Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

oh yeah thats bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
IHME's projection for SC:

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

👏death👏death👏DEATH👏

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
here is a really good, relatively short rabbit hole conspiracy theory investigation on coronavirus

https://twitter.com/whmullally/status/1271109120997933058?s=21

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

warm weather will kill it guys, and besides its just the flu

augias
Apr 7, 2009

BeefThief posted:

warm weather will kill it guys, and besides its just the flu

True...true...

Truem

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Steve Yun posted:

here is a really good, relatively short rabbit hole conspiracy theory investigation on coronavirus

such a good payoff for this, pro click

mystes
May 31, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

Phew, I'm really relieved to know that people weren't aware of coronaviruses or what they looked like in 2011, because that would clearly entail some sort of conspiracy.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

:hmmyes:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Thoguh posted:

Naw, those machines used to be in every branch and bringing in a bunch of change didn't take much longer than any other transaction. I used to save all my change and bring it in once a year or so and it never was a big deal until one year suddenly all the machines were gone.

I fell for the bank propaganda that it took labor to sort this change. I am shamed.

mystes
May 31, 2006

South Carolina, I'm proud of you. Texas and Florida, you need to try harder.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Mustached Demon posted:

poo poo did we pass WW1 yet?

cue people explaining that it’s ok because there’s a lot more people on earth now so this is actually just a tiny percentage, just go outside bro

quote:

I’m boycotting the media, so no “numbers” for me to worry about. There, problem solved.

gently caress why didn’t I think of this earlier

Comfy Fleece Sweater has issued a correction as of 23:04 on Jun 12, 2020

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
my parents arent chuds but they are dumbass boomers so they've also stopped watching the news

my theory is that there was a second pandemic BEFORE covid of a mental disease that made all the boomer brains even smoother

or maybe its a cordyceps thing where the first symptom of the disease is making the host act dumber and spread it more

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Write me some dystopian headlines.

No, that is too absurd.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
You guys I just heard someone at my work has covid, I thought the pandemic was over???

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

StormDrain posted:

You guys I just heard someone at my work has covid, I thought the pandemic was over???

The pandemic's over. It's an endemic now.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1271203807712575489?s=21

America is acting so lame rn

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

quote:

How is it proven that this is spreading due to lack of mask-wearing? Last I heard it was spreading among extended families living in crowded apartments. Lots of agricultural workers are getting it, due to close working conditions. I've yet to hear of a single case being caught from a mask-less shopper at the local Walmart.

Wearing a masks causes me undue hardship. Nobody has the right to cause me undue distress, regardless of how fearful they might be in public.

Our economy in Georgia is doing fine, with lots and lots of mask-free people and reduced distancing. No spike in cases yet, either.

What is this code for I can't figure it out.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

The pandemic's over. It's an endemic now.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

SC currently with a positive rate of 14.4% on tests too holy poo poo.
14.88%

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
It is over

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Thoguh posted:

Naw, those machines used to be in every branch and bringing in a bunch of change didn't take much longer than any other transaction. I used to save all my change and bring it in once a year or so and it never was a big deal until one year suddenly all the machines were gone.

I tried getting my change counted at a pnc branch last winter. They told me they had taken out the machines five years ago, but there was a coin star at the grocery next door.

My guess is maintenance costs on the machines that saw fewer and fewer uses

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good to know!

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

haha holy poo poo these loving people

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the funniest development out of the locked-down NYC is all the bars staying open and the second the weather got remotely nice they started adopting look-the-other-way alcohol sales where people could do "pickup" and then just hang out out front drinking in public. so every half block theres a crowd of 14 ppl with no masks drinking at 2 in the afternoon that you have to walk through.

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000
does anybody have that gif handy of two kids fighting in a school labeled COVID / world and then the random kid break dancing labeled USA?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

In Training posted:

the funniest development out of the locked-down NYC is all the bars staying open and the second the weather got remotely nice they started adopting look-the-other-way alcohol sales where people could do "pickup" and then just hang out out front drinking in public. so every half block theres a crowd of 14 ppl with no masks drinking at 2 in the afternoon that you have to walk through.

can confirm, it really started happening about three weeks ago or so, I was aghast. it’s really taken off with the warm weather

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lol at the grocery store in Iowa and if you don't count the employees it's 95% mask free. guy in the check out lane over is coughing :rip:

openerup!

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

IHME's projection for SC:

very helpful

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

In Training posted:

im about to walk outside in the east village and fully expect to see this again

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

at least their uncertainty cone gets bigger with time now instead of smaller like it did at first

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Zyme posted:

does anybody have that gif handy of two kids fighting in a school labeled COVID / world and then the random kid break dancing labeled USA?

https://i.imgur.com/d97Of0K.mp4

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

america owns

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

lol Austin

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

even better than I remembered, thanks

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
incredible scenes await when people start coughing at the trump rally

my bet is it will be cancelled

https://twitter.com/maddow/status/1271558027347464193

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

wtf

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

poty posted:

incredible scenes await when people start coughing at the trump rally

my bet is it will be cancelled

https://twitter.com/maddow/status/1271558027347464193

Canceling is admitting defeat

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
what’s the ETA on mainstream media pulling out the log charts again in an attempt to downplay things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

I predict excuses and dawdling next week and more lockdowns the week after.