positive slope
math can be funny like that sometimes I guess

open up wide

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

We're about to see a cluster of places all burn through this as bad or worse than NYC did.

It's going to be worse because in NYC they actually flattened the curve and in all the places popping off right now they are just going to exponentially rise until they are all dead

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I will never surrender to people who have not yet developed an understanding of object permanence.

Now that it's summer, the only Corona you have to worry about is the beer :confused:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Had a work call recently that referred to travel to SC as "sending people into the Hot Zone"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

Now that it's summer, the only Corona you have to worry about is the beer :confused:

It isn't summer yet.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It isn't summer yet.

gently caress you! The pool is open, it's summer

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I just keep refreshing the local news site waiting them to replace the "All bowling alleys are open" headline with "New Record in Cases per Day"

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

shovelbum posted:

Had a work call recently that referred to travel to SC as "sending people into the Hot Zone"

we're trying to figure out how to regionally go/no-go travel to different customers with zero guidance from upper management, which is fun

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Hrmm... Trending downward with a positive slope
math can be funny like that sometimes I guess

open up wide

just flip the chart upside down and let er fuckin rip

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Wamsutta posted:

masks optional is like having a peeing section in the pool, lol

masks optional is drunk driving discouraged but not banned

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ebola Roulette posted:

This is hosed

the lawsuit immunity is what gets me. if all we had was common law and the state and federal government didnt even exist we would be much safer as a society. we wouldnt need someone on top making a shutdown. the threat of lawsuit and damages would accomplish that

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

brugroffil posted:

we're trying to figure out how to regionally go/no-go travel to different customers with zero guidance from upper management, which is fun

My work is having me come back in but has a rule that I have to work from home for 14 days if I have left the state and it feels like such a perverse incentive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
while the first wave never ended, there was still a very clear flattening and then gradual decline, which is now being reversed. it is fair to call this a "second wave" insofar as it is interfering with the first and, through the additive properties of physics, creating a massive tsunami that will kill everyone, imho