Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

fosborb posted:

incredible content. thank you

here ya go!

https://www.obxconnection.com/outer-banks-forum/forum-thread.aspx?Thread=106890

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

what’s the ETA on mainstream media pulling out the log charts again in an attempt to downplay things

i mean they're straight up flipping axis nowadays nothing loving matters anymore

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Today's going to have the most cases since at least May 21 :lmao:

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I predict excuses and dawdling next week and more lockdowns the week after.

i predict the stupidest possible thing none of us could accurately conceive of

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I predict excuses and dawdling next week and more lockdowns the week after.

we're never locking down again, and I'm being generous in saying we really locked down in the first place

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

we're never locking down again, and I'm being generous in saying we really locked down in the first place

Correct. it's all about normalizing and removing from the media from now on.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Whatever chance we had to stop this is long loving gone. We had half measures at best and most of those have eroded to optional masks and social distancing. No amount of dying is going to get the government from coming anywhere near close to shutting down again.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

it's endemic now and the only way to address it is to destroy the systems who profit by ignoring it, plan accordingly

once it came out that the overwhelming majority of victims were poorer olds and minorities, that was it, we were never getting more relief and we were never locking down again, and we were opening up on an accelerated timeline

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Doomed?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:hai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06AX7godgxg

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

i mean they're straight up flipping axis nowadays nothing loving matters anymore

that was the local state department of health, not "the media"

the nytimes has published a shitload of "holy gently caress cases are rising fast" data graphics and visualizations. they did the best reporting to date on the uncounted deaths.

their current headline is "FLORIDA AND TEXAS REPORT RECORD HIGH DAILY CORONAVIRUS CASES"

100% guarantee you that non-Fox news media will be jumping at the chance to cover the juicy story of skyrocketing cases and death

mystes
May 31, 2006

COVID-420 posted:

that was the local state department of health, not "the media"

the nytimes has published a shitload of "holy gently caress cases are rising fast" data graphics and visualizations. they did the best reporting to date on the uncounted deaths.

their current headline is "FLORIDA AND TEXAS REPORT RECORD HIGH DAILY CORONAVIRUS CASES"

100% guarantee you that non-Fox news media will be jumping at the chance to cover the juicy story of skyrocketing cases and death
It doesn't matter because Americans have decided that coronavirus is something that only happens to Other People. The newspapers can report on it but it will be like reading about a tsunami killing people on the other side of the planet.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

mystes posted:

It doesn't matter because Americans have decided that coronavirus is something that only happens to Other People. The newspapers can report on it but it will be like reading about a tsunami killing people on the other side of the planet.

It'll be interesting looking how many hotspots form in one incubation period after a trump rally

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Mustached Demon posted:

It'll be interesting looking how many hotspots form in one incubation period after a trump rally

Tulsa is about to become the epicenter of a massive breakout from his rally in a week.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I want a day-by-day case count graph from the beginning of this for all states without New York. Any way to find that/any site offer it?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mr. Nice! posted:

Tulsa is about to become the epicenter of a massive breakout from his rally in a week.

I know but he's gonna keep doing rallies and giving more data points

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

is the contest still going? did i beat bearjew?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I know I post this about once a week, but I really do miss that palpable anxiety from mid-march before everyone decided COVID was a hoax.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Still just lmaoing that Americans can't bear the slightest inconvenience like wearing a mask to help prevent other people dying.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Still just lmaoing that Americans can't bear the slightest inconvenience like wearing a mask to help prevent other people dying.
I knew a kid in high school that took pride in doing absolutely the opposite of everything anyone in authority said to him, including petty things like eating those silica packages that say "do not eat".

Little did I know that that cartoonishly unthinking behavior would be repeated all over society.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

You average white boomer has the same defiant attitude as a hangry toddler.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

and I imagine that Tulsa rally will attract chuds from all over the country, being the first in months

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo are there a bunch of people out. Good luck TX.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mr. Pizza posted:

and I imagine that Tulsa rally will attract chuds from all over the country, being the first in months

Tulsa is in a weird place too, you really have to try to get there

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Btw, pretty much all the states that have rising cases also simultaneously have below-average testing.

Also, it looks like we are going to have the highest number of reported cases since May 21st, which generally pulled in data before the lockdowns ended.

I think a lot of what is occurring is not just incubation times (which is part of it), but a systematic lag in the data coupled with under testing. People assume there is a 10-12 lag in data, but in the US it seems like it closer to 19-21 days. I think part of it is just counties often sit on data for up to a week.

Right now, we are looking at infections from late May, just as the lockdowns were being lifted nation-wide.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 01:44 on Jun 13, 2020

mystes
May 31, 2006

Brock Samson posted:

I want a day-by-day case count graph from the beginning of this for all states without New York. Any way to find that/any site offer it?
Number of new cases per day computed from data from the nytimes (https://github.com/nytimes/covid-19-data/blob/master/us-states.csv)

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Independence is the fifth-largest city in the U.S. state of Missouri. It lies within Jackson County, of which it is the county seat.[6] Independence is a satellite city of Kansas City, Missouri, and is part of the Kansas City metropolitan area. Estimate (2019)[3] 116,672

Ahahaha just so happens that Provo and Independence are joined by mormonism

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Beaumont (/ˈboʊmɒnt/ BOH-mont) is a city in and the county seat of Jefferson County, Texas, in the United States,[5] within the Beaumont–Port Arthur Metropolitan Statistical Area. Located in Southeast Texas on the Neches River about 85 miles (137 km) east of Houston (city center to city center), Beaumont had a population of 117,267 at the time of the 2010 census,[1] making it the 30th most populous city in the state of Texas. Estimate (2019)[2] 116,825

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
You know, it's been a pleasure posting with you all at the end of the world

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Epic High Five posted:

When they tried a second mask mandate in 1918 there were literal riots, nevermind a lockdown

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

mystes posted:

Number of new cases per day computed from data from the nytimes (https://github.com/nytimes/covid-19-data/blob/master/us-states.csv)

Thanks!

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Ardennes posted:

I think a lot of what is occurring is not just incubation times (which is part of it), but a systematic lag in the data coupled with under testing.

Infected to symptomatic -> symptomatic to test -> test result is going to be like a 10 day lag. We're just now seeing the spikes from memorial day. poo poo is about to get wild.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Infected to symptomatic -> symptomatic to test -> test result is going to be like a 10 day lag. We're just now seeing the spikes from memorial day. poo poo is about to get wild.

Just in time for America's birthday party! :toot:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
went to a dentist appointment today because we opened er up. itwent well enough, pretty good precautions all around with screening questionair, temp checks, making you swish hydrogen peroxide for 30 second constantly, and not using tools for splatter along with face shields and masks on.

mostly went because i havent had a cleaning/x-ray in like 2-3 years, and i figured now is a best time it'l lever be because cases are about to get a whole lot worse in the coming months and we're at the lowest they'll ever be for perhaps a year. tho i likely already had the 'rona back in march.

also found out there's a weird small metal pole inside my mouth where one of my wisdom teeth used to be and never knew that. it was a cheaply done removal like 16 years ago so maybe they left a CIA tracking device in the socket :tinfoil:

either that or left a tool in there

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Yeah, roughly from around memorial day, there may be more in the next few days just based on how delayed our data is in certain states.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Xaris posted:

went to a dentist appointment today because we opened er up. itwent well enough, pretty good precautions all around with screening questionair, temp checks, making you swish hydrogen peroxide for 30 second constantly, and not using tools for splatter along with face shields and masks on.

mostly went because i havent had a cleaning/x-ray in like 2-3 years, and i figured now is a best time it'l lever be because cases are about to get a whole lot worse in the coming months and we're at the lowest they'll ever be for perhaps a year. tho i likely already had the 'rona back in march.

also found out there's a weird small metal pole inside my mouth where one of my wisdom teeth used to be and never knew that. it was a cheaply done removal like 16 years ago so maybe they left a CIA tracking device in the socket :tinfoil:

It was a slow release COVID Capsule :tinfoil:

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Iron Crowned posted:

eh..

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

Xaris posted:

I have one too, it’s just a piece of a dental instrument. Supposedly it’s harmless. :tinfoil:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Iron Crowned posted:

What song should the band play as we slowly sink beneath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Zil posted:

What song should the band play as we slowly sink beneath