Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Independence is the fifth-largest city in the U.S. state of Missouri. It lies within Jackson County, of which it is the county seat.[6] Independence is a satellite city of Kansas City, Missouri, and is part of the Kansas City metropolitan area. Estimate (2019)[3] 116,672

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

My work is having me come back in but has a rule that I have to work from home for 14 days if I have left the state and it feels like such a perverse incentive.

If you are close to the state line, sounds like you need to make a weekend trip every week.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Zil posted:

If you are close to the state line, sounds like you need to make a weekend trip every week.

Pet a covid cat in every state

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Independence is the fifth-largest city in the U.S. state of Missouri. It lies within Jackson County, of which it is the county seat.[6] Independence is a satellite city of Kansas City, Missouri, and is part of the Kansas City metropolitan area. Estimate (2019)[3] 116,672

bringing me those 2020 Oregon trail vibes

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Just found out my niece is going to prom tonight. They're making the kids wear masks on the bus but then they can take them off at the dance. lol

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Zyme posted:

I have one particularly nice memory of driving through Utah, I think it was around Provo, one morning and stopping to get gas at a gas station. The view from the gas station was really, really nice. That is my opinion of Provo and Utah in general.

if you fly into Vegas you can buy a big pack of edibles and drive 2 hrs up to zion national park and its like double rainbow levels of pretty

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

poo poo did we pass WW1 yet?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

PyPy posted:

if you have loose coin laying around, please dump it back into circulation at your bank or coin aggregator.

My bank won't sort them )=

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Mustached Demon posted:

poo poo did we pass WW1 yet?

We're within 40 deaths of passing it (116,708)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

jisforjosh posted:

We're within 40 deaths of passing it (116,708)

USA #1!!!!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i havent had an account with a bank that has brick and mortar branches for years

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

“masks optional” has been the republican party for years so

lol god drat

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Rutibex posted:

the lawsuit immunity is what gets me. if all we had was common law and the state and federal government didnt even exist we would be much safer as a society. we wouldnt need someone on top making a shutdown. the threat of lawsuit and damages would accomplish that

Making businesses immune but not allowing people to get unemployment if they refuse to work at a place because they aren't comfortable is beyond hosed up.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

I keep throwing pennies at the bank drive through window but nobody is coming out to get them.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

[COVID-19 Summer] 28 Peaks Later

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Lol hope you got yer beans

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

Sunny Side Up has issued a correction as of 14:10 on Dec 14, 2020

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Knoxville has had indoor dining open for at least a week now, and cases are higher than they've ever been in TN, I'm sure things are just gonna be getting better from here on out.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

kazr posted:

Lol hope you got yer beans

I snorted with laughter when CNN had multiple articles on storing beans, bean shopping advice and bean facts a few weeks after the goon hording obsession posts.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rick posted:

My bank won't sort them )=

The fact that a lot of bank offices won't take and sort change anymore is just utter loving bullshit. Like I can sort of understand a small branch office in the middle of a major city not doing it, but major branches out in the burbs not doing it is just stupid. They can have a 2000 sq foot building but somehow can afford to have a dedicated change machine.

And I just know that it probably comes from some sort of under the table agreement with the change sorting machine companies that take a portion of your change just to count it.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Shear Modulus posted:

masks optional is drunk driving discouraged but not banned

some drive better with a few road sodas just like some are less contagious without a mask thats just science

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

SC currently with a positive rate of 14.4% on tests too holy poo poo.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

SC currently with a positive rate of 14.4% on tests too holy poo poo.

Lindsay Graham's legacy

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

My work is having me come back in but has a rule that I have to work from home for 14 days if I have left the state and it feels like such a perverse incentive.

We already had one emergency trip where I made my guy stay home for a week after he came back. My boss wants at least a solid week between any trips, not the typical back-to-back for weeks our guys (and sometimes me) might do.

I know I'm not getting on a plane any time soon, though.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

facetoucher cat posted:

I've got to have another covid test, I'm pissed. I don't think it's coronavirus and am kinda worried about lung cancer tbh. Having sharp pain between my shoulder blades on my upper back near my spine when I breathe so severe that I called my doctor's emergency line last night because I was afraid to go to the ER because of the covid. She said some BS about asymptomatic people displaying like that and my suddenly onset but didn't listen to me that I've had this pain before when they brained me with the swab for the test. If they missed something early because they thought it was coronavirus back in March I'm going to be so very angry

This morning it's in the front lower left lung too. Hot liquid makes it feel better tho, imma drink all the coffee and lay on all the heating pads. Oh and I set my microwave on fire yesterday so that sucked

As someone who had lung problems that legitimately took seeing 10-15 doctors over three years to diagnose, this could be a million different things, unfortunately. If you don't feel like you're getting the care you need you are going to have to self-advocate, which loving sucks but you should push to see a pulmonologist if your insurance covers it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mustached Demon posted:

Lindsay Graham's legacy

Well that and his ladybugs

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

lmao look at the loving positivity numbers going up!!!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Shear Modulus posted:

masks optional is drunk driving discouraged but not banned

that's basically what we have with the .08 limit

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Ringo Roadagain posted:

lmao look at the loving positivity numbers going up!!!

all numbers must go up

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

COVID-420 posted:

maybe it's worth mentioning that the public opinion shift after the protests is unprecedented

americans loving LOVED these protests and they changed the american mind faster than any event in its history

look at this poo poo!!

incredible

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

euphronius posted:

incredible

The virgin "your vote counts!" vs the Chad "Throw the CSA statue in the River" Direct Action

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

TMMadman posted:

The fact that a lot of bank offices won't take and sort change anymore is just utter loving bullshit. Like I can sort of understand a small branch office in the middle of a major city not doing it, but major branches out in the burbs not doing it is just stupid. They can have a 2000 sq foot building but somehow can afford to have a dedicated change machine.

And I just know that it probably comes from some sort of under the table agreement with the change sorting machine companies that take a portion of your change just to count it.

You would have to actually hire enough tellers to actually properly staff the banks and at least from what I understand most big banks are trying to run their branches on skeleton crews.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Rick posted:

You would have to actually hire enough tellers to actually properly staff the banks and at least from what I understand most big banks are trying to run their branches on skeleton crews.

Naw, those machines used to be in every branch and bringing in a bunch of change didn't take much longer than any other transaction. I used to save all my change and bring it in once a year or so and it never was a big deal until one year suddenly all the machines were gone.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Squizzle posted:

if everyone else dies of coronas i will wander the earth offering burial rites to the billions dead, incl new avs and gang-tags for them to enjoy in the afterlife

Your past studies have prepared you well for your role in the coming Canticle for Liebowitz world

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

brugroffil posted:

all numbers must go up

14 %!!!!!!!

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/DrIbram/status/1271482718086483968?s=20

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
good documentary film on the US COVID19 response

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2QKDVIQ1zg

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

SardonicTyrant posted:

[COVID-19 Summer] 28 Peaks Later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Thoguh posted:

Naw, those machines used to be in every branch and bringing in a bunch of change didn't take much longer than any other transaction. I used to save all my change and bring it in once a year or so and it never was a big deal until one year suddenly all the machines were gone.

not the hope & change you expected, huh