Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i cannot believe that you have dismayed kim like this

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

"Yeah...gently caress us! Please, I'm desperate!"

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Digital Osmosis posted:

Speaking of music - I've been meaning to give British Sea Power a listen after playing this an absurd amount but I'm not sure where to start. Anyone know them well and have a good album or two to jump into? I listened to a few random tracks I liked and of course "The Smallest Church in Sussex" but nothing grabbed me enough to stick it out long enough to get to know a whole album.

weirdly i like the DE music but have no truck at all with BSP

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Cops instigating again I see

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I enjoy how tidy the lettering is.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Shame on you if you didn't put I love you, Cuno :colbert:

Captain Splendid fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 10, 2020

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

cuno doesn't care

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Captain Splendid posted:

Does he respond?

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Does he respond?

I can't remember the specifics but I think the reaction was a combination of admiration and homophobia

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

I can't remember where but I recently got some dialog where someone called me a whore -- I think metaphorically, for doing other people's dirty work? Anyway one of the responses was something like "Sorry but I can't be a whore, I think I'm already hooking for Cuno."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Peanut Butler posted:

this is rly good and very disco and if you have an hour or two, the first day is playable in-browser: https://marafrass.itch.io/clam-man-2-open-mic

So does anyone know what Clam Man 1 was like? Was it Disco? Or did it work differently because it was before Disco?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Ryuujin posted:

So does anyone know what Clam Man 1 was like? Was it Disco? Or did it work differently because it was before Disco?

It appears to be a point and click adventure

In a sense, Disco Elysium is an innovation on that genre

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Captain Splendid posted:

I will not be ashamed of painting something beautiful is going to happen.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Digital Osmosis posted:

I can't remember where but I recently got some dialog where someone called me a whore -- I think metaphorically, for doing other people's dirty work? Anyway one of the responses was something like "Sorry but I can't be a whore, I think I'm already hooking for Cuno."

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I really liked that bit because the "I just wanted to see what happened if I said it" thing was spot on.

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

Plz state the nature of the medical emergency
So I read somewhere the devs want to make a sequel where you play as a pregnant woman?

:getin:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

DrDraxium posted:

So I read somewhere the devs want to make a sequel where you play as a pregnant woman?

:getin:

Fargo game confirmed?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
It's an idea they kicked around during the game, no announcements or official effort or anything.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Captain Splendid posted:

I can't remember the specifics but I think the reaction was a combination of admiration and homophobia

Awww, he's a good kid.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Had a sudden thought that the Rejected Parents thread reminded me of Idiot Doom Spiral; the very specific style of narcissistic storytelling where they clearly think they're telling a clear and coherent narrative about how things went wrong through no fault of their own but they're obviously leaving out so many pertinent details that it's obviously incoherent and filled with gaps where the teller isn't and possibly cannot acknowledge cause and effect.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Had a sudden thought that the Rejected Parents thread reminded me of Idiot Doom Spiral; the very specific style of narcissistic storytelling where they clearly think they're telling a clear and coherent narrative about how things went wrong through no fault of their own but they're obviously leaving out so many pertinent details that it's obviously incoherent and filled with gaps where the teller isn't and possibly cannot acknowledge cause and effect.

The what thread

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

"Estranged Parents," support groups for narcissists whose children have attempted to have boundaries. Pretty interesting content.

e: here is the thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3893726&pagenumber=1

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jun 12, 2020

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Holy hell, you can get one of Rene's medals.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

definitely seeing plenty of ZA/UM there, the reading interface design and the skill inferences in design

also general aesthetic feeling, music feels pretty appropriate

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Peanut Butler posted:

this is rly good and very disco and if you have an hour or two, the first day is playable in-browser: https://marafrass.itch.io/clam-man-2-open-mic
Saved my game. Reloaded it to find myself walking around while the evaluation form (the way you set your skills as the game starts) is still there, obscuring all other choices. Oh, and the game still remembered my previous skill choice, so I couldn't even complete the form, being stuck in a loop.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Xander77 posted:

Saved my game. Reloaded it to find myself walking around while the evaluation form (the way you set your skills as the game starts) is still there, obscuring all other choices. Oh, and the game still remembered my previous skill choice, so I couldn't even complete the form, being stuck in a loop.

I mean, it's a free prototype demo. Report the bug to the dev, I guess?

Weebus
Feb 26, 2017

Xander77 posted:

It's annoying but you can get around the bug by quitting to main menu before you reload.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Animal-Mother posted:

Holy hell, you can get one of Rene's medals.

I found and did this yesterday and it might be the funniest goddamn scene I've ever seen in a game

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I feel like I got a good deal toward getting that medal, but cracked early and admitted that I was just trying to get that goddamned sandwich

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I wanted that sandwich as well, but when gaston excitedly asked me if I could make the ur-sandwich for which I needed his, I was compelled to forsake it and choose '(Stare into the distance) "No. No one can."'

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I wanna make that sandwich irl.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I flew the sandwich around Kim's face while making airplane noises. He smacked it to the ground.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Wow! Rude. In my first run I never found my paperwork, so I borrowed Kim's. Then I had to borrow his pen to fill it out. I borrowed his tools, of course. I also borrowed his gun. I borrowed the money for the hotel after selling his hubcaps. Out of everything that I borrowed, he most resented the pen. He's one of those guys.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

I flew the sandwich around Kim's face while making airplane noises. He smacked it to the ground.

i cannot believe you would use my friend, kim kitsuragi, in this fashion

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Wow! Rude. In my first run I never found my paperwork, so I borrowed Kim's. Then I had to borrow his pen to fill it out. I borrowed his tools, of course. I also borrowed his gun. I borrowed the money for the hotel after selling his hubcaps. Out of everything that I borrowed, he most resented the pen. He's one of those guys.

Do not talk poo poo about Kim.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

I felt so drat bad about those hubcaps.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Most of that stuff is either department-issued or mission-critical for the circumstances, and in any case not easily procured without a detour, and Kim will bear with it for the sake of the investigation. The pen is a private expense that can be easily replicated in function by cheaper substitutes. Kim's annoyed that you insisted on one of his good pens instead of just finding a pencil or cheapo ball-point or something.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I remember being able to use my own sad and appropriate stub of a pencil that was with my clipboard.
If you still ask for his good pen, he is of course annoyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
No paperwork means no sad pencil.